user: Gawdless
By Pwolf Drkgawd 2016-08-12 13:45:52  
dat pc master race.
 Phoenix.Erics
サーバ: Phoenix
Game: FFXI
user: prophets
By Phoenix.Erics 2016-08-12 14:06:21  
should i pick this game up for ps4 if i enjoy exploring and adventure without expecting a massive pay off? are the elements of the game like survival,resource mining and general exploration enough to keep me interested without getting repetitive? Id watch reviews but i dont want to spoil experiencing the actual gameplay ive only seen the trailer and a couple of screenshots. Ive seen mixed reviews on the game but that doesnt mean much since some good games dont get recognition until years later.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
サーバ: Hyperion
Game: FFXIV
user: mikuu
By Hatsune Miku 2016-08-12 21:38:43  
huh

despite the dumb comments

game isnt too terrible

i get what you mean by chill now

still not exactly worth 60 bucks in my opinion, but im a new fan.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
サーバ: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2016-08-12 22:00:30  
The reason the PC version is getting decimated is because the port is monumentally awful. TB related it to Batman Arkham Knight which was the worst PC port in the last 5+ years. My 1070 stutters and hangs on this thing, shouldn't be happening.
By Hatsune Miku 2016-08-12 22:20:24  
idk man

my 980 is running perfectly fine on it

intial start was bad but after like 2-3 config changes + turning gsync which should have been off in the settings, i'm perf okay.

not defending the game, just saying that it's not as bad as people making it out to be
[+]
 Ragnarok.Kongming
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: koumei
By Ragnarok.Kongming 2016-08-12 23:34:18  
Turn off vsync and set frame limit to max
Should vastly improve performance

I got a CTD after 4 hours :(
VIP
By Kalila 2016-08-13 10:36:58  
Sad to see it getting destroyed on Steam due to performance issues with some users.

So much hard work was put into this game and it kinda sucks when it boils down to does it run on my machine or not Day/Week 1, with what, a 12 man team that's been working for the past 5 years on it.

Damn, that would freaking hurt if I was the main developer. I would try to push through it but my gut would be twisted in all kinds of knots. Wouldn't want to be him atm.
[+]
VIP
By Kalila 2016-08-13 10:38:16  
BTW~ coming from someone who didn't expect the game to be multiplayer at all, knowing it wasn't going to be that type of game long before the game was released, because the main dev was even asked that, I think the game is worth the money, but that's just my opinion. An opinion from someone who is perfectly fine knowing I probably won't ever see another player in space (which I think is possible, I'm pretty sure two people found each other Day 1 on PS4).

The game is beautiful, not only in aesthetics, but in design. It did what it set out to be, and AAA games with a team of thousands of people can't even say that half the time.

I mean, I'm considering buying it on PC as well because well, PS4 can only do so much for the game.
VIP
By Kalila 2016-08-13 10:56:40  

Someone found a crashed 48 slot ship, jeez.
 Bismarck.Dracondria
サーバ: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2016-08-13 11:13:26  
VIP
By Kalila 2016-08-13 11:48:24  
He specifically said that you can't see anyone while you're on a planet, and any changes you make to it others can't see. If you destroy a mountain it remains destroyed for you, but when someone else arrives at that spot, they see it as it was before you destroyed it.

You can see others in space.

This was well known for like a year. People like to complain about what they want the game to be and not what they said it was. Idiots will be idiots.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2016-08-13 12:03:56  
Might have something to do with algorithm. Elite Dangerous works in a similar fashion where you could put 1000 players on the same station but client side would only see 30.

Might be an intentional restriction or simply oversight that needs to be adjusted.

With PC it just throws you into the game with no shell menu to calibrate before beginning. I think that is partially to blame for some ire on the PC end. I found that if played in a windowed mode and adjusted my settings to emulate a console I had very little issues compared to full screen (2560x1080) max settings.

It does need an optimization patch though.

Post deleted by User.
[+]
VIP
By Kalila 2016-08-13 12:14:41  
Imagine if someone destroyed a planet to it's core, or mined all the rare resources available that don't respawn. That's not very fair to someone else, even though they could simply find a dif planet, but planets near the center will for the most part be discovered by others.

They recently announced during their 1.03 update that they are working on building structures, structures others might possible see? Who knows, it hasn't been said and others shouldn't assume one way or another.

Post deleted by User.
VIP
By Kalila 2016-08-13 12:20:40  
I agree, just the developers have the standpoint that others should be able to explore and experience the planet as you did when you first found it.

It's not really an easy choice to make.

Post deleted by User.
By Hatsune Miku 2016-08-14 05:11:42  
i accidentally accepted a marriage proposal for an alien

help
[+]
 Ragnarok.Kongming
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: koumei
By Ragnarok.Kongming 2016-08-14 14:22:56  
The decision not to make the universe persistent has nothing to do with making things fair or balanced.

It's merely a technical justification. Storing state data for 18 quintillion planets would require an estimated 18,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 bytes (18 brontobytes) of data, assuming that representing the state of one planet would require about 1 GB of data (a conservative estimate). For comparison, our entire planet is not even using a paltry 50 zettabytes (50,000,000,000,000,000,000,000) to store every digital thing mankind has ever created and the various copies of each.

A persistent universe of this size is physically impossible.
By Enuyasha 2016-08-14 14:48:30  
Bismarck.Josiahfk said: »
at least if you get to name planets and others can come visit them, you have some sense of community. they could make planets naturally decay and replenish over time like they would in real life, if they desired to have anyone able to explore.

like natural resources slowly replenish over the planets millenia etc
Which seems to be what they advertised but either didnt or couldnt give.

Ragnarok.Kongming said: »
The decision not to make the universe persistent has nothing to do with making things fair or balanced.

It's merely a technical justification. Storing state data for 18 quintillion planets would require an estimated 18,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 bytes (18 brontobytes) of data, assuming that representing the state of one planet would require about 1 GB of data (a conservative estimate). For comparison, our entire planet is not even using a paltry 50 zettabytes (50,000,000,000,000,000,000,000) to store every digital thing mankind has ever created and the various copies of each.

A persistent universe of this size is physically impossible.
More than likely because of this. It would take too much to broadcast to thousands of players one planet, then you get to entire universes of planets on a scale that this game would be trying to project and keep up with. I think that a game on that scale would take consoles and PCs that we dont have or would be cost ineffective on either end.

And as far as "fair" or "Balanced" goes: you reach the implementation of politics in a sandbox game. You will have some people that just want to gather materials for their own progression and then you will have some people that will gather materials just because they can. However, you as a individual have no obligation to appease either group if you dont believe in either ideology. You could very well just destroy the planet because you can.
 Asura.Karbuncle
サーバ: Asura
user: Karbuncle
By Asura.Karbuncle 2016-08-14 15:06:31  
Kalila said: »
He specifically said that you can't see anyone while you're on a planet, and any changes you make to it others can't see. If you destroy a mountain it remains destroyed for you, but when someone else arrives at that spot, they see it as it was before you destroyed it.

You can see others in space.

This was well known for like a year. People like to complain about what they want the game to be and not what they said it was. Idiots will be idiots.
What? Where! I haven't seen it brought up yet and I apparently suck at Google... Not that I don't believe you as well, its evidenced in game, I'd just like to read it because right now all I have to go off of is a Video of him saying its multiplayer like 12 times on different occasions.

Having the other side of the story would be baller :(
VIP
By Kalila 2016-08-14 15:27:55  
I think it was the 2nd gameplay video he did, or something. I could try looking it up, but it was that video where he was in a grassy area and one of the animals attacked him, and he explored underwater.

If memory serves correctly.

It was that video where you really learned what the game was going to be about, what it is now, and what everyone really should have accepted the game to be as.

I would love a game that was perfection as much as anyone, and I know how cool multiplayer would be in this game. I might be wrong with believing that the 60 dollar price tag is too high, but I believe it is a quality game. Not even some of the reviewers I like to watch think that though, so opinions vary so much.

Like, to me, this is one of my top 3 games, but to others they hate the game and wish it was different. Maybe it was because I accepted what the game was long ago while others still let their imagination dream up a version of the game that wasn't possible by this 16 man team, at least not right now. It would be stupid to think that they don't have the same dreams for their creation as well, that they were just realistic in what they could accomplish with how demanding their vision was.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2016-08-14 18:06:59  
https://www.reddit.com/r/NoMansSkyTheGame/comments/4xgn9r/found_out_why_nms_looks_like_trash_on_pcthe/
By Hatsune Miku 2016-08-15 01:11:50  
sorry people with old computers who can't handle a PS4 port

game works just fine on my pc

:P
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2016-08-15 01:40:43  
Besides the hyperbole behind what you just said, that isn't even what the thread is about
 Shiva.Siviard
サーバ: Shiva
user: Siviard
By Shiva.Siviard 2016-08-15 11:47:45  
I really want to try this game out, but I'm apprehensive to get it based on the bad reviews the PC version of the game is getting.

These are the specs of my current PC that I built a few months ago, please let me know how it would do (or if there's more info needed)

GPU: GeForce GT 740
CPU: Intel i7-6700 @ 3.4GHz
RAM: 16 GB @ DDR4