The Parthenon: A Warrior's Kyklos
First Page 2 3 ... 90 91 92 ... 224 225 226
 Sylph.Atigevomega
サーバ: Sylph
Game: FFXI
By Sylph.Atigevomega 2017-09-25 15:14:44  
Odin.Slore said: »
ItemSet 353383

Looking for some help with my resolution set. Not getting the good numbers im looking for but not sure where I am going wrong. I know I need regal ring but keep losing lots on it, will get eventually.

Paths for argosy +1 are recommended paths from guide.

I would change to a different Ammo piece possibly one with STR. Ill post my personal set below, but it is imperfect. Maybe Regal Ring? I do not have niq ring yet. Do you have Utu Grip? Also no Ishvara, WSD only affects the first hit of your ws. I would go with Brutal/Cessence/Telos few different options here. Whats your acc in that set?

My set: ItemSet 353385

Sorry If the picture doesnt come up, unsure how to do that.
 Asura.Saevel
サーバ: Asura
By Asura.Saevel 2017-09-25 16:43:24  
DirectX said: »
What cannot be killed with that set up in all escha zones?

Originally CL135 content required 1500+ accuracy and this was long before the BRD update. People used GEO + SCH + BLMs to magic burst everything from a safe distance. It took a lot of convincing and I had to demonstrate it with ultra fast kills, but eventually people caught on that melee worked just fine though it required a ***ton of buffs.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2017-09-25 16:45:07  
Odin.Slore said: »
ItemSet 353383

Looking for some help with my resolution set. Not getting the good numbers im looking for but not sure where I am going wrong. I know I need regal ring but keep losing lots on it, will get eventually.

Paths for argosy +1 are recommended paths from guide.

You aren't a DRK, stop using WSD and thinking that most of Resolutions damage is on the first hit.

ItemSet 342760

There are two things you can do with Argosy +1, first is what most people will do and go for Path A on all except Head / Hands which are path D. The second way is you go with Path D on Body / Legs for the extra Store TP which may let you drop more Multi-Attack into your TP build. That second one requires a bit higher gear level as losing DEX means losing some accuracy.
By BlaTheTaru 2017-09-25 16:56:42  
Does War get access to movement speed + equipment?

Edit: Aside from the adoulin ring. I won't give up weatherspoon. sch4life
 Lakshmi.Ashtopcat
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: ashtopcat
By Lakshmi.Ashtopcat 2017-09-25 17:12:55  
hermes sandals
By BlaTheTaru 2017-09-25 17:14:07  
Ty
 Shiva.Siviard
サーバ: Shiva
user: Siviard
By Shiva.Siviard 2017-09-26 10:03:13  
Was having a small debate prior to our LS event last night about a couple of things regarding the Fotia pieces, and I was wondering about a couple of things.

1. Is there a cap for WS DMG via gear? Some were saying 50% cap, some were saying uncapped.

2. The latent on the Fotia pieces only applies to the first hit of the WS in a multi-hit WS, correct?

3. Does the latent on Fotia apply to magic based WS like Cloudsplitter for example?
 Leviathan.Isiolia
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Isiolia
By Leviathan.Isiolia 2017-09-26 10:12:27  
Not sure on #1.

#2 depends on WS. Some do carry fTP to all hits though most do not.

#3 yes, though it might not be as beneficial as other gear.
 Cerberus.Mrkillface
サーバ: Cerberus
user: bitchtits
By Cerberus.Mrkillface 2017-09-26 10:12:54  
The description is messed up on Fotia. Fotia isn't actually WS damage+ like other gear. It just adds to the ftp .
By Pankas 2017-09-26 10:17:53  
Hey guys,
As i love to spread my love around (after some break trying to bring few jobs up there), should i get Argosi NQ or there is other cheap (like af) pieces i can substitute?
Main weapon is Conqueror, I do have 3 af+3 pieces (legs/feet and need to go trade body).
 Siren.Kyte
サーバ: Siren
By Siren.Kyte 2017-09-26 10:50:20  
No to a cap on +WSD, and in regards to Fotia, the only requirement is that it must have an SC attribute.
 Asura.Azagarth
user: Azagarth
By Asura.Azagarth 2017-09-26 11:10:37  
Pankas said: »
Hey guys,
As i love to spread my love around (after some break trying to bring few jobs up there), should i get Argosi NQ or there is other cheap (like af) pieces i can substitute?
Main weapon is Conqueror, I do have 3 af+3 pieces (legs/feet and need to go trade body).

if your on a budget then ya af+3 will work. Your not going to beat a properly built war, but you wont deal 0 dmg either. If your group is okay with you dealing a bit less dmg to have more jobs with avg gear too, you will be fine. If you can swing it I would suggest buying HQ argosy hands and head though and aug them path D.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2017-09-26 11:51:51  
Shiva.Siviard said: »
Was having a small debate prior to our LS event last night about a couple of things regarding the Fotia pieces, and I was wondering about a couple of things.

1. Is there a cap for WS DMG via gear? Some were saying 50% cap, some were saying uncapped.

2. The latent on the Fotia pieces only applies to the first hit of the WS in a multi-hit WS, correct?

3. Does the latent on Fotia apply to magic based WS like Cloudsplitter for example?

Fotia is a mis-translation that has plagued this game since SE released it. It's not WS Damage +10% but fTP +0.10 (actually 100/1024). fTP bonus's apply to the first hit only, unless the WS specifically copies that value which Resolution does. The +fTP values are applied to magic WS's though they aren't always the best options if a MAB one is available.

Pankas said: »
Hey guys,

What slot are you discussing? WAR AF+3 feet are amazing all around, legs are a toss up and depend what else you have in that slot, body is for WS's with a single high fTP hit only. NQ Argosy or Augmented Valorous will usually be BiS for WS's, HQ Argosy is just WTF awesome for pure STR WS's.

If your using Conq majority then your spamming King's Justice, which acts a lot like Resolution until your over 2000 TP and then WSD starts taking over. It doesn't copy fTP but the WSDMG +30% is applied to total damage which includes multi-attacks.
 Shiva.Siviard
By Shiva.Siviard 2017-09-26 13:58:51  
Asura.Saevel said: »

Fotia is a mis-translation that has plagued this game since SE released it. It's not WS Damage +10% but fTP +0.10 (actually 100/1024). fTP bonus's apply to the first hit only, unless the WS specifically copies that value which Resolution does. The +fTP values are applied to magic WS's though they aren't always the best options if a MAB one is available.

I'm still working on getting my Fotia Neck still, and I've yet to test my Cloudsplitter damage with just the Fotia Belt, so I'm still unsure which would be better for it.

My current gear in my Cloudsplitter set are Sanctity Necklace (MAB +10, M. Acc +10) and Eschan Stone (MAB +7, M. Acc +7) Would that be better than a +0.20 fTP increase?
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2017-09-26 16:18:16  

I'm still working on getting my Fotia Neck still, and I've yet to test my Cloudsplitter damage with just the Fotia Belt, so I'm still unsure which would be better for it.

My current gear in my Cloudsplitter set are Sanctity Necklace (MAB +10, M. Acc +10) and Eschan Stone (MAB +7, M. Acc +7) Would that be better than a +0.20 fTP increase?

Are you single wielding (Fencer) or dual wielding (TP gain speed)? The TP bonus from fencer diminish's Fotia's benefit somewhat. Also Fotia isn't a "all or nothing" item, you don't have to use both, so it's best to compare them individually. Baetyl Pendant is +13 MAB which might be stronger then 0.1 fTP, highly unlikely that 7 MAB will be stronger then 0.1 fTP in most scenarios.
 Shiva.Siviard
By Shiva.Siviard 2017-09-26 16:24:26  

Are you single wielding (Fencer) or dual wielding (TP gain speed)? The TP bonus from fencer diminish's Fotia's benefit somewhat. Also Fotia isn't a "all or nothing" item, you don't have to use both, so it's best to compare them individually. Baetyl Pendant is +13 MAB which might be stronger then 0.1 fTP, highly unlikely that 7 MAB will be stronger then 0.1 fTP in most scenarios.

Single wield. WAR/RDM using WSD Shield
 Phoenix.Thorbean
サーバ: Phoenix
user: Thorbean
By Phoenix.Thorbean 2017-09-26 16:52:18  
Depends how much MAB you have already and how much effective TP you have during WS.

WSing at 1k with WAR fencer, blurred shield, bolli legs, and moonshade, puts you at around 7.0 http://ftp. 0.1 ftp = ~1.4% increase.

At 100MAB, before belt and neck, 10MAB is a 5% damage increase, and at 300MAB, 10MAB is a 2.5% damage increase.
By Mindi 2017-09-26 17:10:18  
Hello, i recetly came back after about 3 1/2 years break. So back then i quite liked WAR and had Ukon119... Now i am wondering, should i just get that Minos and augment it nad let Ukon collect even more dust? (For Progress... we just reached Reisenshima or w/e its called. Still have lot of catching up to do)
 Shiva.Siviard
By Shiva.Siviard 2017-09-26 18:09:23  
Phoenix.Thorbean said: »
Depends how much MAB you have already and how much effective TP you have during WS.

WSing at 1k with WAR fencer, blurred shield, bolli legs, and moonshade, puts you at around 7.0 http://ftp. 0.1 ftp = ~1.4% increase.

At 100MAB, before belt and neck, 10MAB is a 5% damage increase, and at 300MAB, 10MAB is a 2.5% damage increase.

I haven't been using Boii legs. Instead, I've been using Odyssean legs with MAB +25 and WS DMG +2% augment. I do have everything else you mentioned.

As it stands now, I've got 187 MAB and WS DMG +33% not counting Fotia Belt in my set. 194 MAB with Eschan Stone in the set.
By BlaTheTaru 2017-09-26 18:12:42  
I'd spend the gil to AG it. My LS leader has one and it's a very strong weapon.
 Shiva.Siviard
By Shiva.Siviard 2017-09-26 18:27:06  
Well, something interesting for you to chew on, Saevel.

Just did some testing at 3000 TP to see what would be better. Eschan Stone (+7 MAB) or the Fotia Belt.

3000 TP Cloudsplitter on Blanched Mandragora

Eschan Stone - 14648
Fotia Belt - 14497

So MAB +7 is actually superior to the Fotia Belt latent with regard to Cloudsplitter
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2017-09-26 18:42:05  
So MAB +7 is actually superior to the Fotia Belt latent with regard to Cloudsplitter

That's cause your at 3000TP.

Quote:
in most scenarios.

Now if you have Fencer + Warcry then
1000 + 250 + 700 + 780 (Blurred +1).

But if your dual wielding without Warcry up then it's worth a bit more. Then add in Malaise and yeah.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2017-09-26 18:45:33  
Mindi said: »
Hello, i recetly came back after about 3 1/2 years break. So back then i quite liked WAR and had Ukon119... Now i am wondering, should i just get that Minos and augment it nad let Ukon collect even more dust? (For Progress... we just reached Reisenshima or w/e its called. Still have lot of catching up to do)

Depends on how much effort you want to spend and how easy Chango, Aganoshe is to get and what your other gear is like. Ukon is the weakest out of the super GAXE's (Bravura is a special category), and how much your willing to invest when another item will do almost as good and you need to dump tons of gil into TP and WS gear.

Of the super GAXE's the only two that stand out are Chango and Bravura. Chango because it lets you do crazy SC damage and really powers up GAXE's strongest WS, Bravura because it's -DT properties let you go nearly full DD and still take big hits like their nothing. Ukon would be worth a lot more if Ukko's wasn't so shitty or Upheaval had a STR mod instead of a VIT one. Ukkon was amazing in the past because Ukko's was the strongest GAXE WS and it was the only way to get it. Key part of that statement is the word was. Now other WS's are stronger and anyone can use Ukko's without needing the weapon.
 Phoenix.Thorbean
By Phoenix.Thorbean 2017-09-26 19:36:11  

I haven't been using Boii legs. Instead, I've been using Odyssean legs with MAB +25 and WS DMG +2% augment. I do have everything else you mentioned.

As it stands now, I've got 187 MAB and WS DMG +33% not counting Fotia Belt in my set. 194 MAB with Eschan Stone in the set.

The relative increase will remain the same regardless of your WSD% iirc.
At 187 MAB, +10 MAB will increase your damage by 3.48%. +7 MAB = 2.44% extra damage.

Even at 1k tp, no moonshade, no fencer, I believe 10MAB is > Fotia, until you pass ~250-270MAB.

3.75 base ftp
0.1 ftp = 2.66% damage increase

+10 MAB at 300 base = 2.5% damage increase (worse than Fotia)
+10 MAB at 250 base = 2.86% damage increase (better than Fotia)
+10 MAB at 200 base = 3.33% damage increase (better than Fotia)

Edit: Obviously not counting the chance to not expend TP, could bump fotia % increase by 1 to roughly account for that.
 Asura.Arico
user: Tename
By Asura.Arico 2017-09-26 19:59:19  
For great axe, are there any situations where chango isn't the best choice? I'd imagine maybe Bravura for some offtanking or conq if you really need that berserk bonus?
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2017-09-26 20:18:05  
Obviously not counting the chance to not expend TP, could bump fotia % increase by 1 to roughly account for that.

That + 900 Dunna Maliase, which is what should be present if your using CS. -30 MDB kinda changes the mRatio calcs, which is why you should be using instead of straight MAB.

300 MAB is 400 MATK, with NQ Maliase and a target with 100 MDEF, you get 400/70 = 5.714 mRatio. +7MAb gives you 407/70 = 5.814, so 1.75% increase.

At 196 MAB, so 296 MATK and a target with 100 MDEF your looking at

296/70 = 4.22 mRatio vs 303/70 = 4.32 mRatio, 2.3% difference.

Now add in acumen, BoG + Ecliptic and it gets more extreme. If there's an Idris present mRatio is even higher and that 7 MAB means even less.

It's about diminishing returns, there comes a point where adding more MAB doesn't move the needle much while you can still add more fTP .
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2017-09-26 20:34:51  
Asura.Arico said: »
For great axe, are there any situations where chango isn't the best choice? I'd imagine maybe Bravura for some offtanking or conq if you really need that berserk bonus?

Bravura for if you need to stay alive and still deal high damage. Conq does the same thing as Rag only slightly weaker, Ukkon is a weaker version of Conq and only useful if you spend a lot of time Amnesiad.

It boils down to the best GAXE WS is Upheaval and it's 85% VIT. Then Ukko's Fury is only two hits that don't copy fTP and have low total http://fTP.
 Phoenix.Thorbean
By Phoenix.Thorbean 2017-09-26 22:28:33  
That + 900 Dunna Maliase, which is what should be present if your using CS. -30 MDB kinda changes the mRatio calcs, which is why you should be using instead of straight MAB.

OP didn't specify a value for target MDB so I didn't include it and didn't want to assume what buffs were and weren't present.

Edit: Since -MDB applies to base MRatio (base becomes 2 at -50) and ratio from MAB, the %increase should remain the same no?

TL:DR
It's situational depending on external debuffs.
 Ramuh.Austar
サーバ: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2017-09-26 22:52:25  
target mdb doesn't matter anyways.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2017-09-26 23:03:21  

OP didn't specify a value for target MDB so I didn't include it and didn't want to assume what buffs were and weren't present. If you want to account for -MDB just multiply the %increase from MAB by 0.7 for -30MDB and 0.5 for -50MDB, and compare to the %increase 0.1ftp nets you.

TL:DR
It's situational depending on external debuffs.

*Cough*

Baetyl Pendant is +13 MAB which might be stronger then 0.1 fTP, highly unlikely that 7 MAB will be stronger then 0.1 fTP in most scenarios.

Its

Magic Attack Bonus

As in is added to your base Magic Attack, the same as Magic Defense Bonus is added to your base Magic Defense. By default everything has 100 Magic Attack and 100 Magic Defense, then SE adjusts based on class or family. You can't just multiply by a value that is added, especially since iLevel content doesn't usually have 100 MDEF.

EX
Player +200 MAB for 300 Magic Attack
Target 150 MDEF

300/150 = 2.0
300/(150-30) = 2.5
200 * .7 = 140

People need to wrap their heads around the fact that Matk and Mdef exist and that the ratio of those two is what we use. The effect of this is very pronounced on CL130+ boss targets. Stop using the old method when everyone assumed 0 was the base for magic damage.
First Page 2 3 ... 90 91 92 ... 224 225 226