I Got Banned From The Official Forums!

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » General » I got banned from the official forums!
I got banned from the official forums!
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
 Valefor.Omnys
サーバ: Valefor
Game: FFXI
user: omnys
By Valefor.Omnys 2016-05-27 00:37:23  
Valefor.Andrewviii said: »
Seriously how long into the introduction thread did people start petitioning for their favorite job to be improved?

I hate when people do that too, but lots of ideas worth consideration go virtually ignored and then some stupid nonsense thread gets a reply within a day. In fairness, the nonsense threads mostly get ignored as well.
 Valefor.Kensagaku
user: Kensagaku
By Valefor.Kensagaku 2016-05-27 01:49:46  
Valefor.Kensagaku said: »
Valefor.Omnys said: »
The OF is easy: don't say what you're thinking or anything remotely close to it.

Pretty much this. 9/10 times I close a thread mid-response because I tend to lean towards "no, you're stupid, and this is why in bulleted points." Haven't been banned yet, which is surprising given that about 60% of my posts are exactly that and the OF comes with some seriously salty folks, but I am waiting.

inb4 someone reports me just to get me banned for saying that! :U
Honestly I'm surprised you even commented on that one who thought it would be a good idea to give runefencer 100% WSD.

Also if you really want an example of how not to be banned on the official forum, I present the groveling sycophant.

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/threads/50561-May-Update-Dissapointment?p=579477&viewfull=1#post579477

Honestly, I sort of expected a temp ban after my second post, where I couldn't help but snark at his comment about his own idea being, and I quote exactly, "pure tactical (well thought out) and smart." That was just dripping with self-praise to the point I couldn't resist the remarks. I think the only way I've avoided getting slapped upside the head so far is because I tend to follow up the "no, you're stupid" with actual answers, and people tend to just let them slide amidst the rest. That, or I need to double-check my Bonanza marbles with the luck I have...

Seriously how long into the introduction thread did people start petitioning for their favorite job to be improved?

I hate when people do that too, but lots of ideas worth consideration go virtually ignored and then some stupid nonsense thread gets a reply within a day. In fairness, the nonsense threads mostly get ignored as well.

I can't imagine the hundredth or so "PLEASE LET ME CHANGE MY RACE/FACE/GENDER" thread getting ignored, heavens no, especially not when it's OP replied in a similar thread less than two days before... >.> I'm okay letting the nonsense be ignored.
[+]
 Shiva.Malthar
サーバ: Shiva
user: Malthar
By Shiva.Malthar 2016-05-27 02:37:47  
Draylo said: »
Alhalalehm(sp) reports EVERYONE, so that is the main reason for bannings. The guy is pathetic.

Have you been banned Dray?

And Rooks, don't delete my post! I see your finger on that button! lol
 Ragnarok.Slyshen
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Slyshen1
By Ragnarok.Slyshen 2016-05-27 02:58:14  
I got banned from P+R for saying I was high 4 years ago.
[+]
 Siren.Akson
サーバ: Siren
user: AKs0n
By Siren.Akson 2016-05-27 03:14:02  
Was banned from OF for a while. SE dropped that major lives NEWS broadcast anouncement which turned out sounding more like "Game Over".

So after whoever from SE posted on OF basicly reiterating that same "Game Over" msg. I took thier quote and misquoted them into saying something alot more possitive and inspirational imo cuz I had them saying they gonna make a FF Monster Hunter franchise <_< which they certainly should >_> considering Monster Hunter sales destroyed SE own FF sales in Japan.
 Shiva.Malthar
By Shiva.Malthar 2016-05-31 18:21:41  
Looks like there's a new thread on the official forums asking if there is an appeal process:

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/threads/50734-Is-there-an-appeals-procedure-to-the-forum-bannings

When you guys get banned, be sure to post your experience here.

I truly believe it's part of their concerted agenda to reduce the FFXI player base so they can eventually say no-one is playing anymore and shutdown the servers.

I wonder, if we start a kickstarter for buying FFXI, or even leasing it from SE, how much it would cost... I would be into that. How about everyone else? I nominate Arcon to be responsible for this project.
 Asura.Atomnium
サーバ: Asura
user: Atomnium
By Asura.Atomnium 2016-06-01 09:57:41  
Hello ffxiah.com users!

I never post here but kind of ended to check your forum everyday for the last decade <3

As an old fart FFXI player for over 8 years on Asura and now a FFXIV player since 1.0, I too got perma-banned from OF like 1 year ago (Do you guys have a VIP card that I can claim somewhere?).

My story, nothing fancy :

Got banned for quoting another user while getting regularly harassed by it for around 6 months, ended to refuse to answer to the man/woman attacks and said why through its own words posted on the forum = Got perma banned for "Slander".

Quoting is dangerous, don't do it.

If you guys want to read some bans stories from FFXI/FFXIV OF, this reddit post was made 2 months ago :

reddit

Just my opinion but I personally understood that FFXI or FFXIV OFs are no longer places designed to welcome us, the players, but most likely serving the role of an echo chamber to SE.
Blindly nuking away anything that isn't showing the perfect picture of an "happy-customers-forum", some people even believe that SE now outsource their forums management to another company.

I tried to appeal 4 times through kind mails but ended to either : got answers talking to me like if I was a terrorist about to receive a death sentence or just received the usual copy/past message. That's how they deal with a very long time customer/fanboy, it's not easy to love you SE, not easy at all!

I wish, I could appeal it for real. Not to pertain into discuss again but at least to serve the role of a simple player : report bugs, get into seasonal contests/events.

Anyway! You guys and gals are awesome, FFXI community will stay as the best ever made for sure, I love you all and sending you gentle but manly *kisses* from Bretagne (France) <3

PS : (Missing the good old days on FFXI so much! I doubt to ever see FFXIV becoming as glorious as FFXI when it come to range/panel of contents).
 Valefor.Andrewviii
By Valefor.Andrewviii 2016-06-02 02:49:17  
http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/threads/50480-Job-balancing?p=579817&viewfull=1#post579817

It's a good thing I'm banned, because if not I would reply to that and get banned again. I don't even think a special education math teacher could explain to him why he is wrong.
[+]
 Valefor.Omnys
By Valefor.Omnys 2016-06-02 03:11:52  
That guy's name fits, that's all I'll say. He's always posting huge nonsense.

And it always makes me think of the the wacking wavy inflatable flailing arm tube guy.
[+]
 Valefor.Andrewviii
By Valefor.Andrewviii 2016-06-02 09:11:21  
It really bothers me that he said it in response to something the current FFXI Director said. Thanks for making English players collectively look like HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE jackasses.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Byrthnoth
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2016-06-02 09:55:04  
Because SE effectively doesn't use the NA forums to obtain feedback, NA forum users are only a liability. Banning users is a form of risk control.

Don't expect it to change and just post on XIAH and BG instead.
[+]
 Valefor.Omnys
By Valefor.Omnys 2016-06-02 18:19:25  
Obviously the game is so japanese that it was even programmed in japanese. The English community only thinks they understand.
 Fenrir.Skarwind
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Skarwind
By Fenrir.Skarwind 2016-06-02 18:35:48  
Looks like there are all kinda of speshul people on that forum.

I just read one post about some poor fellow whining about fencer gifts. "I use great axe only and my gifts are useless to me!, nobody invites me"

If he only wants to specialize with one weapon type why is he even playing warrior lol...
 Valefor.Omnys
By Valefor.Omnys 2016-06-02 18:44:57  
I think you're talking about Stompa?

Sue me, but that seems like a fair complaint. Fencer doesn't benefit dual wielding or 2h weapons (obviously) and one of the ws's that it benefits the most (savage blade) is for a weapon that warrior has a fairly dreadful selection in nowadays. So yeah, a lot of warriors have their Rags and Conquerer's rotting while they go sword and board, or axe and board.

Actually, a lot have their warriors rotting altogether while they play jobs actually welcome at the content.

Warrior's gifts look like a case of many JP gifts. Just filler designed by a team that managed to design some cool jobs without understanding them (because they don't play the game beyond debugging).
[+]
 Fenrir.Skarwind
By Fenrir.Skarwind 2016-06-02 19:36:34  
I think you're talking about Stompa?

Sue me, but that seems like a fair complaint. Fencer doesn't benefit dual wielding or 2h weapons (obviously) and one of the ws's that it benefits the most (savage blade) is for a weapon that warrior has a fairly dreadful selection in nowadays. So yeah, a lot of warriors have their Rags and Conquerer's rotting while they go sword and board, or axe and board.

Actually, a lot have their warriors rotting altogether while they play jobs actually welcome at the content.

Warrior's gifts look like a case of many JP gifts. Just filler designed by a team that managed to design some cool jobs without understanding them (because they don't play the game beyond debugging).

If they love the job they will make it work and adapt accordingly.

IMO The only reason Rags and Conquerors are rotting away is because they haven't been after glowed. AG Ragnarok is pretty insane when you can get away with using a 2 handed weapon.

While the pickings are slim for swords, they are far from dreadful:
Sangarius +1
Tanmogai +1
Reikiko
Firangi

For pure damage Calamity is also hitting some pretty high numbers, Mistral axe is nothing to sneeze at either.

Also just so this doesn't become a tldr thing, I added more with a spoiler.
I agree with you that we are stuck with a dev team that knows nothing about the game/job's mechanics. These are the cards we have been dealt and all we can do is play our hands appropriately.
 Valefor.Omnys
By Valefor.Omnys 2016-06-02 21:28:47  
As someone who loved PLD enough to use it during abyssea/voidwatch/early-adoulin when it had practically no use (lots of time just sitting there holding adds), I agree it's about whether you love the job or merely what it can do. For instance, I very much exploit BST. I don't very much like the job, I like what it can do. When it stops being able to do that, it will get retired (again).

At the same time, people are on the official forums making a reasonable complaint that SE has kinda ruined their jobs (not talking about bst, lol). Maybe some of them still play their WARs, savage-blade'ing til the end of time, but are also leaving feedback that they don't like it.

Heck, they just said they're looking into 2h weapons and more-recently said that they've just begun to look, so they were so unaware that this is a thing they're just now starting to consider. I guess noone on the JP forums told them.

And from your spoiler

Quote:
I've had no issues playing the jobs I like. I also know when I need to change to something else. But a good WAR can actually fill in as a PLD on a lot of NMs/Events out there. A majority of people are afraid to go against the grain and do so though.

I've gone War to apex parties (sword/shield for tanking, gaxe for self scing double light.)

I actually want to do these things. No offense to your warrior at all but alot of this stuff can be tanked by pretty terrible PLDs, so I'm sure a good warrior can handle it and yeah, put out nice dps.

If I ever get around to JPing warrior, it will be as a tank. Already took up blu as a tank, so why not.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Byrthnoth
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2016-06-02 22:48:42  
Fencer is cool for novelty and making sword quasi-viable but otherwise dumb. In my experience, sword builds are bad compared to 119v3 RME GA or GS.

However, WAR gets 10% DA, 10% crit rate, 10% critical damage bonus through Gifts. At least getting one dud upgrade (Fencer) doesn't hurt them like Dancer's Dual Wield+5%.
[+]
 Fenrir.Skarwind
By Fenrir.Skarwind 2016-06-03 14:24:56  
Lakshmi.Byrth said: »
Fencer is cool for novelty and making sword quasi-viable but otherwise dumb. In my experience, sword builds are bad compared to 119v3 RME GA or GS.

However, WAR gets 10% DA, 10% crit rate, 10% critical damage bonus through Gifts. At least getting one dud upgrade (Fencer) doesn't hurt them like Dancer's Dual Wield+5%.

I agree with you there, that is why I have the intent to Afterglow a Rag. But in situations where I need to cut down on damage taken. Blurred Shield+1 is something I would switch too. It lets me mitigate damage while still being able to dish it out.

As someone who loved PLD enough to use it during abyssea/voidwatch/early-adoulin when it had practically no use (lots of time just sitting there holding adds), I agree it's about whether you love the job or merely what it can do. For instance, I very much exploit BST. I don't very much like the job, I like what it can do. When it stops being able to do that, it will get retired (again).

At the same time, people are on the official forums making a reasonable complaint that SE has kinda ruined their jobs (not talking about bst, lol). Maybe some of them still play their WARs, savage-blade'ing til the end of time, but are also leaving feedback that they don't like it.

Heck, they just said they're looking into 2h weapons and more-recently said that they've just begun to look, so they were so unaware that this is a thing they're just now starting to consider. I guess noone on the JP forums told them.

And from your spoiler

Quote:
I've had no issues playing the jobs I like. I also know when I need to change to something else. But a good WAR can actually fill in as a PLD on a lot of NMs/Events out there. A majority of people are afraid to go against the grain and do so though.

I've gone War to apex parties (sword/shield for tanking, gaxe for self scing double light.)

I actually want to do these things. No offense to your warrior at all but alot of this stuff can be tanked by pretty terrible PLDs, so I'm sure a good warrior can handle it and yeah, put out nice dps.

If I ever get around to JPing warrior, it will be as a tank. Already took up blu as a tank, so why not.

No offense taken, it is doable though. The main issue is people will most likely pick gimp PLDs or even August over you until you can prove them wrong.

Also if you get bored with sword axe is always there.

Just remember though Retaliation will gimp shield blocks. They still kick in during TP moves though.

I hope to god they fix 2 handed weapons. I hoped the adjustments we had not too long ago would have. But it doesn't really make a difference unless you are highly buffed. Its embarrassing is takes months for them to fix it. I know it would just be a step back from the adjustments they did not too long ago. But what if they made 1 str/1 dex= attack/acc for 2 handers.

1 str= .5 attack for 1 handers, and 1 str= .75 attack for 2 handers is what it was set as for the longest time.

Now that the calculation is equal, on top of weapon skill buffs. 2 handers are behind.
 Valefor.Omnys
By Valefor.Omnys 2016-06-03 16:14:59  
I don't know where most DPS stand DPS-wise because I don't get to play with a lot of melee (except thieves) but in the current meta, the dps of the person creating the skillchain doesn't matter, so long as they can reliably hit the boss.

I mean, any DPS is going to do more skillchain damage than a scholar, but people use scholars in many situations because it's strategicially the best, like it or not.

I'm all for a DPS boost but it doesn't matter if 2h'ers WS 3 times harder if they can't ws because of amnesia, can't hit the boss (because the acc reqs > m.acc reqs--especially factoring in bursting or can't survive the boss.

The scholars of course are also at range and not vulnerable to most affects, especially most killing effects, and when they are, they're more likely to be in -dt gear because they can be whenever they're not casting.
[+]
 Shiva.Malthar
By Shiva.Malthar 2016-06-03 16:22:13  
Byrth, start a kickstarter to buy/lease ffxi.
[+]
By Ulthakptah 2016-06-03 17:39:28  
I don't know where most DPS stand DPS-wise because I don't get to play with a lot of melee (except thieves) but in the current meta, the dps of the person creating the skillchain doesn't matter, so long as they can reliably hit the boss.

I mean, any DPS is going to do more skillchain damage than a scholar, but people use scholars in many situations because it's strategicially the best, like it or not.

I'm all for a DPS boost but it doesn't matter if 2h'ers WS 3 times harder if they can't ws because of amnesia, can't hit the boss (because the acc reqs > m.acc reqs--especially factoring in bursting or can't survive the boss.

The scholars of course are also at range and not vulnerable to most affects, especially most killing effects, and when they are, they're more likely to be in -dt gear because they can be whenever they're not casting.

And the real issues never get addressed.

Start a discussion about the accuracy problem, you get retards crying over the minuscule difference between dual wielding and grips like 18 more acc is going to cap their acc on reisenjima helm NMs. Talk about making it safer for melees to be on the front line, and their solution is to remove imminence.

Those things aren't going to change ***except makes it so no one can clear the content, but that's pretty much the OF. Bunch of crabs in a bucket trying to nerf each other until their favorite job sucks the least.

Personally if people like doing magic burst set ups, good for them; if people like pet set ups good for them. However me and my ls want to do melee set ups, but can't and to me that is a problem. I don't give a flying *** which melee DD is top dog or flavor of the month. I played thf before the one hand update, and I still play it after the thf ws nerf, IDGAF. The problem is the same for ALL the melees: accuracy, tp feed, and AoE hell.

Also an acceptable solution is not bring 6+ geos. There are 22 jobs in the game 1/3 of an alliance shouldn't have to all be the same one.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2016-06-03 18:04:18  
Ulthakptah said: »
Bunch of crabs in a bucket trying to nerf each other until their favorite job sucks the least.
But isn't that the goal of the official forums?
[+]
 Valefor.Omnys
By Valefor.Omnys 2016-06-03 19:01:14  
Sure Ulth, I completely agree and always have on that regard.

The problem in the OF is that there's this mindset that if they just nerf CDC, people will stop taking blus. CDC is good but Accuracy Bonus giving 72 acc, Dual Wield accomodating any sub, Saline Coat, Barrier Tusk, Mighty Guard, Personal Haste II. These are what make blu a great melee. But BLU (and dnc, but not enough people play dnc) is basically the best of a bad situation.

Yeah, blu is almost always the desired melee for content, but a lot of times people don't even want melee.

You would have to gut blu (nerf traits, nerf several spells) to make other melee more desirable when your main goal is a skillchain.

The design of the content has to be addressed if balance is ever going to get any better. And we need a way to remove Amnesia. I still like my idea for removing amnesia--

Amnesna: 100% proc and it lands and grants immunity to amnesia for 30s. If the player doesn't have amnesia, no immunity is granted.

---

And yeah, it'd be nice if they'd address the mediocre JP gifts a lot of jobs got.
[+]
 Asura.Syto
user: Sessho
By Asura.Syto 2016-06-03 19:15:19  
In all honesty they made the system on official forums exactly like the actual game mechanics of having a rare item drop. You kill it over and over until you see it drop. It is a numbers game that SE put themselves in all the way. Their system is literally to continuously grind their forums via threads about their emotions and cry until their wishes come true. Their in-game mechanics trained the populous. That is what they get. I feel no remorse for the ***they have to deal with as forum admins.

If they had a better communication system and more direct responses from directors/programmers of the game, they would have better success updating their game. This translation between moderators and game developer is not working.

Also like others have mentioned their is obvious favoritism as noted for years towards Japanese player community. This is a known fact. So JP have higher innate chance of that "change" occurring than the NA player-base when said change is requested.

On top of everything, they should of never designed the forums in the first place. They created a highly addicting game. Obviously when addicts want their opium in the perfect flavor possible, they will do anything to get it. The forums is just another place to cry for their favorite flavor of opium. I like my Opium "SAM" flavored. So let me go ahead and cry until the change that I want occurs. I have 300 Threads to create vs JP they only have to create 5 Threads to get the change (drop) they want... I hate you Tanaka..

Why did Prince die? ...... Oh ***I am getting off topic...
 Valefor.Omnys
By Valefor.Omnys 2016-06-03 19:30:24  
Quote:
On top of everything, they should of never designed the forums in the first place.

I agree with everything but this.

There needs to be a way to communicate with the devs, but the NA forums are more like Customer Service leaving the phone off the hook so the damn thing doesn't ring.

They send some poor soul (Sicycre atm) into the NA forums to say no every now and then and go back to playing Crash Bandicoot. They're excited though because, no longer bound by PS2, they can finally get some new games in the office.
By Ulthakptah 2016-06-03 20:04:28  
Their customer service is god awful too. Basically an automated system. I contacted the support and it's a generic email.

My issue had nothing to do with an announcement, and if you are wondering they do not respond back if you reply to the email. I certainly don't feel cherished.
 Asura.Syto
user: Sessho
By Asura.Syto 2016-06-03 22:54:14  
Quote:
On top of everything, they should of never designed the forums in the first place.

I agree with everything but this.

There needs to be a way to communicate with the devs, but the NA forums are more like Customer Service leaving the phone off the hook so the damn thing doesn't ring.

They send some poor soul (Sicycre atm) into the NA forums to say no every now and then and go back to playing Crash Bandicoot. They're excited though because, no longer bound by PS2, they can finally get some new games in the office.

lol. You are so true. I agree. It is good to have some kind of system than nothing. Yet, I just dislike reading posts about people feeling sorry for the moderators for having to deal with their "complaining" clients (AKA Addicted NA Population). I am happy to complain.

They can ban me all they want lol. I will bring Tanaka's Shadow Empire down if I don't get my SAM back! XD :P (Even though Tanaka actually really loved and favored SAM.. ; ; I miss that guy now all the sudden.. lol)
 Sylph.Taruranto
サーバ: Sylph
user: Tarlant
By Sylph.Taruranto 2016-06-06 02:10:55  
Draylo said: »
Alhalalehm(sp) reports EVERYONE, so that is the main reason for bannings. The guy is pathetic.
That dude was particularly infamous on FFXIV forums too, ah. Always defending every decision SE took.
By Afania 2016-06-06 03:10:03  
Sure Ulth, I completely agree and always have on that regard.

The problem in the OF is that there's this mindset that if they just nerf CDC, people will stop taking blus. CDC is good but Accuracy Bonus giving 72 acc, Dual Wield accomodating any sub, Saline Coat, Barrier Tusk, Mighty Guard, Personal Haste II. These are what make blu a great melee. But BLU (and dnc, but not enough people play dnc) is basically the best of a bad situation.

I think CDC is omgwtf broken as a WS though, if CDC is as bad as victory smite I'm betting 100k that other DD would have much greater chance to compete.
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8