users online
フォーラム » FFXI » General » Dev Tracker - news, discussions
Dev Tracker - news, discussions
First Page 2 3 ... 98 99 100 ... 201 202 203
 Sylph.Braden
サーバ: Sylph
Game: FFXI
By Sylph.Braden 2016-10-06 01:09:20  
Auras and "glares" like Shah Mat aren't affected by vertical distance, even when the aura's horizontal range is like 10' or something small.
 Asura.Sechs
サーバ: Asura
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2016-10-06 04:40:24  
Asura.Pergatory said: »
I can confirm that Zerde can definitely get Bio aura without successfully using Just Desserts. He doesn't always get it though. Not sure what causes it, maybe one of his other TP moves.
Confirming this as well, happene to us several times, even if not always.
 Asura.Pergatory
user: Pergatory
By Asura.Pergatory 2016-10-06 11:29:14  
Verda said: »
Speaking of height difference locations that actually work, I only know of 2 (aka the one that will always be taken), 5 and 6. However, it seems 4 and 3 can also work to some degree?
At #4, you can get good height by tanking down in the river by where the frogs are, and having everyone stand up on the hill roughly perpendicular to the '???' spot.

Nocki said: »
iirc our test on aura range was after he healed back to 100%, and it was still over 30 yalms and ticking super high.
Can confirm this, and not only that, but the aura hits everyone regardless of hate. We had someone drop from the alliance and try to sac to keep him from healing to full, and as soon as they claimed the NM the rest of us died to the Bio aura.
[+]
By Pantafernando 2016-10-07 04:26:58  
Quote:
Announcing the October 2016 Login Campaign (10/07/2016)

The October 2016 Login Campaign will be held during the following period

Points obtainable from Tuesday, October 11 at 8:00 a.m. (PDT) to Thursday, November 3 at 7:00 a.m.

Log in each day during the campaign to receive points and exchange them for a variety of in-game items!

Read on for details (http://www.playonline.com/ff11us/campaign/login/login402.html)

10 points
Beastmen's Seal Kindred's Seal Kindred's Crest High Kindred's Crest
S. Kindred Crest Cordial Invite Martial Ball Invite Tr. Grounds Key
M. Camp Entry Pest Repellent Athena Orb Cracked Nut
Seasoning Stone
100 points
Datechochin Spirit Masque Jack-O'-Lantern Wild Cookie
Mog Kupon I-S1 Eudaemon Blade Eudaemon Cape Eudaemon Ring
Eudaemon Sash Eudaemon Shld. Drill Caramary Dwarf Pugil
300 points
Tiger's Eye Harvest Pastry Track Shirt Track Pants
Woodworking Kit 55 Woodworking Kit 60 Blacksmithing Kit 55 Blacksmithing Kit 60
Goldsmithing Kit 55 Goldsmithing Kit 60 Clothcraft Kit 55 Clothcratf Kit 60
Leathercraft Kit 55 Leathercraft Kit 60 Bonecraft Kit 55 Bonecraft Kit 60
Alchemy Kit 55 Alchemy Kit 60 Cooking Kit 55 Cooking Kit 60
500 points
Kakay Cap
750 points
Kitchen Brick Kitchen Stove Kitchen Plate Pot of Wards
Moat Carp Creel Dispel Drain Aspir
Mage's Ballad Warp Warp II Blaze Spikes
1,000 points
Mog Patio Plans Caliber Ring Facility Ring Refractive Crystal
Sleep II
1,500 points
Savory Shank Sweet Tea Red Pondweed Igneous Barnacle
Muculent Ingot Kidney Stone Ethereal Squama Befouled Silver
Pelt of Dawon
By RolandJ 2016-10-07 07:39:17  
Pantafernando said: »
Still no Kupon I-Seals, 8 months in a row now?... Can we fire the new dev team already, please?
By Afania 2016-10-07 09:09:38  
Omg befouled silver just as I start working on HQ :D I wanted to kill myself farming those ;; brb activating 10 mules ;;
 Quetzalcoatl.Pafos
Leonardo da Clippi
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
By Quetzalcoatl.Pafos 2016-10-07 09:33:44  
RolandJ said: »
Still no Kupon I-Seals, 8 months in a row now?... Can we fire the new dev team already, please?

Pft, you can farm all that gear really easily. Waste of a login.

HOWEVER! The squama and things are awesome. The scrolls for new players should be good too. Sleepga II is a surprise and at 3.5m on Asura I am sure that will crash like a ton of bricks.
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
サーバ: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2016-10-07 09:52:52  
I remember years ago doing the quests/fight for sleepga II...and always hearing the whining of melees who had done it to sell the scroll, then leveled BLM during one of the bandwagon periods and having to buy it at exorbitant prices hehe.
 Asura.Pergatory
user: Pergatory
By Asura.Pergatory 2016-10-07 10:19:07  
I think I sold my Sleepga II scroll for like 250k and that was an absolute fortune at the time...
By eliroo 2016-10-07 10:38:47  
I sold Sleepga II for 1.7m before I quit the game the first time and gave all the money to an in-game "crush" (I was 16 at the time). Good old FFXI memories
By RolandJ 2016-10-07 13:52:59  
Quetzalcoatl.Pafos said: »
RolandJ said: »

Pft, you can farm all that gear really easily. Waste of a login.
Actually, it is the MOST efficient use of login points to my knowledge.

This only becomes apparent if you are mindful that time = money and willing to apply it to how you value time; I've encountered a fair share of people who simply refuse to adopt this philosophy about the dollar value of time. In ffxi money = gil. If you factor in your time as a gil-earning asset, Kupon I-seals are the MOST valuable use of login points until you have farmed all your empyrean gear for that char or unless there is another r/ex login item that you simply need/want more at that time. Your time can either be spent farming these seals or farming gil instead.

It is not difficult to earn 2mil gil/h. Complete seal sets per armor slot typically take 30mins if extremely knowledgable/lucky or up to 1h or more otherwise. Let's go with 45mins average. That's 2mil gil/h potential from farming versus 45mins to farm a seal set; this ends up with you spending 1.5mil gil's worth of time farming the seal. That same seal set costs you 300 login points. Can you get 1.5mil gil worth from 300 points of login points from ANY gil (non r/ex) login item? No. (Not to mention that if you can get around 6mil gil/h, that would make this seal farming instance cost you 6mil x 0.75 = 4.5mil (45mins/60mins=0.75). No, we can't make 300 login points end up as a 4.5mil value from any other item than a Kupon I-seal.)

Once we reach 200+ characters on Asura who have bought and listed Sleepga2 scrolls don't expect them to remain at 3.5mil or even above 1mil.

What's your logic behind claiming I'm wrong? If it's just the sleepga scroll or the other gil items in the login point list then I would simply again reply with my above argument. Until you have no more use for kupon i-seals or other r/ex items that also take considerable amounts of time to farm ingame or if you're stuck at a very low gil/h farming potential then the r/ex items will come out ahead in terms of efficiency of login points usage - you need to compare the gil amount of the time spent farming said r/ex item against the gil amount obtained from an alternate use of login points in order to come upon a wise appraisal of which usage is most valuable.

Not everyone already has all their empy sets. People quit and return at unpredictable times. I see a healthy host of new players ingame on asura all the time. I'm sure MANY of them wouldn't mind a few more empy sets than they currently have, if they have any, especially as they get into endgame and start obtaining and using more of the meta jobs. I quit in 2009 and returned last year and some of my chars still need quite a few pieces, especially as I gear a new job on said char. People in my ls also agree and mention their desire for Kupon I-seals whenever I mention annoyance at them still being omitted from the login campaigns.
 Bismarck.Nickeny
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Nickeny
By Bismarck.Nickeny 2016-10-07 13:56:19  
Or wait for the bcnm event and rack up 6 sacks and stop complaining...

Edit: in like 15 mins
[+]
 Siren.Kyte
サーバ: Siren
By Siren.Kyte 2016-10-07 14:00:45  
I think most active players probably have every set +1'd either from when the content was newer or from the BCNM campaigns that dropped them like rain.
By RolandJ 2016-10-07 15:20:41  
Siren.Kyte said: »
I think most active players probably have every set +1'd either from when the content was newer or from the BCNM campaigns that dropped them like rain.

You and Nickeny both mentioned BCNMs in response to Kupon I-Seals. Why? Do Empyrean Seal: ArmorSlots drop from BCNMs? I guess you're referring to Rem's Tale Chapters. Since we can't use Rem's Tales to upgrade our empy until we use empyrean seals to upgrade them to the lv 80 +1 version first and since chapters are easy regardless of BCNM campaign I view the seals as the biggest problem by far. If empyrean seals drop from BCNMs then I'd like to learn the details about that.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2016-10-07 15:23:59  
the 'extra bcnm loot' campaign resulted in a kupon i-seal dropping from every monster ~80% in the kindred/sacred crest battles

by doing a 5 mob bc a few times, you could easily farm ~50 of the kupons in a matter of an hour

not disagreeing they were the most effective use of login points compared to farming emp seals manually though, but it's hardly the first time SE has rewarded people for taking advantage of something while it's available
[+]
By RolandJ 2016-10-07 15:42:37  
Leviathan.Comeatmebro said: »
the 'extra bcnm loot' campaign resulted in a kupon i-seal dropping from every monster ~80% in the kindred/sacred crest battles

by doing a 5 mob bc a few times, you could easily farm ~50 of the kupons in a matter of an hour

Neat, thanks for that info. I hope they do that again soon or, preferably, bring back and allow Kupon I-Seals to remain the in the 300 points category from now on.
By Pantafernando 2016-10-20 14:52:27  
Quote:
Hello, everyone!

In regards to the elemental-based enfeebling spells (and also other magic spells), the effects and power have been set to match the level in which they are learned.
Instead of upgrading the power of these lower level spells, we would opt to introduce a higher tier version; however, due to the limited space for new spells the team decided to prioritize the addition of tier VI elemental magic spells.
We believe that these spells were more desirable by a majority of players, and we appreciate your understanding on this decision.
 Bismarck.Zuidar
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Radiuz
By Bismarck.Zuidar 2016-10-20 14:58:22  
I'm sure we figured that was the case with due to limited spell space to not add new T2 elemental enfeebles, which is fine because the T6 nukes are really cool. But at this point of the game, the elemental enfeebling spells are just weak in endgame content to justify their power and effects for their very low levels.

Now I'm puzzled on how they're just going to leave them as they are and not make adjustments to them if they're never getting T2 versions. The spells are very weak for endgame content, yes they help just a very little but still weak

if someone do care for these spells can go to that link I posted to that thread. (I can't, no active ID :/ )
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
サーバ: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2016-10-20 15:43:45  
Why... don't they just make them scale with level?
 Quetzalcoatl.Coronos
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
user: Coronos
By Quetzalcoatl.Coronos 2016-10-20 15:50:43  
Because PS2 limitations.

Oh wait... /s
 Asura.Crevox
user: Crevox
By Asura.Crevox 2016-10-20 15:52:47  
It seems like at this point making a bigger change like that is being avoided just because of the dev/design work required...

Still, it couldn't be difficult to make them scale better with INT or something.
 Valefor.Omnys
user: omnys
By Valefor.Omnys 2016-10-20 15:52:50  
It's funny because there's probably ways to fix this limit without trying to increase it.

Remove all of WHM's Barspells and Protectra/Shellra and give them RDM's barspells and buffs. Give /whm a trait that makes this AOE. There's what, 25 duplicate spells removed for perhaps one "spell" (job trait, but not sure where it resides in XI's database).

If the player data conversion is too hard ("If player knows Baraera, give them Baraero"), make an NPC that sells all these spells for cheap gil (most are already available, if all aren't.

You could go so far as to add job traits to RDM to make Refresh scale to II and III based off job traits. I'd say the same for Haste II (since it could be the same job trait) but the effort/reward here is only a few slots and might lead to Haste 1 being capable over overwriting Haste II (not a terribly huge issue).

Kill some of the lower tier bard spells that are absolutely irrelevant now. I've never have a Bard give me 4 tiers of Minne lol. I'd say kill some of the goofy bard spells too, but I know at least these are used as fake songs.

---

All this aside, one wonders why they can't just give a job trait that greatly enhances the potency of the spells. You could give Tier I of a job trait to <RDM50 and Tier II to RDM99. If gear can do it, the programming is there allowing job traits to do it.

Increasing the base potency is also an option. Who cares what some RDM35's slow does to a beetle in crawler's nest?

You could make changes so that Protectra's (tier 1) potency was level*2 (not ilvl--or maybe yes ilvl, who cares) which would be a small buff at 99 and who cares about anything lower. Maybe spell cost could be based on player level.

It's hilarious to me the decisions they've made in the relatively recent past when they knew these issues were on the horizon. Flurry and Flurry II being shining examples. Would haste working be so game-breaking?

Edit: I didn't realize the dev post was talking about choke/burn/rasp. I still think a condensing of spells is something they need to do.
By Afania 2016-10-20 15:57:38  
Idk about killing low tier spells tbh. Most of here thinks they are irrelevant because we are mostly playing at endgame level, and generally burn a job to lv99 when we need a new job.

If someone just started, like brand new, not a returning player. Then he found all the low tier spells missing, I'm pretty sure the playing experience would be very, very different.
 Valefor.Omnys
user: omnys
By Valefor.Omnys 2016-10-20 16:01:29  
It might change low level bard, but probably not noticeably. Maybe not all have to go (Madrigal, Minuet basically. Ballad would of course stay. There's only two marches baseline anyway)

As to the others, like enfeebles and buffs, the idea is to take 99's to the low tier's and make those scale (in different ways regarding different spells). Noone misses anything.
By Pantafernando 2016-10-21 03:18:06  
Quote:
Announcing the Next Version Update (10/21/2016)

The next version update is scheduled for early November.

This mid-fall update will bring with it new foes and rewards for Ambuscade, job trait adjustments, and a change to damage calculation formulas for certain weapon types. Stay tuned for more information!
[+]
user: Kiyara
By Asura.Kiyarasubrosa 2016-10-21 04:11:31  
Hmm. Maybe monk is going to get fixed? Maybe we're gonna see CDC and various WS get the nerf? I honestly wouldn't mind WS seeing Rudra's Storm and CDC getting toned down and boosting up some undesired WS such as the relic WS and just overall H2H WS boosted. Incoming blue mage nerf? Interesting. I am very curious.
[+]
By Ruaumoko 2016-10-21 05:12:40  
Interesting.

Job Trait Bonus II for BLU getting removed?
Smite being buffed so jobs other than DRK get more tiers of it?

Fixes to Hand-to-Hand, Scythe, Great Axe and Polearm would be fantastic. It's time they removed the Attack-% penalty on Drakesbane for one.

Also, screw fighting a Morta NM on Vol 2. I'd much rather try my hand at the Gulfurur NM on Vol 1.
[+]
 Cerberus.Tidis
MSPaint Winner
サーバ: Cerberus
user: tidis
By Cerberus.Tidis 2016-10-21 05:14:19  
Asura.Kiyarasubrosa said: »
Hmm. Maybe monk is going to get fixed? Maybe we're gonna see CDC and various WS get the nerf? I honestly wouldn't mind WS seeing Rudra's Storm and CDC getting toned down and boosting up some undesired WS such as the relic WS and just overall H2H WS boosted. Incoming blue mage nerf? Interesting. I am very curious.
Rudra's needs that nerf because the last one didn't go far enough and THF and DNC are in huge demand right now.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Sulia
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Sulia
By Lakshmi.Sulia 2016-10-21 05:23:59  
It says "damage calculations for certain weapon types". I'd imagine they would have outright said they were going to fiddle with WS's some more if they planned on touching those. Changing damage calculation for weapons would inherently change the amount of damage the WS's would do without having to change them wouldn't it?
 Ragnarok.Phuoc
サーバ: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Phuoc 2016-10-21 05:50:25  
So much hate for blu lol, if i had to guess it will be a change for h2h and some 2hander WS mods (scythe and such), maybe give more TP/hit to h2h as well and add grip type gear of some sorts (or even give a trait if u dont use grip/similar).

Nerfing the job trait II to I blu would be a hit but it would be fine really but the useless jobs would still be useless so hating 1 job when it isnt the best DD (its among the best tho) instead of buffing the non-used jobs would be a mistake imo.

Its like cutting power on a ferrari becaues your 20y old car cant keep up, even then you'll still suck.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 98 99 100 ... 201 202 203