users online
フォーラム » FFXIAH.com » Suggestions » Net Gil on AH History
Net Gil on AH History
 Ragnarok.Sekundes
サーバ: Ragnarok
Game: FFXI
user: Sekundes
By Ragnarok.Sekundes 2012-08-24 13:32:06  
Interestingly enough, I'm having a similar issue but only on my main. I can see my alt's ah history just fine.
 Siren.Mcclane
サーバ: Siren
user: mcclane
By Siren.Mcclane 2012-08-24 13:32:19  
Bahamut.Neurotic said: »
I do not understand what seems to be the "privacy" arguement coming up, like I said it is not giving you any data that isn't already accessable. If people don't want it visible then why would they bother having all their Auction House history visible?

If it was cleaned up slightly with color coordination, boxes, etc. I think people may like it even more.

No one one in this thread has even brought up privacy.
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
user: Kalila
By Siren.Kalilla 2012-08-24 13:33:15  
Ragnarok.Sekundes said: »
Interestingly enough, I'm having a similar issue but only on my main. I can see my alt's ah history just fine.
Gained: 26,000, Lost 176,100, Difference -150,100 (Last 100 Sales)

D:
 Siren.Thoraeon
user: Thoraeon
By Siren.Thoraeon 2012-08-24 13:33:30  
Fenrir.Scragg said: »
How about only the character owner can see it? Everyone else will just have to get a pen+paper.
I would just prefer the option of being visible or not. The information is worthless if you use bazaars, and it looks sloppy.
[+]
 Bismarck.Elanabelle
サーバ: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Elanabelle 2012-08-24 13:37:19  
Siren.Kalilla said: »
Bismarck.Elanabelle said: »
It shouldn't matter if you're active or not as long as you have a AH history on your player page.

My AH history seems to have disappeared from my page once I turned my FFXI account inactive a couple of months ago.

Unless AdBlockPlus or Ghostery is somehow blocking the AH history from showing on the my page on my PC. I'll see if disabling those changes anything ...

Nope, that didn't work.
I wasn't really too alarmed when my AH history disappeared from my page, weeks ago, since I've been inactive on the game itself.
However, now I'm interested to see how much net Gil I've (probably) lost!
Gained: 143,500, Lost 232,000, Difference -88,500 (Last 25 Sales)

I think you do have a setting somewhere disabling the table, I'm not sure.

Weird. So others can view my AH history, but I can not. Thanks for the help, Kali! I'll try to figure this out ...
 Fenrir.Scragg
Administrator
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Scragg
By Fenrir.Scragg 2012-08-24 13:39:23  
It shouldn't matter if you're active or not as long as you have a AH history on your player page.

My AH history seems to have disappeared from my page once I turned my FFXI account inactive a couple of months ago.

Unless AdBlockPlus or Ghostery is somehow blocking the AH history from showing on the my page on my PC. I'll see if disabling those changes anything ...

Yes. If you are inactive for quite some time you will not see your sales. This is because of how the site grabs latest sales for a player. The sales are partitioned in smaller database tables based on time. Usually 3-4 months, a partition is added. The reason the partitions are necessary is so the table indices do not out grow the server's RAM (or more generally to keep them from growing too large). When I wrote the code to fetch the latest sales, it would go through the partitions in descending order until it found the quantity it was looking for. I only allow it iterate over a defined number of partitions until it gives up, for speed purposes. Then the results are cached until a new sale is received for that char.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Sekundes
By Ragnarok.Sekundes 2012-08-24 13:43:20  
If I log out, It pops up just fine, but while logged in it's hidden, is that the same reason for this? I don't do all that much on the AH since all of my gil is going to HMP and most things I sell are non-ah items but my last transactions were on the 12th which isn't too long ago.
 Bahamut.Neurotic
サーバ: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Neurotic 2012-08-24 13:43:34  
Siren.Mcclane said: »
Bahamut.Neurotic said: »
I do not understand what seems to be the "privacy" arguement coming up, like I said it is not giving you any data that isn't already accessable. If people don't want it visible then why would they bother having all their Auction House history visible?

If it was cleaned up slightly with color coordination, boxes, etc. I think people may like it even more.

No one one in this thread has even brought up privacy.

Has been brought up and implied at least twice actually.
 Bismarck.Elanabelle
By Bismarck.Elanabelle 2012-08-24 13:43:54  

Yes. If you are inactive for quite some time you will not see your sales. This is because of how the site grabs latest sales for a player. The sales are partitioned in smaller database tables based on time. Usually 3-4 months, a partition is added. The reason the partitions are necessary is so the table indices do not out grow the server's RAM (or more generally to keep them from growing too large). When I wrote the code to fetch the latest sales, it would go through the partitions in descending order until it found the quantity it was looking for. I only allow it iterate over a defined number of partitions until it gives up, for speed purposes. Then the results are cached until a new sale is received for that char.

Thanks much for your time and this info, Scragg!
I figured it much be something like this, although I don't understand the technical stuff on a plane anywhere near yours.
It's odd that Kalila could view my sales history and I could not, though, isn't it?
 Fenrir.Scragg
Administrator
By Fenrir.Scragg 2012-08-24 13:46:14  
If I log out, It pops up just fine, but while logged in it's hidden, is that the same reason for this? I don't do all that much on the AH since all of my gil is going to HMP and most things I sell are non-ah items but my last transactions were on the 12th which isn't too long ago.

That sounds like a cache problem. Try changing your visible transactions and make sure it's something other than 25, 0, or 255.
 Bismarck.Elanabelle
By Bismarck.Elanabelle 2012-08-24 13:47:02  

Ok, yeah, you're right ... that's really weird. If I log-out of FFXIAH, THEN I can view some of my sales history (it's only five transactions), but when I'm logged-in to FFXIAH, I see no sales history at all. Odd!
 Fenrir.Scragg
Administrator
By Fenrir.Scragg 2012-08-24 13:51:07  
I don't see it while logged in, it's a cache issue.
 Bismarck.Elanabelle
By Bismarck.Elanabelle 2012-08-24 13:54:41  

I cleared my browser's cache; no change. Perhaps you meant something else by "cache issue" though; again, I'm not unfortunately not technically-savvy enough to speak your language. :-)
 Fenrir.Scragg
Administrator
By Fenrir.Scragg 2012-08-24 13:55:46  

I cleared my browser's cache; no change. Perhaps you meant something else by "cache issue" though; again, I'm not unfortunately not technically-savvy enough to speak your language. :-)

It's server-side.
 Quetzalcoatl.Tanag
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
user: Tanag
By Quetzalcoatl.Tanag 2012-08-24 13:55:50  
Awesome new feature. Thanks Scragg!
 Siren.Mcclane
user: mcclane
By Siren.Mcclane 2012-08-24 14:05:21  
I never saw any post as a privacy issue concern
 Ragnarok.Sekundes
By Ragnarok.Sekundes 2012-08-24 14:36:13  
That sounds like a cache problem. Try changing your visible transactions and make sure it's something other than 25, 0, or 255.
I tried to set it to numerous things. Anything over 100 just reverts back to 100, anything under it'll stick but still makes no difference to the page. Oddly, my alt's does the same thing but her history is still there.

If you'd like me to do any other testing just let me know.
 Fenrir.Scragg
Administrator
By Fenrir.Scragg 2012-08-24 14:36:38  
Hopefully those with missing AH histories are correct now.
[+]
 Bismarck.Ruizutatakau
By Bismarck.Ruizutatakau 2012-08-24 14:39:44  
Sent you a PM!
 Ragnarok.Sekundes
By Ragnarok.Sekundes 2012-08-24 17:58:20  
Hopefully those with missing AH histories are correct now.

Works for me now. Thanks!