Summoners, Rejoice!

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Summoner » Summoners, Rejoice!
Summoners, Rejoice!
 Asura.Jaclyn
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
By Asura.Jaclyn 2014-01-31 12:27:04  
Sylph.Linkk said: »
I would have preferred a Bahamut avatar.
The reason SE gave as to why we never got Bahamut is because he is too big. They should have made Bahamut the 2-hr avatar while we got Odin/Alex. as playable.

I just reread the post on official forum, "Atomos will come a bit later" - yeah gotta wait another year for Atomos xD
 Bismarck.Rentwokay
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Rentwokay
By Bismarck.Rentwokay 2014-01-31 12:41:55  
We should get a Matsui avatar. Instead of dealing damage, he stands next to your character and says, "We have no plans to attack at this time."
[+]
 Leviathan.Draylo
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2014-01-31 12:49:25  
I'm still hoping for a Bahamut avatar :(
 Alexander.Carrelo
サーバ: Alexander
user: Carrelo
By Alexander.Carrelo 2014-01-31 13:09:32  
I think it was more than 5 years ago that they said Bahamut would never be available as an avatar because they want to maintain his status in the lore as an indomitably powerful being.

Personally, I don't see this as a terribly good reason. When we summon an avatar (even Carbuncle lol), we don't actually command its full strength--we're granted a small fraction of the avatar's power as part of a deal (the blood pact) we make with the Primes. So unless Bahamut is too high and mighty to consider striking a deal with adventurers, SE could easily reverse its stance on the issue. They've certainly done more drastic things since then. <___<

Then again, they probably aren't too keen on investing their time in the task either.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
サーバ: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2014-01-31 13:11:00  
To be fair Bahamut definetely is the least cooperative of the terrestrial avatars.
 Sylph.Dasanuffadat
サーバ: Sylph
By Sylph.Dasanuffadat 2014-01-31 13:27:16  
Asura.Jaclyn said: »
The reason SE gave as to why we never got Bahamut is because he is too big. They should have made Bahamut the 2-hr avatar while we got Odin/Alex. as playable.

I just reread the post on official forum, "Atomos will come a bit later" - yeah gotta wait another year for Atomos xD

No their reasoning was he was too big for the story. They didn't want to make him weaker in the eyes of the player by letting him be controlled by us.

That said, he's soloable now so unless they make him stronger in a new reforged relic/empyrean fight I don't see what's really holding them back now.
 Sylph.Linkk
user: Linkk
By Sylph.Linkk 2014-01-31 13:41:52  
Sylph.Dasanuffadat said: »
Asura.Jaclyn said: »

No their reasoning was he was too big for the story. They didn't want to make him weaker in the eyes of the player by letting him be controlled by us.

That said, he's soloable now so unless they make him stronger in a new reforged relic/empyrean fight I don't see what's really holding them back now.

I don't really care what they said. It's not like they haven't changed their minds and did things they said they were not going to do (making weapons better than REM lol At least this would be a thing people would love not *** endlessly about) and didn't do things they said they were going to do. How hard would it be to add in a quest/storyline where you gain a part of Bahamut's power as an avatar for smns and half way decent gear for other jobs? I mean that is the trend now lol. Make a mini version of him. What summoner would not want that? Hell, it may make people lvl smn just to be able to use Bahamut lol. (I originally lvl mnk just to use Asuran Fist lol)
 Asura.Calatilla
サーバ: Asura
user: Calatilla
By Asura.Calatilla 2014-02-01 07:14:33  
Valefor.Sehachan said: »
To be fair Bahamut definetely is the least cooperative of the terrestrial avatars.
Like most people in high positions of power, they think they're better than everyone else.
 Leviathan.Kincard
user: Kincard
By Leviathan.Kincard 2014-02-02 12:49:21  
I get that Bahamut is supposed to be fearsome and powerful lore-wise and they did a pretty good job with that, but honestly the sleeping gods are more powerful than he is and they just give you a "fraction of their power" so there's no reason Bahamut couldn't do the same.

Though really, even if they added him he'd probably end up being similar to Odin where you get something visually impressive but never really used.
 Shiva.Gib
サーバ: Shiva
user: Gib
By Shiva.Gib 2014-02-02 14:09:39  
and I'm expecting both of them to be F'ing useless
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [30 days between previous and next post]
 Shiva.Alistrianna
サーバ: Shiva
By Shiva.Alistrianna 2014-03-04 07:02:33  
NVM: Already a thread on this
 Leviathan.Syagin
user: Kerron
By Leviathan.Syagin 2014-03-04 07:29:08  
Atomas casts Warp II on john doe lol,
 Fenrir.Atheryn
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Temptaru
By Fenrir.Atheryn 2014-03-04 07:31:17  
Leviathan.Syagin said: »
Atomas casts Warp II on john doe lol,

Retrace, more likely.
 Sylph.Dasanuffadat
By Sylph.Dasanuffadat 2014-03-04 08:43:18  
http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/threads/40460

^ Cait Sith Blood Pacts announced!
 Phoenix.Elizabet
サーバ: Phoenix
user: Elizabet
By Phoenix.Elizabet 2014-03-04 10:04:44  
Hmm they don't say what it's favor will be. But Raise2 at lvl 15?

I hope Level ? Holy won't suck..

Eerie Eye could be useful, providing it actually sticks.
 Bismarck.Danz
サーバ: Bismarck
user: danz
By Bismarck.Danz 2014-03-04 10:19:49  
wow! raise/re-raise/sleep/amnisa/lower TP all in 1 avatar... SMNs are gonna be a staple in every event (given every other NM doesn't resist them)