users online
フォーラム » FFXIAH.com » Suggestions » A web browser topic what u think about it
A web browser topic what u think about it
 Siren.Stiklelf
サーバ: Siren
Game: FFXI
user: stikle
By Siren.Stiklelf 2012-07-21 13:19:38  
Chances are if someone comes to this site they already have a good idea on what browser does what, and how to find updates for them.

But if you're so dead set on it then okayz
 Ragnarok.Sekundes
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Sekundes
By Ragnarok.Sekundes 2012-07-21 13:20:13  
To add on to the ninite.com point.

It tells you the version of the browsers so if you're just curious, you can drop by and look at the numbers.
 Quetzalcoatl.Chairman
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
user: Chairman
By Quetzalcoatl.Chairman 2012-07-21 14:41:27  
Sylph.Kawar said: »
Quetzalcoatl.Chairman said: »
Why would you make a thread about a thread you want to make in the unspecified future? Why wouldn't you just make that thread?
I wanted to see what the people here think of this idea before i do it or not. that is why and i understand everyone point i just keep thinking of things that i can do to try to help this site is why the silly ideas that u can see in this forum alone that i think can help.

btw i am grateful from the input from everyone.Can i ask one thing from u all if i plan to just try my idea please do not condem it from the begin please.

I really don't think "a thread where people can manually post whether browsers have updated or not" is a valuable contribution. Like other people have said, every modern browser automatically updates itself, and there are dedicated, automatically-updated services which already track this information without relying on people manually posting it.

I think you're trying a little too hard to make a "contribution" to the FFXIAH forums. This is a niche forum with a specific focus; it doesn't need to be a place for every possible piece of information someone might need.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Greggles
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Greggles
By Lakshmi.Greggles 2012-07-21 15:37:55  
Jetackuu said: »
I didn't miss it at all, it was a silly point.

If you want something that will download the latest version of the main browsers (as there isn't really "new" browsers, just updates, go to http://www.ninite.com, it gives you a downloader/updater file for several programs at once, you can customize it how you see fit, and can include the main browsers.

Thanks for the link, this is awesome!
[+]
By Jetackuu 2012-07-22 23:25:24  
Cerberus.Eugene said: »

If you want something that will download the latest version of the main browsers (as there isn't really "new" browsers, just updates, go to http://www.ninite.com, it gives you a downloader/updater file for several programs at once, you can customize it how you see fit, and can include the main browsers.
this appears to be an awesome website, thank you.

you're welcome

Phoenix.Darkovercast said: »
Cerberus.Eugene said: »
Phoenix.Darkovercast said: »
The argument of what web browsers are better is like the Coke vs. Pepsi argument, no matter what you say people are going to raise the flag for what they prefer, you can spit out all the tech talk on the browsers but it doesn’t matter. IE users are going to keep using IE, Google Chrome users are going to keep using Google Chrome and guess what? Firefox users are going to keep using Firefox. I really think the fanboyism behind what web browser you pick is quite a bit sad now. Give it up, you can’t change personal opinion.
except IE is more akin to putting leaves and dirt in a cup, throw in some sugar water and calling it RC Cola.
Again, apples and oranges, Coke and Pepsi, Night and Day. I get the viewpoint but it’s not going anywhere.

IE is still ***, white knighting those who use it by claiming "it's their choice" still doesn't make it not a bad choice that harms everyone else, it's a bad joke.
By Jetackuu 2012-07-22 23:26:14  
Lakshmi.Greggles said: »

Thanks for the link, this is awesome!

yeah, you can even use the same file later to just do updates, don't even have to redownload it.

makes it great for fresh installs too, well if you have internet that is :P