言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
Trump Talk™
First Page 2 3 ... 206 207 208 ... 216 217 218
By eliroo 2016-08-23 08:59:00  
Lakshmi.Flavin said: »
You want to solve illegal immigration? Start going after the businesses that keep hiring people under the table... I never see people really complain about them all that much which surprised me... Why dont you complain about them not paying taxes associated with their employees? I guess it's alright because they're American?

It would be hard to pin down. What happen is a contractor needs a house painted or a roof built and he will drive down to Home depot, or w/e the spot is. Find a few illegals and ask them "Who can do roofing". They raise their hands and then hop in the contractors truck and get to work. They get paid for their work in cash and thats that.
Forum Moderator
サーバ: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: AnnaMolly
By Anna Ruthven 2016-08-23 09:14:54  
You want to solve illegal immigration? Start going after the businesses that keep hiring people under the table... I never see people really complain about them all that much which surprised me... Why dont you complain about them not paying taxes associated with their employees? I guess it's alright because they're American?
I work in construction, this is what we think. There are a lot of companies that undercut other companies. For example, I work in the family business; we do concrete work. It's my dad, my brother, one of my cousins, and myself. A crew of four. That's how we get work, less people to pay.

So, here's what we see a lot: we go and bid a job, we lose the bid. We happen to pass by and there's a whole crew of 7-12 immigrant workers and one white dude supervising them from either the shade or an air conditioned truck. How did he beat our bid when we bid low and employ 4 people and he employs 7-12 on top of himself? Obviously, someone is being *** over in that deal.

Not to be a *** but the result usually looks like ***. They often float and broom their slabs too wet which leaves an inconsistent, sloppy finish. But these aren't people who actually know this trade, they are just people trying to better themselves and I understand that.

In my experience, as I have worked with illegal immigrants, is that they aren't bad people. Sure they may have their vices just like anyone else but they aren't necessarily "criminals and rapists."

We've also experienced having our bid shown to a competitor. Which sucks but that is unrelated.
[+]
Forum Moderator
By Anna Ruthven 2016-08-23 09:17:37  
It's one of those "it takes two to tango" situations. It's not just the workers. When you're making less than minimum wage with absolutely no benefits and the risk of being detained and deported, you aren't exactly gaming the system. It's also the employers.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Flavin
サーバ: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
user: Flavin
By Lakshmi.Flavin 2016-08-23 09:20:55  
eliroo said: »

It would be hard to pin down. What happen is a contractor needs a house painted or a roof built and he will drive down to Home depot, or w/e the spot is. Find a few illegals and ask them "Who can do roofing". They raise their hands and then hop in the contractors truck and get to work. They get paid for their work in cash and thats that.
It's easy to pin down all illegal immigrants?

Sounds like you're making excuses for business... They are the root of the issue.. They'd rather hire cheap labor then hire an American citizen right? Why aren't you angry that they're creating this problem by offering jobs to people you don't think should be here? Idk if you are but you don't seem to have an issue with it or at least not as much with illegal immigrants not paying income tax... why aren't you mad that the businesses aren't paying their share of that income tax?

Besides all your have to do is stake out the Home Depot and wait for a contractor to come pick someone up then follow me back to the worksite watch the work be done cashe exchange hands and bam sounds pretty easy to me...

Make it so it's too risky for businesses to hire illegal workers... Why don't you pester the government to enforce those laws but you sure seem eager to whine about illegals being here and not paying income taxes!
[+]
 Bismarck.Dracondria
サーバ: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2016-08-23 09:49:53  
Shiva.Nikolce said: »
Garuda.Chanti said: »
Shiva.Nikolce said: »
Eboneezer said: »
The original point was to debunk the saying that illegal immigrants are taking the jobs that American's won't do. Pew studies show that of the illegal immigrant workforce, only 3-4% of them are in farming, fishing and forestry.
Then lead off with that next time ***..

and do it in the right thread ~Random p&r
OK, Where are Trump suits made? Or Trump ties? Or Ivanka's dresses and plagiarized shoes?

China which probably has zero illegal immigrwnts.

Mongolians, Vietnamese etc go to China to work and send money back home because they make more
 Bismarck.Dracondria
サーバ: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2016-08-23 09:52:36  
Some of them are smuggled over the border to work and while they make less than a Chinese worker they still make more than back home
Administrator
サーバ: Hyperion
user: Rooks
By Drama Torama 2016-08-23 10:12:52  
Why don't you pester the government to enforce those laws but you sure seem eager to whine about illegals being here and not paying income taxes!

The reason is simple: proper enforcement is incredibly expensive and manpower intensive. The options are:

1) Quadruple the budget for this kind of thing
- GOP won't do it because you'd have to raise taxes
- Democrats won't do it because they have other priorities for that tax money

2) Make the penalties for hiring illegals so steep that the math never works out in favor of doing it (seven figure fines, mandatory jail time, that kind of thing)
- GOP won't do it because small business owners are a core demographic
- Democrats might do it, but it'd be political suicide and they know it

3) Build a giant *** wall
- GOP won't actually do this because of the eminent domain rampage they'd have to go on would be horrific PR
- The Democrats (rightly) laugh this one off as too stupid to consider
[+]
By eliroo 2016-08-23 10:13:55  

Sounds like you're making excuses for business... They are the root of the issue.. They'd rather hire cheap labor then hire an American citizen right? Why aren't you angry that they're creating this problem by offering jobs to people you don't think should be here? Idk if you are but you don't seem to have an issue with it or at least not as much with illegal immigrants not paying income tax... why aren't you mad that the businesses aren't paying their share of that income tax?

Besides all your have to do is stake out the Home Depot and wait for a contractor to come pick someone up then follow me back to the worksite watch the work be done cashe exchange hands and bam sounds pretty easy to me...

Make it so it's too risky for businesses to hire illegal workers... Why don't you pester the government to enforce those laws but you sure seem eager to whine about illegals being here and not paying income taxes!

Both parties are breaking the law and both parties should be subject to punishment. Why are you trying to justify one person wrongs by anothers?

Why not just go to the Home Depot and ask all the people waiting for work there for their paperwork?

The answer isn't easy and if you'd take some time to read my posts you see that I acknowledge how expensive it would be to round up all the illegal immigrants.
Forum Moderator
By Anna Ruthven 2016-08-23 10:15:56  
Drama Torama said: »
Why don't you pester the government to enforce those laws but you sure seem eager to whine about illegals being here and not paying income taxes!

The reason is simple: proper enforcement is incredibly expensive and manpower intensive. The options are:

1) Quadruple the budget for this kind of thing
- GOP won't do it because you'd have to raise taxes
- Democrats won't do it because they have other priorities for that tax money

2) Make the penalties for hiring illegals so steep that the math never works out in favor of doing it (seven figure fines, mandatory jail time, that kind of thing)
- GOP won't do it because small business owners are a core demographic
- Democrats might do it, but it'd be political suicide and they know it

3) Build a giant *** wall
- GOP won't actually do this because of the eminent domain rampage they'd have to go on would be horrific PR
- The Democrats (rightly) laugh this one off as too stupid to consider
OR...

4) *** them all to death.
By fonewear 2016-08-23 10:16:53  
Anna Ruthven said: »
I work in construction, this is what we think. There are a lot of companies that undercut other companies. For example, I work in the family business; we do concrete work. It's my dad, my brother, one of my cousins, and myself. A crew of four. That's how we get work, less people to pay.

So, here's what we see a lot: we go and bid a job, we lose the bid. We happen to pass by and there's a whole crew of 7-12 immigrant workers and one white dude supervising them from either the shade or an air conditioned truck. How did he beat our bid when we bid low and employ 4 people and he employs 7-12 on top of himself? Obviously, someone is being *** over in that deal.

Not to be a *** but the result usually looks like ***. They often float and broom their slabs too wet which leaves an inconsistent, sloppy finish. But these aren't people who actually know this trade, they are just people trying to better themselves and I understand that.

In my experience, as I have worked with illegal immigrants, is that they aren't bad people. Sure they may have their vices just like anyone else but they aren't necessarily "criminals and rapists."

We've also experienced having our bid shown to a competitor. Which sucks but that is unrelated.

You speak for all illegal immigrants now ?
Forum Moderator
By Anna Ruthven 2016-08-23 10:19:26  
fonewear said: »
Anna Ruthven said: »

You speak for all illegal immigrants now ?
Si.
By eliroo 2016-08-23 10:19:30  
Truthfully you could probably fine nearly every construction and roofing company in south TX as they all do it. The issue would cost just as much as deporting the illegals.

It really is a costly project and that is probably one reason the democrats are considering amnesty.
Forum Moderator
By Anna Ruthven 2016-08-23 10:20:20  
No, I said "in my experience."
By fonewear 2016-08-23 10:21:12  
I fail to see how having millions of illegal immigrants is a good thing. Please do enlighten me.
By eliroo 2016-08-23 10:24:08  
I don't think anyone thinks its a good idea, people just understand how big the problem is now and they think the solution to let everyone in is easier. Honestly imagine all those millions started paying income tax, it may even be profitable. I just see mass amnesty as causing a lot more issues in the future. We will probably lose more money from government assistance programs ect.
By fonewear 2016-08-23 10:25:37  
I say we send those illegal immigrants to Germany. They already have an "open door" policy to Syrian refugees. What's a couple million Latinos going to hurt !
By eliroo 2016-08-23 10:26:55  
The wall idea is stupid. Who do you think is going to build the wall?
Forum Moderator
By Anna Ruthven 2016-08-23 10:28:28  
The wall idea is stupid. Who do you think is going to build the wall?
Dunno, but I know who's paying for it.
[+]
 Garuda.Chanti
サーバ: Garuda
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2016-08-23 10:50:45  
And in another stunning turn around....

Now Trump Is Saying He’ll Imitate Obama’s Deportation Policy(!)
Slate

The relevant quote from the Donald:
Quote:
We are going to get rid of all of the bad ones. We have gang members, we have killers. We have a lot of bad people that have to get out of this country. We are going to get them out. The police know who they're. They are known by law enforcement, who they are ... They are going to be out of this country so fast your head will spin. We have existing laws that will allow to you do that.

As far as everybody else, we are going to go through the process. What people don't know is that Obama got tremendous numbers of people out of the country. Bush the same thing. Lots of people were brought out of the country with the existing laws. I'm going to to do the same thing and I said that. We want to do it in a very humane manner.
So Hillary is 4 more years of Obama and now Trump is 4 more years of Obama too? ??? ?????

/looks out the window to see if the sky is still blue
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
user: sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2016-08-23 11:30:31  
You mean to tell me when all is said and done that instead of over the top rhetoric that it'll be slow and steady measures that win the day? Wow.

Who'd have thunk.
 Lakshmi.Flavin
user: Flavin
By Lakshmi.Flavin 2016-08-23 11:43:14  

Both parties are breaking the law and both parties should be subject to punishment. Why are you trying to justify one person wrongs by anothers?

Why not just go to the Home Depot and ask all the people waiting for work there for their paperwork?

The answer isn't easy and if you'd take some time to read my posts you see that I acknowledge how expensive it would be to round up all the illegal immigrants.
I'm not trying to justify either party... I'm just real tired of hearing people *** about illegal immigrants all the time and how they're to blame for oh so many of our woes when we in fact create the problem for ourselves... Why isn't that addressed? I haven't seen you attack businesses and talk about how theyre supporting illegal immigrants by giving them work illegally... Why do people demonize and decry illegal immigrants but not those that employ them... Pretty soon you might start to realize they're just being used as a scapegoat and instead of finding a real solution to our problem we just keep on with the same ***...

Also, you're really the only one that's provided an excuse which was that it's just really hard to round up those naughty businesses...

Undelete | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.

Undelete | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Shiva.Viciousss
サーバ: Shiva
user: Viciouss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2016-08-23 12:24:38  
Garuda.Chanti said: »
And in another stunning turn around....

Now Trump Is Saying He’ll Imitate Obama’s Deportation Policy(!)
Slate

The relevant quote from the Donald:
Quote:
We are going to get rid of all of the bad ones. We have gang members, we have killers. We have a lot of bad people that have to get out of this country. We are going to get them out. The police know who they're. They are known by law enforcement, who they are ... They are going to be out of this country so fast your head will spin. We have existing laws that will allow to you do that.

As far as everybody else, we are going to go through the process. What people don't know is that Obama got tremendous numbers of people out of the country. Bush the same thing. Lots of people were brought out of the country with the existing laws. I'm going to to do the same thing and I said that. We want to do it in a very humane manner.
So Hillary is 4 more years of Obama and now Trump is 4 more years of Obama too? ??? ?????

/looks out the window to see if the sky is still blue

Shouldn't come as a surprise, last week he promised to continue Obama's strategy against ISIS without making a single change, he doesn't have any original, plausible ideas.
By eliroo 2016-08-23 12:35:26  
I'm not trying to justify either party... I'm just real tired of hearing people *** about illegal immigrants all the time and how they're to blame for oh so many of our woes when we in fact create the problem for ourselves... Why isn't that addressed? I haven't seen you attack businesses and talk about how theyre supporting illegal immigrants by giving them work illegally... Why do people demonize and decry illegal immigrants but not those that employ them... Pretty soon you might start to realize they're just being used as a scapegoat and instead of finding a real solution to our problem we just keep on with the same ***...

Also, you're really the only one that's provided an excuse which was that it's just really hard to round up those naughty businesses...

I'm using the same excuse that the democrats are using to justify not deporting illegal immigrants.

You can go back read and everything I've said if you want, but you are just arguing with me just to argue without acknowledging my opinion on the matter. The argument wasn't even about the business to begin with so why would I bring them up? It should be pretty clear that I have the same opinion of businesses that hire illegals as I do for the illegals themselves.

Stop getting angry over pointless quibbles on the internet. I never once said that the businesses were in the right but just that the cost would be to high to try and stop all of them, just like the cost of rounding up all the immigrants is too high.

I don't think anyone here is demonizing the illegals, I even sympathize with them as I know for a fact how stupid and expensive the immigration process is. The way I feel doesn't change the fact that they are illegal and that they are still costing tax-payers some form of money without paying some form of taxes.

I'm sure there are some other legal complications to illegals but I don't know enough about that to make an opinion.

I once got rear-ended by an illegal. No licenses, no green card and hardly spoke any english. They begged for me to not report them or call the cops. The situation is honestly bad for both of us as I need to make sure my car gets fixed but I don't want to deport a woman from her family and she knows I can easily call the cops and they will deport her.

Fortunately the lady was nice and paid cash for the repairs the same day.

Either way, being in such a situation sucks especially if you don't trust the person.
[+]
 Shiva.Nikolce
user: Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2016-08-23 14:19:23  
Shiva.Viciousss said: »
he doesn't have any plausible ideas.

duh and/or hello

and let's face it, he couldn't implement any of them even if he really wanted to... just like obama and clinton can't make "rich *** whitey pay their fir share"

None of them can do anything that they are proposing. It doesn't work that way.
[+]
 Shiva.Nikolce
user: Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2016-08-23 14:31:05  
fair share*

chalk up another win for the great justice of taking away the goddamned edit button!

[+]
Administrator
サーバ: Hyperion
user: Rooks
By Drama Torama 2016-08-23 14:37:14  
[+]
 Cerberus.Pleebo
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2016-08-23 14:37:38  
Now that Altima has gone to live with a nice farm family upstate where he can chase rabbits and make alts all day, can we get edits back please? ._.
[+]
By Bloodrose 2016-08-23 14:39:49  
That's a nice looking Trumpmas tree there, rooks.
First Page 2 3 ... 206 207 208 ... 216 217 218