フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Geomancer » Bubble Trouble: A Geomancer Guide
Bubble Trouble: A Geomancer Guide
First Page 2 3 ... 26 27 28 ... 73 74 75
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
サーバ: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2016-07-12 11:06:58  
XIclopedia is generally out of date, yes. For more recent content you're better off checking BGwiki.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Siren.Kyte
サーバ: Siren
By Siren.Kyte 2016-07-12 20:31:38  
Loupan debuffs always land, so no >_>;
[+]

Post deleted by User.
By Bjggi 2016-07-13 10:12:41  
A Nantosuelta's Cape for MND Enf. should be more useful than the Lifestream with +10 Enf. right?

20 MND | 20 MAC | and maybe HASTE for a FastRecast swap Back
By eliroo 2016-07-18 10:42:42  
Looking for some advice on gearing Geo.

I am currently trying to help my wife get her geo geared up. She has the solstice and pretty much a fully functional Geo + Set.

What sets should she focus on next to be viable?

I know fast cast is important and so is Idle but should we aim for an Idle set listed here in the guide or a pet idle set that focuses on DT-% and Pet Regen?

I'm not really sure the best way to build Geo at all.

Also what are people doing for the Ambi capes and what Path is best for Solstice?

Thank you for any answers!
By Damane 2016-07-18 10:46:21  
eliroo said: »
Looking for some advice on gearing Geo.

I am currently trying to help my wife get her geo geared up. She has the solstice and pretty much a fully functional Geo + Set.

What sets should she focus on next to be viable?

I know fast cast is important and so is Idle but should we aim for an Idle set listed here in the guide or a pet idle set that focuses on DT-% and Pet Regen?

I'm not really sure the best way to build Geo at all.

Also what are people doing for the Ambi capes and what Path is best for Solstice?

Thank you for any answers!

Nukeing gear
Cure Potency gear
and Enfeeb gear
If you have allready the pet idle and geomancy spell gears

From there on work on Fast Cast, Aspir and various other stuff.
But those above are basicly the minimum core stuff
 Asura.Calatilla
サーバ: Asura
user: Calatilla
By Asura.Calatilla 2016-07-18 11:01:54  
Pet DT-% + Regen is a core requirement if you don't want to have to be replacing your luopan every 2 minutes. It's also useful to have a hybrid master/pet dt set for situations where you're going to be in range of the mob you're fighting.

My geo mule has nuking gear, cure gear, enfeebles, drain/aspir. Idle-refresh, luopan dt/refresh, master/pet dt regen. Fastcast, skill+, indi- potency/duration.

It's still a work in progress but it's a benchmark to work on.
By Nocki 2016-07-18 11:04:28  
In my personal opinion set priority for an endgame geo would be:
Pet DT/Regen > Cure Potency > Cursna > Impact > Fast Cast > Stun > Enfeebles > Nuke
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2016-07-18 11:11:58  
Nocki said: »
In my personal opinion set priority for an endgame geo would be:
Pet DT/Regen > Cure Potency > Cursna > Impact > Fast Cast > Stun > Enfeebles > Nuke

I think this is going to depend on which tier content. Up through Ru'aun t3 and Reisen t2, GEO can nuke still, it's only death-only that kicks GEO off the nuke wagon. And I can land enfeebles on reisen t4's, and at least my LS hates RDM's, so I'm usually /rdm to bring frazzle and enfeebles.

But if you're building a geo to jump right to reisenjima t4's then yeah, nuke gear last, you might nuke Zerde that's about it.
By eliroo 2016-07-18 11:21:40  
So many answers!

A lot of sets seem pretty straight forward like Cure Pot, Fast Cast and nuking but the one that seems a little tricky is the idle sets since they seem to rely on augments.

What pieces are recommended for the Master/Pet Idle set or just the Pet idle set?

Also what use is the Impact set and how would you even build that?

Thank you for all of the answers, pet jobs are a little confusing and less straight forward for me.

Edit: I just looked at the DT- sets but there hardly seems to be any PET -DT in those sets, that is the only reason I am confused.

Edit 2: More research and this is what I've gotten

Weapon : Sucellus ( -3 DT, +3 Regen )
Shield : Genbu ( 10 Physical DT Master)
Ranged : Dunna ( - 5 DT)
Head : Azimuth Hat ( +3 Regen)
Body : Telchine ( +3 Regen, -4 DT)
Hands: Geo Mitaines + 1 ( -11 DT)
Legs: Telchine ( +3 Regen, -4 DT)
Boots: Bagua + 1 ( + 3 Regen)
Cape : Ambuscade ( +10 Regen)
Belt : Isa Belt ( -3 DT)
Neck : Twilight Torque ( -5 Master)
Earring: Rimeice Earring ( -1 DT)
Earring : Ethereal Earring ( Does this = 3% DT or just additional Mana?)
Ring : Dark Ring x 2 or Dark Ring + Defending Ring

This gives at Most:

Pet DT - 31
Pet Regen - 25
Master DT - 17(20?)
Master Physical DT - 10

Does this set seem complete, minus the Idris which would just let you change out the Geo Mitaines for more pet regen?
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2016-07-18 11:42:30  
Max Pet DT is -87.5%, but Luopans natively have 50%. So you need to get 37.5%

AF+1 - 11%
Dunna - 5%
Solstice D - 4%
Isa Belt - 3%

I'm not sure where is best to go after that as I have Idris which basically auto-caps my luopan DT, but I know there's handler earring NQ/HQ if you're not up for seeking out telchine for augment hoping.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2016-07-18 11:45:10  
The Luopan has a native -DT% percentage that pretty much minimizes the pet -DT set, especially if you have Idris.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2016-07-18 11:47:26  
Telchine (pet DT-4, pet regen+3, master meva+as much as you can reasonably get) and AF+1 hands. Even an Idris GEO should preferably carry Telchine; idling in Idris is moreso for situations where you need capped DT on both the pet and master.

Ideally you want a few different sets. I have a pet-focused set (full DT/regen) that overlays my idle set if I have a luopan out but am not in any danger. I also have a more limited set that goes over my PDT and MDT/meva sets for when my GEO stands in AoE range. The latter doesn't cap pet DT right now since no Idris, but that'll change soon enough.
[+]
 Phoenix.Brixy
Guide Maker
サーバ: Phoenix
user: Brixy
By Phoenix.Brixy 2016-07-19 04:02:39  

I made us a new table of contents for the front page! The old one was going on 3 years old and needed to be updated badly. crazy how time flies... I may update some other spots in the guide soon.

Off topic:
Thinking about reactivating my account. The last time I played was early December of last year so I will need to upgrade Terpsichore and Twashtar for my Dancer. Is there a decent method so it doesn't take me 10 years to get 10,000 Beitetsu and boulders lol? (Was working on Nirvana before my break so I'd like to avoid selling alexandrites)
[+]
 Odin.Ceas
サーバ: Odin
user: Ceas
By Odin.Ceas 2016-07-19 04:21:25  
Phoenix.Brixy said: »
Off topic:
Thinking about reactivating my account. The last time I played was early December of last year so I will need to upgrade Terpsichore and Twashtar for my Dancer. Is there a decent method so it doesn't take me 10 years to get 10,000 Beitetsu and boulders lol? (Was working on Nirvana before my break so I'd like to avoid selling alexandrites)

I'd suggest waiting (or praying) for the next High-Tier Mission Battlefield-Campaign and spam something fast and easy like Tenzen on D/VD with a few friends and/or mule. Doesn't take very long... if you don't have to wait hours to get into the BC.
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2016-07-19 04:38:31  
Odin.Ceas said: »
Doesn't take very long...
Please share your definition of what is and what isn't "very long", I think there's a high degree of subjectivity.

If I recall I walked out with ~1000 Beitetsu in a bit more than 300 Leviathan VD runs.
Considering warps, zoning, slow people etc, our runs were taking ~8,5 mins each (judging by the timer of my Entrust). Sometimes faster, sometimes slower, I'm tryin to make a general average.

Then you have to go farm 70 merits again, during the campaign that's usually very fast unless your group sucks. With zonings and slow people etc it's gonna be, I dunno, 15 mins? Let's say 20 mins as a worst case scenario.
So every 7 runs is roughly 8,5mins x 7 +20mins = ~80 mins for a full set of runs, or 1h and 20mins.
For ~300 runs that's roughly 3760minutes, or ~62.5 hours.
Out of this I got, as I said, around ~1000 of the 10k Beitetsu needed.

Now a few things to consider:
1) The cream of the cream of players will of course be faster. 5 mins average instead of my 8,5? I was just sharing my very "average player" experience. To be fair I've seen even much slower runs, sigh.
2) 62,5 hours isn't realistic either because it doesn't take into account the time to shout for people or waiting for others to shout, and people who will leave after a few runs, or people who will want to take breaks for coffee/cigarette etc. All small things taken alone but once you sum them up they start to count.
3) I have no mules. If you can bring mules it makes a HUGE difference. My friends who soloed Leviathan maining BLU and using 2-4 mules got FOUR TIMES the amount of mats that I got, in LESS time because they didn't have to shout, or wait for others, or people leaving etc. Didn't have to compete with others for the common pool boxes either. If you can farm BCs like this, it's gonna make an INSANE difference.
4) In those ~1000 Beitetsu I didn't consider the Plutons/Boulders. You can of course sell them and use the gil to buy more beitetsu. Atm the price on my server is ~14k gil for a single Beitetsu, but during the campaign it was 10k/11k

tl;dr
If you have mules it's gonna be a lot of grind, but you'll be done within a month or even earlier according to how many mules and how many hours you play every day.
If you have a single character then it's gonna be quite the huge grind if you intend to farm every single piece on your own.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Splinters
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Splinters
By Lakshmi.Splinters 2016-07-19 05:16:22  
My favorite method to farm Beitetsu/Plutons around my short play time is in Marjami Ravine. Kill the butterflies and frogs around G-9 near Biv #2 for a Phlox Yggrete Shard III. Pop Hakawai (15-second fight on thf) who likes to drop stone cases often. Sell the stones you don't need, eat the phlox beads.
[+]
 Shiva.Rickis
サーバ: Shiva
user: Rickis
By Shiva.Rickis 2016-07-20 22:59:00  
stupid question....is there any guild for where do those geo magic drop from? buying from NPC is way too expensive....
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2016-07-20 23:05:18  
The expensive ones are generally pretty cheap on the AH, as they're also drops from various endgame fights.
By minikomby 2016-07-20 23:27:49  
Lakshmi.Splinters said: »
My favorite method to farm Beitetsu/Plutons around my short play time is in Marjami Ravine. Kill the butterflies and frogs around G-9 near Biv #2 for a Phlox Yggrete Shard III. Pop Hakawai (15-second fight on thf) who likes to drop stone cases often. Sell the stones you don't need, eat the phlox beads.

What are stone cases?
By Gruknor 2016-07-21 00:22:48  
He means cases of plutons, riftboulders, and beitetsu.
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2016-07-21 02:06:59  
Shiva.Rickis said: »
stupid question....is there any guild for where do those geo magic drop from? buying from NPC is way too expensive....
Can cut the prices by 10% with an Alliance Shirt+1 or a friend who has one. Also I might be wrong but I also think being legend in some (all?) coalition furtherly reduces the price a bit.

As Nighty said, most of the expensive one are usually very cheap on AH because they are a common drop from several events.
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2016-07-21 02:08:49  
lolDD questions.
Anybody has an updated DD set for GEO?
Which club do you use offhand? I'm currently using a GADA, not sure if there's anything better that I missed.

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Krystela
By Asura.Krystela 2016-07-28 02:34:37  
Asura.Sechs said: »
Odin.Ceas said: »
Doesn't take very long...
Please share your definition of what is and what isn't "very long", I think there's a high degree of subjectivity.

If I recall I walked out with ~1000 Beitetsu in a bit more than 300 Leviathan VD runs.
Considering warps, zoning, slow people etc, our runs were taking ~8,5 mins each (judging by the timer of my Entrust). Sometimes faster, sometimes slower, I'm tryin to make a general average.

Then you have to go farm 70 merits again, during the campaign that's usually very fast unless your group sucks. With zonings and slow people etc it's gonna be, I dunno, 15 mins? Let's say 20 mins as a worst case scenario.
So every 7 runs is roughly 8,5mins x 7 +20mins = ~80 mins for a full set of runs, or 1h and 20mins.
For ~300 runs that's roughly 3760minutes, or ~62.5 hours.
Out of this I got, as I said, around ~1000 of the 10k Beitetsu needed.

Now a few things to consider:
1) The cream of the cream of players will of course be faster. 5 mins average instead of my 8,5? I was just sharing my very "average player" experience. To be fair I've seen even much slower runs, sigh.
2) 62,5 hours isn't realistic either because it doesn't take into account the time to shout for people or waiting for others to shout, and people who will leave after a few runs, or people who will want to take breaks for coffee/cigarette etc. All small things taken alone but once you sum them up they start to count.
3) I have no mules. If you can bring mules it makes a HUGE difference. My friends who soloed Leviathan maining BLU and using 2-4 mules got FOUR TIMES the amount of mats that I got, in LESS time because they didn't have to shout, or wait for others, or people leaving etc. Didn't have to compete with others for the common pool boxes either. If you can farm BCs like this, it's gonna make an INSANE difference.
4) In those ~1000 Beitetsu I didn't consider the Plutons/Boulders. You can of course sell them and use the gil to buy more beitetsu. Atm the price on my server is ~14k gil for a single Beitetsu, but during the campaign it was 10k/11k

tl;dr
If you have mules it's gonna be a lot of grind, but you'll be done within a month or even earlier according to how many mules and how many hours you play every day.
If you have a single character then it's gonna be quite the huge grind if you intend to farm every single piece on your own.
It does take a long time.

Personally I did it with friends and we would all give the beitetsu to me, ritfborn to someone else. We did that until we were complete than switched persons receiving the riftborn/beit and did that over and over.
 Asura.Cicion
user: cicion
By Asura.Cicion 2016-07-28 02:46:24  
Im using a Nehushtan 15 str dex 4 da and i think was 13 acc. Ill toss more stones at in one day for a decent att/acc aug. Side note why are we not on Izcalli. My set atm for tp
main="Tishtrya",
sub={ name="Nehushtan", augments={'Accuracy+13','"Dbl.Atk."+4','STR+15 DEX+15',}},
ammo="Hasty Pinion +1",
head={ name="Telchine Cap", augments={'Accuracy+16','"Dbl.Atk."+3','STR+2 DEX+2',}},
neck="Asperity Necklace",
waist="Cetl Belt",
left_ear="Telos Earring",
right_ear="Cessance Earring",
left_ring="Pernicious Ring",
right_ring="Petrov Ring",
body="Onca Suit",
back={ name="Nantosuelta's Cape", augments={'MND+20','Accuracy+20 Attack+20','"Dual Wield"+10',}},} Need to adjust telchine str/dex aug a tad still and if i make a ws cape for geo ill change that 20 mnd for dex. I'll chime in for judgment vs realmrazer and i still find i do slightly better with realmrazer (like 500-1500) in most situations and i get slightly more tp back but mabey that can change if i made a 4th geo cape for hexa/judgement
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2016-07-28 03:29:13  
The problem with Nehushtan (I have 2, they were my ddClubs until a while ago) is that they are 228 skill.
Idris, Aeonic and Gada are 242/269. That means that Gada has roughly ~10 more acc and 14 more attack than Nehushtan.
And that's before factoring augments, which have a higher cap on Gada compared to Nehushtan (altough the degree of control is alas much worse than that of Alluvion weapons, as we all know)

All in all I think Gada has the potential to be the best or one of the best offhand ddClub for GEO. And yeah shame we cannot use Izcalli, sigh.

I use a Telchine cap with acc+19, STR/DEX+7 and Haste+3. That caps my haste. Well... almost cap, 25%.
Also Cici with Cetl belt you're at 27% haste without Hasty Pinion, can use something else in your ammo slot.
Maybe you wanted it for the Acc/Att together, but the STP- can potentially hurt (check your total STP values).
Other interesting Options are Amar Cluster for Acc and Floestone for Att.

Ringswise there's Heitaroi too that offers some interesting stuff (no clue how to mathematically evaluate the TA damage part though). Probably not better than Petrov, but maybe better than Pernicious.

Also talking about main-hand, I think if you have no means to reasonably keep AM3 up, Tishtrya is gonna win thanks to the huge base damage. If you have ways to keep AM3 up to a reasonable rate, then Idris 119v3 is probably gonna win.
 Asura.Cicion
user: cicion
By Asura.Cicion 2016-07-28 04:26:34  
You forget nehushtan comes with 27 acc base + 228 skill so it might as well be considereda 242 skill in terms of acc. I would use more triple att gear but sadly outside of that heit ring and some escha ruanne leg and windbuffet belt 7%? thats all we got so i opted to just go with double att. I really loved going in 5/5 telch (think i had 6 stp and 2 da more then onca) but onca suit has like 40 or 60 acc over it all and w/e att. Mind you the other 4 telch pieces has prol 50+ more mnd then onca does for Mnd mods. Pretty sure i mathed it out and hasty pinion wasnt hurting me wth -3 stp with my set. But ya i rly could aug me telch head with 3 haste and use windbuffet +1.
If i ever get a 2nd gada mabey ill toss stones at it for melee augs
By Yandaime 2016-07-28 05:48:29  
Really quick question: Is player Damage Taken affected by Gear Level? Something like a level correction but for defense? I ask because I just made a GEO mule and I wanna know if Earth Staff is still a good PDT option.

I vaguely remember my WHM mule taking less damage than normal when switching to a 113 staff a couple years ago but that could be dumb luck or placebo. Anyone know if level correction applies to defense?

Note* I'm only talking about total level so this really only applies to gear with no defensive properties (Weapons). Obviously I have all the normal idle gear at 119 just wondering if using Earth Staff is helping or hurting
First Page 2 3 ... 26 27 28 ... 73 74 75