(Don't) Fear The Reaper: A Dark Knight Guide

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Dark Knight » (Don't) Fear the Reaper: A Dark Knight Guide
(Don't) Fear the Reaper: A Dark Knight Guide
First Page 2 3 ... 204 205 206
 Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
Game: FFXI
user: Xilk
By Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk 2023-03-31 14:06:42  
How effective could Drk be at tp suppression with absorb-tp?

I don't know how potent it is and can't really tell from the wiki
 Leviathan.Boposhopo
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Boposhopo
By Leviathan.Boposhopo 2023-03-31 14:43:34  
Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk said: »
How effective could Drk be at tp suppression with absorb-tp?

I don't know how potent it is and can't really tell from the wiki

Depends on the mob really, but current working strat for Sortie Mega-boss involves almost everyone going /DRK and spamming Absorb-TP to Tp deny the boss. Can also do the same thing for Lilith to make sure easier to deal with.
 Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
user: Xilk
By Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk 2023-03-31 16:14:17  
I see there is some jse for drk that absorb-tp gains potency from.

I don't see any formula for how much tp it can absorb.

I'm guessing its not like tp drainkiss on bst that at 3k tp will always steall 100% of the mobs's tp.?

so CAN it steal 100% ? or is it always less or how do you build a set for it? just Magic Accuracy?

is it just as good from blm/drk or sch/drk as it is from drk main?
 Leviathan.Boposhopo
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Boposhopo
By Leviathan.Boposhopo 2023-03-31 16:37:44  
Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk said: »
I see there is some jse for drk that absorb-tp gains potency from.

I don't see any formula for how much tp it can absorb.

I'm guessing its not like tp drainkiss on bst that at 3k tp will always steall 100% of the mobs's tp.?

so CAN it steal 100% ? or is it always less or how do you build a set for it? just Magic Accuracy?

is it just as good from blm/drk or sch/drk as it is from drk main?

From BG

Quote:
After several nerfs, it seems this spell now caps at stealing 30~40% of the monster's TP.

So caps out somewhere there. Hands probably increase the cap, but doesn't seem like there's any concrete testing. in terms of set, basically same as any other absorb set + Absorb-TP hands, aside from dropping gear such as Ratri feet that increase Dark Magic Duration. Since Absorb-TP is an instant spell instead of something like Absorb-STR that has a duration, you won't need any duration+. Swap those pieces to dark skill/macc.
[+]
 Phoenix.Rehmii
サーバ: Phoenix
user: rehmii
By Phoenix.Rehmii 2023-04-08 23:33:03  
Anyone got a guillotine gearset they can share to improve silence accuracy/duration?
By Vaerix 2023-04-09 01:41:06  
Phoenix.Rehmii said: »
Anyone got a guillotine gearset they can share to improve silence accuracy/duration?

Pretty sure it's this set with a couple changes

ItemSet 362774

Head replace with empy+3 helm, and obv no ullr/khonsu unless you're going to melee in it the entire time.

This is ignoring damage entirely for macc for the silence, won't be impressive but it's the best we have AFAIK.
By Gasho 2023-04-19 02:24:52  
should I go for DA or TP back on sword tp set?
 Asura.Bippin
サーバ: Asura
user: Gunit
By Asura.Bippin 2023-04-19 11:11:17  
Gasho said: »
DA for Sword in must builds.
 Cerberus.Kylos
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2023-04-19 23:10:55  
Gasho said: »

Store TP is for a Liberator during its aftermath (because it occasionally attacks x2-3), so double attack is the default for standard TP sets.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [49 days between previous and next post]
 Bahamut.Keeriyis
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Keeriyis
By Bahamut.Keeriyis 2023-06-07 22:13:45  
Not sure you can equip a bow and a tathlum at the same time in that Guillotine gearset. Which one would you choose over the other?
By Vaerix 2023-06-07 23:36:18  
Bahamut.Keeriyis said: »
Not sure you can equip a bow and a tathlum at the same time in that Guillotine gearset. Which one would you choose over the other?

You can't equip both, bow/grip is listed for max macc but unless you're tping in them it's not a real consideration.

If you're tping with ammo instead of bow, you use ammo, if you're sacrificing slots for macc it would be bow then grip as far as choices.
 Bahamut.Keeriyis
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Keeriyis
By Bahamut.Keeriyis 2023-06-11 15:57:43  
OIC, thx for the clarification :)
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [71 days between previous and next post]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
By SimonSes 2023-08-21 08:43:30  
intrloper said: »
If one wanted a Nuke set on DRK anyone have one to share? Thanks.

https://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/50426/high-end-sets-advicesuggestionsideaslua/
[+]
 Asura.Otomis
By Asura.Otomis 2023-09-12 23:33:40  
Hello fellow Darks. I have recently started converting to lua as I have had to skim my equipsets down so much some jobs become less effective and it is annoying. Also, my hands hurt, lol.

Trying to figure out how I would add a trigger in my Drk lua when capped magic haste for these factors:

Either, Last Resort, when I only need 12 equip haste

OR only Hasso, when I need capped equip haste.

Or, Hasso + Apoc Aftermath, when I need 17 equip haste....

With equipsets I just move up or down to which ever macro line fits my current situation. (Hence the hand pains

appreciate the help.
 Shiva.Myamoto
サーバ: Shiva
user: Myamoto
By Shiva.Myamoto 2023-09-13 09:44:12  
haste from last resort and hasso is seperate from equipment haste and magical haste. You should always aim for capped gear haste which is 25-26 roughly... I think technically it equates to 25.6 or something rather but yeah anyways. Haste from LR and Hasso are considered Job Ability Haste. So unless I am misunderstanding your questions, I don't see why you would need something to modify your gear haste.

https://www.bg-wiki.com/ffxi/Attack_Speed
By Nariont 2023-09-13 09:51:39  
Its because, at least in LRs case you can overcap if you have capped magic/gear haste, hasso requires apoc AM or samba iirc to overcap
 Carbuncle.Maletaru
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: maletaru
By Carbuncle.Maletaru 2023-09-13 09:52:57  
He is correct in such that with 25% JA haste and capped magic haste (43.75) you don't need 25% equipment haste, only need ~12%. If you have 20% JA haste (bottom scenario) you need 17% equip haste to cap at 80%.

I'd imagine in lua there's some toggle for different engaged sets, but I have no idea how you'd implement that. Most lua have this stuff built in, but I'm not sure what you're using or how they implement their toggles/modes.
 Shiva.Myamoto
user: Myamoto
By Shiva.Myamoto 2023-09-13 10:04:06  
ahhhh gotcha, talking in terms of being over cap and adjusting accordingly.
By IGDC 2023-09-13 12:07:18  
Asura.Otomis said: »
Hello fellow Darks. I have recently started converting to lua as I have had to skim my equipsets down so much some jobs become less effective and it is annoying. Also, my hands hurt, lol.

Trying to figure out how I would add a trigger in my Drk lua when capped magic haste for these factors:

Either, Last Resort, when I only need 12 equip haste

OR only Hasso, when I need capped equip haste.

Or, Hasso + Apoc Aftermath, when I need 17 equip haste....

With equipsets I just move up or down to which ever macro line fits my current situation. (Hence the hand pains

apricate the help.

I use AlanWarren's LUAs for the most part and a lot of this functionality is included for drk.

for example, he has:
if S{'haste', 'march', 'embrava', 'geo-haste', 'indi-haste', 'last resort'}:contains(buff:lower()) then
if (buffactive['Last Resort']) then
if (buffactive.embrava or buffactive.haste) and buffactive.march then
state.CombatForm:set("Haste")
if not midaction() then
handle_equipping_gear(player.status)
end
end
else
if state.CombatForm.current ~= 'DW' and state.CombatForm.current ~= 'SW' then
state.CombatForm:reset()
end
if not midaction() then
handle_equipping_gear(player.status)
end
end
end

which will path to this set instead of just Apoc engaged:
sets.engaged.Haste.Apocalypse = set_combine(sets.engaged.Apocalypse, {}

Check them out at : https://github.com/AlanWarren/gearswap/blob/master/DRK.lua
 Asura.Otomis
By Asura.Otomis 2023-09-13 14:10:18  
TY IGDC, I only started using Lua in the last week and Drk is the first job I am attempting to edit a custom Lua for myself. This helps. Much Appreciated.
 Shiva.Humpo
user: Humpo
By Shiva.Humpo 2023-09-13 18:47:25  
IGDC said: »

Wasn't gearswap originally written by a dancer for this specific purpose..?
 Asura.Otomis
By Asura.Otomis 2023-09-13 18:47:36  
Just in case others wondered:
 Asura.Cariko
user: Kariko
By Asura.Cariko 2023-09-13 23:11:03  
I've often wondered if I've been too simplistic with my lua. I have a set of combat "modes" ("Normal" all-rounder set, TP gain focused, Multi hit, Subtle blow, Max accuracy, Critical hit rate, "Tanking", Treasurehunter, and Minimum Multihit for those KC moments).

I've never gone so deep as to care about current buffs to auto-shift me from one TP set to another. I've always just had a handful of the above list in mind depending on the content or the weapon I'm using and just manually toggle from there. Does this make me terrible? I mean, probably. Sure.

Cerberus.Kylos
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2023-09-14 12:54:42  
The problem with going all out with having TP+WS sets for every given situation is you end up 1) having to carry more equipment, and 2) you have to maintain more sets, thereby taking up a lot of your spare time. I don't use gearswap, so I've had to learn to create several different sets for situations, but I'm really picky about it.

Some people have the inventory and the time to go crazy deep with their sets, but in all honesty, you won't notice much of a difference. I tend to only make niche sets when I need them for specific things, but then I probably won't use them for years, for example:

-A Critical Hit set can be used in this months Ambuscade, but we haven't seen this fight since 2020, and there's a chance we may not see it again til 2025 or later.

-How often do you seriously need a subtle blow set? If the answer is every week, then sure, make one and love it. If the answer is once, and who knows when after that, then what's the point carrying around the extra gear?

SE never expected players to have a million sets for each job, so don't feel bad if you don't. They didn't make the game with gearswap in mind. At the very least, you should have the basics and know how to maintain them.
[+]
By Taint 2023-09-14 13:08:07  
I just got rid of my complicated DRK lua. I actually perfer to keep it simple after years of using Gearinfo auto swaps. The maintenance was a lot, the gear storage was a lot and constantly double checking Gearinfo vs swaps just got tiresome. I stopped playing DRK and I think it was mainly due to LUA maint.

Now I have a few toggles and just set and forget depending on the content/fight.

MainTP: Scythe, GS, Acc, PDL

HybirdTP: Meva, PDT, SB

WS: PDL (Default), WSdmg, Acc

DT: PDT,MDT,HP
[+]
 Asura.Cariko
user: Kariko
By Asura.Cariko 2023-09-14 13:41:20  
Oh I get trying to cut down on inventory bulk. I'm more talking about having sets that adjust to the current amount of haste I have, or if I have >3 types of +attack buffs active, or that sort of thing, to dynamically pick between a 12% haste set or a 25% haste set, or slotting in more +PDL gear. Just seems like a headache.
[+]
 Asura.Otomis
By Asura.Otomis 2023-09-14 21:44:53  
Have to agree with the above statements. I have played vanilla for 20 years and only recently started looking in to gearswap: It is such a headache.

Anyone who has played with me knows I am a very high performer on the majority of jobs; and that is playing with macros and gearsets.
I might just end up retiring jobs so I can squeeze what I need out of the 200 available slots.

It has been fun learning Lua coding. I may keep playing with it just for that simple satisfaction of learning something new. Gotta keep the mind sharp, we are all getting older, lol.
[+]
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [51 days between previous and next post]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
By Taint 2023-11-04 13:30:13  
PLD curing or bringing a WHM?

ItemSet 352466

This is SB 64. You can always use SB food like Pukatrice Egg +1 or a second Chirich+1 to get to 50. Mboze you need high DPS and TP control. Tights are a rarer item, so again flex food/rings as needed.
First Page 2 3 ... 204 205 206