Killer Instinct: The Beastmaster Compendium

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Beast Master » Killer Instinct: The Beastmaster Compendium
Killer Instinct: The Beastmaster Compendium
First Page 2 3 ... 13 14 15 ... 176 177 178
 Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
Game: FFXI
user: Trulusia
By Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia 2015-06-11 16:35:22  
Israfelx said: »
Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia said: »
Leviathan.Stamos said: »
Which pieces of 119 af1/2/3 are must-haves? Haven't played BST in a bit, but I will give it a go once PUP and WHM JP are done.

AF 1 Body, AF 3 Hands, AF 2 Legs and Feet. AF 2 Hands are useful if you plan to use the Lizard jug pet.

You could make an argument for AF 3 legs at 119, but I already have dt legs with other augments, so not needed imho.

Hey Trulusia,
Can you tell me your reasoning behind AF 2 legs and Feet over AF 1 Legs and Feet (all ReArtifact +1 and ReRelic +1 I assume).
Seems to me the point of each of these pieces is for Reward purposes.
Legs: both ReArt and ReRelic +1s have -17 recast
Feet: ReArt +1 (Reward + 32, MND 12), and ReRelic +1 (Reward + 35, MND 12)
Yes relic feet are more potency but with the ReArt body +1 you'd be at the cap either way.

Is there something I am missing. I chose ReArt legs and Feet +1 cause I wanted to save 6m gil or so. They may or may not be better but I certainly wouldn't call it a must have if it will cost me 6m more and be only a tiny unnoticeable difference.

Orean was right. It's about dem' augs. Also, inventory space. Could you make the 90 version with augments? Sure, but then you would need 119 af legs/feet, which I ain't wasting two slots on. Gil is stupid easy to make on Beastmaster, so money shouldn't ever be a limiting factor on your gear.
 Odin.Nogara
サーバ: Odin
user: Aragon
By Odin.Nogara 2015-06-11 17:11:03  
Quetzalcoatl.Falkirk said: »
Odin.Nogara said: »
OP says can reduce reward Recast by 23 seconds with gear, this is just a typo I assume? 15+17 = 32

Ready, you get a charge every 30 secs, how many charges do you actually begin with though?

It's not a typo.

The recast reduction caps at 25% of the 90 second base recast (-23). So you can cap with any hat+legs combo.

And you start with 3 charges.

Sweet, thanks for the info, did not know that lol. I been stressing farming mats to get a friend to HQ a hat for me, 0/25, but now I can spend my time elsewhere haha
[+]
 Shiva.Larrymc
サーバ: Shiva
user: larrymc
By Shiva.Larrymc 2015-06-11 17:26:22  
Pet -DT caps.

I was having a minor argument/discussion with a linkshell member about the -DT caps for bst pets. I know that the cap used to be either 100% or 95% years ago. I remember this because as soon as I had gotten all the gear & atmas required to acheive this cap, about 1 week later SE lowered the cap for pets to something like 87.5% to prevent invincible pets in abby. I tried to find the details of this but I cant seem to locate it.

Not that it matter much at the moment - so I'm more just curious about it - because in order to reach the cap you had to use several abby atmas.

My question is this - is the standard DT cap on pets 50%, and only DT II (stout servant, and atmas) that boost it above the cap? or for pets is the cap just 87.5% period regardless of -DT source?

Edit: 87.5% instead of 86%...
 Sylph.Oraen
サーバ: Sylph
user: Gaztastic
By Sylph.Oraen 2015-06-11 17:27:20  
87.5% is the cap. Falkirk mentions it in the OP.
 Shiva.Larrymc
By Shiva.Larrymc 2015-06-11 17:30:48  
Sylph.Oraen said: »
87.5% is the cap. Falkirk mentions it in the OP.
Edited post from 86 to 87.5 ( was going from memory) - but still have the same question - can the cap only be reached with DT II sources (atmas and stout servant) - non equipment sources?
 Quetzalcoatl.Falkirk
Guide Maker
user: Falkirk
By Quetzalcoatl.Falkirk 2015-06-11 17:47:50  
Shiva.Larrymc said: »
Pet -DT caps.

I was having a minor argument/discussion with a linkshell member about the -DT caps for bst pets. I know that the cap used to be either 100% or 95% years ago. I remember this because as soon as I had gotten all the gear & atmas required to acheive this cap, about 1 week later SE lowered the cap for pets to something like 87.5% to prevent invincible pets in abby. I tried to find the details of this but I cant seem to locate it.

The change occurred in May 2011 (so I think Heroes of Abyssea and Ducal Guard had been around for about half a year at that point).

Quote:
Miscellaneous Fixes
The following issues have been addressed:

Pet, Wyvern and Automaton may become invincible under certain circumstances.

Shiva.Larrymc said: »
My question is this - is the standard DT cap on pets 50%, and only DT II (stout servant, and atmas) that boost it above the cap? or for pets is the cap just 87.5% period regardless of -DT source?

The cap for pets is simply DT-87.5%. Only players have to jump through hoops with DT II stuff.
[+]
 Shiva.Larrymc
By Shiva.Larrymc 2015-06-11 17:59:22  
One more pet -DT question: Using the proper pet to activate the pet killer effect gives our pets an additional 4% -DT as well?

Just trying to determine the how close we can get to the -DT cap now.
 Quetzalcoatl.Falkirk
Guide Maker
By Quetzalcoatl.Falkirk 2015-06-11 18:14:37  
BST pets don't get any DT- from correlation/Killer stuff.

With maximum DT- gear and Stout Servant III, pets should have PDT-71%. You can push that further when you have Atmas/Atmacites/Vorseals active.

Outside of those zones/events, PDT will cap easily for Tulfaire against slashing, or for Acuex against blunt damage. And MDT-87.5% is possible with Crab's Bubble Curtain.

I think that's about it.
By Israfelx 2015-06-11 18:42:55  
As far as I am concerned.

Falkirk =
[+]
By Israfelx 2015-06-11 18:43:40  
That should be the 1000 job point reward. Multiple pets!
 Shiva.Larrymc
By Shiva.Larrymc 2015-06-11 18:46:29  
Are you 100% certain pets dont get -DT effect from killer effects as players do?

It could be bgwiki is wrong - but it seems to indicate the killer effect that pet gets does 3 things:
1) 5% periodic intimidation (paralize)
2) 5% damage boost
3) 4% -DT

Beast Killer
 Quetzalcoatl.Falkirk
Guide Maker
By Quetzalcoatl.Falkirk 2015-06-11 18:55:29  
That's from Byrth's testing regarding monsters in the wild.

I can assure you from personal testing, BST pets don't have correlation-based DT. But also, you can easily test it for yourself if you like. :)

Any vermin pet versus cactuar's 1000 needles.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Falkirk
Guide Maker
By Quetzalcoatl.Falkirk 2015-06-11 19:12:59  
How do I change the current mode while in PetOnly? As in, swap from regular to medacc to highacc.

If you're using a modified version of this file, your PetOnly Ready Axe swaps are dictated by your Melee accuracy mode (F9 swaps between Normal, MedAcc, HighAcc).

And, in that same vein, how do I make sure my magic axes are activated during magic WS while in pet only? I have them activating just fine when not in that mode, but it seems to swap straight to my designated axes for regular accuracy physical moves.

If you type into the console...

gs equip sets.midcast.Pet.MagicAtkReadyDWNE

... does it equip the correct gear?
By Israfelx 2015-06-11 20:01:39  
Slightly off topic.
How come the content in Node 227 in the OP isn't showing up for me anymore? I can click on the Node 227 and see the info, but it doesn't quite format correctly that way. It used to just fill in and I see all it nice and neat and pretty in the thread itself.
 Odin.Nogara
サーバ: Odin
user: Aragon
By Odin.Nogara 2015-06-11 20:07:20  
I've noticed that over the past few days as well, not just in the BST forum though, for all the nodes it's been like that
 Sylph.Oraen
By Sylph.Oraen 2015-06-12 00:01:49  
Wow, I can't believe I completely missed the MagicReadyNE set. I feel so dumb now. That solved my issue, sorry for the hassle, Falkirk.
 Lakshmi.Kingofbastok
サーバ: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Kingofbastok 2015-06-12 06:24:31  
Israfelx said: »
Slightly off topic.
How come the content in Node 227 in the OP isn't showing up for me anymore? I can click on the Node 227 and see the info, but it doesn't quite format correctly that way. It used to just fill in and I see all it nice and neat and pretty in the thread itself.

The Nodes and a few other things on the site are broken atm. Rooks started a topic on it a few days ago, so you can check that thread for more info on what's broken. A few of the things that were broken have already been fixed, so hopefully the other things will be fixed soon as well.
 Fenrir.Sathicus
サーバ: Fenrir
user: SathQuetz
By Fenrir.Sathicus 2015-06-12 10:05:49  
You can click on the nodes and they still work. I actually like it better, since it takes less time for the thread to load when I accidentally click to page 1 <_>
 Bahamut.Mrscoot
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Mrscoot
By Bahamut.Mrscoot 2015-06-12 10:20:35  
so i guess you can take trust into the aa fights now? what trust are the bst using for these fights?
 Siren.Kenesu
サーバ: Siren
user: iKhaos
By Siren.Kenesu 2015-06-12 12:44:24  
well i got Falkirk's bst.lua to work. could show me a screen shot or make a quick video how you have you macros setup? i have no clue where to start. and how many macro pallets do you use? thanks guy.
 Fenrir.Atheryn
user: Temptaru
By Fenrir.Atheryn 2015-06-12 15:39:25  
Bahamut.Mrscoot said: »
so i guess you can take trust into the aa fights now? what trust are the bst using for these fights?

Gessho and Lion II are very good in most of the AA fights because they maintain shadows, making them immune to some of the more annoying TP moves the Ark Angels use.

I haven't had any luck finding a good healer trust, since they all use up their MP quickly and tend to die to AoE's. The only real purpose any of them serve (at least to me) is for buffs - I tend to use Cherukiki for Protect/Shell, but to each their own.

As for the 4th trust spot, it depends. Sometimes I use a ranged NPC like Semi Lafihna, or I'll use a non-combat trust like Sakura for HP regen, especially if I'm going up against AA TT. It helps to deal with the damage from TT's blazed spikes.
 Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia
user: Trulusia
By Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia 2015-06-12 16:53:33  
From the official forums:

"We will not be adding pet food to the Rhapsodies of Vana'diel NPCs; however, in the next version update we're planning to add Pet Food Eta, Zeta, and Theta to shop NPCs."

SUCK IT COOKS. WE HAD ENOUGH O YO SHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIITTTTTT!!!!
 Sylph.Oraen
By Sylph.Oraen 2015-06-12 17:05:58  
I highly suggest joining Apururu's unity for her trust. She's the only healer with access to -ga cures, has all status removals and buffs, is /rdm for convert, keeps stoneskin up on herself at all times, has a 75/tick regain and uses Nott when low on MP, which restores her MP and HP based on TP used, and has access to both martyr and devotion. She's incredible.

Also, FINALLY CHEAP PET FOOD THANK YOU ALTANA.
By Israfelx 2015-06-12 17:49:25  
And I was just about to consider leveling cooking for just this purpose. So many mats to keep on hand though... lame.
By honeycomb 2015-06-15 01:27:20  
I play on the X box 360 but my ? is how to macro in Charmer's merlin and Desultor tassets for the -10 sic & ready delay? Would i use my ready macro where pet does like razor fang then /wait1 then swap in axe and legs to lower the time down if you can help me out that be sweet?
 Shiva.Larrymc
By Shiva.Larrymc 2015-06-15 06:33:12  
honeycomb said: »
I play on the X box 360 but my ? is how to macro in Charmer's merlin and Desultor tassets for the -10 sic & ready delay? Would i use my ready macro where pet does like razor fang then /wait1 then swap in axe and legs to lower the time down if you can help me out that be sweet?

This is how I do it:

Make two equipment sets. In this example, equipment set 20 contains your ready gear, and equipment set 21 contains your pet acc/atk gear.

/equipset 20
/pet "Razor Fang" <me> <wait .1>
/equipset 21
[+]
 Fenrir.Sathicus
user: SathQuetz
By Fenrir.Sathicus 2015-06-19 13:16:40  
Well, found a good use for that Tegmina Pdif unleash info!

Been trying to figure out a way to do Brash Gate as PLD + BST + GEO mule, Brimboil has been giving me a hard time, but this solved the problem.

Only 12 minutes left after killing Brimboil so need to refine a bit, but it worked really well!
[+]
 Fenrir.Atheryn
user: Temptaru
By Fenrir.Atheryn 2015-06-19 13:31:48  
Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia said: »
From the official forums:

"We will not be adding pet food to the Rhapsodies of Vana'diel NPCs; however, in the next version update we're planning to add Pet Food Eta, Zeta, and Theta to shop NPCs."

SUCK IT COOKS. WE HAD ENOUGH O YO SHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIITTTTTT!!!!

Great for Beastmasters, but not so great for Beastmaster/cooks. I guess I'll have to find another source of income now.
 Asura.Calatilla
サーバ: Asura
user: Calatilla
By Asura.Calatilla 2015-06-19 13:49:36  
Fenrir.Sathicus said: »
Well, found a good use for that Tegmina Pdif unleash info!

Been trying to figure out a way to do Brash Gate as PLD + BST + GEO mule, Brimboil has been giving me a hard time, but this solved the problem.

Only 12 minutes left after killing Brimboil so need to refine a bit, but it worked really well!
Any chance you could post your Ready gearset?
First Page 2 3 ... 13 14 15 ... 176 177 178