The 6th Ministry's Secret: A Summoner's Guide (v2)

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Summoner » The 6th Ministry's Secret: A Summoner's Guide (v2)
The 6th Ministry's Secret: A Summoner's Guide (v2)
First Page 2 3 ... 33 34 35 ... 150 151 152
By jopa 2016-02-12 12:04:14  
Quote:
Blood Pacts (2016/2/12)

I have reconfirmed the information regarding Blood Pacts. Summoning Magic Skill up to the skill cap, as in a blue number on the status screen, will not affect Blood Pacts. However, skill above this cap will affect accuracy. I apologize for the erroneous post I made earlier.

Generally speaking, it will be more efficient to boost an Avatar’s accuracy directly via Avatar/Pet: Accuracy rather than through Summoning Magic Skill. However, support-type Blood Pacts will have their duration affected by skill over cap, so players may wish to consider this when deciding what equipment to use.
So it's probably not 1:1, but at least you don't have to worry about replacing Evoker's Ring with an add-on mission augmented ring. Though I probably should get a Diamond Ring for Diabolos one of these days.
By minikomby 2016-02-14 11:07:31  
what REM ítems is needed to upgrade the JSE smn staff?
By jopa 2016-02-14 11:44:07  
Whichever you decide (Pluton, Beitetsu, or Riftborn Boulder).
 Asura.Umisame
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: umii
By Asura.Umisame 2016-02-15 11:14:06  
I got nirvana 2 weeks ago and started to get apogee+1 equipment(atm feet and head) and i want to maximize physical and FC damage.

With flaming crush, when you do it vs a paladin nm in dynamis xar that uses invincible it does like 500 dmg(magic dmg), it doesnt sound like too much magic damage even with pet:MAB 153, is bad idea going with +attack on apogee+1?
 Bismarck.Dubai
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Enitsu
By Bismarck.Dubai 2016-02-15 14:22:44  
If I equip my Apogee+1 head/body/feet with NQ hands and legs, do I get the bonus effect of all 5 together? Or should it either be full NQ or HQ?
 Asura.Umisame
user: umii
By Asura.Umisame 2016-02-15 14:25:52  
With two apogee+1 you get 4 bonus, with each piece more is +2 BPdmg. You can get bonus only with +1

Quote:
From BGwiki:
Set bonus scales up as additional pieces are equipped:
2 pieces: Blood Pact Damage +4
3 pieces: Blood Pact Damage +6
4 pieces: Blood Pact Damage +8
5 pieces: Blood Pact Damage +10
 Bismarck.Dubai
By Bismarck.Dubai 2016-02-15 19:49:28  
Asura.Umisame said: »
With two apogee+1 you get 4 bonus, with each piece more is +2 BPdmg. You can get bonus only with +1

Quote:
From BGwiki:

Really? That sucks then...
 Asura.Pergatory
user: Pergatory
By Asura.Pergatory 2016-02-16 10:51:29  

Quote:
From BGwiki:
BGWiki doesn't quote the source for that info, do you know what it is?

Most sets with +10 at 5/5 are 2/2/3/3, not 4/2/2/2. So it would be:

2 pieces: BPD +2
3 peices: BPD +4
4 pieces: BPD +7
5 pieces: BPD +10
 Bismarck.Dubai
By Bismarck.Dubai 2016-02-16 10:59:27  
Asura.Pergatory said: »

Quote:
From BGwiki:

My question is, do I get the set bonus when I wear NQ and HQ Apogee sets together? Or does it have to be either full NQ or full HQ?
 Cerberus.Avalon
サーバ: Cerberus
user: KupoNuts
By Cerberus.Avalon 2016-02-16 11:08:13  
Bismarck.Dubai said: »

Quote:
From BGwiki:

My question is, do I get the set bonus when I wear NQ and HQ Apogee sets together? Or does it have to be either full NQ or full HQ?

You can get a partial bonus depending on the number of +1 you wear. It's not an all-or-nothing type deal.

EDIT: Pergatory actually posted what the bonuses are just above.
By jopa 2016-02-16 11:12:53  
I got nirvana 2 weeks ago and started to get apogee+1 equipment(atm feet and head) and i want to maximize physical and FC damage.

With flaming crush, when you do it vs a paladin nm in dynamis xar that uses invincible it does like 500 dmg(magic dmg), it doesnt sound like too much magic damage even with pet:MAB 153, is bad idea going with +attack on apogee+1?
My understanding of FC is that the magic portion uses a physical damage calculation as base damage (or directly uses the damage from the first hit? IDK I think this was being debated a few pages back). The small amount of damage it does on mobs with 100% PDT is presumably because it's only taking into account Magic Damage+ (from avatar ILv items and job points) and base BP Damage+ (only available from job points).

In fact after testing Flaming Crush on Blest Bones (Shantotto add-on NM with 100% PDT and reduced Ice/Earth/Water/Darkness damage taken) while naked I consistently got
Normal: 297
Rain proc: 267
Astral Conduit: 356
AC + rain proc: 320

With a MAB of 186, that shows the base damage to be 160, which is also the total amount of base damage from Magic Damage and BP Damage job points. If this is correct then FC should've dealt 0 damage to mobs with Physical Shield before ILv and can still be tested by a naked SMN with 0 JPs in those 2 categories. Can anyone confirm?
[+]
 Asura.Pergatory
By Asura.Pergatory 2016-02-16 17:53:50  
Jopa, I think you're correct, because before job points existed a Flaming Crush against a mob immune to physical damage would do 0. I had wondered why that suddenly changed, the base damage job points make sense though. Good call.

Bismarck.Dubai said: »
Only HQ provides the set bonus. You can mix and match pieces, but you won't get the set bonus from NQ pieces.

For example if you have three HQ and two NQ, then you'll get the 3-piece set bonus not the 5-piece. But having a few NQ pieces won't prevent you from getting the 3-piece bonus from the 3 HQ pieces you do have.
By jopa 2016-02-16 23:28:26  
Did some more Flaming Crush on Blest Bones:
Seraphicaller: 806
Nirvana: 476
Seraphicaller + Nirvana: 1202

Compare that to Nether Blast damage (on anything without MDB/BDT):
Seraphicaller: 1887
Nirvana: 1804
Seraphicaller + Nirvana: 2730

Assuming that Nether Blast doesn't take into account Avatar Item Level (a fair assumption since it doesn't affect stuff like Earthen Ward), I believe Seraphicaller gives Avatar: MAB+28 / M.DMG+217, and Nirvana (119) gives Avatar: MAB+2 / M.DMG+21. Incidentally, that would make Seraphicaller identical to Venabulum, which I believe came out at the same time.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Guthrie
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
user: Lebeau
By Quetzalcoatl.Guthrie 2016-02-18 06:57:09  
Didn't see this already posted here, but it looks like Gridarvor gives 21acc/13attk over Nirvana.
By KnifeKatRengar 2016-02-18 23:38:17  
Cerberus.Midgitis said: »
Your helios will be always better than apogee for flaming crush no matter what augment you pick.

Path D is good for other physical blood pacts assuming you have the accuracy to land stuff.

Your enticer's will be better for all merit blood pacts as well.

Apogee slacks are not the best slot since other leg slots give so much more. Unless you get HQ for stacking set bonus I would use one of the other two pieces of gear you have.

Can you back this up with proof? Please and thank you.
 Quetzalcoatl.Mithlas
user: Shinzaku
By Quetzalcoatl.Mithlas 2016-02-19 16:32:50  
Has anyone done testing with Eerie Eye and it's accuracy?
For example, I was attempting to use it on Sang Buaya and just couldn't get it to land. Would it be better to farm some Helios for magic accuracy to get that sucker to land?

Also curious, since it provides two debuffs, if the enemy is immune to amnesia but can be silenced, or vice versa, will it simply resist the entire pact altogether.
By Verda 2016-02-19 16:46:34  
Quetzalcoatl.Mithlas said: »
I tested it in Brenner on a RUN, and it was lasting 23 seconds in my ward set. It is a gaze type move but I haven't tested exactly which kind yet, and that could have something to do with why against mobs in the wild it seems to fall off very quickly, as if it lasted 23 seconds you could lock out a mob from doing anything but autoattack with 2 smn. I think it is the same gaze type as the BLU spell Blank Gaze, in otherwords cait just has to be in front of the mob not facing it but I will do some follow up testing and let you know. As for amnesia or silence immunity, I think they go on as separate debuffs. I will check that too, however annoyingly the log never seems to say if silence is on or not and never really tells you if either wear off. Some other stuff I tested during that same period:

• Zantetsuken at 100% mp worked even with ergon level RUN using all their abilities to raise evasion against dark. Was 1/1 so could be a fluke, but we think it is because it is considered breath damage so bypasses a lot of magical defenses. He said the Poroggo that cast death also can't be blocked for the same reason.

• Nightmare wouldn't land if he used all his defensive abilities, but if I landed it before, Pavor Nocturnus proc'd death 2/2 times.

• Impact and Conflag Strike will stack for a total of -92 INT. This is actually a very useful thing to have for mana burn parties, as not only does it lower magic evasion, it ups the base magic damage of spells for the mages in your party.

[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Mithlas
By Quetzalcoatl.Mithlas 2016-02-19 17:21:56  
Verda said: »
I tested it in Brenner on a RUN, and it was lasting 23 seconds in my ward set. It is a gaze type move but I haven't tested exactly which kind yet, and that could have something to do with why against mobs in the wild it seems to fall off very quickly, as if it lasted 23 seconds you could lock out a mob from doing anything but autoattack with 2 smn. I think it is the same gaze type as the BLU spell Blank Gaze, in otherwords cait just has to be in front of the mob not facing it but I will do some follow up testing and let you know. As for amnesia or silence immunity, I think they go on as separate debuffs. I will check that too, however annoyingly the log never seems to say if silence is on or not and never really tells you if either wear off. Some other stuff I tested during that same period:

• Zantetsuken at 100% mp worked even with ergon level RUN using all their abilities to raise evasion against dark. Was 1/1 so could be a fluke, but we think it is because it is considered breath damage so bypasses a lot of magical defenses. He said the Poroggo that cast death also can't be blocked for the same reason.

• Nightmare wouldn't land if he used all his defensive abilities, but if I landed it before, Pavor Nocturnus proc'd death 2/2 times.

• Impact and Conflag Strike will stack for a total of -92 INT. This is actually a very useful thing to have for mana burn parties, as not only does it lower magic evasion, it ups the base magic damage of spells for the mages in your party.

Does Pavor Nocturnus work on NMs at all? I would assume it would be an extremely rare hit. Or simply not work at all.
By Verda 2016-02-19 18:09:23  
Does Pavor Nocturnus work on NMs at all? I would assume it would be an extremely rare hit. Or simply not work at all.

I'm fairly certain it and any other death moves do not work on NMs. Pavor also starts to fall off from near 100% accuracy (if you use nightmare first) around level 80 or so mobs for some reason which is weird since it worked so well on level 119 RUN, I have a long list of testing to do for SMN so hope I get to it soon. The wiki says more accurate with sleep on but in my experience I have 1 hour'd a level 0 mandragora (the mobs level 1 people fight to level up starting new) with conduit and using pavor and in the full 30s of spamming it constantly, it finally worked once near the end. So it's basically, you have a snowball's chance in hell unless you sleep/nightmare first. This also begs the question of would magic evasion down help at all making it stick on higher level mobs.

More testing/observations:
The dispel aspect of pavor seems really accurate unless the mob is a dark based. Atomos seems to remove buffs from almost everything though, even T4 reisenjima mobs and even buffs that usually say no effect if you try to remove. I've even removed the defense boost genbu uses and given it to the tank but he seemed to die after for some reason (maybe tortoise stomp acts on high def?) so I stopped using it on him... One great use of atomos is if you are fighting yakshi and the tank forgot to remove their buffs beforehand, the tree steals buffs but atomos can dispel him np and give the buffs to your party in the backline. Atomos also has pretty much 100% accuracy removing Teles buffs (at least I haven't seen it miss yet), and removes the stacking MAB from Belphagor too and give it to you even though fenrir dispel will not, and I'm pretty sure Pavor fails it too, I only tested it once. Atomos is listed dark based but I almost wonder if he's light based, or just works on everything. If you sneak it in real slippery, you can actually rage, ward and use atomos and lose almost no bp timer though you'll sacrifice any favor you wanted to keep up.
By TheGrizzle 2016-02-20 09:21:22  
So not sure if this has been brought up, or if I am just missing something; but it seems as if the "Accuracy +30" on Nirvana has no effect.
Spend a lot of time as /sam and realized that when I /checkparam my accuracy is equal using Nirvana or any other 119 staff.
 Siren.Blackroses
サーバ: Siren
By Siren.Blackroses 2016-02-20 10:24:29  
@TheGrizzle

I tought this was grought to the attention of SE and fixed, at least there was a thread on official forums. Either it's broke again, or it was never fixed.
 Asura.Prophecyy
By Asura.Prophecyy 2016-02-20 10:33:23  
Siren.Blackroses said: »
@TheGrizzle

I tought this was grought to the attention of SE and fixed, at least there was a thread on official forums. Either it's broke again, or it was never fixed.
It is still broken. Just did a quick check between Nirvana and Espiritus - both lv 119, same staff skill, same Primary Accuracy via /checkparam.
By Zubis 2016-02-20 12:56:45  
I've been using a Keraunos (BP Dmg +9, +16 Mgk Atk) for both my physical and magic blood pacts. Would an augmented Gridavor be better for physical now? Or Flaming Crush?

The rest of my gear's Helios - assume it's augmented with mostly max BP Dmg/Mgk Atk augments.
By TheGrizzle 2016-02-20 16:08:07  
Thanks for the response guys, and for all the awesome posts here.
 Quetzalcoatl.Mithlas
By Quetzalcoatl.Mithlas 2016-02-22 12:06:24  
Verda, thanks for the tip of Cait Sith having sight-based for eerie eye!
I am successfully been able to Silence Sang Buaya and some other Escha NMs as long as I place Cait Sith properly.

Now, it is of course unreliable in that I do not know how long it will last and there is no message stating it has worn off (which I believe to be a bug).
By jopa 2016-02-22 16:31:38  
The same is true for all buffs and debuffs that come directly from pets (unless you are a recipient of the buff).
[+]
 Shiva.Alistrianna
サーバ: Shiva
By Shiva.Alistrianna 2016-02-23 22:14:19  
Tossed a bunch of Pellucid stones at my Grioavolr tonight.

Final results were Blood pact dmg +7, Pet Int +13, M.acc +5 and MAB +22

Does this beat out an Espiritus?
 Asura.Pergatory
By Asura.Pergatory 2016-02-24 18:44:31  
Shiva.Alistrianna said: »

We've shown ya how to do the math! :)

Add up all your BPD, add up all your MAB. Include merits, job points, and gifts. Include native MAB+40 that avatars have.

x = (1 + (BPD/100)) * (1 + (MAB/100))

Whichever staff gives you a higher value for "x" wins.

For example if you've got 60 BPD and 200 MAB without weapon, then your Grioavolr gives:

(1 + (67/100)) * (1 + (337/100))
1.67 * 4.37 = 7.2979

Compared to say, a path C Espiritus:

(1 + (63/100)) * (1 + (340/100))
1.63 * 4.4 = 7.172

In that scenario (of completely made up numbers, mind you), your Grioavolr beats path C Espiritus.

Edit: Fixed Espiritus BPD

For path A Espiritus, it would be 1.63*4.5 = 7.335 which would be more damage than your Grio but obviously much lower magic acc.
[+]
By FaeQueenCory 2016-02-24 20:01:01  
Asura.Prophecyy said: »
Siren.Blackroses said: »
@TheGrizzle

It is still broken. Just did a quick check between Nirvana and Espiritus - both lv 119, same staff skill, same Primary Accuracy via /checkparam.
The 119 and 119 II utilize this weird stat that's only factored when engaged.
It doesn't show up in checkparam because it's similar to WSacc in coding.

There is conjectural evidence (parsers) as well as official statements from SE that would indicate that it IS there. So not bugged.
Furthermore, the 119 IIIs all have regular acc+.

Why they made stave Mythics have this weird fake accuracy term... Is beyond anyone's comprehension.
One they rectified in their final forms.
[+]
 Shiva.Alistrianna
サーバ: Shiva
By Shiva.Alistrianna 2016-02-24 22:54:39  
Shiva.Alistrianna said: »

We've shown ya how to do the math! :)

Add up all your BPD, add up all your MAB. Include merits, job points, and gifts. Include native MAB+40 that avatars have.

x = (1 + (BPD/100)) * (1 + (MAB/100))

Whichever staff gives you a higher value for "x" wins.

For example if you've got 60 BPD and 200 MAB without weapon, then your Grioavolr gives:

(1 + (67/100)) * (1 + (337/100))
1.67 * 4.37 = 7.2979

Compared to say, a path C Espiritus:

(1 + (63/100)) * (1 + (340/100))
1.63 * 4.4 = 7.172

In that scenario (of completely made up numbers, mind you), your Grioavolr beats path C Espiritus.

Edit: Fixed Espiritus BPD

For path A Espiritus, it would be 1.63*4.5 = 7.335 which would be more damage than your Grio but obviously much lower magic acc.

Math and I don;t get along. Also, I was more curious if the Pet Int +13 mattered at all.
First Page 2 3 ... 33 34 35 ... 150 151 152