言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » General » Mythic weapon question
Mythic weapon question
First Page 2
By cervelo84 2014-06-25 07:21:48  
Well not counting my diary count I am halfway done with my mythic. I was reading on wiki about the next quest and my heart sank. I do all these prerequisites and now find out I need to do ZNM's?

Knowone ever mentions this part of the mythic. But it sure looks time consuming and annoying.

So questions.

Do I need to go through path 1-3 Zeni x3 for each T4 Key item?

So that would be path 1-3 x 9 total for the 3 znm tier 4 Key items?

I ask because it says to spawn a T4 Zeni you need 3 Key items.

Anyways someone encourage me because I just want this to be over. Then I read I need Pandomnium Warden for a rock or something for my 95 trial? Looks like I would have to go through the ZNM path all over again like x9 more? And the drop rate is really low?! Crazy. Mythic weapons are so ridiculous.

Good day and thanks for reading / helping.

P.S

I have 12000 Zeni- Will I need to farm Zeni to do these ZNM or does defeating them give Zeni?
 Phoenix.Keme
サーバ: Phoenix
Game: FFXI
user: Chroph
By Phoenix.Keme 2014-06-25 07:26:01  
All the answers are YES.
You have to do x9 to get all 3 ZNMs T4 items.
But to be honest, it can be done really quickly if you're focus.
I used to farm all T4 KIs in less than 3h.
Duties, Tasks and Deeds is much more time consumming, maybe that's why ppl dont talk about znm stuff, you can do it easily.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
サーバ: Asura
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-06-25 07:29:08  
Getting the 3 Pandy pop items for the mythic quest can be done in about 4-5 hours, if you are smart about it.

The NMs aren't hard, there is only one real issue (Painthorn Soulflayer) and even then, that's not a big issue if you are smart about it.

ZNMs are minor compared to everything else you need to get done up to that point. Just think of it as your victory lap.
[+]
 Bismarck.Bloodrose
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Bloodrose
By Bismarck.Bloodrose 2014-06-25 07:35:28  
Asura.Kingnobody said: »
Getting the 3 Pandy pop items for the mythic quest can be done in about 4-5 hours, if you are smart about it.

The NMs aren't hard, there is only one real issue (Painthorn Soulflayer) and even then, that's not a big issue if you are smart about it.

ZNMs are minor compared to everything else you need to get done up to that point. Just think of it as your victory lap.
4-5 hours seems like a bit of a stretch, unless you're counting the time required to farm Zeni (which you can generate a minimum of 15,300 every hour, more if you multi-box pop sets).

None of the NMs are hard. Not even Paintorn, particularly if you use a job that has Requiescat, although I'd say Armed gears is the only real PITA
 Bismarck.Bloodrose
By Bismarck.Bloodrose 2014-06-25 07:38:01  
cervelo84 said: »
Well not counting my diary count I am halfway done with my mythic. I was reading on wiki about the next quest and my heart sank. I do all these prerequisites and now find out I need to do ZNM's?

Knowone ever mentions this part of the mythic. But it sure looks time consuming and annoying.

So questions.

Do I need to go through path 1-3 Zeni x3 for each T4 Key item?

So that would be path 1-3 x 9 total for the 3 znm tier 4 Key items?

I ask because it says to spawn a T4 Zeni you need 3 Key items.

Anyways someone encourage me because I just want this to be over. Then I read I need Pandomnium Warden for a rock or something for my 95 trial? Looks like I would have to go through the ZNM path all over again like x9 more? And the drop rate is really low?! Crazy. Mythic weapons are so ridiculous.

Good day and thanks for reading / helping.

P.S

I have 12000 Zeni- Will I need to farm Zeni to do these ZNM or does defeating them give Zeni?
The ZNM part of the mythic quest is definitely the easiest and least time consuming of them all. Which is why it's not really mentioned at this stage of the game - it's all ridiculously easy.
 Bismarck.Ramyrez
user: Ramyrez
By Bismarck.Ramyrez 2014-06-25 07:41:36  
Bismarck.Bloodrose said: »
Getting the 3 Pandy pop items for the mythic quest can be done in about 4-5 hours, if you are smart about it. The NMs aren't hard, there is only one real issue (Painthorn Soulflayer) and even then, that's not a big issue if you are smart about it. ZNMs are minor compared to everything else you need to get done up to that point. Just think of it as your victory lap.
4-5 hours seems like a bit of a stretch, unless you're counting the time required to farm Zeni (which you can generate a minimum of 15,300 every hour, more if you multi-box pop sets). None of the NMs are hard. Not even Paintorn, particularly if you use a job that has Requiescat, although I'd say Armed gears is the only real PITA

I...I'll be honest, I don't remember what setup we used in the slightest, but I remember tearing through Armed Gears like nothing when we were doing them for the wife's sword.
 Bismarck.Bloodrose
By Bismarck.Bloodrose 2014-06-25 07:48:12  
Bismarck.Ramyrez said: »
Getting the 3 Pandy pop items for the mythic quest can be done in about 4-5 hours, if you are smart about it. The NMs aren't hard, there is only one real issue (Painthorn Soulflayer) and even then, that's not a big issue if you are smart about it. ZNMs are minor compared to everything else you need to get done up to that point. Just think of it as your victory lap.
4-5 hours seems like a bit of a stretch, unless you're counting the time required to farm Zeni (which you can generate a minimum of 15,300 every hour, more if you multi-box pop sets). None of the NMs are hard. Not even Paintorn, particularly if you use a job that has Requiescat, although I'd say Armed gears is the only real PITA

I...I'll be honest, I don't remember what setup we used in the slightest, but I remember tearing through Armed Gears like nothing when we were doing them for the wife's sword.
If you have a decent set up that nukes during it's elemental phases, or use requiescat (or murasamemaru) it goes down relatively quickly, even solo, unless it decides to use heavy armament or w/e that gives it retardedly high blink/eva/haste/def. In comparison, Paintorn only has that Immortal Shield phase for around 1k-2k magic/nonattributed damage
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-06-25 08:24:12  

4-5 hours seems like a bit of a stretch, unless you're counting the time required to farm Zeni (which you can generate a minimum of 15,300 every hour, more if you multi-box pop sets).

None of the NMs are hard. Not even Paintorn, particularly if you use a job that has Requiescat, although I'd say Armed gears is the only real PITA
Yeah, when I did Paintorn last time, I was solo BST (and not BLU) because I knew 100% I could kill him (plus I was farming other ZNMs, I did all 3 T3s at the same time). He pop'd his Immortal Shield and my damage output per hit went down to the single digits (this was before the iLvl and pet updates too, probably different now).

I switched pets to Gooey just to have magical damage + bio/HP down, which helped out a lot to be honest. I just remember that it was the most pain in the *** fight of all ZNMs.

Oh, and I wasn't counting Zeni farming either in that 4-5 hours.
 Odin.Acacia
サーバ: Odin
user: Acacia
By Odin.Acacia 2014-06-25 08:26:06  
The most time consuming part of ZNM is getting to/from the pop locations. I was able to solo all of them with ease as SMN, but it might be a little harder for melee jobs. As for farming Zeni, go to Abyssea - Tahrongi and get pictures of the Naul at conflux #03.
[+]
 Cerberus.Funond
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Funond
By Cerberus.Funond 2014-06-25 09:15:40  
Get a high speed camera and 4 stacks of normal plates and head to flux 3 in aby-tahrongi for nauls for about 1400~ zeni per plate, the 12k you got wont go far.

For znm 80% of the time is spent running from Sanruku to the pop so plan them out a bit and you can cut some major time out. Killing pops that are near each other on one trip like Ob > Cheese > Armed Gears or Iriz Ima > Gotoh Zha > chigre > Vampyr. The main one you want to build at same time is the Oberon > Experimental Lamia.

You will need 4 Pandy pops eventually anyways so be smart about it. That is unless you are buying scoria's. Solo sets will take about 5 hours once you got it down, Good Luck
 Quetzalcoatl.Orestes
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
user: Orestes78
By Quetzalcoatl.Orestes 2014-06-25 10:15:13  

Yeah, when I did Paintorn last time, I was solo BST (and not BLU) because I knew 100% I could kill him (plus I was farming other ZNMs, I did all 3 T3s at the same time). He pop'd his Immortal Shield and my damage output per hit went down to the single digits (this was before the iLvl and pet updates too, probably different now).

I switched pets to Gooey just to have magical damage + bio/HP down, which helped out a lot to be honest. I just remember that it was the most pain in the *** fight of all ZNMs.

Oh, and I wasn't counting Zeni farming either in that 4-5 hours.

I solo'd a few Paintorn's not too long ago on THF with 119 daggers. His shield still blocked nearly all my physical damage.

At the time, it took me x2 Aeolian Edge's to pop each sheild off. Any magical WS will do though.
 Bismarck.Keityan
user: Keichan
By Bismarck.Keityan 2014-06-25 10:23:55  
Hi. I'm the guy that did the Kogarasumaru afterglow mythic. I did this stuff a lot. While I have some damn efficient routes, someone else independently found some of these routes as well. I highly approve of these maps. There are indeed better routes, (PM if you are going through a lot of these) this resource is excellent for people who only need to make 4-5 sets for their mythics.

Here you go,

http://saitahiraita.blog.shinobi.jp/Page/4/
[+]
 Bismarck.Hsieh
user: Hsieh
By Bismarck.Hsieh 2014-06-25 10:43:06  
The trials should be easier now since you can summon trust NPC's in those zones. So 4-5 hrs is possible if you know your way around. If you are soloing, then it should go faster. If you bring multiple ppl to the ZNM pop, the respawn timer takes awhile to pop (unless they changed the timer this year).

Armed Gears isn't that hard, it might take awhile. The Soulflayer can also take awhile if you don't have any form of magic damage. I think I did MNK/RUN and it went down fast.

Also if you have VW warps and telepoints it might make traveling faster now. I may be wrong.

Be prepared to do more since your 95, 99 trials also require kills and moria scorias.

You can also get Pandy keys from the chest from the goblins but it's a rare treasure.
 Leviathan.Hohenheim
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Hohenheim
By Leviathan.Hohenheim 2014-06-25 11:05:46  
Just think, the drop rate on the t4 items used to be around ~20% iirc.
[+]
 Asura.Reichleiu
user: Reichleiu
By Asura.Reichleiu 2014-06-25 11:31:44  
As someone who just did his recently, this is the easy part of building a mythic. And while everyone is mentioning farming up all 3 items in 5hours or so, you don't have to do it this way. You can spend 1.5-2hours a day doing it instead and just build them up over the course of a couple days.

This is the approach I took and I had all 3 of my items well before I was finished with Assaults and Alex. I even had 90% of my PW pops for scoria taken care of by building them over time instead of waiting until I was done to do it.

I did all of them except 3 PW and 3 Tinnin (out of 7) and 1 Tyger (some people donated pops) solo as DRG. Sometimes with trusts, sometimes as just /mage.
 Quetzalcoatl.Taberifx
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
user: Taberif
By Quetzalcoatl.Taberifx 2014-06-25 11:33:13  
even quicker, just ask around sometimes people are sitting on the pops from years ago.
By Pantafernando 2014-06-25 12:13:46  
Bismarck.Keityan said: »
Hi. I'm the guy that did the Kogarasumaru afterglow mythic. I did this stuff a lot. While I have some damn efficient routes, someone else independently found some of these routes as well. I highly approve of these maps. There are indeed better routes, (PM if you are going through a lot of these) this resource is excellent for people who only need to make 4-5 sets for their mythics.

Here you go,

http://saitahiraita.blog.shinobi.jp/Page/4/

Ow, man...

I am currently in the t4 znms, and i swear i got lost in every nm i poped, grabing the wrong entrance, wrong way, wrong zone...

Those maps sure would reduce like 90% the time i wasted.

5h to build a pop just if you have all nms maped, pops done so you can do multiples pops in a single trip. For first timers, some days would be a more realistic aproach, unless youre used to how to get in every corner of toau.
By cervelo84 2014-06-25 22:27:59  
Thanks guys- lifted me up :)

I have a problem though.

I am in the process of getting Zeni and I took 48 pictures of a Naul.

I go to Whitegate and look in my inventory and I see only my camera 0/48. I check the inventory and my mog house 20 x and NOTHING.

I got the animation everytime I took a picture so I know I was taking one. Was I supposed to do a quest before I went out to take pictures? What Am I missing here? I know the obvious answer will be " You need to look in your inventory" But I did - I did 20 times... Please help
 Cerberus.Fiasko
By Cerberus.Fiasko 2014-06-25 22:32:39  
Did you have soul plates equipped?
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-06-25 22:35:01  
I don't think you can take a picture without the soul plates equipped.

Yet, I highly doubt that you got 48 straight fails.

Unless you were taking pictures of an unclaimed Naul with 100% HP. Then that would explain the 48 straight fails.

Pro-tip: Damage a Naul until it's at 5% HP or less, put it to sleep, then take pictures.
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
サーバ: Odin
user: Jassik
By Odin.Jassik 2014-06-25 23:14:20  
I seem to remember if you had a full inventory it would still let you take a picture.
 Bismarck.Bloodrose
By Bismarck.Bloodrose 2014-06-25 23:38:25  
If you are soloing as say, a bst, using Cloudsplitter should be a great way to take off Paintorn's barrier, or if you have a sufficient scythe skill, the darkness version, or as pointed out, any pet like Gooey Gerard for magic damage like corrosive ooze.
By cervelo84 2014-06-26 07:08:29  
the Naul was at 2-3 % hp I was engaged with it and turned away. The animation went of everytime like I was taking a picture?

Any other suggestions?

I was not with a full inventory at the time.
 Cerberus.Spirachub
user: Spiraboo
By Cerberus.Spirachub 2014-06-26 07:16:27  
cervelo84 said: »
the Naul was at 2-3 % hp I was engaged with it and turned away. The animation went of everytime like I was taking a picture?

Any other suggestions?

I was not with a full inventory at the time.

engaged with it and turned away. -> meaning you weren't facing the mob? You gotta take a picture of it, so you have to face it.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Martel
サーバ: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Martel 2014-06-26 07:16:57  
Hmmm. umm. I've never tested this, but I was working under the assumption that you had to be facing the mob to soultrap it. It is kinda a camera after all.

So, the animation went off, but what did the message in the chatlog say? Cause it is possible to fail to take the picture. In which case you still see the animation fire, but you get a failure message and lose the plate.
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Byrthnoth
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2014-06-26 07:17:29  
You have to be facing it and it has to be claimed to an alliance member or yourself.
By cervelo84 2014-06-26 07:24:24  
ahhhh so that's why it didn't count

LOL

I guess its common sense to know that a picture of 'said' object is only correct if facing it...so obvious it wasn't stated on any website lol..

So if I am doing this solo...Probably go beastmaster? Have the pet keep agro then disengage the pet- I don't have any job that can sleep
 Bismarck.Snprphnx
user: Snprphnx
By Bismarck.Snprphnx 2014-06-26 07:28:23  
Lakshmi.Byrth said: »
You have to be facing it and it has to be claimed to an alliance member or yourself.

Yea, it's like taking a picture with a camera. Have to be facing it. Is what I do is switch to first person mode and make sure the mob is centered in my view.
 Ragnarok.Martel
サーバ: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Martel 2014-06-26 07:29:45  
I always went PLD. Put Phalanx up, and get hit for 0 every time.

I'd Think pretty much any job in ilvl gear should have no problem surviving for extended periods. Might help to have phalanx/SS/cures though. Get hit for 0, no annoying TP moves.

I also keep a 1 DMG wep around for pushing the mob to 1% hp without killing it.
 Bismarck.Hsieh
user: Hsieh
By Bismarck.Hsieh 2014-06-26 07:52:02  
I went BLM/RDM. Stoneskin and Phalanx. Nuke down to 1%. Sleep. Target the mob and locked onto it. Ran up as close as I could. I used two soultrappers (the regular one and 2000) and regular soultrapper plates.
First Page 2