Still can't beat Cerberus T.T

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Odin.Rikiyame
サーバ: Odin
Game: FFXI
user: Rikiyame
By Odin.Rikiyame 2017-10-24 17:01:05  
I have Chizuru set for Cerb. 150% fire res and 100% evasion and Null all debuffs.

Edit: Yep, she can solo (just did with my test account). Turn on auto and make sure Auto-LB is on and just let it go for about 45 min.
[+]
 Phoenix.Erics
サーバ: Phoenix
user: prophets
By Phoenix.Erics 2017-10-24 17:54:51  
the ELT skeleton is rough on my account without orlandeau ( i need to max out my agrias on that one) Im not sure im going to be able to do nightmare if they scale it as high as the gap between INT and ELT was.
 Phoenix.Libbien
user: Alttp
By Phoenix.Libbien 2017-10-24 18:48:50  
I had to do the skele twice because killing it in 10 turns with lasswell as part of my team isn't possible for me right now. I tried it with Ayaka, WoL, FV, Rikku, Fry + Fry friend and got it down in 11 turns lol. I don't have any light ele weapons, nor do i have orlandeau anyways so ice chains with fry is the best I got.

Question though... that doom move doesn't always kill my units, but instead leaves them at 1hp and unable to act in any way. I can't even cure them etc. This is really annoying because i wasted turns trying to kill them and didn't see anything unusual that could cause this on the wiki page. Has this happened to anyone else and if so, how can I correct the issue?
 Valefor.Artemys
サーバ: Valefor
user: Artemys
By Valefor.Artemys 2017-10-24 19:35:32  
Odin.Rikiyame said: »
I have Chizuru set for Cerb. 150% fire res and 100% evasion and Null all debuffs.

Edit: Yep, she can solo (just did with my test account). Turn on auto and make sure Auto-LB is on and just let it go for about 45 min.
You are a God! Thank you for this lol my 2B and Akaya dies around 20%, he double tapped them after the reraise
 Phoenix.Erics
By Phoenix.Erics 2017-10-24 19:49:04  
Phoenix.Libbien said: »
but instead leaves them at 1hp and unable to act in any way. I can't even cure them etc.
it kind of happened to me, my noctis was midair he came down with 1hp then died right after but rikku raise was in effect and apparently if you die from the move then rikku raise kicks in all the units that died lose their turns. I assumed it was just a glitch because within the same second he dropped to 1 hp the nm killed him to reraise.
 Phoenix.Libbien
By Phoenix.Libbien 2017-10-24 19:56:16  
Phoenix.Erics said: »
Phoenix.Libbien said: »
but instead leaves them at 1hp and unable to act in any way. I can't even cure them etc.
it kind of happened to me, my noctis was midair he came down with 1hp then died right after but rikku raise was in effect and apparently if you die from the move then rikku raise kicks in all the units that died lose their turns. I assumed it was just a glitch because within the same second he dropped to 1 hp the nm killed him to reraise.

Weird, but glad it's not just me. Although not every unit that died and RR'd lost their turn so I'm still a bit confused. Perhaps I'll give it a 3rd try and really pay attention to what happens.
 Phoenix.Libbien
By Phoenix.Libbien 2017-10-25 10:26:19  
Round 1 goes to the Skeleton King...

This stupid thing is no joke. I forgot to actually gear Marie again which didn't help, but certainly didn't cause the loss. It took me over 30 turns to get it to this point. Even for someone like me without a ton of TMRs, I think having my own Ace would have made a difference instead of rikku who isn't all that useful here. Some sort of rotation with Ace's spirit hand and mirage vest maybe? Not even sure that would work, but siphon delta is the only hard part of this fight unless there's something worse at a lower hp threshold.
 Asura.Logarius
サーバ: Asura
By Asura.Logarius 2017-10-25 10:40:26  
Agreed regarding Rikku. Not even sure why I brought her along. Died around the same percentage, somewhere between 50-55%, and am dreading another attempt due to the time sink of the double esper mission.
 Odin.Rikiyame
By Odin.Rikiyame 2017-10-25 11:23:43  
Gear for high SPR (drains less MP since Osmose is MAG based). Make sure you apply breaks to boss and buffs to yourself (standard stuff). Luka may be MVP healer for this (but I have seen no healer runs).
 Phoenix.Libbien
By Phoenix.Libbien 2017-10-25 11:35:18  
Odin.Rikiyame said: »
Gear for high SPR (drains less MP since Osmose is MAG based). Make sure you apply breaks to boss and buffs to yourself (standard stuff). Luka may be MVP healer for this (but I have seen no healer runs).

I was actually considering ditching ayaka as well as rikku. Between mechanical heart, warrior's pride, and enhanced love you all from marie there wasn't a ton of curing needed since WoL eats most everything. Leaning towards adding enhanced delita for better breaks and spr buffs, but can't think of a viable 2nd swap if i go without ayaka.
 Asura.Logarius
By Asura.Logarius 2017-10-25 14:05:41  
Attempt #2 - 38%. He then managed to murder my entire team, save VotE, in one round. Honestly not sure what I could've done to avoid it outside of possessing exponentially more TMRs. Nightmare indeed.

EDIT: Thinking maybe pushing him past 60% and 40% thresholds in one turn may have been the problem. Will probably give it one more attempt with that in mind.
 Phoenix.Erics
By Phoenix.Erics 2017-10-25 15:10:45  
i get if they want to make stuff like this a new boss but dont waste peoples times making this an event mob that you only have a week to get good enough to do.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Phoenix.Libbien
By Phoenix.Libbien 2017-10-25 15:41:39  
Yea I burned all of my "luck" pulling 2x Nyx while going for Crowe... who i got 0 of lol. Using dailies and whatever tickets we got from this event/logins/expeditions have yielded exactly 0 golds. Aside from lacking I Nichol, I also lack an evade unit. The highest i can get is like 70% or so which isn't going to cut it. To be honest though, I can do this without an evade unit if i had the means to sustain mp... i think lol.
 Phoenix.Erics
By Phoenix.Erics 2017-10-25 16:18:25  
i pulled 2 I nichols today i have a soliel and a ling with ring of the lucii, quick assault and every other evasion item except for the vest and the twenty sided die . So i should beable to do the thing? what does Inichol do?
 Odin.Rikiyame
By Odin.Rikiyame 2017-10-25 17:12:11  
Chance to protect all allies from physical damage (100%) with damage mitigation (30% physical, 30% magic) for 2 turns to one ally which he can cast on anyone effectively making ANYONE a tank.

Edit: Don't forget the Confuse NULL stuff (Lakshmi has something). I'm working on getting GLSakura ready for this.
By Creecreelo 2017-10-25 20:17:42  
Jesus, I'm still shaking from nerves from fighting that Nightmare Skeleton King lol, but I managed to win!

I just recently finished maxing Knight Delita's LB (ATK/MAG -64%) and basically used that in conjunction with other buffs to have my team just tank through all of its attacks.

My first two attempts, I used Marie, Knight Delita, Orlandeau, VotE, and friend VotD/Orlandeau. Surviving wasn't too much of an issue and neither was the MP drain. The real issue was getting through that last 40% of the boss's health quickly. The Dark/Fire Imperil is so freaking strong that if the boss gets enough MP and characters aren't defensive enough, they can take quite a bit of dmg from Shadow Storm. I also should've worked on getting the x2 summons out of the way asap. I did a chain or two and getting orbs was a pain, so before you knew it I had to deal with annoying MP drain while working on summoning orbs.

My third attempt (and the win!!), I gave up on the 5-man trial for now and added in Soleil for extra offense/defense and brought a VotD friend. I switched some of my espers and a little equipment around to try to give more elemental resistance to my lesser bulky chars for the final push. Once the battle started, I got the espers done asap without dealing much dmg. Brought it to 41%, prepared buffs (Omni-Block, Lovely Guard +2, Abyss Guard, Defensive Barrier), gave a fresh Knight Delita LB break. Then I started my assault @_@, using Orlandeau/VotD to chain and Knight Delita to finish for extra dmg. I had VotE use his LB as well that turn (lvl 22 atm) for a large DT reduction that made his Soul Siphon hit for little dmg, which made Shadow Storm hit for hardly anything. Basically it went from 41->21%->0% and I had a large sigh of relief.

TLDR: I don't have many TMRs, but Knight Delita's (and VotE's as well to some extent) LB really saved my *** lol

If anyone could use Knight Delita, let me know, he's only set up for 3 LB crysts/turn though since that's all I can really sport for now. I largely used Eccentrick and counters from Knight Delita/VotE to keep up his LB.

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Ina
user: Inasura
By Asura.Ina 2017-10-26 11:26:30  
Freehugs said: »
So will you only be able to do the Bahamut event coming up if you're in or beat chapter 7? I'm still in chapter 2. lol
As far as I can tell it's not an event and just part of the game since it says nothing about an end date and shows up on the world map instead of vortex
 Phoenix.Komugichan
By Phoenix.Komugichan 2017-10-26 12:23:03  
Seems they need nightmare or I was super lucky. I was gearing to a tempt him before the maintenance went down prepared for awhile using nrg reserves to get right abilities awakened feels a shame considering all the prep I did. Well the bright side is I have a awakened Soliel and Marie, and a max level illusionist Nicol and Ilias.

Post deleted by User.
 Phoenix.Libbien
By Phoenix.Libbien 2017-10-26 16:14:04  
Caitsith.Shiroi said: »
Phoenix.Komugichan said: »
Seems they need nightmare or I was super lucky. I was gearing to a tempt him before the maintenance went down prepared for awhile using nrg reserves to get right abilities awakened feels a shame considering all the prep I did. Well the bright side is I have a awakened Soliel and Marie, and a max level illusionist Nicol and Ilias.

yeah they've severely nerfed him.

SPR/DEF break down to 20% from 45%
Elemental breaks down to 50% from 80%

Can't use his MP-scalling skills after using Soul Siphon (Can use them before)

So as long as you MP drain it every turn it's quite easy now.

Soul siphon every turn is still too much for me. Supposedly it's not 100% that he will use it every turn, but he sure did for me across 12 or 13 turns below the 60% threshold. Maybe I'm just "lucky". No Ace and no competent chaining partner is killing me because i can't use a friend unit to fill both. I used Byrth's Fry and enhanced spr break and enhanced meditate from delita and even a perfect chain on FFB only does about 14% dmg. Tempted to give tidus a shot despite lacking his tmr. Maxed his lb and i can use jecht shot to convert dmg to water.
 Phoenix.Komugichan
By Phoenix.Komugichan 2017-10-26 17:36:32  
I cleared him with WoL, Ilias, Soliel, Luka, Fryevia, and Frrind Fryevia and I managed alright. I went with 6 as the 5 party reward doesn't interest me at all. Though I suppose I could have done it withough Luka.
By Creecreelo 2017-10-26 20:45:28  
What is your current set up Libb? Also, afaik the Skeleton King cannot have either his SPR or DEF broken.
 Phoenix.Erics
By Phoenix.Erics 2017-10-26 21:55:51  
i used refia, soleil, luneth, WoL and illusionNichol with onion knight friend and only got it to 30%, but getting to 30% was really easy. After that, he kept starting out the turn with no mp then draining enough mp to kill a DD then by next turn i didnt have anyone to drain his mp cause they just got raised and his turn after was an even stronger atk. I didnt think about how useless wol was since soleil was evasion tanking i should consider swapping Wol for a minfilia for dark/fire resist and maybe refia for ilias or something, idk.
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Byrthnoth
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2017-10-26 22:01:05  
I can probably make my Frye quite a bit better tomorrow if you want.
 Phoenix.Libbien
By Phoenix.Libbien 2017-10-26 22:10:01  
My last attempt was Fry x2, enhanced luka, enhanced delita, WoL, and enhanced Marie. Delita's enhanced meditate helpes some on siphon but it still became too much.

I recently got Soleil so perhaps I should grind some crysts to awaken her and also have Ilias, but would need to grind him to 100 from 4*. As I said, soul siphon is the biggest issue for me. He doesn't hit that hard but if he drains my mp to 0 then I can't osmose him without wasting turns using items all while he stays busy healing himself every turn. It's a vicious cycle you can get stuck in if he spams that garbage and at least for me, he does.
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Byrthnoth
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2017-10-26 22:13:27  
Honestly, I'm not sure Frye x2 is enough damage for this. I pretty much filled my random flist with 900+ MAG Fryes and the best I've seen is still about 20% on one turn.
First Page 2 3 ... 36 37 38 ... 116 117 118