フォーラム » Everything Else » Arcade » Final Fantasy X & X-2 HD Remastered
Final Fantasy X & X-2 HD Remastered
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
サーバ: Valefor
Game: FFXI
By Valefor.Prothescar 2013-05-10 04:55:14  
The collection is supposed to include everything pretty much.

X:
-Dark Aeons
-Penance
-Expert Sphere Grids
-All tweaks to character abilities, Aeon abilities, item customization, etc. introduced in International
-Eternal Calm Epilogue

X-2:
-Additional Dress Sphere
-Additional Garment Grids
-Creature Capture and Battle Simulator
-Last Mission dungeon

Most importantly all of the Japanese-only stuff is supposed to be in more languages this time. Also there's rumors of brand new content being added to each game, possibly through DLC.
[+]
 Bismarck.Faelar
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Faelar
By Bismarck.Faelar 2013-05-10 04:57:25  
Old news but really looking forward to it!

They can make this collection PERFECT by adding FF12 to it. Put all the PS2 FF's on the PS3!
 Siren.Ihm
VIP
サーバ: Siren
user: Ihm
By Siren.Ihm 2013-05-10 05:33:16  
I can't wait for X and X-2 HD! They look so pretty D:.

X-2 was awesome, story was lame but Tidus wasn't in it (Not much anyway >.>) and the combat system was awesome!
[+]
 Ragnarok.Ravant
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Ravant
By Ragnarok.Ravant 2013-05-10 05:33:41  
This needs to come out already I'm not a patient person!
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
サーバ: Sylph
user: Vegetto
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2013-05-10 05:34:46  
Valefor.Prothescar said: »
The collection is supposed to include everything pretty much.

X:
-Dark Aeons
-Penance
-Expert Sphere Grids
-All tweaks to character abilities, Aeon abilities, item customization, etc. introduced in International
-Eternal Calm Epilogue

X-2:
-Additional Dress Sphere
-Additional Garment Grids
-Creature Capture and Battle Simulator
-Last Mission dungeon

Most importantly all of the Japanese-only stuff is supposed to be in more languages this time. Also there's rumors of brand new content being added to each game, possibly through DLC.
They get the VAs back for the new content? or did they have them record ***bcak in the day and just never release it?
By Artemicion 2013-05-10 05:44:05  
Fairy.Spence said: »
I didn't like X's ending so getting a little closure out of X-2 was nice.

Also, say what you will, but I've come to expect great music from FF games, and X-2 was just ****ing awful in terms of music.

For the most part yes, but the opening credits melody was wonderful.
But alas, served only as a bait and switch for me and many others.

YouTube Video Placeholder

Nevertheless, I look forward to this release, as X-2 was a fun game, but not necessarily a great FF, per se.
[+]
 Bismarck.Faelar
By Bismarck.Faelar 2013-05-10 05:50:06  
The only gripe I had was the entire game was Yuna and crew playing Charlie's Angels. You did not get any other characters. It would have been awesome if you could have recruited Baralai, Gippal, and Nooj too! How they would have used the DressSphere System... I have no idea. But still!

Other than that, I absolutely loved the game. The gameplay, the story (sort of), and the music. Especially the music. My god.

Also, thanks for posting that song, I couldnt remember the name of it to save my life.
By Artemicion 2013-05-10 05:51:36  
Artemicion said: »
I was thinking to myself how cool it would have been if rather than making such a whimsical sequel to FFX, if they made a prequel that followed the exploits of Auron, Lord Braska and Ject on their pilgrimage.
Would definitely help add some weight to the origins and motives behind Yuna, as well as Tidus' eternal conflict with his father.
As well as Auron's

Also I think Ject deserved a lot more background given than the vague answers minimal context we got in FFX.

Quoting an old post I made in RT.
It feels fitting to put it here.
[+]
By ryujinsephy 2013-05-10 05:57:29  
I was a fan of FFX, loved the sphere grid system. But FFX-2... well at least they're making a matching set of games, lol.
 Bismarck.Faelar
By Bismarck.Faelar 2013-05-10 05:57:44  
I was thinking to myself how cool it would have been if rather than making such a whimsical sequel to FFX, if they made a prequel that followed the exploits of Auron, Lord Braska and Ject on their pilgrimage.
Would definitely help add some weight to the origins and motives behind Yuna, as well as Tidus' eternal conflict with his father.
As well as Auron's

Also I think Ject deserved a lot more background given than the vague answers minimal context we got in FFX.

Quoting an old post I made in RT.
It feels fitting to put it here.

I've had that thought before. Make a game where you play as Braska, detailing out his/Auron's/Jecht's journey to defeat Sin.

EVERYONE SHOULD MAIL SE AND TELL THEM TO DO THIS. I'D BUY IT RIGHT NOW.
By Artemicion 2013-05-10 06:05:22  
Yeah, there were lots of moments in FFX where very interesting and compelling stories were simply paraphrased or behind the scenes, leaving it up to a lengthy chat and dialog box to read, or simply leaving it up to your interpretation on how it lead to the whole transient set of events leading up to Tidus' plight on Spira.

In a way it is very satisfying to have such depth and character to a particular FF world where there are figurative puzzle pieces to fit the game together that can be completed within their own titles/works. Similar to how FF Tactics, Vagrant Story, and FF12 fit within the realm of Ivalice. Now if only SE would kindly expand upon existing worlds than one that I feel has soaked up the limelight long enough.

I'm looking at you Pulse/Cocoon.

Though come to think of it, there may be some conflicts here as "Gaia" has been a sort of blanket term for the world in numerous FF titles. Also some FF titles don't really have any grounds for expansion beyond their initial story, unless one of SE's writers comes up with some wacky convoluted continuation with brazen cameos and whatnot.
[+]
 Bismarck.Faelar
By Bismarck.Faelar 2013-05-10 06:16:06  
Yeah, there were lots of moments in FFX where very interesting and compelling stories were simply paraphrased or behind the scenes, leaving it up to a lengthy chat and dialog box to read, or simply leaving it up to your interpretation on how it lead to the whole transient set of events leading up to Tidus' plight on Spira.

In a way it is very satisfying to have such depth and character to a particular FF world where there are figurative puzzle pieces to fit the game together that can be completed within their own titles/works. Similar to how FF Tactics, Vagrant Story, and FF12 fit within the realm of Ivalice. Now if only SE would kindly expand upon existing worlds than one that I feel has soaked up the limelight long enough.

I'm looking at you Pulse/Cocoon.

Though come to think of it, there may be some conflicts here as "Gaia" has been a sort of blanket term for the world in numerous FF titles. Also some FF titles don't really have any grounds for expansion beyond their initial story, unless one of SE's writers comes up with some wacky convoluted continuation with brazen cameos and whatnot.

I'd like to see more of Pulse/Cocoon as well.

I'm sure there's an easy way to expand every FF title if they wanted to.

Look at FF4, they did great with the After Years.
Love my FFIV Collection on PSP :)
 Asura.Abysswalker
サーバ: Asura
By Asura.Abysswalker 2013-05-10 06:16:51  
I think he meant he's tired of seeing Pulse/Cocoon.

On topic: Kind of excited about this but will wait until the reviews are out. If its a crap job I'd rather just emulate the ps2 versions with Eng patches. Not really keen on giving SE any money.
By Artemicion 2013-05-10 06:23:48  
....I was making a case against Pulse/Cocoon actually.
But anyways, what I think would be neat is to have a new FF title tell the original story in the manner they had envisioned, but were limited to based on hardware at the time. I've noticed FF3 and 5 in particular (and some elements of 9 too) were telling the tale of the Four Warriors of Light and their conflict with Chaos to restore light and balance to the world, but within their own proprietary story, as not to blatantly rehash FF1 word for word.
But thanks to how detailed and open capacity for gameplay and scripting are today, I feel the original tale of FF can be told with all the immense details and character development everyone craves. So we can have an old, original, twice-told over story come to be realized as envisioned.
 Bismarck.Faelar
By Bismarck.Faelar 2013-05-10 06:38:32  
Guess I'm just weird then. Honestly I want to see more of each title. Except maybe 7. They've released enough to cover all my questions for 7 :P
 Asura.Abysswalker
By Asura.Abysswalker 2013-05-10 06:44:27  
I don't mind more FF13 stuff, I enjoyed the first 2 games. Personally I'd love to see more from Gaia and FF9.
[+]
 Bismarck.Dracondria
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2013-05-10 06:48:13  
I wanna see FF9's Gaia but like a prequel, maybe after Terra and Gaia merged
[+]
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [35 days between previous and next post]
VIP
By Kalila 2013-06-13 22:32:24  
FINAL FANTASY X|X-2 HD Remaster E3 Trailer | E3 2013
YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]
By sumo 2013-06-13 22:42:33  
Any idea if these games will include trophies?
 Shiva.Viciousss
サーバ: Shiva
user: Viciouss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2013-06-13 22:48:27  
If its like, 30 bucks I might pick it up. I might have said this already in this thread but, it shouldn't be taking years to release.
 Sylph.Chrisstreb
By Sylph.Chrisstreb 2013-06-13 22:50:18  
I would assume so considering they're on the system in 'new' versions, it looks like they overhauled the text (like in battle) too, personally I liked the battle text look from X

Plus with the 'rumors' of additional DLC
 Shiva.Saberr
user: saberr
By Shiva.Saberr 2013-06-13 23:05:11  
Waited so long for this! Not meant for Charlies Angels X-2 but i'll play that when I finish FFXhd for the 5 time in a row >.>
 Sylph.Chrisstreb
By Sylph.Chrisstreb 2013-06-13 23:14:35  
$30 would be reasonable, its not like its a 'brand-new' game
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
サーバ: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2013-06-13 23:15:10  
wow droppin those spoilers in the trailer. not like there's anyone who cares that hasn't played X yet, but still.
[+]
 Shiva.Viciousss
user: Viciouss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2013-06-13 23:17:40  
I wouldnt use spoiler tags for a 10 year old game either.
 Asura.Daleterrence
user: Dalight
By Asura.Daleterrence 2013-06-13 23:25:50  
Shiva.Viciousss said: »

Aerith dies.

What, we're not doing that anymore?
 Bahamut.Mizuharu
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Mizuharu
By Bahamut.Mizuharu 2013-06-13 23:47:34  
Asura.Daleterrence said: »
Shiva.Viciousss said: »

Aerith dies.

What, we're not doing that anymore?

You forgot the part where Snape kills Dumbledore, but only after he finds out that Rosebud was the sleigh.
By fattynoob 2013-06-13 23:51:01  
They should do this to FFXI and drop PS2 forever!
 Bahamut.Lilsanchez
サーバ: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Lilsanchez 2013-06-13 23:55:59  
The Garmet Grid and job system was really nice... Change on the fly. Unique learning process. I enjoyed the part of the game a ton. The story wasn't extremely thrilling but the systems where pretty damn good. I'm super excited for FF14 and 15 though.
 Bismarck.Ihina
user: Ihina
By Bismarck.Ihina 2013-06-14 00:52:47  
I liked the story, personally, because it was basically Tidus and Yuna's story. Main difference is while Tidus and Yuna won their struggle, Shuyin and Leene lost theirs.

BTW, anyone else have a hard time telling the difference between the original release and the HD remastered version?
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8