First Page 2 3 ... 8 9 10
 Phoenix.Mudrunner
サーバ: Phoenix
Game: FFXI
user: Mudrunner
By Phoenix.Mudrunner 2014-08-12 10:55:51  
Asura.Natenn said: »
These are being added today, bumping bc i know sum1 will make a new thread :(

How sure are we of these being added today?
 Odin.Shaggnix
サーバ: Odin
user: shagg
By Odin.Shaggnix 2014-08-12 10:57:25  
I'll be cleaving SSG tonight, other guesses are onzozo, ru'aun gardens, palborough, giddeus, gelsba/yughott, Bostaunieux Oubliette

EDIT

Saw someone else is already hitting SSG, i'll hit another zone
 Odin.Shaggnix
By Odin.Shaggnix 2014-08-12 10:58:13  
Phoenix.Mudrunner said: »

They confirmed several times that they were coming with the august update
 Phoenix.Mudrunner
By Phoenix.Mudrunner 2014-08-12 10:59:02  
Phoenix.Raistlinmaj said: »
I find it humorous, that the guy saying goldsmiths are greedy little ***, and very little competition, is on a server with no less than 30 active 103+ goldsmiths, that are seemingly in a hurry to undercut all possible profit, and take losses just for the hell of it,lol. Case in point, 200k for a flame pearl. 500k gem, 20k ring.

We all hate the undercutting. But after relisting an item 3times to someone in a big hurry to undercut the market. My items need to go. Spent more time and Gil just listing the damn item.
 Phoenix.Mudrunner
By Phoenix.Mudrunner 2014-08-12 11:00:19  
Odin.Shaggnix said: »

Where?
 Odin.Acacia
user: Acacia
By Odin.Acacia 2014-08-12 11:01:55  

Actually, the original statement (which is quoted earlier in this thread) said they will be added sometime AFTER the August update.
 Odin.Shaggnix
By Odin.Shaggnix 2014-08-12 11:02:19  
Cerberus.Krispy said: »
Any list of zones w/o torques?
New
Goldsmith's Torque
Carver's Torque
Weaver's Torque
Culinarian's Torque

Old
Alchemist's Torque - Ve'Lugannon Palace
Tanner's Torque - Quicksand Caves
Smithy's Torque - Ifrit's Cauldron
Boneworker's Torque - Temple of Uggalepih
Fisher's Torque - Outer Horutoto Ruins

List of "best in area" casket drops
 Odin.Shaggnix
By Odin.Shaggnix 2014-08-12 11:04:25  
Odin.Acacia said: »

Actually, the original statement (which is quoted earlier in this thread) said they will be added sometime AFTER the August update.

eh... you might be right, i'll dig thru the BG dev postings and check, they commented on it a few times....
EDIT

<Found It!>

Crafting Torques (7/23)
As we said before, we will be adding the torques for woodworking, clothcraft, goldsmith and cooking in the august update. As with other crafting torques, they will drop in certain Treasure Caskets at a low rate.
We will need to adjust the drop rates of items that currently drop from Treasure Caskets, but we will strive to not affect the drop rates of rare items.
 Phoenix.Mudrunner
By Phoenix.Mudrunner 2014-08-12 11:21:22  

eh... you might be right, i'll dig thru the BG dev postings and check, they commented on it a few times....
EDIT

<Found It!>

Crafting Torques (7/23)
As we said before, we will be adding the torques for woodworking, clothcraft, goldsmith and cooking in the august update. As with other crafting torques, they will drop in certain Treasure Caskets at a low rate.
We will need to adjust the drop rates of items that currently drop from Treasure Caskets, but we will strive to not affect the drop rates of rare items.

Nice find. I'd just like to know for sure. They have said before things would be in an update and they didn't make it. So before spending 10hours in a zone building conquest points. XD

I'm working on relic trials tonight. So I'll head to a zone and see if a torque can be found.
 Odin.Shaggnix
By Odin.Shaggnix 2014-08-12 11:23:56  

EDIT

<Found It!>

Crafting Torques (7/23)

Nice find. I'd just like to know for sure. They have said before things would be in an update and they didn't make it. So before spending 10hours in a zone building conquest points. XD

I'm working on relic trials tonight. So I'll head to a zone and see if a torque can be found.

I agree, and i find the discrepancy still leaves me with a little doubt. words like "in" as opposed to "after" can be easy to mix up when translating. So they're probably available, but i still wouldn't say they 100% are until someone finds one.
 Odin.Acacia
user: Acacia
By Odin.Acacia 2014-08-12 11:28:51  
EDIT

<Found It!>

Crafting Torques (7/23)

Awesome, I'll have to start searching then, haha.

And just fyi, for people searching caskets, I made a Windower addon called boxdestroyer that that works better then the BoxHelper plugin. It should be available through the Windower launcher.
 Odin.Shaggnix
By Odin.Shaggnix 2014-08-12 11:32:51  
also, i think the comment with regards to not affecting the drop rate of other rare items means the new torques won't be in a zone that drops any of the old one, or other desirable rare items.

King Ranperre's Tomb - Chocobo Torque
Dangruf Wadi - Field Rope
Ordelle's Caves - Chocobo Rope
Gusgen Mines - Field Torque
Maze of Shakhrami - Fisher's Rope
Shrine of Ru'Avitau - Terminus Earring
Gustav Tunnel - Liminus Earring
Upper Delkfutt's Tower - Potestas Bomblet
Den of Rancor - Rancorous Mantle
Zeruhn Mines - Prouesse Ring
Inner Horutoto Ruins - Numen Staff
 Ragnarok.Saintsfan
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Saintsfan
By Ragnarok.Saintsfan 2014-08-12 12:44:13  
also, i think the comment with regards to not affecting the drop rate of other rare items means the new torques won't be in a zone that drops any of the old one, or other desirable rare

As cruel as SE is this probably just means the can very well be in the same zones they just won't alter the rate of acquiring anything rare.
 Asura.Natenn
サーバ: Asura
user: Naten
By Asura.Natenn 2014-08-12 12:47:05  
also, i think the comment with regards to not affecting the drop rate of other rare items means the new torques won't be in a zone that drops any of the old one, or other desirable rare items.

King Ranperre's Tomb - Chocobo Torque
Dangruf Wadi - Field Rope
Ordelle's Caves - Chocobo Rope
Gusgen Mines - Field Torque
Maze of Shakhrami - Fisher's Rope
Shrine of Ru'Avitau - Terminus Earring
Gustav Tunnel - Liminus Earring
Upper Delkfutt's Tower - Potestas Bomblet
Den of Rancor - Rancorous Mantle
Zeruhn Mines - Prouesse Ring
Inner Horutoto Ruins - Numen Staff
So we are left with
Kuftal Tunnel
Boyhada tree
Lab. of onzozo
Toramari canal
Sea serpent grotto
what else?
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-08-12 13:04:51  
Guesses:

Cooking Torque - Toramari Canal.
Weaver's Torque - Labyrinth of Onzozo.
Carver's Torque - Boyhada Tree.
Goldsmith's Torque - Sea Serpent Grotto.

If I'm 100% correct, I expect cash, and lots of it.
By beaumb 2014-08-12 13:12:56  
Well if you look at the July updates new items list on the BG wiki, at the very bottom it shows 4 maps for random old zones being added/changed for seemingly no reason and since there are 4 new torques, chances are they come from those zones. That's just my speculation though.

Temple of Uggalepih
Ve'Lugannon Palace
Sea Serpent Grotto
Labyrinth of Onzozo
 Odin.Shaggnix
By Odin.Shaggnix 2014-08-12 13:26:48  
thing is the info is patchy. Even on the BG page i linked to earlier with the GoV casket "best in area" drops, some zones aren't listed (Ru'Aun Gardens for example, which is a terribad nuking neck piece ra/ex). and on ffxiclopedia, some of the drops aren't listed (SSG has no rare item listed for example, but on BG the ampulla is rare). So, i'm thinking every zone probably has a rare item already. Will they prioritize somehow? Maybe zones with no exclusive item or item that sells on the AH frequently and/or for significant gil? boyahda is a good example, dragonkin earring is rare but terribly obsolete and no one uses or buys it (or should....).

Now, to over analyze a bit further, none of the old torques were in "open" areas, they were all found in "dungeons" or escapable areas.

Behemoths dominion
Dragons Aerie
Giddeus
yughot/gelsba
palborough
Ranguemont Pass
Toraimarai Canal
The Eldieme Necropolis
Crawlers' Nest
Garlaige Citadel
Fei'Yin
The Boyahda Tree
Korroloka Tunnel
Kuftal Tunnel (probably cleaved often enough we'll get an incidental finding if ones here)
Labyrinth of Onzozo
low/mid delkfutt's
sea serpent grotto
Ro'meave
Bostaunieux Oubliette
castle zvahl bailey
castle zvahl keep
davoi
castle oztroja
beadeaux

All seem like decent places to try assuming i didn't put a zone there that doesn't drop caskets, i can't seem to find a complete list of zones that drop caskets, most pages list caskets/drops on the specific zone page and/or have a partial list.
 Odin.Shaggnix
By Odin.Shaggnix 2014-08-12 13:29:38  
beaumb said: »
Well if you look at the July updates new items list on the BG wiki, at the very bottom it shows 4 maps for random old zones being added/changed for seemingly no reason and since there are 4 new torques, chances are they come from those zones. That's just my speculation though.

Temple of Uggalepih
Ve'Lugannon Palace
Sea Serpent Grotto
Labyrinth of Onzozo

someone both here and on BG said the same thing, but ugg already drops bone torque, and I'm guessing they won't put it in ve'lugannon since a skillup earring is already there
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-08-12 13:44:54  
I'm guessing there's more theme to the torque placements.

Which is how I got my list above.
By Pantafernando 2014-08-12 13:49:52  

Temple of Uggalepih
Ve'Lugannon Palace
Sea Serpent Grotto
Labyrinth of Onzozo

someone both here and on BG said the same thing, but ugg already drops bone torque, and I'm guessing they won't put it in ve'lugannon since a skillup earring is already there

The non existent Terminus Earring suposelly drops from The shrine of Ru'avitau not ve'lugannon.

Bostauniex also dont drop those kind of items.
 Odin.Shaggnix
By Odin.Shaggnix 2014-08-12 13:58:19  
Pantafernando said: »

Temple of Uggalepih
Ve'Lugannon Palace
Sea Serpent Grotto
Labyrinth of Onzozo

The non existent Terminus Earring suposelly drops from The shrine of Ru'avitau not ve'lugannon.

Bostauniex also dont drop those kind of items.

i mix them up all the time, vu'legannon is the alch torque yeah. Either one is a pain since you can't get mystery boxes kupo power in sky
 Asura.Natenn
By Asura.Natenn 2014-08-12 15:58:24  
no one found 1 yet? where are ppl farming at? ill go to a zone no ones in and try there
 Asura.Truckie
user: Washburn
By Asura.Truckie 2014-08-12 16:00:45  
been in ssg for a couple hours and have opened about 30 brown chests with no luck.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-08-12 16:00:49  
Start in Toramari Coral first then.
 Asura.Natenn
By Asura.Natenn 2014-08-12 16:02:17  
anyone in kuftal/boyhada tree?
 Fenrir.Magi
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Magitek
By Fenrir.Magi 2014-08-12 16:04:18  
I've been trying my luck in Bostaunieu and Onzozo, so far I haven't gotten anything except Fusion Bolt quivers, which is kinda new
 Lakshmi.Warusha
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Serithus
By Lakshmi.Warusha 2014-08-12 16:06:29  
I'm in labyrinth of Onzozo. Should I relocate?
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-08-12 16:11:33  
Lakshmi.Warusha said: »
I'm in labyrinth of Onzozo. Should I relocate?
I wouldn't. Best to have multiple people farming in the same zone until a new rare item is found, then move to the next area.
 Asura.Natenn
By Asura.Natenn 2014-08-12 16:12:10  
No one in canal on asura, guess il head there maby, unless no one farmin kuftal >.>
First Page 2 3 ... 8 9 10