Game: FFXI
user: Kengosama
By Cerberus.Kengo 2013-04-12 02:11:10  
Valefor.Prothescar said: »
dumbfuckery

I like that word.
By Latifah 2013-04-12 02:13:39  
My god. I thought I'd seen the extent of Latifah's idiocy, but he manages to confound and amaze with each post. It's almost as if, whatever force is binding what little creedence to sanity he has is slowly being stripped away until there's nothing there but complete dumbfuckery.
Coming from someone that saids "Emps are game changing".

But i like the fact that you take your time to reply my posts with such anger.
 Cerberus.Kengo
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Kengosama
By Cerberus.Kengo 2013-04-12 02:15:47  
Latifah said: »
My god. I thought I'd seen the extent of Latifah's idiocy, but he manages to confound and amaze with each post. It's almost as if, whatever force is binding what little creedence to sanity he has is slowly being stripped away until there's nothing there but complete dumbfuckery.
Coming from someone that saids "Emps are game changing"

Almace and Armageddon are game changing you *** stick!
 Siren.Froggis
サーバ: Siren
user: Froggis
By Siren.Froggis 2013-04-12 02:17:01  
Really, one good COR is all that is needed for legion... well geared and merited can easily keep up 2x same rolls on 2 parties or varying rolls on 2 parties with or without 11s. Obviously, with the first 11, so long as you don't die or lose it, you can keep 11 rolls on both parties. Assuming you get quick 11s, you still have a good amount of time to DD or you could /mage for support in the time you have.

On Odin II now, cor really shouldn't do dmg... dies quick enough w/ non zerg, as it did before update. Babies can always be dying faster as they are the biggest waste of your time, so might as well DD them.

In lowman events with gimper mobs (salvage II, nyzul, meebles, limbus I and II) I like to /dnc. Sagasinger/coruscanti would be crazy but obviously that's unlikely for most players, myself included. Last Stand hits pretty easily in all those areas for much better dmg than Wildfire and can light SC with a number of WS (Reso, Ukko, Smite, Exen). I only have 90 arma and use steel bullets most of the time, but my dmg still is more than enough to do 60-75min trio AR2 full farms. Easy 16 -20 floors on 1 tag in old nyzul trio rather regularly (even after emb nerf) while getting points (never used powder boots). So COR/DNC is by far your best bet on lowman things. Even after embrava nerf, COR/DNC > BRD if you have to chose only one to bring.

Edit:
I will add that good SCH and good COR/DNC duo could probably still spawn and kill the khims in AR2 (assuming 3rd for entry), though you couldn't farm the ramparts/triple gears likely and have time to kill both khim. In the other salvage II, COR/DNC still the best, but isn't as fun as AR2.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
サーバ: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2013-04-12 02:21:30  

Someone mad that they don't have any? For all intents and purposes, Emps were and still are game changing.

Honestly Emanuelle I don't know who you think you're fooling. You always were and still are a ***, and you're not going to change that by continuing to prove your ignorance and inability to show any sort of positive human emotion about anything whatsoever.
 Cerberus.Pleebo
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2013-04-12 02:23:17  
[+]
 Ragnarok.Afania
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Afania
By Ragnarok.Afania 2013-04-12 02:24:01  
Siren.Froggis said: »
In lowman events with gimper mobs (salvage II, nyzul, meebles, limbus I and II) I like to /dnc. Sagasinger/coruscanti would be crazy but obviously that's unlikely for most players, myself included. Last Stand hits pretty easily in all those areas for much better dmg than Wildfire and can light SC with a number of WS (Reso, Ukko, Smite, Exen). I only have 90 arma and use steel bullets most of the time, but my dmg still is more than enough to do 60-75min trio AR2 full farms. Easy 16 -20 floors on 1 tag in old nyzul trio rather regularly (even after emb nerf) while getting points (never used powder boots). So COR/DNC is by far your best bet on lowman things. Even after embrava nerf, COR/DNC > BRD if you have to chose only one to bring.

If you have to choose 1 BRD is superior XD with ballad/slow/marches/SV BRD can also /DNC if you want samba/box step.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2013-04-12 02:25:30  
Unfortunately I have to agree, I'd always take a BRD over a COR if I can only have one, but they're both at their strongest when working in synergy
By Latifah 2013-04-12 02:28:26  

Someone mad that they don't have any? For all intents and purposes, Emps were and still are game changing.

Honestly Emanuelle I don't know who you think you're fooling. You always were and still are a ***, and you're not going to change that by continuing to prove your ignorance and inability to show any sort of positive human emotion about anything whatsoever.
Are you 16? You are fooling yourself by using a silly selection of random words on your posts, try harder. Kidz getz madz so ez.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2013-04-12 02:31:33  
I tend to get set off easily by persistent stupidity and doomsaying. It pains me to see it when people don't even try to better themselves over such a long period of time.

And no, I'm 13 in 3 days and my dad is Justin Beiber, get it right. What's next, a quip about my post count?
 Siren.Froggis
By Siren.Froggis 2013-04-12 02:33:16  
Ragnarok.Afania said: »

If you have to choose 1 BRD is superior XD with ballad/slow/marches/SV BRD can also /DNC if you want samba/box step.

By choosing one I mean anytime you only take 3 people and do DD buffer mage, COR will be far better than a BRD. Anytime you have more than that, you would obviously want both. It works well for my trio because we do the lights SCs but obviously does not work as well if the DD isn't compatible with Last Stand/Wildfire.

I am sure a BRD could DD too and fairly well. The OP asked what cor can do, and it can do quite a lot in a trio and its way more fun than BRD I'm sure.

Obviously, for some particular mobs, COR has less usefulness but those don't count.
By Latifah 2013-04-12 02:34:22  
I tend to get set off easily by persistent stupidity and doomsaying. It pains me to see it when people don't even try to better themselves over such a long period of time.

And no, I'm 13 in 3 days and my dad is Justin Beiber, get it right. What's next, a quip about my post count?
You're boring and you keep repeating the same crap. I'm done with you.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2013-04-12 02:35:39  

By choosing one I mean anytime you only take 3 people and do DD buffer mage, COR will be far better than a BRD. Anytime you have more than that, you would obviously want both. It works well for my trio because we do the lights SCs but obviously does not work as well if the DD isn't compatible with Last Stand/Wildfire.

I am sure a BRD could DD too and fairly well. The OP asked what cor can do, and it can do quite a lot in a trio and its way more fun than BRD I'm sure.

Obviously, for some particular mobs, COR has less usefulness but those don't count.

Idk. The benefits of March and Elegy tend to outweigh whatever damage advantage a COR has over a BRD (remember, a BRD can do damage too!). Either one works, but if we're talking maximum efficiency then we'd probably have to go with a BRD over a COR for lowman.

You're boring and you keep repeating the same crap. I'm done with you.

Scamper back under your bridge then, little troll. Someone else will be around to feed you shortly.
 Bahamut.Cantontai
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Cantontai
By Bahamut.Cantontai 2013-04-12 02:38:05  
You're boring and you keep repeating the same crap.

Quick, someone get Alanis, I finally found a way to explain it to her!
[+]
 Siren.Froggis
By Siren.Froggis 2013-04-12 02:50:31  

Idk. The benefits of March and Elegy tend to outweigh whatever damage advantage a COR has over a BRD (remember, a BRD can do damage too!). Either one works, but if we're talking maximum efficiency then we'd probably have to go with a BRD over a COR for lowman.

In the content I listed in my first quoted portion doesnt need elegy or march, so why bother with brd when you can be just as quick with cor doing 3-5k WS on non piercing weak mobs with a DD closing you light SC. You /dnc to melee obviously which with proper rolls, you can easily keep up with your DD for tp. QD is free meditate essentially, reverse flourish, Aftermath and triple shot can self SC much more easily than a brd could. Perhaps you're thinking of more challenging content but not sure what trio content is challenging.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2013-04-12 02:50:39  
Bahamut.Cantontai said: »
You're boring and you keep repeating the same crap.

Quick, someone get Alanis, I finally found a way to explain it to her!

I careless about how much Sehachan contributed to these forums that only an specific group like you and Prothescarfool + only read/post/likes.
That's one of the least creative ways of attempting to bastardize someone's name that I've ever seen, but I'll still give you an E for effort.

People tend to listen to and respect the opinions of people who actually contribute meaningful information and dialogue to the community. You do neither of these things. You never have. I am confident that you never will. You're an irritant, a disease, and I'm honestly surprised that you've not been banned again by now. But hey, that's the way she goes.
 Bahamut.Cantontai
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Cantontai
By Bahamut.Cantontai 2013-04-12 02:50:48  
I careless about how much Sehachan contributed to these forums that only an specific group like you and Prothescarfool + only read/post/likes.

By Latifah 2013-04-12 02:54:47  

90 % Of those views are page refresh and visits/posting on the same thread by the same people.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2013-04-12 02:56:36  

In the content I listed in my first quoted portion doesnt need elegy or march, so why bother with brd when you can be just as quick with cor doing 3-5k WS on non piercing weak mobs with a DD closing you light SC. You /dnc to melee obviously which with proper rolls, you can easily keep up with your DD for tp. QD is free meditate essentially, reverse flourish, Aftermath and triple shot can self SC much more easily than a brd could. Perhaps you're thinking of more challenging content but not sure what trio content is challenging.

There's never a situation where you don't need march now that Embrava is so ***, and the value of Elegy is rarely ever set to 0. A melee BRD can contribute to the DPS of the group while giving more to the other DD(s) via March than the COR can with Chaos/Fighters/Whatever rolls.

Can this content be accomplished with either job? Yes.

Can either job fill the role if necessary? Yes.

Would I say COR is "better" than BRD in a majority of lowman situations? No.

They're both sufficient, BRD edges COR out due to stronger buffs when buffs are in low volume even though COR can push out more raw damage on its own than a meleeing BRD can. The damage dealt by the support job itself is supplementary, the main draw of either is how it augments the main tank+DD and enhances their damage in conjunction with how the support job operates on its own.

Don't get me wrong in thinking I'm saying never to bring a COR over a BRD for low man stuff, it's perfectly acceptable, but I'm not going to agree that it's the "ideal" choice.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Aelius
VIP
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Aelius
By Lakshmi.Aelius 2013-04-12 02:57:47  

90 % Of those views are page refresh and visits/posting on the same thread by the same people.

So? Still counts as a view. Hey, I got a suggestion for you. Could you bring something relevant to the topic?
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2013-04-12 02:59:55  

Myself and Seha get asked constantly every day by people, in the game and on these forums, questions about our respective jobs. I get tells every day thanking me for my BLU guide and telling me how it's made them better players, etc., as does Seha.

It's not the same people sitting there, F5ing the page, over and over. We're contributing to the community and helping people on a daily basis to advance themselves and get the most out of their enjoyment of their jobs. I know it's difficult for you to understand since you've never contributed anything meaningful to anyone, but it totally is a thing that happens.
 Phoenix.Kaparu
サーバ: Phoenix
user: Tsuko
By Phoenix.Kaparu 2013-04-12 03:00:50  
There's never a situation where you don't need march

All that needs to be said, really. There wasn't a single event named that wouldn't be best handled by a bard.

And hell, the value of bard increases in low-man situations. Elegy dramatically decreases time spent playing defensively
By Latifah 2013-04-12 03:03:41  

Myself and Seha get asked constantly every day by people, in the game and on these forums, questions about our respective jobs. I get tells every day thanking me for my BLU guide and telling me how it's made them better players, etc., as does Seha.

It's not the same people sitting there, F5ing the page, over and over. We're contributing to the community and helping people on a daily basis to advance themselves and get the most out of their enjoyment of their jobs. I know it's difficult for you to understand since you've never contributed anything meaningful to anyone, but it totally is a thing that happens.
Good for you. want a cookie?
Those views count are very inaccurate and irrelevant, the only people that ask questions on these forums are the same lukers that sits all day on these forums to post crap.
 Lakshmi.Aelius
VIP
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Aelius
By Lakshmi.Aelius 2013-04-12 03:05:25  
...are very inaccurate and irrelevant...

Just like your posts. Enjoy your topicban.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Afania
By Ragnarok.Afania 2013-04-12 03:07:44  

I run a bit of quick spreadsheet, with DRK mage COR or BRD setup, on dynamis DC. Use above avg set posted on DRK forum, minus SoA gears cuz I'm too lazy to add it. Target is dyna DC, LR down(in reality its not always down though)

DRK DPS with march x2(BRD/WHM in pt)=577.171
DRK DPS with Chaos/Fighter and haste samba(COR/DNC)=446.714
DRK DPS with march x2 and haste samba(BRD/DNC)=632.891

COR need to do 130 DPS to beat another BRD/WHM not doing anything, and 130 DPS is every easily attainable on COR(you should be able to do 200~260ish I think?). I can't find spreadsheet for DD BRD so I'm not sure how much DPS they can do, but BRD/DNC is 186 DPS ahead of COR/DNC with just buffs. As long as BRD/DNC can do 100 DPS it'd beat a COR. Which should be possible.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2013-04-12 03:09:18  
As long as BRD/DNC can do 100 DPS it'd beat a COR. Which should be possible.

Easily. Melee BRD really isn't bad in the situations that it's applicable
 Ragnarok.Afania
By Ragnarok.Afania 2013-04-12 03:14:20  

That's assuming BRD is meleeing though, 95% of BRD doesn't, and COR/DNC would>BRD not doing anything if there's only 1 DD in situations you don't need slow/ballad.

So in the end still depend on who's playing :>
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2013-04-12 03:16:19  
Yeah, goes both ways there though. Not terribly fair to assume that the BRD isn't meleeing but the COR is, I know plenty of those who don't even know that COR melee is a thing. Ineptitude is universal, luckily it's also controllable; /pcmd kick is the best thing ever.
 Siren.Froggis
By Siren.Froggis 2013-04-12 03:23:58  

That's assuming BRD is meleeing though, 95% of BRD doesn't, and COR/DNC would>BRD not doing anything if there's only 1 DD in situations you don't need slow/ballad.

So in the end still depend on who's playing :>

This really - I've never seen a BRD do what I've seen CORs do. So I am definitely biased.