~First and Final Line of Defense v2.0~
First Page 2 3 ... 18 19 20 ... 137 138 139
 Valefor.Omnys
サーバ: Valefor
Game: FFXI
user: omnys
By Valefor.Omnys 2016-04-29 06:51:48  
A passing curiousity--

I've just obtained Burtgang 75. Naturally, I'll take it to 119 as quickly as possible for both the offensive and defensive stats, but there will be things to kill and other distractions.

Besides later versions of Burtgang, at what level would you say it becomes the best tanking sword in the game? Yeah it means I can't CDC or Savage Blade but: Would you tank today in a 75 Burtgang? How about a 99-0 Burtgang?. Tanks, of course, work a little different than DPS.

I'll still get TP from Shield Mastery and have Atonement of course.
 Leviathan.Brotherhood
サーバ: Leviathan
user: bluecop81
By Leviathan.Brotherhood 2016-04-29 07:47:52  
@75 it is better than almost every option due to the Bypass 50% cap on pdt. The Enmity boost as your lvl up the sword is worth it once you get it past other options (can not think of any aside from unity Khim and Nixxer) once you get it ti 99 and 119 it is BiS I think for tanks, as far as DD goes there will always be better but very few with the over all respect for a Pld to use.
btw Congrats on Burt!
 Cerberus.Jeffil
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Zelljrc
By Cerberus.Jeffil 2016-04-29 08:39:03  
Burt with AM3 is pretty cool to use. I have it at 119 right now and long term plan to AG it. I'm finishing up Almace right now and just got that to 95. Once I have 4 more riftcinders, it will be 119 as well with AG plans.

The extra PDT from upgrading it with trials as well as the enmity boost as well as increases in aftermath effectiveness are well worth the time and effort it takes to get it up to that point.

As I mentioned earlier in this thread, I wrote blog entries regarding how I progressed through the Burt trials. Feel free to check them out and hopefully make your trials go as efficient as possible.
[+]
 Valefor.Omnys
By Valefor.Omnys 2016-04-29 12:49:35  
See, that's what I figured. You'll never land a ws with it besides Atonement* (and any normal ws will do crap damage) but no other sword has that much enmity. All of it is just the cherry on top anyway, because 10%+ (as it levels up) PDT II is beautiful.

* Spirits Within is always crap and Sanguine Blade will miss the 200+ m.acc to even have a chance of being decent.

And thanks Jeffil, I will check the thread for your blog.
 Ragnarok.Martel
サーバ: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Martel 2016-04-29 13:12:48  
btw, I made a post quite a while ago on how I did my burtgang trials. Thought you might find it a useful reference.

http://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/45686/burtgang-trials/#2811625
Ragnarok.Martel said: »
Go to abyssea attohwa. Don't get DD atma. Don't need em, dun want em. Get a regen atma, and something with enmity+. If there were a WS dmg atma that workd for 1H that'd be great, but there's not.

Head to conflux #6. Grab all the skellies. Line em up along a wall to get them all in front.

Dagger up and sentinel, then aeolian edge spam them down to low HP. Switch targets after each AE. You don't want skillchains. You want all the mobs to have about the same HP. DON'T, use MAB atma. AE spamming is two fold. Gets them low, and gets you enmity for Atonement dmg. But magic WS suck for enmity, and only the base+WSC DMG counts towards enmity. So better to spam a few more AE at lower damage for higher enmity.

Once you've primed your pull, with most mobs in the 10~% range, slap on ye Burtgang and start spamming Atonement about as fast as you can hit the macro. There's should be nearly zero risk on killing them via melee. As you should be WS'ing so fast, you won't get any melee hits off anyway. It might take more than one atonement to kill a mob, but np. You get TP hella fast. And hey, atonement has a higher dmg cap now than when I did this. Nice.

Once you've finished off your pull, go north a bit to hounds, and do it again. You don't need to kill every mob per pull. Once your TP gain starts to get too slow and you're actually meleeing, you can move camps. You can finish the leftovers off once you have new TP feed pets. Clear out the remnants, then start AE'ing the new pull down.

Potential issue. If you're in full 119 gear, the mobs may miss a lot. Which makes your TP gain suck. The solution here is to wear older gear with no evasion on it. Or no gear, lol. I actually have a eva- set.

Also, if you have a shield mastery+ kaiser schaller, that helps.

You can do most of the kill trials this way, and they go pretty damn fast. Just gotta find camps with enough mobs. preferably enough to alternate pulls.
Lakshmi.Neboh said: »
Can go to the basement of Eldieme Necropolis. They're weak enough and can run around doing plenty of mobs there. Atonement gets better later with AM3 up but yeah, it's static damage based on your hate.

Edit: Atonement cap 1778 with Karieyh ring and 1731 w/o (was it?).
The atonement WS dmg bonus comes AFTER all the killshot trials are done. So you're not gonna see dmg that high, till you've already suffered through all the kill shot trials.

2 potential issues with this method now.

1:you might have to vary camps due to evasion issues. between Ivl gear and Gifts the mobs might have a hard time hitting you. OCD PLD that I am, I actually have an eva- set for using low level mobs to feed me TP. Doesn't see much use these days. lol

2:Enmity.Damage enmity was nerfed again since I did this.Might stack enmity on AE. And even then, you might have to pop a cure cure cheats to cap atonement dmg each pull.

If you can get past these, this is by far the fastest way to do these trials(well, aside from having 17 other PLD's running around killing things with atonement in exp range of you. Maybe)
[+]
 Ragnarok.Primex
By Ragnarok.Primex 2016-04-29 15:37:01  
Finished the trials. My method was the fastest. In total, the last 2 trials 300+400 took 2 hours and 43 minutes to complete, and that is with smoke breaks every 30-45 mins. In total, the trials took me 6 hours of gameplay and most of that was experimenting on which mobs would be best for our new methodology of whizing through this bs.

If you have friends who can help (BIG BIG THANK YOU TO DANIELOT AND PHUOC) it takes even less time.

Solo Method: (PLD/DRK)(explanation later)
1.Atmas: (SS/RR/VV for Brew) or (Sea Daughter/SS/VV no brew)
2.Grab all the things. Head towards a mob that doesnt agro. Target it/engage it from a distance.
3.Pop Brew - Circle Blade one of the mobs currently attacking you.
4.Crusade/Sent/rampart
5. You should still be targeting the passive mob, ready atonement and subtarget select one of the mobs currently on you.

This method will yeild about 18-21 kills per brew.

Trio Method
You (Burtgang trial) Friend (Puller) Sleeper (BRD always for these trials since undead can't be slept by Sleep/ga, and the best place to finish the amorphs trial is attowa chasm where Amun spawns - short run to flux, hectaeyes line up well, they respawn fast, and you pick them up in a circuit - was the fastest trial ever)
1. Puller grabs all the mobs and lines them up against a wall.
2. Puller (a RDM/BLM) nukes them down to 20-15%.
3. BRD Nightingale/Troboudour sleeps the mobs (the sleep lasts long)
4. PLD(burtgang trial) heals either the brd or the puller/nuker.
5. Sentinel/rampart (hate phase 1)
6. Atonement spam (most mobs sweet spot is 18-22% with a good ws dmg %+ set)
7. Use your first atonement at 300% as a means to measure how much time you have left on brew
8. When I see Aftermath drop to 1 minute, I use last resort and souleater to re-spike hate. at around atonement kill #17/18sh, we noticed mobs started taking really low atonement dmg. When I subbed drk for that instant VE spike, the problem was solved.
This method will yeild as many as 31 ws killshots per brew and takes about 5 minutes to setup from line-up to line-up. (used sentinel/rampart as measures - they were sometimes not back up by the time a new line of mobs was slept and ready.

I wonder if SE is gonna ban us for this. They're surely wondering how the f_ck Prime's burtgang went from 75 to i119 in less than 9 hours lol.

EDIT: This can be done in 3-4 hours, (even faster) if you have friends who can use the ws. On undead a PLD who was on same trial joined my pt for 15 minutes. We got him 77 killshots in that time, before we had to move on due to my trial being over.
[+]
 Valefor.Omnys
By Valefor.Omnys 2016-04-30 20:11:13  
Well, I'm solo at this.

I will say that the changes to damage's enmity are blood hell to deal with. I have to flash or voke each mob to get more than 500 out of atonement (with or without crusade).

So for anyone else, i'm going pld/blm with Minkin/Sea Daugter/VV (I know MM has -enmity) swapping to an ilvl sword (vampirism) to nuke things down (for the magic acc as well) and then flashing or stunning each mob before I forgive their sins.
 Odin.Llewelyn
サーバ: Odin
user: Llewelyn
By Odin.Llewelyn 2016-04-30 20:45:00  
Does Odyssean and/or Valorous normally get "Chance of successful block+" or are those Dark Matter augs only? Haven't tried augmenting those sets very much.
 Ragnarok.Flippant
user: Enceladus
By Ragnarok.Flippant 2016-04-30 20:55:50  
Dark matter only ;<
 Quetzalcoatl.Chanceikin
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
By Quetzalcoatl.Chanceikin 2016-05-06 10:10:56  
I'm sure someone posted something recently, but I read through the last 4-5 pages of this and haven't seen anything.

I just updated my turtle sets, was curious what's a good baseline for regular TP set, Savage Blade set, and a CDC set.

Thanks in advance.
By Ricon 2016-05-06 11:20:02  
Currently I'm still building sets and getting clears but I'm using a mix of founders and Sulevia's +1, the base stats and acc from sulevias is great. It's certainly not bis or anything but it's getting the job done for now.
By Ricon 2016-05-06 11:33:05  
Valefor.Omnys said: »
Would you tank today in a 75 Burtgang? How about a 99-0 Burtgang?.

Maybe I'm really bad at the job but I can't see anything short of 119 burtgang being even remotely usable. I know pld dmg isn't special but in a 6 man with 2 dd's and me, I deal around 20% of the total dmg. As we move up in content lvl my % goes down but with anything less than a 119 weapon it would be non existent.

The dd's find me useful to open skillchains and in some situations I close double lights when they can't for whatever reason for a boost. The pdt from Burtgang is neat and all but nowhere near game breaking enough to justify dropping my humble dps to 0, it's not an Aegis that can control some intake without hindering output.

Just my 2 cents.
 Cerberus.Jeffil
By Cerberus.Jeffil 2016-05-06 12:06:17  
Quetzalcoatl.Chanceikin said: »
I'm sure someone posted something recently, but I read through the last 4-5 pages of this and haven't seen anything.

I just updated my turtle sets, was curious what's a good baseline for regular TP set, Savage Blade set, and a CDC set.

Thanks in advance.

I had posted an item set earlier that was a "DD" set that I used in non-NM situations. This set has been updated after the April version update and looks like this now.

ItemSet 342881

The Loyalist Sabatons have max augments except PDT -3% (instead of PDT -5%), giving this set capped haste. Despair Mail is path D for double attack and attack.

The Rudianos's Mantle has DEX+20, Att/Acc +20, and Crit rate +10%
(and that's a 119 Burt that will be afterglowed eventually)
[+]
 Asura.Baddog
サーバ: Asura
user: Maddog
By Asura.Baddog 2016-05-08 14:49:55  
Is there enough known about aeonic shield for some optimal sets?
 Quetzalcoatl.Commencal
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
user: Scwall
By Quetzalcoatl.Commencal 2016-05-08 16:01:58  
Quetzalcoatl.Chanceikin said: »

Thanks in advance.

These are what I use, open to any advice or suggestions about them.

Base set
ItemSet 343235

Acc set
ItemSet 343233

CDC
ItemSet 343237

Savage Blade
ItemSet 343236
[+]
 Ragnarok.Schizogamer
By Ragnarok.Schizogamer 2016-05-08 19:07:59  
lol burtgang dps not game breaking? you must have bad sets at all because pld can be up to 140 content a top DD. Im able to cap pdt @68% with burt and still have 1280 accu just with enlight II without any food or buffs and savage doing 30-40k dmg with only frealty on and am3 every 7-10sec and yes on serious content talking about 125+ stuff only not any old gimp ***from 75 time.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Akivatoo
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: Akivatoo
By Carbuncle.Akivatoo 2016-05-09 03:04:19  
Ragnarok.Schizogamer said: »
lol burtgang dps not game breaking? you must have bad sets at all because pld can be up to 140 content a top DD. Im able to cap pdt @68% with burt and still have 1280 accu just with enlight II without any food or buffs and savage doing 30-40k dmg with only frealty on and am3 every 7-10sec and yes on serious content talking about 125+ stuff only not any old gimp ***from 75 time.
can you share you'r savage blade set for do 40K dmg on ilevel 140 content without food please ?
i'm gonna edit the main page set with it.

personally i use:
Base TP set:
ItemSet 343611

Acc TP set:
ItemSet 343612

CDC:
ItemSet 343614

Savage Blade:
ItemSet 343613
[+]
 Cerberus.Jeffil
By Cerberus.Jeffil 2016-05-09 07:05:51  
Carbuncle.Akivatoo said: »
can you share you'r savage blade set for do 40K dmg on ilevel 140 content without food please ?

personally i use:
Base TP set:
ItemSet 343611

Acc TP set:
ItemSet 343612

CDC:
ItemSet 343614

Savage Blade:
ItemSet 343613

For your TP set on your Valourous/Odyssean pieces, do you shoot for str, att, acc, DA? Or Store TP?

For your CDC set on your cape, are you using Dex+20, acc/att +20, crit rate +10%?

I found that using Rudianos's mantle with the above stats for TP is superior for DPS than Bleating Mantle, since you're trading 2% triple attack for 20 acc and 20 dex (in effect another 15 acc) as well as increasing your critical hit rate.

I have been using the sulevia's +1 head, hands, and legs and wearing a Sailfi Belt +1 to make up for the haste. It's working really well for me so far. I am thinking of switching to Souveran Cuirass for body instead of Despair mail since I just got max Loyalist Sabatons from SR a few days ago.

My CDC set escapes me at the moment but I know I use the Sulevia +1 feet, Valorous Mask, and Despair Mail Path D. The DPS spreadsheet gives some pretty good numbers on some of those Sulevia +1 pieces in both TP and CDC.

I hope I'm not using an outdated spreadsheet though. Do you have a link to a more current one?

EDIT: Corrected additional accuracy from DEX - thanks Omnys!
 Valefor.Omnys
By Valefor.Omnys 2016-05-09 08:13:40  
For all melee weapons, 4 DEX is 3 ACC.
[+]
 Cerberus.Jeffil
By Cerberus.Jeffil 2016-05-09 08:51:13  

Thank you. I edited my previous response (was it changed in an update since my last break?)
By Blazed1979 2016-05-09 09:03:20  
Carbuncle.Akivatoo said: »

personally i use:
Base TP set:
ItemSet 343611

Acc TP set:
ItemSet 343612

CDC:
ItemSet 343614

Savage Blade:
ItemSet 343613
Not sure about Schizogamer's sets, but I have friends who regularly do content with him and his dps on burtgang is why I finished mine. Many old vets who still play with me report Shizogamers dmg to be epic, those 30-40k are exactly what others report. I was an excalibur *still am* PLD, as I believe its the best overall sword. But for bursts of dps, burtgang is great if you can start with 300% tp.

Your savage blade set: I would use as much ws% dmg and str as possible.
 Cerberus.Jeffil
By Cerberus.Jeffil 2016-05-10 07:33:44  
The most recent PLD spreadsheet I can find is available on David Smith's Google Drive.

I am wondering if there is a more current spreadsheet available anywhere? I have been adding gear, but I do not know if the formulas for damage are even accurate anymore given this sheet is one and a half years old. The one I use on blue mage is updated very frequently and seems very accurate in terms of predicting DPS across all levels of targets.

I can add gear no problem, but it would be helpful to know that this sheet's damage formulas still reflect what is true in the game now.
 Sylph.Saviour
サーバ: Sylph
By Sylph.Saviour 2016-05-10 10:53:10  
Hey all -
Coming back to the game after a long long break. I played briefly to complete all RoV, but not my SoA missions. I want to do a burtgang, and focus on gearing up my PLD. I have my Aegis almost finished. I have /some/ AF119 and AF2 119 gear, and some escha gear but not much.

Where should I focus my attention? How long does Burtgang take now? Should I sell what alex I have to finish shield quicker? I feel really overwhelmed with all the new content. Any help is appreciated. Thanks
 Fenrir.Loynis
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Whknight
By Fenrir.Loynis 2016-05-10 11:22:13  
Aegis is pretty easy now if you put the time in, you can use trusts in Dynamis now, so if you have any combination of the DNC trusts (Uka, Mayakov, I forget Uka's partner because I don't have her) they'll assist in procing, if not use WARs or PLDs for provoke.

I can't say about Burt because I haven't bothered with Mythic yet. I know a friend who did Tizona in a timeframe of 3-4 weeks, though he had a good portion of the requirements done.

As for gear, Reisen sets and the 119 abjurations I believe are the most used. I personally can't vouch much on this, I still use Yorium.
 Asura.Linkan
user: Linkan
By Asura.Linkan 2016-05-10 11:55:17  
Sylph.Saviour said: »
Hey all -
Coming back to the game after a long long break. I played briefly to complete all RoV, but not my SoA missions. I want to do a burtgang, and focus on gearing up my PLD. I have my Aegis almost finished. I have /some/ AF119 and AF2 119 gear, and some escha gear but not much.

Where should I focus my attention? How long does Burtgang take now? Should I sell what alex I have to finish shield quicker? I feel really overwhelmed with all the new content. Any help is appreciated. Thanks

Burt is considerably much faster to make now, i finished mine around the time RoV finsihed and was surprised at how fast i was able to finish compared to when i started. Since you can spam assaults all day now (which was always my biggest headache) aswell as Einherjar and salvage its pretty muh all up to your grind to see how fast you can finish it.

Yorium is still good, you can still tank stuff in it if you've capped your -dmg takens. If i was you id work on sidegrades like the feet from sinister reign (and other select pieces), stuff from UNMs like that helm fafnir v2 drops, and getting your empy +2 done but yorium is still in a good place for sure. Sucks you missed last months ambuscade as the new ares set is an awesome tp/tank set that couldve held you over while you worked on the abjuration stuff. EDIT: just checked out ambuscades new drops and you can still get the ares set with gallantry points now haha

(inc small rant)
Tbh i have the ambuscade set and i feel no rush to get abj gear but then again im a filthy casual (with a burt, i know it sounds contradictive) but as long as you cap your damage takens and have a good enmity set you're fine.

After those two are at a good place its nice to have accuracy to hit things which is why i love the new ares set, being able to tp instead of JUST being a meat shield has proven its worth in ambuscade, i hold hate vs some crazy blus now which i had trouble/gave up on trying before (haha) though i know its more because of my enmity set than it is my damage but for sure its helping some as my enmity set hasnt changed that much.

Thats probably why im not feeling so rushed to get the abjuration gear, its just tanky, no accuracy or anything (think pants has some but w/e). When/if i get that set id prob just use the body and feet on stuff thats hitting me hard and macro the rest for my phalanx and cure sets. Its a greeat set for super tanking tho thats for sure. You can augment them which'll prob solve the problems i have with it but its very costly to aug and obtaining em in the first place is costly enough in the first place. For the amount id be upgrading it doesnt feel worth it in my opinion.
Sure its technically i122 gear but i do fine already. maybe the master trials will make me feel different.
 Sylph.Saviour
サーバ: Sylph
By Sylph.Saviour 2016-05-10 12:49:02  
Is Ambuscade something I can do by myself in a feesable mannor to get all the HQ versions of the gear? Is Dynamis still 1 day recast? or with the RoV KI's can you enter more?
 Asura.Linkan
user: Linkan
By Asura.Linkan 2016-05-10 13:08:19  
Is Ambuscade something I can do by myself in a feesable mannor to get all the HQ versions of the gear? Is Dynamis still 1 day recast? or with the RoV KI's can you enter more?

Some people solo, i wouldnt. You can tank it in yorium tho as long as your enmity set can keep hate.

And yeah you can spam dynamis now just like eihnerjar, assault, and salvage.
 Ragnarok.Sekundes
user: Sekundes
By Ragnarok.Sekundes 2016-05-10 14:33:10  
If you haven't already gotten Sulevia's then you can only get it with Gallantry points now and you can't solo those.

The notes here tell how many points you get per person/difficulty level
http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/threads/50529
 Cerberus.Jeffil
By Cerberus.Jeffil 2016-05-10 20:32:54  
What is the general consensus on using Vatic Byrnie (from Warder of Loyalty) for CDC, assuming that I do not have any Reisen bodies and only Souveran body from Ru'aun? I'm currently using Despair Mail Path D.
 Siren.Flannelman
サーバ: Siren
By Siren.Flannelman 2016-05-10 20:35:55  
Vatic Byrnie has no acc on it, which is usually a problem.
First Page 2 3 ... 18 19 20 ... 137 138 139