(Don't) Fear The Reaper: A Dark Knight Guide

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Dark Knight » (Don't) Fear the Reaper: A Dark Knight Guide
(Don't) Fear the Reaper: A Dark Knight Guide
First Page 2 3 ... 74 75 76 ... 206 207 208
 Asura.Akaden
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
By Asura.Akaden 2016-07-12 18:11:24  
Asura.Thorva said: »
I came over here to join the cool kids, I got left out on all the reindeer games.
Azureth won't shut up about you being an amazing DRK. Honestly, it's the only reason why I'm entertaining the idea of gearing it fully. I still need to decide on Apoc vs. Rag. But I'm leaning to Apoc if I get a relic at all. That survivability is what I love about melee-mages.
[+]
By Gruknor 2016-07-13 01:01:42  
Asura.Akaden said: »
I came over here to join the cool kids, I got left out on all the reindeer games.
Azureth won't shut up about you being an amazing DRK. Honestly, it's the only reason why I'm entertaining the idea of gearing it fully. I still need to decide on Apoc vs. Rag. But I'm leaning to Apoc if I get a relic at all. That survivability is what I love about melee-mages.

Wait till you get Drain 3, that helps a lot with the survivability
 Asura.Thorva
user: Thorva
By Asura.Thorva 2016-07-13 02:02:00  
Lol, I just play off common sense and a solid gearswap. I am nothing spectacular, I just geared my *** off and dumped a ***ton of gil into gil. Nothing that nobody else isn't capable of themselves.
Apoc is a solid DD option as well, just because it doesn't have the GS ws mods/fTP doesn't mean lib and apoc can't DD. I use both apoc and rag all the time. I swap them depending what I am fighting and what is needed.
[+]
 Asura.Akaden
By Asura.Akaden 2016-07-13 09:22:21  
Gruknor said: »

Wait till you get Drain 3, that helps a lot with the survivability

Working on it... Gearing accuracy starting out is hard, but I think I'm ready for apex. Not having an in-depth up-to-date guide in one place like the BLU guide makes discovering gear pretty difficult. Plus, not seeing a lot of DRKs around for /check fodder. Closest thing DRKs have is that "up to date gear...." thread here. Been following that (with reserved judgement; some sets don't seem... great...).
[+]
 Asura.Akaden
By Asura.Akaden 2016-07-13 09:33:24  
Lol, I just play off common sense and a solid gearswap. I am nothing spectacular, I just geared my *** off and dumped a ***ton of gil into gil. Nothing that nobody else isn't capable of themselves.
Apoc is a solid DD option as well, just because it doesn't have the GS ws mods/fTP doesn't mean lib and apoc can't DD. I use both apoc and rag all the time. I swap them depending what I am fighting and what is needed.
I think I'll start with one or the other... lol. I wish I had the money or time to make both. Apoc seems like it makes the most sense for DRK because it makes them literally never die. And you can roll Souleater just whenever you want. That's what I envision DRK as, a reckless damage dealer that uses its own health as a resource. That's not viable without specific focus from a healer unless you're spamming Catastrophe.
[+]
 Asura.Azagarth
user: Azagarth
By Asura.Azagarth 2016-07-13 10:55:38  
I said the same thing, honestly you will want both just put it as a goal lol ;D
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
user: Trulusia
By Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia 2016-07-13 11:08:00  

Working on it... Gearing accuracy starting out is hard

Something most people won't tell you is that each job point you put into the Endark job point category gives you an additional point of accuracy when Endark is up. So it's a free 20 accuracy for a spell you'll basically always be using anyway.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
サーバ: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2016-07-13 12:05:21  
If you need help on gear, just ask Saevel & Thorva, either in-game or on forums. They can give you a good idea on what to focus on as for gear options.

Each piece of gear on DRK should be hand-selected, and you should create your sets in order for you to be the most effective. So ACC > STP > DA > misc are probably the stats you want to focus on, in that order. Just pick one gear slot and work hard to obtain it.

The great thing about right now is that there's a Reisenjima campaign, so you could potentially get 2x of each piece of Valorous and augment it accordingly. You don't have to get HQ argosy just yet, but work in stages. Also, the new Chirich Rings are pretty cool accuracy additions, if you were using petrov/rajas for stp. You basically lose no stp and gain about 5 or 6 acc. Also, don't forget your ambuscade capes with the additional augment. If you need acc, +10 on the 4th slot is great.
[+]
 Odin.Brocovich
サーバ: Odin
user: Brocovich
By Odin.Brocovich 2016-07-13 12:07:37  
Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia said: »
Something most people won't tell you is that each job point you put into the Endark job point category gives you an additional point of accuracy when Endark is up. So it's a free 20 accuracy for a spell you'll basically always be using anyway.

Pretty sure endark gives attack + so the job-points would give +20 attack.
Enlight gives accuracy +.
 Quetzalcoatl.Orestes
user: Orestes78
By Quetzalcoatl.Orestes 2016-07-13 12:10:59  
Odin.Brocovich said: »

I was thinking the same. The attack also decays at 1:1 ratio with the dmg decay, per swing.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2016-07-13 12:18:50  
Quetzalcoatl.Orestes said: »
Odin.Brocovich said: »

I was thinking the same. The attack also decays at 1:1 ratio with the dmg decay, per swing.

Can't find the source, but I think it also adds accuracy, it's just not listed. Hold on, letm e log on and test it.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
user: Byrthnoth
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2016-07-13 12:28:11  
Endark doesn't add accuracy.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2016-07-13 12:39:40  
Endark doesn't add accuracy in and of itself, but having the gifts unlocked does add accuracy to each level of endark you've spent points on (while Endark is active)

I edited to clarify the comments above.

See below, unless I'm wrong. Its exactly +19 accuracy, which matches my Endark Gifts.

Normal

With Endark (19 gifts)

My gifts in Endark
[+]
 Asura.Thorva
By Asura.Thorva 2016-07-13 12:47:40  

Endark 1 and endark 2 both give the same amount of acc, +1 per JP max of 20.
Forgive the low acc, I was in refresh gear.

and for giggles.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2016-07-13 12:51:24  

endark appears to give same accuracy as 2

edit: beaten
[+]
 Asura.Thorva
By Asura.Thorva 2016-07-13 12:51:55  
Woot I beat you on endark 2!
[+]
 Asura.Akaden
By Asura.Akaden 2016-07-13 14:11:51  
Oh ***, that will help out a lot. Thanks!
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia
By Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia 2016-07-13 16:19:55  
Yes, it's one point per point you have in the endark gifts category, which is exactly what I said. I suppose I should have said "up to 20 acc", but I just assume people are maxing it out.
[+]
 Asura.Akaden
By Asura.Akaden 2016-07-13 16:37:21  
Yes, it's one point per point you have in the endark gifts category, which is exactly what I said. I suppose I should have said "up to 20 acc", but I just assume people are maxing it out.

That takes 210 JP, which I bet a lot of new DRK are struggling to get if they can't get enough Accuracy. Granted, 10/20 is only 55 JP, which is much easier to manage getting to and is still a big boost.

SE is all about the "it takes accuracy to get accuracy". Jerks.

I'm also super surprised that it's not detailed in the JP category's description. That's a really big +1 in the pro column for maxing out first.
[+]
 Asura.Chiaia
VIP
user: Demmis
By Asura.Chiaia 2016-07-13 16:48:17  

That takes 210 JP, which I bet a lot of new DRK are struggling to get if they can't get enough Accuracy. Granted, 10/20 is only 55 JP, which is much easier to manage getting to and is still a big boost.

I'm also super surprised that it's not detailed in the JP category's description. That's a really big +1 in the pro column for maxing out first.
Is it also giving a bonus to Phy Att too or is the JP Description a typo? Asking because I'm add the "Hidden Effect" to the Job Points section of BGWiki and to the Dark Knight Job Page once I get around to DRK. Been slowly updating all the job pages last month.
Was able to test this myself my DRK some how had 1 JP lying around on it so I tossed it into Endark. Both Phy Att & Acc went up by 1. Awesome find guys!

Test
[+]
 Valefor.Hakujin
サーバ: Valefor
user: Hakujin
By Valefor.Hakujin 2016-07-13 16:50:28  
Nice find on Endark/2! Unsure if the bug is implementation or help text. Does each point actually provide the 1 extra attack?
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Orestes
user: Orestes78
By Quetzalcoatl.Orestes 2016-07-13 17:00:57  
Damn, that's nuts. Good find Trulusia. SE can be pretty sneaky...
By Gruknor 2016-07-13 17:05:38  
Valefor.Hakujin said: »
Nice find on Endark/2! Unsure if the bug is implementation or help text. Does each point actually provide the 1 extra attack?

I haven't played around with Endark 2. Endark 1 gets atk and acc with job points in the Endark job point category. I would assume it is the same for both. Knowing SE you never know.
 Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia
By Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia 2016-07-13 18:35:25  
http://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/35174/dont-fear-the-reaper-a-dark-knight-guide/70#3109301

I think I might have found something interesting, and I have no idea why it's happening. Maybe there is a legit reason, but I don't know of it. Does anyone else notice that Endark II is giving accuracy along with attack? Anyone know why?

I told you dudes about this over a month ago.
[+]
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2016-07-13 22:18:46  

That is because they only focusing on Apex Crabs and more Apex Crabs. If someone is at 0 JP with low gear they can get JP doing the earlier camps like Soundsplitter Bats or even Apex Crawler / Raptors. As they improve their gear and gift level they can move on to the harder camps.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2016-07-14 02:30:58  
Not even that. Get a 50% DT build, 18% movement speed, and a half-decent HP/dread spikes build and farm your own cleaving parties. You are the puller. Gotta be clever when you're DRK.

But oh yeah, DRK does awesome in JP groups making darkness with (you guessed it) another BLU. I ended up tanking 100% of my last apex party vs the BLU, but drain2, dread spikes, seigan, and stuns etc kept me relevant. Think outside the box. You can get JP on DRK, you just have to sometimes try something different rather than wait around.

I used to solo in Moh Gates 5 (biv) thinking that was thebest I could find. Its great for killing time, but when I need better points, Apex Raptors are where it's at.
[+]
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2016-07-14 02:39:35  
DRK/RUN for Apex Parties. Use Flash to pull and you can tank / SC like a champ. Do Darkness and MB Drain II or NV DS Drain III and use Dread Spikes. Scythe is on both Gravitation and Distortion along with having Quietus for T3 Darkness property. This means DRK can make darkness with anyone.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2016-07-14 03:02:17  
Didn't know this. Will make sure to sub run next time.
 Asura.Akaden
By Asura.Akaden 2016-07-14 10:41:00  
I did a group last night that was pretty fun. BLU + DRK = the sexxx. Have some good back liners and your group will be wrecking. I didn't even bother with flash or provoke. Went /SAM for Seigan/Third-eye. I'd keep Dread Spikes, Endark 1/2, and Drain HP up. Tossing out a stun/weapon bash definitely helps keep it off you for those last few seconds of Third-eye recast. Pull with Absorb-X doesn't give you a lot of enmity though so heals had to come at a specific time, if at all. Regen V can take care of those random hits when Dread and Third Eye are on CD.

The good news is, I have enough Accuracy for crabs now. :P
 Asura.Thorva
By Asura.Thorva 2016-07-14 12:37:41  
Dread spikes and drain 2/3 are massive in apex parties, mix that with 3rd eye you can tank all day long there, especially if you have apoc. Don't even need to use seigan, can full time hasso for that acc bonus and downtime of LR. With dread spikes and 1 minute recast 3rd eye you are golden.

Also it really helps to make enmity sets on drk, this is absolute highest possible enmity + on drk without using augments.

ItemSet 344745
First Page 2 3 ... 74 75 76 ... 206 207 208