users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Servers » Asura » Time Warner Cable
Time Warner Cable
 Bismarck.Angeleus
サーバ: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
user: Munky
By Bismarck.Angeleus 2012-09-08 13:01:02  
TWC monthly prices was pricy to me, but I'm sure others might feel the same.
 Ragnarok.Sekundes
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Sekundes
By Ragnarok.Sekundes 2012-09-08 13:05:35  
Our choices here are ATT and TWC... While TWC is the lesser of the evils, it's very sad that only a few blocks over, they have Verizon but some HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE laws or agreements keep them from setting foot on this side ; ; I don't know anyone who would willingly go with TWC.
 Fenrir.Krucial
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Krucial
By Fenrir.Krucial 2012-09-08 13:07:03  
I'm at like $250 /mo for cable/phone/internet couple premium channels.
Abit much for meh quality and terrible customer service.
 Bismarck.Angeleus
By Bismarck.Angeleus 2012-09-08 13:10:14  
Ragnarok.Sekundes said: »
Our choices here are ATT and TWC... While TWC is the lesser of the evils, it's very sad that only a few blocks over, they have Verizon but some HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE laws or agreements keep them from setting foot on this side ; ; I don't know anyone who would willingly go with TWC.

That sucks... Well, like I said is only been a week, so a lot of things can happen in the next 2 years, but so far so good.
 Fenrir.Emirii
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Emerii1
By Fenrir.Emirii 2012-09-08 13:11:05  
TWC has been having network problems for a few weeks now. Ping is slow, internet is slow, youtube doesnt work half the time, etc. There is a status website you can go too and look up your area to see if there is any known delays.

http://help.rr.com/HMSLogic/network_status.aspx

You can find it there, look up your specific area.
 Bismarck.Angeleus
By Bismarck.Angeleus 2012-09-08 13:15:09  
Fenrir.Krucial said: »
I'm at like $250 /mo for cable/phone/internet couple premium channels.
Abit much for meh quality and terrible customer service.

Main reason I got Verizon Fios because we purchase a 2 family house and Verizon don't charge us for each DVR box we have in the house, But TWC did charge us like 14.25 for each DVR box in our home before..:/
 Carbuncle.Cardinalgate
サーバ: Carbuncle
By Carbuncle.Cardinalgate 2012-09-08 13:19:07  
Fenrir.Emirii said: »
TWC has been having network problems for a few weeks now. Ping is slow, internet is slow, youtube doesnt work half the time, etc. There is a status website you can go too and look up your area to see if there is any known delays.

seems about right my crap is really unstable so unstable that cant play other games :(

Quote:
Red
5/3/2012 6:38:04 AM GRAND PRAIRIE

Red
5/3/2012 6:10:24 PM GRAND PRAIRIE

Red
5/5/2012 10:18:16 AM GRAND PRAIRIE

THE 1400-1500 BLOCKS OF PINE BLUFF DR THE 1500 BLOCK OF WARM SPRINGS DR 1600 BLOCK OF LAKE TRAVIS DR

Red
5/16/2012 3:40:08 AM GRAND PRAIRIE
 Ragnarok.Sekundes
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Sekundes
By Ragnarok.Sekundes 2012-09-08 13:48:16  
Fenrir.Emirii said: »

172 "RED" events in the Dallas area alone...

We've been having several issues around here lately. In particular, the DNS service seems to be *** up quite a bit of the time. I'm fine with the occasional hiccup or even an outage every once in a while or due to extreme weather but we rarely have weather of note in this area anyway.

Verizon invested heavily in infrastructure with their fios and the quality shows. I'm rather jealous of my brother in law's internet.
By Thanzo187 2012-09-08 13:51:21  
Idk, I've been with time warner for 10yrs. NYC btw, had excellent customer service. Running about 5 PC's with no lag. In the 10yr's i've been with them, my internet has failed 2x due to heat. Also, make sure you got the right speeds for your net.If you have the bundle, sometime's they'll only give you 10MBPS, which can result in lag and connection losses if you exceed your 10. I have 20something and never have a problem. Though sometimes it can be the boxes where your cable is connected.
 Carbuncle.Cardinalgate
By Carbuncle.Cardinalgate 2012-09-13 15:53:04  
anyone been having issues with their connection?

for the past few days i been good
 Bismarck.Angeleus
By Bismarck.Angeleus 2012-09-13 16:05:52  
Carbuncle.Cardinalgate said: »
anyone been having issues with their connection?

for the past few days i been good

Honestly, I don't know because I switch to Verizon Fios 2 weeks ago and very happy with everything. :)
 Carbuncle.Cardinalgate
By Carbuncle.Cardinalgate 2012-09-13 16:11:17  
man im so jelly no Fios in my area
 Bismarck.Angeleus
By Bismarck.Angeleus 2012-09-13 16:24:15  
Carbuncle.Cardinalgate said: »
man im so jelly no Fios in my area

They will soon!
 Carbuncle.Cardinalgate
By Carbuncle.Cardinalgate 2012-09-13 16:31:24  
nah i asked will fios come to the Grand Prairie Texas area i get afat no only Time Warner and AT&T for most areas in texas but it seems AT&T UVerse offers 25mbps for less then what im paying for 15mbps but the only prob i hear about them from my sister is that 80% of the time their overall service is down
 Bismarck.Angeleus
By Bismarck.Angeleus 2012-09-13 16:52:23  
Verizon is Like Umbrella Corp. I believe someday, someone will bring up on areas that Verizon needs to be at, but then again this just a assumption..
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [41 days between previous and next post]
 Asura.Benchiro
サーバ: Asura
By Asura.Benchiro 2012-10-24 23:51:08  
LOL R0.... HI ASURA.

I miss it.

Not.
 Asura.Planet
user: Jovant
By Asura.Planet 2012-10-25 00:25:23  
I Hate You...

That Is All.

edit: (excuse me, sorry i didnt explain. i seen the title "Time Warner Cable" and had to give my 2cents.)
 Asura.Ivykyori
user: ivykyori
By Asura.Ivykyori 2012-10-28 03:53:18  
I'm in the LA area and about a month or so ago, we not only had R0 problems, but even the cable went out. For a good 24 hours, the cable would go out intermittently (then when it DID come back, there was static), followed by the cable. It was like this for 24 hours. Couldn't do a damn thing on the net because every 10 minutes it would go out.

When I was still living with my mom in NYC, we had TWC there too, and barring the occasional (like once every 6 months if that) downtime, the customer service was awesome. I've even called them up at 1am to ask them what was going on and they would tell me even though I wasn't the one on the bill. Dunno wtf's up with the LA branch. Had nothing but issues the past 2 years here.
 Asura.Charitwo
VIP
user: Charitwo
By Asura.Charitwo 2012-10-31 01:23:46  
never had any R0 issues after switching from a local ISP to comcast (yeah, yeah)