言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Bard » You Spoony Guide! - A Troubadour's Libretto
You Spoony Guide! - A Troubadour's Libretto
First Page 2 3 ... 15 16 17 ... 61 62 63
By Ophannus 2014-05-03 15:37:55  
Is BRD M.acc generally low? I'm guessing it is since that's why we have ridiculous M.acc on our AF2 and AF1 reforged. Also I noticed both AF1 and AF2 have the exact same CHR and M.acc, the only diff being the various other stat vomit and lack or presence of Singing/Wind/String Skill.

Also is it possible to land debuffs like Lullaby on the Tarus in Tenzen fight on Difficult with good m.acc, without troubodour? And lastly how important is singing/wind merits for BRD? I'm not a BRD main and don't have space for meritting those skills(using elemental/enfeebling/blue/enhancing)
[+]
 Bismarck.Dubai
サーバ: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
user: Enitsu
By Bismarck.Dubai 2014-05-03 22:27:54  
The taru on the right is generally not a threat to the PT. Seen him only cast Aevo 4-5 on target(targeted me since I was tryna sleep him but sometimes could and that's with full Debuff set.
 Lakshmi.Fobby
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Fobby
By Lakshmi.Fobby 2014-05-03 22:34:08  
I've never had a problem landing NiTro lullaby on the first shot. However once they wake up, it may take a few tries to sleep the taru on the right even with a close to ideal M.Acc setup. I have seen him cast Meteor.
 Quetzalcoatl.Waffless
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
user: Waff
By Quetzalcoatl.Waffless 2014-05-04 09:39:13  
Siren.Bruno said: »
Bihu Cuffs +1 are slightly better than Lurid Mitts.

Ok thanks.
By Ophannus 2014-05-04 10:31:59  
I wonder if he can be stunned. Otherwise you can rotate ES and Troubador, then hope for Random Deal refresh one or both of those JA's then Wild Card too. Additionally if the blm is susceptible to stun, just wait till he casts meteor and stun it since that's really his only damaging spell.
By kithaofcerb 2014-05-04 12:24:24  
Quetzalcoatl.Waffless said: »
Lurid Mitts or Bihu Cuffs +1 for debuffs?

What other Macc pieces are super important? I would love to be able to post my set and have people say what I need.
 Shiva.Tedril
サーバ: Shiva
user: Tedril
By Shiva.Tedril 2014-05-04 13:41:02  
kithaofcerb said: »
Quetzalcoatl.Waffless said: »
Lurid Mitts or Bihu Cuffs +1 for debuffs?

What other Macc pieces are super important? I would love to be able to post my set and have people say what I need.
bihu legs and head +1 are great, rhapsode's cape is great too sang is good for a finger slot, storm earring set...
By kithaofcerb 2014-05-04 16:39:15  
Don't Gwati/Musical come out to more Macc than Storm earrings?
By Ophannus 2014-05-04 16:40:24  
AF1/2 entire set, every piece has like 20-29 m.acc on it and like 25-33CHR.
 Quetzalcoatl.Waffless
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
user: Waff
By Quetzalcoatl.Waffless 2014-05-04 16:55:01  
Pretty sure the set posted on the first page is still ideal or close to it for debuffs, just wasn't sure about the hands since a pretty good brd I know said lurid were better than Bihu +1.
 Siren.Bruno
サーバ: Siren
user: BruHouse
By Siren.Bruno 2014-05-04 17:09:32  
kithaofcerb said: »
Don't Gwati/Musical come out to more Macc than Storm earrings?

Yes, the combination has 1 more M.Acc than the Storm earring set.
 Odin.Calipso
サーバ: Odin
user: Calipso
By Odin.Calipso 2014-05-04 17:12:14  
Lurid = 19 chr, 23 macc. (approx total = 33)
Bihu +1 = 23 chr, 13 macc, 11 wind skill. (approx total = 25, or 36 for wind instrument)

Personally, I just use Lurid since I had them already. Lurid will also win if you're casting in a harp for w/e reason. For horn songs, Bihu +1 should be ahead by 2~3 points.
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Byrthnoth
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2014-05-04 18:33:05  
So, recently people have been determining the stats of level 100+ monsters, and it seems that they get massive base stat boosts. 200 base stat, etc.

If we assume that CHR works like INT, and you get +1 MAcc per CHR until you have 10~15 more CHR than your target, then we can probably safely say that 1 CHR = 1 MAcc against high level foes. I personally optimize my MAcc sets for the most resistant cases, so it makes sense for me to assume that 1 CHR = 1 MAcc right now.
 Siren.Bruno
By Siren.Bruno 2014-05-05 15:24:56  
Taking Byrth's post into account, I remade the current most optimal debuff set, assuming the CHR to Magic Accuracy ratio is 1:1, the set only came out to a slight difference in change:

ItemSet 321745ItemSet 323180

The set on the right is the one assuming these changes, the only differences being the back piece(Kumbira Cape), and then the second ring slot (Dawnsoul Ring)
By Creecreelo 2014-05-05 16:13:48  
Perhaps change Musical to enchanter's earring in the second set.
[+]
 Siren.Bruno
By Siren.Bruno 2014-05-05 16:19:27  
didn't catch that, thanks Creelo :) so 3 differences between the two sets then!
By Ophannus 2014-05-05 21:27:31  
What do people use as a dummy song during JA's since Hymnus isn't an option?

Also how long should songs be lasting with:
JAs, Legato, AF3 body, apollo horn(+3), Bihu+1 feet
 Ragnarok.Sekundes
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Sekundes
By Ragnarok.Sekundes 2014-05-05 22:59:27  
Ophannus said: »
What do people use as a dummy song during JA's since Hymnus isn't an option?

Also how long should songs be lasting with:
JAs, Legato, AF3 body, apollo horn(+3), Bihu+1 feet

Paeons are the most frequently used but technically any spell works so long as it doesn't have a duration mod on SV. You can even use the spell itself if you want, but that requires some form or fashion of set up to make sure the first time you cast it, it uses daurdabla and the second time used your potency instrument.

120 sec base
6 sec: legato
12 sec: empy body
36 secs: +3 instrument
~13.2 secs: Bihu +1 (I honestly don't know how the +1 rounds on this so I'll just base it on a precise 11%)

So that totals:187.2
With N/T it doubles to: 274.4 secs (4m 34.4s)

But, your set is forgetting the the Empy neck which is another 12 secs or 24 sec under N/T as well as the +1 for the various bits of empy +2 gear. So Head: madrigal, Body: Minuet(technically already covered as you wear it for the normal duration bonus), Hands: March, Legs: Ballad, Feet: Scherzo(This one obviously can't stack with Bihu+1 )

So for those various songs, you can get up to another 12 / 24.

So march march minuet would all last

211.2 (3m 31.2s)or 422.4 (7m 2.4s) with N/T

Tired maths so someone may want to check over my numbers.
By Ophannus 2014-05-05 23:44:59  
Yeah I guess I'll use Herb Pastoral since my xml uses Oneiros Harp for Paeons. Also duration+ affect enfeebling songs too right? Gonna make a rule to switch to duration gear in the precast when NiTro is active which should be helpful for lullaby on tarus during Tenzen fight.
 Ragnarok.Tokuzi
user: Bodille
By Ragnarok.Tokuzi 2014-05-05 23:45:31  
I think you guys mean Brioso Slippers +1 has song duration+11, Bihu set has no duration at all only spellcasting time -
 Ragnarok.Sekundes
user: Sekundes
By Ragnarok.Sekundes 2014-05-05 23:56:52  
Ragnarok.Tokuzi said: »
I think you guys mean Brioso Slippers +1 has song duration+11, Bihu set has no duration at all only spellcasting time -
Ah, being lazy catches up to me again. The names of these new sets don't really stay with me very well and I saw it mentioned as Bihu and carried on without checking it ^^;
By Ophannus 2014-05-06 00:10:52  
Does +1 on an instrument/armor piece for a song increase accuracy or just duration. Say for example the hands with +1 lullaby. Wondering if it's worth it to use these over relic+1 or lurid for lullaby especially considering how evasive nms that are slept like shark and tarus.
 Asura.Loire
サーバ: Asura
user: Bunnygod
By Asura.Loire 2014-05-06 00:20:27  
Ophannus said: »
Does +1 on an instrument/armor piece for a song increase accuracy or just duration. Say for example the hands with +1 lullaby. Wondering if it's worth it to use these over relic+1 or lurid for lullaby especially considering how evasive nms that are slept like shark and tarus.
Unless there has been recent testing its just duration for lullaby. Can make sets based on what your doing, though it is easy enough to find that macc elsewhere in gear now.
 Carbuncle.Killkenny
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: Killkenny
By Carbuncle.Killkenny 2014-05-06 05:37:15  
Why are people still asking about dummy songs after the last update?

Sing marches first and you will have low enough recast timers to just cast the same song once in harp and once in ghorn.
 Ragnarok.Sprinter
user: Sprinters
By Ragnarok.Sprinter 2014-05-06 08:11:16  
Old post by Kanican on his livejournal says "Singing Skill affects accuracy like other skills for other jobs, but Wind affects it only at 1/3rd the rate other skills in terms of resists." with ffxi hunter bible version 2 (jp) as the source.

Was there any follow up testing on this? Would effect debuff gear choices alot if so. Lurid Mitts vs Bihu Cuffs +1 being one example.
By Ophannus 2014-05-06 13:48:02  
Someone in my LS said you can keep up the extra songs from Clarion Call even after the SP wears off by continuing to refresh the songs before they wear off, is that true?

Also if im doing JA songs in a 6 man fight like a BCNM and WHM gets hit with NiTro march/min how can I give them 3x ballads after that or am I not able to until the JA songs wear off?
 Fenrir.Motenten
VIP
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Motenten
By Fenrir.Motenten 2014-05-06 14:50:09  
My habit had always been to do Marches first, but with Daur I'm finding it's better to do Marches last, when accounting for mages.

Rather than March/March/dummy-Min/dummy-Min/Min/Min, then Ballad/Ballad (which ends up giving the mages min/min/ballad/ballad; need additional songs to push marches back on them, and potentially running out of N/T time if there's party swapping), changing it to Min/Min/dummy-March/dummy-March/March/March, then Ballad/Ballad on the mages (so they end up with march/march/ballad/ballad).

With only three songs, I'd just use a standard dummy song such as Goblin Gavotte to avoid timer issues. Otherwise the same deal.

This assumes that people are generally gathered together when I start putting up songs, so that mages get hit by everything during the initial pass to get the extra songs on everyone. Then I can run to the back to get the mages using the horn and not hit the melee.

If N/T wears off before you get ballads on the mages, though, you can only give them a single ballad for the next ~3.5 minutes (ie: when normal songs start lasting longer than the remaining time on the N/T songs). Any other ballad you sing will just overwrite the ballad you just gave them. I've had this happen a few times; very annoying, particularly when you don't realize you're overwriting the same song over and over.

Note: as a mage, I will almost always prefer 2x ballad + a march over 3x ballad. Anything that could stress my MP enough to need 3x ballads is probably also something that I can't cast fast enough on, so I'm more likely to need lower spell timers. Anything that doesn't stress my MP enough to need 3x ballads is something I'd prefer a march for for extra convenience.
 Carbuncle.Sambb
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: Sambb
By Carbuncle.Sambb 2014-05-06 15:13:25  
Fenrir.Motenten said: »
My habit had always been to do Marches first, but with Daur I'm finding it's better to do Marches last, when accounting for mages.

Rather than March/March/dummy-Min/dummy-Min/Min/Min, then Ballad/Ballad (which ends up giving the mages min/min/ballad/ballad; need additional songs to push marches back on them, and potentially running out of N/T time if there's party swapping), changing it to Min/Min/dummy-March/dummy-March/March/March, then Ballad/Ballad on the mages (so they end up with march/march/ballad/ballad).

With only three songs, I'd just use a standard dummy song such as Goblin Gavotte to avoid timer issues. Otherwise the same deal.

This assumes that people are generally gathered together when I start putting up songs, so that mages get hit by everything during the initial pass to get the extra songs on everyone. Then I can run to the back to get the mages using the horn and not hit the melee.

If N/T wears off before you get ballads on the mages, though, you can only give them a single ballad for the next ~3.5 minutes (ie: when normal songs start lasting longer than the remaining time on the N/T songs). Any other ballad you sing will just overwrite the ballad you just gave them. I've had this happen a few times; very annoying, particularly when you don't realize you're overwriting the same song over and over.

Note: as a mage, I will almost always prefer 2x ballad + a march over 3x ballad. Anything that could stress my MP enough to need 3x ballads is probably also something that I can't cast fast enough on, so I'm more likely to need lower spell timers. Anything that doesn't stress my MP enough to need 3x ballads is something I'd prefer a march for for extra convenience.

The ballad thing has totally caught me out too, I only noticed the other day when checking songs active on me that only 1 ballad was up but I had double marches along side it and I was like "I am sure I used ballad 3 and 2..."
First Page 2 3 ... 15 16 17 ... 61 62 63