DRG Guide.... Where???

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Dragoon » DRG guide.... Where???
DRG guide.... Where???
 Ragnarok.Martel
サーバ: Ragnarok
Game: FFXI
By Ragnarok.Martel 2014-01-17 05:25:43  
Just try it on the dps sheet. Its 8 str and 28 atk vs 4% DA. As long as you're benefiting from the atk, mikinaak will come out ahead. For that matter, I have Lancer+2 only 13 points of DMG ahead when atk IS capped. Out of a 5917 avg ws. Mikinaak hands are just a better overall option.

My sets are on my AH profile. Although, Only my basic sets are on there. I haven't made AH sets for any of the specialized stuff.
 Ragnarok.Alexhander
By Ragnarok.Alexhander 2014-01-17 05:53:03  
I see. And what about Vulcan Pearl for Stardriver?
 Ragnarok.Martel
By Ragnarok.Martel 2014-01-17 05:57:45  
Not worth using over brutal or moonshade. In the case of sekkanoki/300% tp, where moonshade would have no effect, Trux would come out higher than Vulcan pearl.
By Ophannus 2014-01-17 06:44:08  
Wonder if phorcys body beats out vishap body+1 for geirskogul. I typically stardiver when im fully buffed but if im soloing or low manning something and atk isnt capped, geir is actually outdoing stardiver, for example on Ark Angels. On hard mode AA, stardiver ranges from 1600-2200ish but geirskogul does a consistant 2kish so ends out coming ahead. Wondering if the 21 agi beats 5% ws dmg. Not just trying to justify my relic but it actually does beat stardiver when i'm underbuffed and atk or ws acc isnt capped or when sv songs wear.
 Ragnarok.Martel
By Ragnarok.Martel 2014-01-17 06:50:53  
Phorcys is +7% WS dmg. It's very hard to beat on single hit ws. And has a ton of atk.

I'll do some quick messing around on the spreadsheet, but note that I don't have accurate AA stats or anything.

Also, your Geir set on AH seems to be rather outdated. Would be helpful to have the current set you're using.
 Ragnarok.Martel
By Ragnarok.Martel 2014-01-17 07:33:22  
Ok, so.

Phorcys definitively wins for geirskogul over everything else I checked.

Let's see here... for Geir to beat stardiver. First low atk.

At 1.2~ ratio
Geir:1521
Star:2470

At ~0.98 ratio
Geir:1200
Star:1930

At ~0.65 ratio
Geir:789
Star:1258

Nope. Doesn't seem to matter how bad your atk is. Stardiver wins.

Next acc...

At ~0.65 ratio Stardiver falls behind Geir at ~41% acc.
At ~0.98 ratio Stardiver falls behind Geir at ~28% acc.
At 1.2~ ratio Stardiver falls behind Geir at ~28% acc.

So, if you have terrible atk, And nearly floored acc, then yes, it appears you can justify using Geir.

But personally, I'd just make a better High acc Stardiver set. Although the possibility remains that you'd be floored in your high acc set too.

Thing is, I can't see your acc being that low on anything you'd solo or lowman. I don't think VE or E AA's are that evasive. And I seriously doubt DRG could solo normal+ mode AAs(not even sure about VE or E actually, I haven't seen any attemts reported though). Your wyvern would get hate and you'd die with acc this bad.
By Ophannus 2014-01-17 09:47:33  
Didnt mean to imply that i solo AAs but when im soloing random lvl 111-113 mobs in Kamhir/Woh Gates Stardiver with like 1100 atk is very finicky sometimes only doing ~2600-3k while Geirskogul is doing more. Of course when i Angon and Dia II, suddenly my Stardiver spikes to well over 4-5k but i chalked it up to crappy pdif on em-t targets basically unbuffed as drg/rdm except for rcb. Since I play BLU and DRG, my DRG's stardivers on solo mobs are roughly doing the same damage as my BLU's CDC's/Req's unless I debuff the mob's def heavily.

Also are you accounting for the hidden +40% damage bonus to Geiroskogul from relic? Because especially on AAs, I've been doing Geirskogul whenever Angon or Minuets drop because it's winning like 80% of the time. When buffs drop, Stardiver is hitting AA hard mode for ~1200-1600 and Geir is doing 1800-2.2k but that could be and probably is missed hits from Star, so I'll make a acc-stardiver set.

To show you I'm not crazy I went out to Kamhir drifts for 15min and WS some random mobs unbuffed, just RCB. These were my results. I didn't cherry pick these, you can see the timestamps they were all immediately after eachother, the time break between mobs is traveling time between mob spawn locations.

Explanations? Of course when I dia/angon my Stardivers go up to like 5-6k but unbuffed, Geirskogul is pretty consistantly good. Occasionally my Stardivers will do more but could be due to DA's or something.

These are my WS sets:

Stardiver:

Geirskogul:

I'm always looking for ways to improve my Geir set since there's not much info about it(because lolgungnir) think Ogier legs' 3% WSD would win over 28STR/16AGI and 4% DA? Or elemental belt vs Windbuffet?

If only Geir was a 60% STR mod, it would be a rather solid WS, it'd be basically a Tachi: Fudo.
 Ragnarok.Martel
By Ragnarok.Martel 2014-01-17 20:37:02  
So, I noticed that I made a rather large mistake in my last set of comparisons. After setting up for geirskogul, and checking phorcys, I switched ws to Camlann's out of random curiosity. At which point I appear to have been distracted and forgot to switch it back. <,<

Having discovered this, I thought, "Ahh, that was it. Now things will work out as reported."

Except, no. After going back over everything, and making sure gungnir's relic ws bonus was being applied, the end result is the same.
Code
Ratio-1.7--1.3---1.0---9.0---8.0---7.0---6.0---5.0--
Geir-2914--2301--1773--1519--1346--1182--1008--834--
Star-3702--2893--2219--1902--1685--1479--1265--1054-

Geirskogul does not avg higher than stardiver. regardless of atk. And there's no way your acc is low enough on Khamir mobs to put Geir ahead via acc.

Atm, I see three possible explanations.

1:There's something about Geirskogul(or stardiver o.o) that's different from what we currently know resulting in higher/lower DMG than expected.(Previously unknown atk bonus? I actually checked studio gobli for this. Nothing there though. <,<)

2: I have either failed to account for some significant factor(or just generally screwed up, like last time. Lol), or there's a calculation error in the spreadsheet

3: The currently collected observational data is insufficient to correctly reflect actual avg ws values. Basically, prior eyeballing and a 10ws sample(4 stardivers and 6 geirs) is not a reliable type/amount of data to determine an avg from. And the spreadsheet ws values I'm comparing to your results are averages.

Certainly, Geirskogul will be consistent. It's a single hit ws. It's got vastly less variance to account for. Stardiver's a multihit ws. It can miss hits, it can roll low on the pdif randomizer, it can mulithit(with twice and many chances as Geir). DMG can and will be all over the place on a multi hit ws.

As for why the stardivers in your sample were lower than the Geirskoguls... Atm we have, random chance, or we consult possibilities #1 and #2.

All that aside, Geirskogul is definitely viable as a self skillchain tool. Geir->Stardiver->Geir should result in a rather wicked double darkness, I think. <,<

Improving Geir dmg.. Ogier's breeches show as a notable loss going from Cizin. Ele belt is better than windbuffet.
By Ophannus 2014-01-18 07:09:59  
If you've made a sc using a ws with a lvl 3 sc property, you cant continue the ws any further.

Doubt geir has an atk bonus unless other relic ws get atk bonuses. Then again some relic ws have special properties like constant enmity. Maybe it does have a bonus? How should i test it?
 Ragnarok.Martel
By Ragnarok.Martel 2014-01-18 09:38:13  
Hmmmm. I had thought Geirskogul had a darkness property, not light. <,<

If you make the first SC using the level 2 properties of the ws, then you can ligth again off of the previous SC. For example, Camlann's->Drakes->camlann's will do double light. Since you have Frag->Fusion->then it uses camlann's light property.

But since Geir is light, geir-stardiver-geir wouldn't work.

To test an atk bonus, you generally get a mob with known level and stats, make sure your atk is low enough not to cap. Then gather a sample. And check to see if the dmg is higher than expected.

As for quantifying an atk bonus if there is one, that's beyond me. You'll have to ask someone who actually understands the math.
By Ophannus 2014-01-18 11:54:38  
Any suggestions for mobs i wont be capped on that have known defense even with the +skill from gungnir?
 Ragnarok.Martel
By Ragnarok.Martel 2014-01-18 12:31:01  
Oh, also.... Try to avoid WS'ing if gungnir's def- procs. Or at least note that it did on each ws.

As for mob, I have no idea. I haven't tested atk bonuses since pre ilvl.
By Ophannus 2014-01-18 13:07:19  
I wonder, if def down procs on the first hit of stardiver if the rest of the ws benefits. Also i wonder if the hit in which a def down procs benefits from the def down or if it applies after that hit and not at the same time.
 Ragnarok.Sekundes
user: Sekundes
By Ragnarok.Sekundes 2014-01-18 13:25:30  
Ophannus said: »
I wonder, if def down procs on the first hit of stardiver if the rest of the ws benefits. Also i wonder if the hit in which a def down procs benefits from the def down or if it applies after that hit and not at the same time.
Gungnir's def down can only proc on regular hits. And besides, I don't think any ws will recalculate in the middle of the ws from a debuff that the ws itself puts on.
By Ophannus 2014-01-18 14:03:04  
Really? Thought it could proc on Jumps too. I've seen Evasion Down and Stun proc on Drakesbane/Jumps when I used Mezraq at 75 or Platinum Grip. Though maybe it won't proc since Stardiver already inflicts a status ailment...
 Ragnarok.Martel
By Ragnarok.Martel 2014-01-18 14:24:05  
Weapon Additional effects don't proc on ws.

And in all the time I used a Mezraq, then later Thalassocrat I never saw anything like that.

Jumps are, questionable. I seem to recall seeing on old wiki that enspells could proc on them, at least. But if weapon add effects can, I've certainly never seen it happen. Although its possible that it just doesn't show in the log when it does.
 Shiva.Onorgul
サーバ: Shiva
user: Onorgul
By Shiva.Onorgul 2014-01-18 14:55:21  
Pretty sure I've heard of added effects like Stun from Platinum Grip proc'ing on Jumps without showing in the log. Jump has a host of weird mechanics.
 Phoenix.Suji
サーバ: Phoenix
user: suji
By Phoenix.Suji 2014-01-18 15:00:12  
Can't stun proc on jumps with Delphinius?
 Ragnarok.Sekundes
user: Sekundes
By Ragnarok.Sekundes 2014-01-18 15:05:24  
Well, test is really easy. Don't engage, jump a mob. If it's def down wears off, then it works. Might take a bit since you won't know when it applies and you may have to jump quite a few things.
 Ragnarok.Martel
By Ragnarok.Martel 2014-01-18 15:17:21  
Phoenix.Suji said: »
Can't stun proc on jumps with Delphinius?
Delphinius is a jump specific add effect. It has to proc on jump, or it wouldn't do anything at all.
By Ophannus 2014-01-18 15:24:47  
En-spells proc on Jumps, easy to test. Throw up an Enspell and go find a PLD mob and Jump it during Invincible. I feel like I've Drakesbaned things with Platinum Grip while soloing and wondered why the mob stopped attacking me until I see Stun wears off, could have been from an unlogged attack that sometimes occur right as a WS goes off.
 Valefor.Iuc
サーバ: Valefor
user: Lucs
By Valefor.Iuc 2014-01-24 16:18:17  
anyone have info on ryu gear sets??
 Ragnarok.Haorhu
user: haorhu
By Ragnarok.Haorhu 2014-01-28 13:57:25  
Alexander.Almostunsane said: »
Ryufane said: »
Found this really informative video on YouTube.

YouTube Video Placeholder

He has a really awesome channel. He taught me how to solo Chigoes.

LOL WTF IS this setup gears at DRG 65 lol ... bored girls and noob lvl99 ...
By Valthongir 2014-02-23 17:19:36  
I want to write a DRG guide. I'm working on it a little at a time between classes. Here's some ideas of things to cover.
Job abilities/Merits
Subjobs
Weapons
Gear sets (fresh 99, pre-delve, post-delve)
I wanted to set up basic dps per stat depending on AM status, that way we have a rule-of-thumb as new gear comes out each week. I would base these off Motenten's sheets.
Input would be greatly appreciated. Going off various topics on this forum, I just wanted to consolidate our knowledge base.
What I need more info on:
sTP goal (36 vs 38, saw a post on the numbers)
How much accuracy we actually get in delve runs (COR buff average, how many ACC buffs get used in normal groups) I used to only get the brd buffs to get exact numbers all the time
Anything else you want to see?
 Asura.Originalkord
サーバ: Asura
user: rocs42
By Asura.Originalkord 2014-02-23 17:36:17  
you pretty much covered all of the content that should be in the guide.

I think its just a matter of how ambitious you want to be. You have guides like the THF guide where there are 1-4 different sets for each situation, then there are PLD guides where they only post optimum gear. Personally I think that it should be focused on the optimal sets--the point should be "this is what you should strive for" and then the discussion happens when someone is working with gear that is a little less than ideal, or trying to tweak what has been accepted as optimal. I would say if you're going to post multiple sets for content, follow the MNK guide.

I wouldn't be opposed to a beginner's section, but I think at this point capping haste and counting store TP is almost a no brainer.

I look forward to contributing.
By Ophannus 2014-02-24 00:32:45  
STP thing is kinda iffy now. Someone(i forgot who) convinced me that there are 6-hit sets out there for non-mythic DRGs that outdamage 5hit sets according to spreadsheets(utilizing heavy DA/TA/QA pieces) which is what I'm using right now.

Some extra tidbits for gearsets that most DRGs probably don't use/care about is a Steady Wing set and usage. Steady Wing is more potent the GREATER the difference between current/max HP. So the closer to death the wyvern is, the more potent Steady Wing gets. Furthermore not only does increasing Wyvern HP directly enhance Steady Wing but it will also increase the Current/Max HP difference even further thus increasing the secondary bonus. So a set utilizing as much Wyvern HP as possible and using it when the wyvern is closer to death than not will extend it's potency a great deal.

Assuming a Wyvern has 1600 HP with ilvl119(actually it's probably more), then with full Wyvern HP gear, wyvern should have ~upwards of 2500ish HP. That's a 750 Stoneskin right off the bat at 100% HP but if the wyvern is at 1%(unlikely) that's a 3249 HP Stoneskin. Always use Wyvern HP gear for Steady Wing and use it after the Wyvern's taken a thrashing.

Another tidbit is for most non RME DRGs, if Sekkanoki is up and you're fully buffed, why not use both Jumps and get ~180ish TP, instead of Stardiver x2, Drakesbane>Stardiver will give you a Gravitation which combined usually does more then Stardiver x 2.

Also when solo, try to not use HB so much if you have trusts, instead let the Wyvern keep its TP and use him as a free TP battery. The wyvern can easily get upwards of 150-200% TP in 90 seconds if you're Spirit Linking empathy'd haste on to him therefore that's a free 75-100% TP from Spirit Link's TP trade. This allows you to do the aforementiond self-sc using Spirit Link's TP transfer for a nice skillchain that usually destroys whatever you're fighting.

Lastly, something I learned from Martel is that you can midcast your "Enhances Wyvern Breath" gear after you WS so that your Wyvern gets the bonus damage to breaths. This only works with Enhanced Breath Damage gear not Wyvern HP and it won't affect or hinder your delay at all. It's nice for the extra 40-50 damage to breath it grants. Certainly adds up especially in those fights where you win with seconds to spare or a near 1% wipe.
[+]
By Valthongir 2014-02-24 09:24:23  
I'll do some research on that 6-hit build. Might be tough to obtain those pieces of gear.

Steady Wing seems more important when the DRG doesn't need healing and the wyvern just took a big hit, or if you have another healer. You'd use steady wing in wyvern hp / hb gear to give the stoneskin and then sl its health back up. This is for /melee, of course. With /Mage, you'd have your own hb trigger, so steady wing would be useful. Granted, I've rarely had issues with my wyvern staying alive outside massive ohko moves. But you're correct as it would be overall good practice to use it when you can. I'll try to include a set for this move, if it's different from hb sets by a far amount.

I've never used midcast sets for ws breaths. That's something I'll have to look into further as well. My spellcasts were always a little rough for the delay around breaths.
By Ophannus 2014-02-24 20:19:28  
Steady Wing is highly necessary in endgame. I can't tell you how many times I went SCH to Delve and saw the DRG's let their Wyvern die to Eft poison and never used Steady Wing and I /facepalm. Especially in DM/Ark Angels, Steady Wing is awesome. I'm sure Ihm or Martel have good spellcast. My DRG spellcast is an amalgam of different rules stolen from various spellcasts from a few people but it's messy and some of the triggers are superfluous and requires an include so I won't bother to post mine, it's embarrassing, though effective for my needs.
By Valthongir 2014-02-26 12:27:01  
I found Ihm's spellcast, but I'll have to update it a bit. Just group names and gear sets, but it looks amazing beyond that. Need to add documentation for when to use various groups and include trigger spells in-game.

Working with a few others to write up the guide. Most of the remainder will be calculating gear sets for various events, which just comes down to me finding all the proper stats for said fights and chugging away in the spreadsheets.
By Valthongir 2014-02-27 21:09:56  
Hey, quick question about AM3 while I'm looking into it: When do AM3 Occ. Attacks get calculated compared to DA, TA, QA?

I know AM3 carries into WS, just keep finding different answers to this question.