How To Pay For Idris?

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Geomancer » How to pay for Idris?
How to pay for Idris?
By FaeQueenCory 2015-06-17 14:51:42  
Since there already improbluh recharge time reducing KIs... (Shut up, I know they are minuscule!)
I'd rather them add a gold tier that reduced recharge time to something akin to 1hr. (100m even. Since it would require EVERY nonGEO/RUN quest in order to have it too... I don't think that would be too much of a reduction for a generic KI.)

I would much rather see the RoV part3 KI (since P2's is gonna be 99era stuff) be a massive cost reduction.
Eg: pristine yggrette (or w/e) Crystal = 250k plasm instead of 2.5M (akin to Brew reduction price)
1k bayld => 1 HPB
(I'd also bet on it reducing plasm cost for mats and airlixers... Possibly just plasm cost all around, but that seems redic.)
[+]
 Bismarck.Johnb
サーバ: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
user: Johnb
By Bismarck.Johnb 2015-07-03 19:36:08  
So, it seems the double bayld, WKR campaign are going on now. It still doesn't seem viable though to do reive farming. Prices on my server for H-P Bayld are 40k now, while alex is 7-7.5k, Bronze 6-6.5k, Whiteshell/Byne 4k. It is hard for me to compare which is best. Bhaflau nets me 30 guaranteed + 51 in worst case (worst linen) every hour while dynamis - buburimu every hour is pretty close.
 Asura.Hoshiku
サーバ: Asura
user: Hoshiku
By Asura.Hoshiku 2015-07-03 23:03:40  
You might consider a server transfer (or at least sending your mule to another server with your gil). I know on Asura they tend to sell for 30k (and some nut is even shouting to buy at 20k but I doubt they're having much success at that price).
 Asura.Cyleena
user: Cyleena
By Asura.Cyleena 2015-07-03 23:53:05  
Asura prices are going up. Its getting hard to find at 30k ea now. Seeing mostly 35-40k, and I know of at least 4-5 people on the hunt for hp bayld, and trying to get for 30k but unless you lucky its hard to find them especially a great deal of them. (Speaking from experience cause I am about 3.5k hp bayld away from getting mine) Noticed some of the people that were shouting for 30k hp bayld are now shouting for 32k hp bayld.

And yeah the nut shouting at 20k will not get many at that price. I find a odd few at that price if I get extremely lucky.

As for paying for a Idris selling Alex helps and so does low manning delve for plasm (to convert to synth materials) and getting synth materials to sell from delve bosses. Bee stinger along with a few other things still sell for good, and help with hp bayld costs. Also, VW is a great way to get some gil with prices of synth materials, and hmp (riftcinder if you do NM that drops that).
 Fenrir.Ramzus
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Venomfury
By Fenrir.Ramzus 2015-07-04 02:29:40  
pay for it with gil
[+]
 Shiva.Siviard
サーバ: Shiva
user: Siviard
By Shiva.Siviard 2015-07-04 04:28:25  
Another way you can do this without having to blow gil on Skirmish parts is by spamming Adoulin Missions.

My LS and I had discovered a way to make a steady stream of bayld per game day, up to 100k Bayld per game day simply by doing this.

What you'll need is a few extra accounts. If people have 'em, great. Do Adoulin missions up to these points on the mules.....

1. Behind the Sluices
2. Stonewalled
3. Yggdrasil Beckons
4. Watery Grave

The first two fights will give 15k Bayld per person. Yggdrasil Beckons is a 2-part fight which gives 20k Bayld each, and Watery Grave is another 20k Bayld.

That's a total of 90k Bayld. So where does the extra 10k Bayld come from? Geomancer AF fight in Morimar Basalt Fields! Have a mule level GEO and get up to the point where you can spawn the Malboro NM!

Here's the trick! Make sure you warp the mule out! The other 5 that remain can stay inside and complete the fight and still get the reward. The only drawback is it's limited to once per game day, so if you do the fights in a circuit, you can easily get 100k Bayld x5 per game day.
[+]
By Xcloud 2015-07-04 06:07:04  
Can we get confirmation on this strategy from Siviard's post? I actually went and did adoulin missions on my mule once i realized that BG says, "Repeatable, 15k bayld per person" and then when i went to do it i wasn't getting the bayld. I raised the mule to "Behind the Sluices", got the bayld reward one time on my main and then the next two fights i didn't. I didn't check my bayld from the Colonization map however so if this does indeed work i would be love to know.

Oh and i also got the mule up to "Stonewalled" two days ago to repeat the same test and again only received the 15k bayld once on my main and never again thereafter.

{EDIT}
Oh and i tried the GEO quest malboro as well which gave me the same results. Maybe i'm just consistently doing something wrong? It's not hard to use a warp scroll and tele back out into the zone.
By saphy 2015-07-04 06:15:43  
I don't think the bayld will show up in your log iirc, just check your bayld before and after the fights in the currencies menu.
By swordwiz 2015-07-04 06:41:42  
Siviard's method does indeed work been around for awhile just need the mules or people to do it
By Xcloud 2015-07-04 06:53:21  
Started up another round of testing. My main did receive the 15k bayld reward from Stonewalled from the chat log this time. It's the first time today and also the first time after a conquest tally since last i did it. So far i've done two runs and the first gave bayld and the second didnt. I took screenshots when i started, couple minutes after the first fight and a couple minutes after the second fight to be 100% safe my bayld showing in my Colonization map didn't change. I just want this theory resolved so others don't look at BG and get this grand idea thinking it's gonna work. It appears to only be once per x amount of time passed.
By dustinfoley 2015-07-04 07:03:05  
The problem with the method is it is still incredibly slow. ANd only really becomes efficent if you have 5 mules all feeding bayld to the same person
By Xcloud 2015-07-04 07:15:02  
Ok back from testing. So it seems that SE did an update at one point that broke this method. I did a total of 4 runs. The first and the fourth gave bayld and the second and third did not. The first three runs were on the same game day whereas the fourth was right after the game day changed.
 Cerberus.Tidis
MSPaint Winner
サーバ: Cerberus
user: tidis
By Cerberus.Tidis 2015-07-04 07:24:05  
Xcloud said: »
Ok back from testing. So it seems that SE did an update at one point that broke this method. I did a total of 4 runs. The first and the fourth gave bayld and the second and third did not. The first three runs were on the same game day whereas the fourth was right after the game day changed.
Ouch, so I guess you can only get a bayld reward once per game day.
 Asura.Hoshiku
By Asura.Hoshiku 2015-07-04 12:52:03  
Are you saying you did all 6 fights he listed and only the first fight gave bayld? Or are you saying you repeated the same fight multiple times on the same game day?
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2015-07-04 13:51:13  
Each fight can be done once per game day, like I posted last page.

It's still ***, 50 H-P bayld * 40k = 2M. If you're actively running 6 accounts around and the 6th needs multiple characters on different missions, you can do a lot better than 2M/52min.

If you're not playing all 6, may as well just hop in dynamis and farm a marrow or two. Run 3 characters through SSR2 in 20 min. Tons of options, even if you're completely lacking gear or player skill.
[+]
 Shiva.Siviard
サーバ: Shiva
user: Siviard
By Shiva.Siviard 2015-07-04 14:42:21  
You only get the Bayld reward once per game day. So do the circuit of fights one day, then rinse/repeat the next game day.

Also, warp the mule out as soon as the mule enters the group into the fight. While the group does the fight, the mule can run around and get a new key item to enter the fight again on the next game day. That goes for all of these fights.
 Fenrir.Ramzus
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Venomfury
By Fenrir.Ramzus 2015-07-04 14:42:37  
Agreed. Farming bayld is the worst way to get h-p bayld. If you have 6 really nice friends you could build 1/1/1 ra'kaznar pops and get 36k bayld from the noetic accession and exit immediately and repeat but it's really really really boring. No clipper makes it take like >5min too now instead of 30 seconds, not to mention faithful's legs being fairly expensive now so you'd be getting about 2 hpbs worth of bayld per run factoring in costs.

If you have 2-3 characters, I still think that spamming delve 2 or alluvion skirmish is the best gil/hr
 Asura.Hoshiku
By Asura.Hoshiku 2015-07-04 15:06:47  
I think yorcia 1/1/1s would be faster than raz 1/1/1s. Raz is a bit bigger than yorcia and the noetics tend to be near NMs. It's a 500 bayld cut to do the yorcias but if you bring a cor and a brd you hit the 160% mvt cap no problem and it takes 3 min even if you have to run to the furthest ascension. I farmed close to 1/3rd of my idris with yorcia 1/1/1s (but that was back when parts were cheap). It's DEFINITELY not the fastest way to make an idris but it was probably the cheapest if you're not great at making gil some other way.

I should mention that I used 4 friends who would leave their char in yorcia for me overnight and that someone wrote a script for me that when i typed leave in party chat they all used their exit item. I don't have that script but I think it's pretty simple to write (it goes in gearswap or something I think).
 Bismarck.Johnb
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Johnb
By Bismarck.Johnb 2015-07-04 23:51:53  
Spamming tier I WKR spam seems to be good now with campaign. Can get 1 HP guaranteed and another one with trading the rare/ex gear drops (6000 + 4000 usually). Plus, tier V skirmish seem to drop often. Tier 2 WKR (Yorcia, Kamihr) seem to take too long to kill? I think I'll stick to WKR spam and skirmish spam this month :O
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2015-07-05 21:42:40  
WKR spam during the campaign is by far the best overall way. Sure, making gil and buying is better, but the supply is terrible. Dualboxing WKR's I am getting 50k bayld per char per WKR, with the 1 HP in there. And I get another 5-10k in bayld for equipment turn ins as well. So I'm looking at 12 HP bayld per WKR with the dualboxing. Do 3-4 an hour and you're looking at a mere 300 hours or so of WKR's in this month. Though LS mates are coming out with me on occasion and selling me their HP bayld at a cheaper rate, too.

Also hi, I'm the nut shouting for 20k on Asura. You're right, not getting any bites (except for above stated LS mates) but I only shout when I'm reading the internet and one sale is nice. It's absurd that prices have gone UP with all the bayld farming happening right now. If I get really crazy on grinding I think I could finish Idris this month, though RL is going to make me too busy so I'm hoping to at least get halfway through the 9,999 stage.
 Asura.Cyleena
By Asura.Cyleena 2015-07-05 22:05:25  
Asura.Ladyofhonor said: »
WKR spam during the campaign is by far the best overall way. Sure, making gil and buying is better, but the supply is terrible. Dualboxing WKR's I am getting 50k bayld per char per WKR, with the 1 HP in there. And I get another 5-10k in bayld for equipment turn ins as well. So I'm looking at 12 HP bayld per WKR with the dualboxing. Do 3-4 an hour and you're looking at a mere 300 hours or so of WKR's in this month. Though LS mates are coming out with me on occasion and selling me their HP bayld at a cheaper rate, too.

Also hi, I'm the nut shouting for 20k on Asura. You're right, not getting any bites (except for above stated LS mates) but I only shout when I'm reading the internet and one sale is nice. It's absurd that prices have gone UP with all the bayld farming happening right now. If I get really crazy on grinding I think I could finish Idris this month, though RL is going to make me too busy so I'm hoping to at least get halfway through the 9,999 stage.
It is crazy prices have gone up but I guess with more supply is more demand. HP Bayld sucks to get anyway, so when its available at 30k ea everyone grabs when they see it. Like I said in previous post of mine I know of at least 3-4 people buying them, and we all know there is more. Many times when bazaar checking I seen them for 35-40k ea, when like a week ago or so they were 30k ea with not many higher then that. Sorry for calling you a nut btw, was just repeating what other poster said but I should not have done that though knowing how the market is right now I knew you would not get many bites at that price. :(
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2015-07-05 22:23:49  
Asura.Cyleena said: »

It is crazy prices have gone up but I guess with more supply is more demand. HP Bayld sucks to get anyway, so when its available at 30k ea everyone grabs when they see it. Like I said in previous post of mine I know of at least 3-4 people buying them, and we all know there is more. Many times when bazaar checking I seen them for 35-40k ea, when like a week ago or so they were 30k ea with not many higher then that. Sorry for calling you a nut btw, was just repeating what other poster said but I should not have done that though knowing how the market is right now I knew you would not get many bites at that price. :(

I've been called worse than nut, hah, it's no big deal. At least the 20k/shout give my LSmates a price point for what I want.

I'm hoping with all this WKR spam some of those people will finish and maybe prices will drop by the end of the month.
 Asura.Cyleena
By Asura.Cyleena 2015-07-05 22:35:58  
Asura.Cyleena said: »

I've been called worse than nut, hah, it's no big deal. At least the 20k/shout give my LSmates a price point for what I want.

I'm hoping with all this WKR spam some of those people will finish and maybe prices will drop by the end of the month.

Yeah, hope so. We will have to see how it goes but maybe I will be done by then too. I am glad your ls mates give you a deal. Having friends willing to do that is cool. On rare occasions you can find them in bazaar for under 30k but that is super rare especially ones around 20k. Good luck with your hp bayld hunt.
By missdivine 2015-07-05 23:24:30  
dustinfoley said: »
For skirmish to be good you need you + 5 mules, zone in get the noetic, zone out, x6. GO back to town, get 6x more, etc etc. You also need to farm lairs/collonizations to get your own skirmish parts, once you start buying skirmish pieces with gil, you loose the efficency.

Doing this with my brother +2 mules we could get a pretty decent chunk in raznkar in a pretty small amount of time.

At that point, you might as well do 6x...daily impiratarus with your mules (all doing the teleport ones).

Selling alex might be your best bet honestly, it sells as soon as you list it 99% of the time.
That's just really sad (not in a sarcastic or rude way btw) I feel bad for anyone that needs up to 5 mules to accomplish anything like that on ffxi because most of the servers are dead empty.
By Draylo 2015-07-06 00:12:19  
Negative post #101, this guy is even subbed to the game and posts on the official forums.... We all know the situation atm.
 Asura.Hoshiku
By Asura.Hoshiku 2015-07-06 00:23:59  
If I wanted to insult her I would have called her something much stronger than a nut. And 2/3rd of the lowest going market rate is kind of a crazy price to shout for. Then again if she gets any bites at that rate she's winning.
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2015-07-06 18:27:05  
Asura.Hoshiku said: »
If I wanted to insult her I would have called her something much stronger than a nut. And 2/3rd of the lowest going market rate is kind of a crazy price to shout for. Then again if she gets any bites at that rate she's winning.

Yeah, with rhapsodies potentially coming to make things cheaper, my policy is to not really spend all my gil to finish things off until I have the gil to finish things off. Once I get close enough I will start at 20k, as I continue farming I'll increase to 25/30/35k/etc. Wanted to toss out some 20k shouts just because of how busy WKR has been, but I'm seeing a lot more shouts recently to buy for 30-35k, so yeah, it's nuts to attempt to buy for that price. I mean, I'm still going to do it on occasion, but I know what my chances are for finding sellers at that price point.
 Asura.Hoshiku
By Asura.Hoshiku 2015-07-06 19:47:43  
I agree that there's a strong possibility that the third rhapsody missions will somehow make bayld easier to acquire. I'm not sure I'd pay 400 mil this close to that, it felt like a better investment 8 months ago before we knew about rhapsodies.
 Asura.Tonn
user: Tonn
By Asura.Tonn 2015-07-06 20:25:32  
Wats so good about idris seems like a big project to keep ppl playing.