フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Thief » For the Shinies! A Guide for Thief
For the Shinies! A Guide for Thief
First Page 2 3 ... 141 142 143 ... 262 263 264
 Ragnarok.Wheeldog
サーバ: Ragnarok
Game: FFXI
user: Wheeldog
By Ragnarok.Wheeldog 2016-07-14 19:22:42  
Just got lucky on Dark Matter Augment and got Herc Vest with WSD+8% ACC/ATT+16 Crit Rate+1%, am trying to how this will stack up against Adhemar+1/Meghanada+1 bodies for stacked/unstacked Rudra/Mandalic.
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
サーバ: Asura
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2016-07-14 23:05:00  
Ragnarok.Wheeldog said: »
Just got lucky on Dark Matter Augment and got Herc Vest with WSD+8% ACC/ATT+16 Crit Rate+1%, am trying to how this will stack up against Adhemar+1/Meghanada+1 bodies for stacked/unstacked Rudra/Mandalic.

Should be BiS. Certainly better than Adhemar+1 for WS.

Then it's 8 dex vs 3 WSD, and the WSD is going to win in almost every case.
 Ragnarok.Wheeldog
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Wheeldog
By Ragnarok.Wheeldog 2016-07-15 00:02:32  
Asura.Ladyofhonor said: »
Ragnarok.Wheeldog said: »

Should be BiS. Certainly better than Adhemar+1 for WS.

Then it's 8 dex vs 3 WSD, and the WSD is going to win in almost every case.

That's what I was thinking too, I just wanted to check since ATT/STR allways is hard for me to account for since Meghanada+1 has 3 STR and 24 ATT over the Herc.
By Boredwithyou 2016-07-19 19:24:09  
Ambush body bis for stacked? I might be overlooking something but 10dex random acc/atk 5wsd herc dont beat it?
Granted i have nvr used ss, just comparing bodies
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2016-07-19 19:28:53  
Boredwithyou said: »
Ambush body bis for stacked? I might be overlooking something but 10dex random acc/atk 5wsd herc dont beat it?

If you could manage to get perfect augs it would be slightly better. But I mean...not much, and totally not worth it.
[+]
By leaucant420 2016-07-21 01:32:27  
Ok.. So I just got back after a year break and I'm trying to figure out what the "Best in Slot" for TP and Rudras are currently today. I play with a BRD and WHM, so I always have capped magic haste. By any chance is someone willing to post the ultimate set and please list the augments so I know which path or augment I'm looking to get. Also to make things worse I do not own Vajra or relic or empy currently im using Ipetam : Augs include - DMG + 13, Acc + Attck +13, Dbl Attck +3
and off hand is Taming sari: Augs include - STR & DEX +7. I would appreciate the advice and yes, I'm on my way to making a Vajra
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2016-07-27 12:59:44  
Going to answer questions and brag in this post, here goes:

Here's my current Rudra's set for a stacked WS. Path B legs and Path D feet with Path A on head since I TP in it.

ItemSet 344038

Here's what I use for my low-acc TP:

ItemSet 344092

Most people will have you use Windbuffet+1 for belt and the Hetairoi ring can replace Petrov's (and I think I do that as well). I just have an aversion to Windbuffet.

And I melee'd Maju today and landed this:

[+]
 Sylph.Oraen
サーバ: Sylph
user: Gaztastic
By Sylph.Oraen 2016-07-27 13:08:04  
Honestly, I think Chiner's is better than Windbuffet anyways. With the stupid high TA rates THF gets, I actually don't see QA as being helpful. Not to mention the TA damage + from both Hetairoi and Chiner's. Been considering changing my Windbuffet to Chiner's even on BLU, too.
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2016-07-27 13:22:05  
Sylph.Oraen said: »
Honestly, I think Chiner's is better than Windbuffet anyways. With the stupid high TA rates THF gets, I actually don't see QA as being helpful. Not to mention the TA damage + from both Hetairoi and Chiner's. Been considering changing my Windbuffet to Chiner's even on BLU, too.

I honestly don't think it's that significant of a difference to care. Anytime I have to get really tight on a fight I instantly swap into Kentarch+1 for the acc anyway.
 Fenrir.Snaps
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Mojopojo
By Fenrir.Snaps 2016-07-27 16:50:07  
Chiner's is not better than Windbuffet. Justification for it is personal preference and not math. According to spreadsheets, it is worse. Also Dedition Earring and Ainias are better options if you don't need the accuracy. There isn't going to be one set that is best for everything although that goes without saying. I think the absolute best for low accuracy situations is the following.

ItemSet 343470
[+]
 Sylph.Oraen
サーバ: Sylph
user: Gaztastic
By Sylph.Oraen 2016-07-27 17:24:45  
Do you have a spreadsheet that accurately depicts the TA damage bonus? The last one I had for THF does not.
 Fenrir.Snaps
user: Mojopojo
By Fenrir.Snaps 2016-07-27 18:02:49  
I don't, this is based on Nightfyre's results.
By Verda 2016-07-27 18:35:55  

In b4 ppl start saying after the august update acc changes "you never could do this before the august update acc changes" or "you could only do that on XX or YY Job (of which THF will never be one listed) and no one did it".

Sylph.Oraen said: »
Do you have a spreadsheet that accurately depicts the TA damage bonus? The last one I had for THF does not.

I had one with it supported once, but haven't merged it with all the work I did, it's not better. It isn't hard to imagine why to me though, multihit is worth more than a 5% bonus in damage to a group of hits, not only for white damage which is the lesser contribution to damage but due tp gain which TA damage bonus doesn't help at all. I'm not saying that there isn't a point it couldn't overtake it but, 5% definitely isn't it. QA does devalue everything else, but it's still about 6 more swings worth of multihit in 100 attack rounds vs chiner's.
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2016-07-27 19:42:38  
Verda said: »

In b4 ppl start saying after the august update acc changes "you never could do this before the august update acc changes" or "you could only do that on XX or YY Job (of which THF will never be one listed) and no one did it".

Haha, yeah, tried meleeing it a week or two ago, succeeded tonight and right after the notes coming out saying eva/def nerfs coming, so real glad I got it in. First kill we did was like 6-7min being cautious, got a bit more focused after success and got under 3min right away. I am still a bit worried about SCing so was holding WS a bit, though.
[+]
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2016-07-27 23:06:41  
Fenrir.Snaps said: »
Chiner's is not better than Windbuffet. Justification for it is personal preference and not math. According to spreadsheets, it is worse. Also Dedition Earring and Ainias are better options if you don't need the accuracy. There isn't going to be one set that is best for everything although that goes without saying. I think the absolute best for low accuracy situations is the following.

At the same time math is based off of ideal WS conditions and that simply doesn't exist in any real world application. Spreadsheets give you a solid idea of gear comparisons but they are not 100% accurate because things change in fights, different procs happen, sometimes NM's move, different tp moves effect things, etc. There have been plenty of times I get all the way to 3k tp and still haven't ws'd for one reason or another. Does that mean I'm at DPS below my best? Absolutely. But it still happens. The DPS difference between Chiner's+1 and Windbuffet+1 is extremely minor in the grand scheme of things, and different real world (lol) conditions will close that gap even more.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2016-07-27 23:56:54  
Theorycrafting purely off near-ideal conditions hasn't been a thing for years. That includes the spreadsheets, though you don't need anything nearly that sophisticated to figure this one out.

White damage is potentially the least significant component of one's DPS nowadays, even in less than ideal situations. Chiner's doesn't actually offer a significant white damage boost over Windbuffet +1 (<0.5% difference on white damage alone), and Windbuffet +1 will improve WS frequency and/or damage (and any skillchains by extension) unless you're holding past 3k or exclusively using high TP Exenterator for some reason. Realistically, Windbuffet +1 is clearly the better option.
Guildwork Premium
By Quendi210 2016-07-28 00:01:23  
Fenrir.Snaps said: »

At the same time math is based off of ideal WS conditions and that simply doesn't exist in any real world application. Spreadsheets give you a solid idea of gear comparisons but they are not 100% accurate because things change in fights, different procs happen, sometimes NM's move, different tp moves effect things, etc. There have been plenty of times I get all the way to 3k tp and still haven't ws'd for one reason or another. Does that mean I'm at DPS below my best? Absolutely. But it still happens. The DPS difference between Chiner's+1 and Windbuffet+1 is extremely minor in the grand scheme of things, and different real world (lol) conditions will close that gap even more.

Earlier in the thread I asked for the math relating to a specific posted set where Byrth had over 50% Triple Attack. The immediate reply was Chiner's +1 is bad. It's not just a straight 5% increase when Triple Attack procs. When Quadruple Attack procs we don't get the gains from pieces (Hetairoi Ring, Toutatis's Cape) many THFs equip in their TP sets.
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2016-07-28 00:52:33  
Fenrir.Nightfyre said: »
Theorycrafting purely off near-ideal conditions hasn't been a thing for years. That includes the spreadsheets, though you don't need anything nearly that sophisticated to figure this one out.

White damage is potentially the least significant component of one's DPS nowadays, even in less than ideal situations. Chiner's doesn't actually offer a significant white damage boost over Windbuffet +1 (<0.5% difference on white damage alone), and Windbuffet +1 will improve WS frequency and/or damage (and any skillchains by extension) unless you're holding past 3k or exclusively using high TP Exenterator for some reason. Realistically, Windbuffet +1 is clearly the better option.

Sure. But if you read every post in regards to this I follow my comments with things like "It's not that significant." and "I switch out of it the second I need more acc". Chiner's +1 is my low acc tp set that I do not need to min/max dps on tightly because anything I use my low set on does not matter. I have so many stats in so many other slots the difference between 1-2 acc + 5% TA damage vs 2 QA is going to be a tiny fraction of my DPS. And I just successfully melee'd Maju and then got my aeonic tonight, a few DPS is not in any way what's holding my THF back on anything.
 Carbuncle.Doryll
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: Smacks
By Carbuncle.Doryll 2016-07-28 04:20:15  

Haha, yeah, tried meleeing it a week or two ago, succeeded tonight and right after the notes coming out saying eva/def nerfs coming, so real glad I got it in. First kill we did was like 6-7min being cautious, got a bit more focused after success and got under 3min right away. I am still a bit worried about SCing so was holding WS a bit, though.

Hello !

What's your setup for killing Maju in 6-7min please ? Do you need to make a skillchain order like BLM's strats ?
 Asura.Cicion
user: cicion
By Asura.Cicion 2016-07-28 05:15:55  
What evers getting me to 1000 tp the fastest / Ya snaps set is what ill be going for when i do my tp cape for thf
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2016-07-28 05:17:58  
Carbuncle.Doryll said: »

Hello !

What's your setup for killing Maju in 6-7min please ? Do you need to make a skillchain order like BLM's strats ?

Our setup was RUN/GEO/GEO/THF/COR/WHM. No skillchain order, though I held TP so Rudra > Rudra didn't sc too often.
 Carbuncle.Doryll
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: Smacks
By Carbuncle.Doryll 2016-07-28 06:35:28  
ok thank you i'll try this, bubbles are fury/frailty and vex/attunment ? RUN is for tank or for runes debuffs ?
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2016-07-28 06:38:07  
Did Torpor/Frailty and Dex/vex. RUN is tanking. Backdraft is fire-based AOE, so magic evasion negates it mostly.
[+]
 Odin.Llewelyn
サーバ: Odin
user: Llewelyn
By Odin.Llewelyn 2016-07-28 06:51:52  
Don't even need a WHM if you're using a RUN tank assuming they're in PDT gear and not melee gear trying to deal damage. The support jobs can take care of the RUN. Did solo THF DD like a month ago with RUN THF GEO BRD COR RDM. Most of my cures, hastes and -na's came from my cor mule 'cause Ihina sucks at triple boxing. Being able to avoid Backdraft completely by positioning on the opposite side of the tank makes it pretty laughable for melee if you do decide to bring a real tank job in your setup.
[+]
Guildwork Premium
By Quendi210 2016-07-28 14:17:05  
Odin.Llewelyn said: »
Don't even need a WHM if you're using a RUN tank assuming they're in PDT gear and not melee gear trying to deal damage. The support jobs can take care of the RUN. Did solo THF DD like a month ago with RUN THF GEO BRD COR RDM. Most of my cures, hastes and -na's came from my cor mule 'cause Ihina sucks at triple boxing. Being able to avoid Backdraft completely by positioning on the opposite side of the tank makes it pretty laughable for melee if you do decide to bring a real tank job in your setup.

The linkshell I'm in has been using RNGs to do Maju since our first kill since we have lots of support. Even with a PLD you don't need a WHM. Our main heal for it has been a Geo. I don't think I could find many people to do a melee attempt AND let me go THF because there's still too many that view THF as TH only.
 Bismarck.Ihina
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Ihina
By Bismarck.Ihina 2016-07-28 14:25:30  
I'm amazing at 3boxing, as long as I only take care of myself.
[+]
By Afania 2016-07-28 14:28:35  
Odin.Llewelyn said: »

Just to add a little bit more info, opposite side of tank and max melee range to avoid.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
By Boshi 2016-08-05 16:06:16  
Boredwithyou said: »

If you could manage to get perfect augs it would be slightly better. But I mean...not much, and totally not worth it.
Difference between ambuskadi and -perfect- herc fern is (dex10 att40 wsd5)

CritD5 str3 agi8
Vs
Wsd5 dex2
 Leviathan.Louisoix
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Louisoix
By Leviathan.Louisoix 2016-08-10 20:23:49  
Okay, so I'll admit i didn't do much digging in this thread. I was once a Mythic thf a couple of years ago, but lost that character. I had optimal gear sets for every situation back then. Since I've returned my THF has been only for farming purposes. I'd like to get back into being a Major THF. Yes I'm aware BLU is the flavor that's in everyone's mouth for what seems to be the foreseeable future. I've never really given BLU a chance tbh. So main questions here are. With as much TA rate that THF's have now with gifts and gear options, Is Mythic out done by this newer Aeonic? And if so what should be the target offhand? AG Empy? The gear i can pretty much figure out for myself. Just curious if Vajra is worth the time/gil sink for it anymore. Thanks in advance. :)
First Page 2 3 ... 141 142 143 ... 262 263 264