How Demanding Is GEO Vs BRD?

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Geomancer » How demanding is GEO vs BRD?
How demanding is GEO vs BRD?
 Lakshmi.Konvict
サーバ: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
user: Smasher
By Lakshmi.Konvict 2014-12-16 07:05:36  
I'm gonna make an Idris mule just to shut some of u morons up
 Ragnarok.Sekundes
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Sekundes
By Ragnarok.Sekundes 2014-12-16 07:23:05  
Lakshmi.Konvict said: »
Yeah... To shut people up... Sure.
[+]
 Siren.Sieha
サーバ: Siren
user: Sieha1
By Siren.Sieha 2014-12-16 08:19:50  
GEO > BRD any day except if you have mp issues or the geo is likely to die standing close to the mobs.

more specifically it replaces cor more so then brd, specially in situations with lots of dispel or when getting good rolls takes too much time.

2 geos tho replace everything...
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
user: Starkzz
By Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai 2014-12-16 09:39:19  
Ragnarok.Sekundes said: »
Lakshmi.Konvict said: »
Yeah... To shut people up... Sure.

Effects of making an Idris include: Godly support, and possibly: Gjallerhorn, Carnwenhan, and Daurdabla remorse.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2014-12-16 09:59:24  
Still a lot a butthurt coming from Konvict I see. You really need to do some Yoga and let that go bro, it's really not that serious.

I know you're used to throwing 5-songed Nitro SV DD at everything and that may be the way to go for some time, but eventually, math is the eventual victor here.

Nobody cares that you have/had a BRD that could turn players into Demi-gods. GEO can turn Demi-Gods into paper in a few spells. The two jobs are actually the best when paired together (i.e. NAs clearing CL143 with multiples of each). You're still stuck in the primitive mindset of "I made this mythic in 4 weeks and 300 mil, it better be the best". Whatever helps you feel better, I guess.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
user: Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2014-12-16 10:42:02  
Well the one thing brd has going for it now is the update to dagger WS making it a respectable contributor in the DD department. Idris Geo on the other hand can still remove a mobs defense and attack ratings down to nil. Also flash novas and realmrazers under the right conditions are no joke

Both have a lot of utility use and both compliment each other well in large groups. They also get exponentially better with a good Cor thrown into the mix.
 Quetzalcoatl.Taberif
user: Taberif
By Quetzalcoatl.Taberif 2014-12-16 10:54:03  
both can do things the other cant, if you're too stupid to realize this i hope i never accidentally join your pt.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Afania
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Afania
By Ragnarok.Afania 2014-12-16 12:31:51  
Lakshmi.Zerowone said: »
Well the one thing brd has going for it now is the update to dagger WS making it a respectable contributor in the DD department. Idris Geo on the other hand can still remove a mobs defense and attack ratings down to nil. Also flash novas and realmrazers under the right conditions are no joke

Both have a lot of utility use and both compliment each other well in large groups. They also get exponentially better with a good Cor thrown into the mix.

Maybe BRD is a better DD than COR now with Rudra :<
By FaeQueenCory 2014-12-16 12:54:53  
Quetzalcoatl.Taberif said: »
both can do things the other cant, if you're too stupid to realize this i hope i never accidentally join your pt.
So. Much. This.
Scherzo alone can be invaluable for certain fights...

Ironically... I've found that, in those scherzo-desired fights, a SMN and GEO work in tandem basically in line with a WHM and BRD.
But then that would bring SMN to this "discussion"...
So... I'll shut up about it.
 Asura.Hoshiku
サーバ: Asura
user: Hoshiku
By Asura.Hoshiku 2014-12-16 13:25:12  
Please bring SMN to this discussion. :X Those new buffs from SMN are very nice indeed.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2014-12-16 14:05:53  
I agree Hoshiku. As a player who has never cared to unlock or learn a thing about SMN, and who has generally ignored them for about 8 years in the FFXI universe, I will be the first to admit that SMN is absolutely amazing right now, and they deserve their share of end-game goodies and shine. They definitely have some tools that make content much smoother, although in many ways different from the conventional buffer.

Then again, there are so few opportunities where I have partied with good smns (any smns, really) to actually know what kind of value they bring to some events. Depending on the player's reputation, I'm usually in favor of including a SMN to an event. But not a random guy.
 Asura.Loire
user: Bunnygod
By Asura.Loire 2014-12-16 14:24:35  
Asura.Hoshiku said: »
Please bring SMN to this discussion. :X Those new buffs from SMN are very nice indeed.
If only we could get 7 people in the main incursion party.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Mckenzee
By Quetzalcoatl.Mckenzee 2014-12-16 14:30:32  
Something most people overlook is that for recent content, loading up on DDs isn't the way go anymore. Bringing a handful of DDs and super buffing them will get so much more bang for your buck. The smart lowman groups have been doing this for a while now, even since before they scaled mob HP in delve and some other battlefields. GEO, BRD, COR, SMN all bring great buffs to the table and ideally can work in tandem.

Personally I find GEO to be slightly busier, but more so based on different subjob choices. When coming /blm for some events, GEO can maintain bubbles and stun acceptably (i'd rather be stunning on sch), and assist with crowd control in say incursion. BRD has the same task of maintaining buffs (slightly more work for BRD due to more songs) but most of the time BRD also handles hastes/flurries, some backup cures, and also helps with crowd control.

The different events are going to change your responsibilities and roles of each job, GEO will need to nuke at times (yorcia t3 tree, marjami t1 lolibri, dropping aura on most megabosses). For avatar fights, i stand in with the melee, keep attunement and torpor/frailty up, and run backup cures. Maintaining a luopan against a mob that loves AOEs can be a full time prospect as well.
 Asura.Loire
user: Bunnygod
By Asura.Loire 2014-12-16 14:49:22  
"When everyone is a support job, no one is a suppprt job" Sadly the idea to run a party of Sam,Geo,Cor,Brd,Smn,Whm is great on paper or even possibly in yorcia delve a great idea, having the double sam and dropping out the Smn produces better ally dps and clearspeed for incursion.

Now I would bend to the idea of breaking away from the sam mold and in turn you would focus on the magic dmg based WS but have yet to see any strong accounts of it working well through the higher level incursion runs.
 Asura.Hoshiku
user: Hoshiku
By Asura.Hoshiku 2014-12-16 14:56:43  
Asura.Loire said: »
Asura.Hoshiku said: »
If only we could get 7 people in the main incursion party.

The obvious answer here is make erase and curaga work outside of party and kick the white mage.

Back to the topic though, SE has done a nice job lately of giving each buff job some unique job specific buffs as well as potent generic buffs for acc and atk (and sometimes haste). Also please nerf rudra's because it's op and everyone knows that only corsairs should be allowed to DD... it's why we can only have 2 rolls to brds 4 songs but I'm not jelly.