フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Corsair » question about cor now
question about cor now
First Page 2 3
 Sylph.Kawar
サーバ: Sylph
Game: FFXI
user: Kawar
By Sylph.Kawar 2013-04-06 15:38:16  
I would like to know what is cors use now in party or at all.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
サーバ: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2013-04-06 15:40:21  
You're such a kawar.
[+]
 Bahamut.Fulgrim
サーバ: Bahamut
user: arouis
By Bahamut.Fulgrim 2013-04-06 15:43:00  
Two things:
1) You're a derp. Plain and simple.
2) Why ask this is the Spellcast Scripting section??
 Sylph.Kawar
By Sylph.Kawar 2013-04-06 15:44:11  
sorry i thought i was posting in the job forum i will have it moved.
 Cerberus.Pleebo
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2013-04-06 15:46:50  
@kawar, my future king

COR has high demand buffs and can deal ok to great damage depending on mob weaknesses.
 Bahamut.Bojack
user: Bojack316
By Bahamut.Bojack 2013-04-06 15:47:28  
Sylph.Kawar said: »
I would like to know what is cors use now in party or at all.

They use Guns, Ammo, Trump Cards, Quick Draw, Weaponskills, and Rolls.
 Sylph.Kawar
By Sylph.Kawar 2013-04-06 15:47:45  
If your not going to say something nice why post.But i put the request in with a mod to have it moved.
 Lakshmi.Hiku
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: squirrel
By Lakshmi.Hiku 2013-04-06 16:05:01  
CORs generally have 2 uses in a PT in the current way FFXI is played, which is pretty much the same as it was at 75 cap, only we don't pull mobs anymore cause we're horribly squishy.

As a buffer, CORs act similarly to BRDs with different enhancements. While we don't get marches, we do get rolls to enhance Regain, Attack, Double Attack, sTP, Crit. Hit Rate, and many others.

Unlike (most*) BRDs though, CORs are also capable of dealing damage in our idle time, since our rolls generally last much longer than songs. With the merited WS "Last Stand" CORs are pretty much like RNG, only with less accuracy. With Armageddon85+ or Bedlam+1~ (WoE) we gain access to an elemental WS "Wildfire" which uses pretty much the same build as "Leaden Salute" but deals much higher damage while eliminating the accuracy issues we may have landing a physical ranged WS on higher level mobs.

It is also a very fun job to play in my opinion, and can change it's use depending on the situation :D

*some BRDs may argue that they can assist DD with a mandau during their idle time, though as a Mandau99 holder and thf/rdm/brd99, I find this somewhat laughable at best when compared to what COR is capable of doing.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2013-04-06 16:17:08  
Marches are much more important, cor compensate this though adding its own damage. It's not above brd as a buffer, it's more like a sidegrade from it in an alliance.
 Bismarck.Snprphnx
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Snprphnx
By Bismarck.Snprphnx 2013-04-06 16:28:43  
it depends on the event and buffs. really, the only thing brd has over a cor is March and Scherzo. Any other buffs that cor and brd can both do, cors can do better, unless they hit an unlucky number.

with that said, i do feel a bard is often more versatile at times, due to having the ability to sing songs far faster than a cor can do rolls, making them incredibly valuable for full alliance swapping
[+]
 Lakshmi.Hiku
By Lakshmi.Hiku 2013-04-06 16:30:14  
Valefor.Sehachan said: »
Marches are much more important, cor compensate this though adding its own damage. It's not above brd as a buffer, it's more like a sidegrade from it in an alliance.

I'd agree with this statement. BRDs are definately more specialized buffers and marches are very important. BRDs can also get tossed between PTs allowing 1 brd to buff 2-3 PTs, while CORs rolls and recasts generally make doing more than 1 PT a chore. (BRD and COR work very well when used together to enhance their PT)

A fun thing to note though: CORs get very specialized rolls, and some effects that a BRD wont get. For the most part those rolls are rarely if ever used though. As of the most recent update, I've rediscovered "Gallant's Roll" which has the potential to give your PT an almost 8 minute (gear/merits allowed) PDT-30% buff. And since mobs are hurting us much more in Adoulin content like reives, I have decided to dust off that macro :D

***Edit***
This thread is about the use of CORs. BRDs are great buffers and marches are generally more desired by PTs, but really this isnt a BRD vs. COR thread. If a PT wants, it can have both for an even better effect than just 1 vs. the other :)
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2013-04-06 16:31:18  
With the embrava nerf I don't think there's any escaping marches anymore, is there?
 Lakshmi.Hiku
By Lakshmi.Hiku 2013-04-06 16:34:26  
With the embrava nerf I don't think there's any escaping marches anymore, is there?

My meebles and salvage 2.0 static still use Embrava, it just last less time than it did before. It still gives haste, just had the regain swapped. But it's a situational concept. When you bring a SCH vs. a WHM to an event, you pretty much planned on using Embrava for that 3 minute event.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2013-04-06 16:35:12  
They reduced haste as far as I remmeber.
 Lakshmi.Hiku
By Lakshmi.Hiku 2013-04-06 16:37:12  
They made it so you need a little more skill to reach haste cap, but it still caps at 25%
 Bismarck.Snprphnx
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Snprphnx
By Bismarck.Snprphnx 2013-04-06 16:48:49  
Lakshmi.Hiku said: »
They made it so you need a little more skill to reach haste cap, but it still caps at 25%

this is correct. its now 20 skill = 1% haste. so 500+ and you are capped at 25%
 Lakshmi.Hiku
By Lakshmi.Hiku 2013-04-06 16:56:33  
Choosing your buffer(s) is entirely situational though. Brds can do an entire alliance, CORs are pretty much limited to 1 PT, 2 if you have time to wait for it. If you bring a SCH, and are planning on using Embrava for 3 minutes, you may not need marches though BRD does have other songs. A SCH doesn't need to be in your PT to give you the effect though, and BRDs and CORs work well together to greatly enhance the DD in their PTs.

I don't see COR as this OMG-buffs! job, but it does hold a place in almost any situation as a combo buffer/DD, and does well to change it's buffs and playstyle with different situations.
 Bahamut.Bojack
user: Bojack316
By Bahamut.Bojack 2013-04-06 17:11:47  
They reduced haste as far as I remmeber.

The did reduce the haste. From BG Wiki before "(~33.3% haste at 500 or greater enhancing skill)"
 Ragnarok.Afania
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Afania
By Ragnarok.Afania 2013-04-11 02:13:13  
Choosing your buffer(s) is entirely situational though. Brds can do an entire alliance, CORs are pretty much limited to 1 PT, 2 if you have time to wait for it.

It's still very possible to buff several pts fast if you really want to, either by resetting JAs or do a No.11 before it. You shouldn't just
insist that COR can't do it and limit the potential of alliance performance.... using 1 COR in ally instead of 2~3 is more efficient.
 Bahamut.Havelock
user: Havelock
By Bahamut.Havelock 2013-04-11 02:34:03  
2 CORs can do 4 rolls on parties if you have time to buff (commonly used in Legion, could be used for Odin 2 as well, dont know where else would someone take 2 CORs), this way you will usualy give Chaos / Warriors / Tacticans / Hunters to melees and Chaos / Courser's / Tacticans / Hunters to RNGs. Wildfire sucks on Odin though.
 Carbuncle.Darktrance
サーバ: Carbuncle
By Carbuncle.Darktrance 2013-04-12 00:50:19  
Slightly off topic.

I remember when I had to do a 4 roll setup, and Luzaf's ring was something you macroed in rarely, because you didn't always want EVERYONE to get the rolls.

Pretty much now I just roll 2 attack buffs and pew pew the rest of the time.

There's been times I've offered mages rolls, and they've outright declined.

This may change a lil with new content.. most of my time had been Abyssea or Voidwatch.
 Cerberus.Senkyuutai
user: Yuffy
By Cerberus.Senkyuutai 2013-04-12 01:42:00  
CORs generally have 2 uses in a PT in the current way FFXI is played, which is pretty much the same as it was at 75 cap, only we don't pull mobs anymore cause we're horribly squishy.
- FFXI
- Being squishy

Pick one and only one.
 Cerberus.Kengo
user: Kengosama
By Cerberus.Kengo 2013-04-12 01:43:00  
Bahamut.Havelock said: »
2 CORs can do 4 rolls on parties if you have time to buff (commonly used in Legion, could be used for Odin 2 as well, dont know where else would someone take 2 CORs), this way you will usualy give Chaos / Warriors / Tacticans / Hunters to melees and Chaos / Courser's / Tacticans / Hunters to RNGs. Wildfire sucks on Odin though.

Wildfire doesn't suck on the adds however.....
 Cerberus.Meatster
user: Meatster
By Cerberus.Meatster 2013-04-12 01:50:56  
One trick for buffing 2 parties as a single cor. Spam some random roll none of the dds are going to use to 11 (usually tacts for me). Then run in buff the party with a good enough number. After that run out of range of them and bust it. You still have your first 11 and can keep on rolling chaos/fighters/evokers/rogues w/e for dds and mages. Not saying its the most efficient thing to do or best but when fighting something that dispels rolls doing this over and over makes keeping dds buffed much easier. Nothing I hate seeing more then say kalasutrax dispelling chaos/fighters and watching that corsair stand there like hes braindead cause he still has those rolls on him and he cant put them back on us.
By Latifah 2013-04-12 01:57:32  

You could just post this on your first reply. But this is expected from a Weaboo account that try so hard to act cool.
 Cerberus.Pleebo
user: Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2013-04-12 02:01:00  
[+]
 Cerberus.Kengo
user: Kengosama
By Cerberus.Kengo 2013-04-12 02:04:23  
Cerberus.Meatster said: »
One trick for buffing 2 parties as a single cor. Spam some random roll none of the dds are going to use to 11 (usually tacts for me). Then run in buff the party with a good enough number. After that run out of range of them and bust it. You still have your first 11 and can keep on rolling chaos/fighters/evokers/rogues w/e for dds and mages. Not saying its the most efficient thing to do or best but when fighting something that dispels rolls doing this over and over makes keeping dds buffed much easier. Nothing I hate seeing more then say kalasutrax dispelling chaos/fighters and watching that corsair stand there like hes braindead cause he still has those rolls on him and he cant put them back on us.

Not relevant when you're buffing three parties. Try that ***sometime, it's fun!
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2013-04-12 02:08:45  
My god. I thought I'd seen the extent of Latifah's idiocy, but he manages to confound and amaze with each post. It's almost as if, whatever force is binding what little credence to sanity he has is slowly being stripped away until there's nothing there but complete dumbfuckery.
First Page 2 3