The 6th Ministry's Secret: A Summoner's Guide (v2)

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Summoner » The 6th Ministry's Secret: A Summoner's Guide (v2)
The 6th Ministry's Secret: A Summoner's Guide (v2)
First Page 2 3 ... 29 30 31 ... 150 151 152
 Sylph.Oraen
サーバ: Sylph
Game: FFXI
user: Gaztastic
By Sylph.Oraen 2015-12-30 22:26:30  
Quetzalcoatl.Frodnon said: »
Sylph.Oraen said: »
Alright, just stack the crap out of skill, thanks.
i'd do full empy 119 and stacked skill elsewhere.

Looking at 588 skill + beckoner's modifier for wards.

For debuffs, i use 7/8 skill, +25-30 macc helios pieces in 4/5 slots, with lamassu mitts +1 and stacked pet macc or skill in other slots.

Very good idea, I'll swap to that. Losing a total of 39 skill from head, hands, and feet, but that won't be too bad, at least I don't think so.

I still need to work on macc helios body/legs. Have 30+ macc Merlinic head/feet and Lamassu +1 in the other slots.

Thanks again to everybody who's helped out with advice and gearing suggestions. Really enjoying the job so far and I just want to make sure I'm doing things properly.
 Asura.Pergatory
サーバ: Asura
user: Pergatory
By Asura.Pergatory 2015-12-31 16:34:58  
Very good idea, I'll swap to that. Losing a total of 39 skill from head, hands, and feet, but that won't be too bad, at least I don't think so.
You won't regret it, 16 minute Hastega2's are the best.
 Ragnarok.Garota
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Garota
By Ragnarok.Garota 2015-12-31 17:40:08  
Excuse me but what?! This is news to me. How come this hasn't been blatently discussed before? I mean the guide recommends this one below, and it's what I've always based my Buff Wards. Does it apply to other BP Wards?
ItemSet 334979
Sure it's slightly outdated, but I was never aware you could extend the duration by that long.
 Quetzalcoatl.Frodnon
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
By Quetzalcoatl.Frodnon 2015-12-31 18:24:43  
Ragnarok.Garota said: »
Excuse me but what?! This is news to me. How come this hasn't been blatently discussed before? I mean the guide recommends this one below, and it's what I've always based my Buff Wards. Does it apply to other BP Wards?
ItemSet 334979
Sure it's slightly outdated, but I was never aware you could extend the duration by that long.

As far as i know (it hasn't been tested) it does not affect debuff BP duration, that's why i go with a full macc/skill helios set.
 Sylph.Oraen
By Sylph.Oraen 2015-12-31 18:51:23  
I use macc/skill for my debuffs, but the chance at a massive duration Hastega2 or TP bonus or anything else just seems too good to pass up.
 Siren.Blackroses
サーバ: Siren
By Siren.Blackroses 2016-01-03 13:50:23  
Hello.

I was wondering if anyone has an idea of the stats you would need on a Grioavoir to beat an espiritus (specially patch with macc+20 mab+20).

I just got it yesterday, and did not spend much stones on it, yet it seems great so far.
By Arcto 2016-01-04 10:46:46  
Has anyone done extensive trials with apogee paths strictly for FC? Still crap luck on max enticer :(
 Sylph.Mozhat
user: Mozhat
By Sylph.Mozhat 2016-01-04 11:33:28  
Asura.Pergatory said: »

A 16 minute Hastega 2 would take 1080 skill
 Quetzalcoatl.Frodnon
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
By Quetzalcoatl.Frodnon 2016-01-04 11:42:12  
Sylph.Mozhat said: »

Its the proc for empy set modifier, double buff duration.
 Sylph.Safiyyah
user: Safiyyah
By Sylph.Safiyyah 2016-01-04 11:43:47  
Sylph.Mozhat said: »

Pergatory is referring to Empy set proc on Wards. I can verify that the set does proc for double duration but it's seemingly 1% per piece. Is it worthwhile? I don't know. It's debatable. I like the consistency of just using max skill myself.
 Odin.Meansa
サーバ: Odin
user: Meansa
By Odin.Meansa 2016-01-05 01:19:22  
I have been looking everywhere to see if there is some kind of hands for summoner that have refresh. I am not really interested in conditional items like Serpentes Cuffs where they only work part of the time or Wayfarer Cuffs where you have to wear other gear to activate it. Recently I have heard rumors of dark matter augments, but they hardly seem worth it. Long story short, are there any new augmented items I may have missed that have refresh for hands?
By Supa 2016-01-05 01:50:11  
You could always use Asteria Mitts +1, will just need to change unity when required.
 Asura.Pergatory
By Asura.Pergatory 2016-01-05 11:28:08  
Yeah Asteria Mitts +1 are what you're looking for. Even with crap unity you'll still get 1 refresh.

Also I agree with Safiyyah that the Empy set proc rate for wards seems lower than rages. Rages seem to be the usual 2/2/3/3 set bonuses for 10% total with 5 pieces. But I'm using 4/5 pieces for wards, and I feel like I'm getting nowhere near 7% proc rate.

Either way, I'm only really giving up a meaningful amount of skill on the boots. (Hands are the piece I don't use, I use Lamassu+1.)
[+]
 Ragnarok.Forsakengriever
By Ragnarok.Forsakengriever 2016-01-08 11:58:47  
I was wondering how to up to date this guide is? I see a lot of skirmish pieces in the sets and I was wondering if these are still viable or if there is something better in all the newer gear?
 Asura.Frod
By Asura.Frod 2016-01-08 12:00:48  
Ragnarok.Forsakengriever said: »
I was wondering how to up to date this guide is? I see a lot of skirmish pieces in the sets and I was wondering if these are still viable or if there is something better in all the newer gear?
It is completely missing escha stuff, so it is fairly outdated.
 Ragnarok.Forsakengriever
By Ragnarok.Forsakengriever 2016-01-08 12:19:12  
Does anyone have updated sets that they could share? I came back to the game about a month ago and I am trying to regear all my jobs
 Sylph.Safiyyah
By Sylph.Safiyyah 2016-01-14 11:38:57  
Does anyone have updated sets that they could share? I came back to the game about a month ago and I am trying to regear all my jobs

I can post sets tonight but a lot of the new stuff is pretty obvious. BP sets now include Merlinic hands, for instance. Apogee stuff is sidegrade-ish for perfect Helios, Apogee +1 stuff is typically BiS except hands. Reisen T2 staff is an upgrade over skirmish staff with good augments.

Speaking of Merlinic hands, I'm having a bit of trouble with Kabandha. Trying to down and he's annoying. I can get him down to about 25% but I keep timing out... it's my last "must-have" piece and it's killing me. Trusts are pretty worthless for this fight.
 Cerberus.Avalon
サーバ: Cerberus
user: KupoNuts
By Cerberus.Avalon 2016-01-14 12:21:27  
Sylph.Safiyyah said: »

I can post sets tonight but a lot of the new stuff is pretty obvious. BP sets now include Merlinic hands, for instance. Apogee stuff is sidegrade-ish for perfect Helios, Apogee +1 stuff is typically BiS except hands. Reisen T2 staff is an upgrade over skirmish staff with good augments.

Speaking of Merlinic hands, I'm having a bit of trouble with Kabandha. Trying to down and he's annoying. I can get him down to about 25% but I keep timing out... it's my last "must-have" piece and it's killing me. Trusts are pretty worthless for this fight.

Worst case scenario with Kabandha, use your SP's for a quick win. It's there to be used if you run into issues.
[+]
 Sylph.Safiyyah
By Sylph.Safiyyah 2016-01-14 14:32:51  
Cerberus.Avalon said: »

Worst case scenario with Kabandha, use your SP's for a quick win. It's there to be used if you run into issues.

Thanks, I'll give that a try. He doesn't take much physical damage it seems like. I came prepared to use Volt Strike and was getting mediocre numbers almost every time.
 Cerberus.Avalon
サーバ: Cerberus
user: KupoNuts
By Cerberus.Avalon 2016-01-14 14:39:42  
Cerberus.Avalon said: »

Thanks, I'll give that a try. He doesn't take much physical damage it seems like. I came prepared to use Volt Strike and was getting mediocre numbers almost every time.

Your Conduit mileage will go father if you spam Chaotic Strike > Volt Strike SC's. Definitely use good food like Shiro+1 or Akamochi+1.
[+]
 Asura.Pergatory
By Asura.Pergatory 2016-01-15 10:08:51  
Kabandha is pretty resistant to physical, Volt Strike works decently but I had better success with Heavenly Strike.
By Monko 2016-01-16 11:32:45  

I'd love some updated gear sets also if you had the time! I'm also using Espiritus at the moment. Other than Mythic, what would be the next upgrade?
 Sylph.Safiyyah
By Sylph.Safiyyah 2016-01-16 11:44:45  
Monko said: »

I'd love some updated gear sets also if you had the time! I'm also using Espiritus at the moment. Other than Mythic, what would be the next upgrade?

Like I said, Grioavolr. I went from Espiritus to Grioavolr myself and I'll stay there while I work on Nirvana. The thing is, with the Reisen staff, you need good augments for it to really shine, and they are so random... be prepared to be at it a while.

Switch Espiritus to summoning skill and it'll remain useful.
[+]
 Sylph.Oraen
By Sylph.Oraen 2016-01-16 11:44:46  
Second-best magical staff would definitely be Grioavolr with some BPD and INT/MAB/macc.

Second-best physical staff would most likely be Keraunos with BPD and physical stats, since Grioavolr can't roll physical stuff, at least from my thousand or so stones.
[+]
By KnifeKatRengar 2016-01-22 04:51:24  
Any Updates to the Gearsets and the sort? Trying to gear myself based on not having a Nirvana. But wanted to make sure I have a good set for Flaming Crush since I will most likely never have Nirvana.

To the above poster: Ker is outdated. Its garbage compared to Espir w/Path A or D Augments in comparison. Unless the BP+Damage 10 is notable enough to still outdo Espir.

Only qestion is, what would Espir be good with in terms of Augments for a Flaming Crush Staff. Path A, or Path D.
 Sylph.Oraen
By Sylph.Oraen 2016-01-22 10:57:14  
10 BPD with physical stats and crit rate will most likely outweigh the 3 BPD and attack on path D Espiritus. The large boost to STR is definitely nice, but it's hard to pass up an additional 7 BPD.

Again, as I said, this only concerns physical BPs. Magical you want to aim for Grioavolr.
[+]
 Bismarck.Dubai
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Enitsu
By Bismarck.Dubai 2016-01-25 01:06:50  
I am interested in solo'ng Kabandha on SMN.

I read that Ifrit does decent on it, but can I and my trusts stay alive throughout the entire fight? If yes, what Trusts do you guys recommend?

Also; is "Scintillating Cape" useful for anything? I am more interested in the hands.
 Siren.Blackroses
サーバ: Siren
By Siren.Blackroses 2016-01-25 08:48:23  
Any trust will eventually die, as trust don't turn around on gaze, at best, you can get a couple of tanks and hope it dies quickly enough.

Else, there remains the Astral option, repeat every hour or 45 mins, depending.
 Asura.Rakshaka
user: Rakshaka
By Asura.Rakshaka 2016-01-26 10:04:54  
Position two trust tanks, so that each one is on a different side of the ??? pop position. That way your trusts will be able to soak 2 gazes before it'll come after you.
 Bismarck.Dubai
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Enitsu
By Bismarck.Dubai 2016-01-26 13:26:01  
Is "★Dawn" solo'ble on SMN? VE? E? N? If yes, what trusts are the best against it?

Was looking into getting the body just for *fashion* :3
First Page 2 3 ... 29 30 31 ... 150 151 152