フォーラム » Everything Else » Arcade » Dark Souls & other Souls-Likes
Dark Souls & other Souls-Likes
First Page 2 3 ... 153 154 155 ... 224 225 226
 Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
Game: FFXI
user: Starkzz
By Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai 2014-03-27 14:39:06  
I haven't put alot into equip load, so what is a good ratio to defense/weight armor for me, won't necessarily be optimal for you. As such, I'm unable to give you an accurate answer. The Alva set, obtainable from the Armorer NPC in the town (once his shop is maxed out) is a good lightweight "mail" armor I hear. Maybe check that out.

As for me, I tend to just play Fashion Souls and wear whatever looks cool for now, as long as it's light. Many armors are said to hold hidden abilities, so until good one's are evidently found, armor is of no concern to me, so long as it's light, as I'm rather good at dodging.

Though when I'm playing a mage-orientated character, there are many good light weight robe sets I use that have visible enhancements on them, such as extra Attunement slots, or Fast Cast. Not so much the case with Melee hybrids, unless you integrate many spells into your build, to which you'd want Fast Cast/etc. I don't tend to cast alot during battle on a melee hybrid, though. Usually just some buffs I cast pre-battle.
サーバ: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: Gawdless
By Pwolf Drkgawd 2014-03-27 14:52:34  
Ya I wish dark souls 2 was more flushed out. To me it seems half assed. Less dodging abilities than 1. there is no way to make bows better (guess being a ranger is not useful) Boss weapons have crap durability and the ones with powers on R2 were obviously balanced for pvp because they suck.

And why does my weapon not gain durability points when I upgrade/reinforce it? seriously that doesn't make sense to me.

Edit: also I was thinking of respecing to a dex/faith melee hybrid. or str/faith but I'm not to sure on what a good build is. ive seen some that are like all in vit/end/faith and minimal in str/dex.

So i guess my question is. when going for a hybrid and using a magic infused weapon. is just going for like 20 str/dex best and only caring about faith parameter bonus? I dont think i care to use huge weapons. maybe a halberd at some point but im not sure. will have to look at the weapons again. for now its a sword with sun blade spell in mind.
 Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai
By Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai 2014-03-27 15:21:01  
When you infuse a weapon with an element, the scaling change to cater to what you're trying to accomplish.

For example, Faith enhances all Lightning attributes. If you infuse a weapon with Lightning, the raw damage decreases, but the Faith will enhance the Lightning damage to compensate. Faith basically becomes your STR. Though your weapon will still do some amount of raw damage on top of your elemental damage, so to a lesser degree, the stat STR will increase DPS aswell, however minimal compared to Faith.

Infuse your weapon with Magic (OR Fire), then INT becomes your STR (Though again, the stat STR will still provide you with a damage increases, though minimal compared to INT).

Infusing with Poison is a tad different. It depends on which kind of weapon you're infusing it on. For example, Katana's are DEX-modified naturally, while Broadswords and the like are STR. Adding Poison to a Broadsword, and it becomes a kind of balance between STR and DEX. STR will increase the raw damage, while the DEX will increase the actual damage of the Poison. Katana's, on the other hand, are pure DEX, DEX increases it's raw, which, at the same time, will increase Poison damage. This being the case, it's always more practical to use natural DEX weapons, over natural anything else, for Poison.

Not playing at the moment, and I'm not too sure what the deal with Bleed is, so you'd need to look elsewhere for information on that.

It's important to note DEX has a soft cap of Level 40, after that, DEX modified stats/weapons see next to nothing in the ways of an increase.

I'm not currently aware yet of when other stats reach a plateau of the likes of DEX.
[+]
サーバ: Sargatanas
user: Ravant
By Ravant Lehnsherr 2014-03-28 06:15:39  
Dragon Torso isn't really all that great on stats tbh since you cant plus it up. However it makes you look totally bad *** so I never take it off.

It's also reaaally light on equip load.
 Carbuncle.Scarmiglione
サーバ: Carbuncle
By Carbuncle.Scarmiglione 2014-03-29 23:01:23  
YouTube Video Placeholder

LMAO just saw that, it's pretty hilarious.
[+]
 Bahamut.Zellc
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Zellc
By Bahamut.Zellc 2014-03-29 23:12:26  
Plague is awesome lol.
 Valefor.Sapphire
サーバ: Valefor
By Valefor.Sapphire 2014-03-30 01:25:05  
I gotta vent somewhere about DS2 which i've only managed to spend about 1 day on so far.

DS2 seems to have no options to sequence break (do things out of order) like DS1 did and things feel a bit more linear.
In DS1 really loved the ability to sneak and run around, collecting hard to get gear from a variety of areas right at the beginning (and usually die multiple times and lose souls trying to do it).

Also not being able to level up at any bonfire is just the most annoying thing ever (since it means I have to deal with the delay of extra warping back to the lady to level up and extra loading).

I really want to love DS2 like I loved DS but i'm kind of put off after rolling a couple characters and also not finding any build that feels good.

Has anyone found a good lightweight melee build with dagger/rapier? (I really loved Velka's rapier type builds that were a nice balance of reach+speed while still being able to use a shield+dodge/roll nonstop).
I guess I can accept this game is different if I could at least find a satisfying build in that style that doesn't make me want to throw my controller at the wall.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai
By Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai 2014-03-30 05:16:21  
~40 Adaptability will give you enough Agility for top tier roll. Also has a semi-hidden effect of helping you raise up your shield quicker inbetween attacks.

~40 DEX (soft cap) your weapon of choice.

As for the weapon itself, I haven't found too many good daggers/rapiers. Think I found a Richard Rapier and a Bandit Knife that're reoccurring, can't recall anything else.

Defense is about as meh as it was in DS1, so gogo fashion souls and wear whatever light armor looks cool. Poise is also pretty terrible aswell, so there isn't much armor to concern yourself with in terms of stats, unless you're gonna be casting alot of spells.
 Bahamut.Rulerofdarkness
By Bahamut.Rulerofdarkness 2014-03-30 05:41:16  
Could look into the Sun Sword.

It's a straight sword and the R2 is a thrust and the follow up heavy is another thrust that reaches a little further. It also seems to attack faster than a standard straight sword.

At +10 it has A scaling on both STR and DEX, while only requiring 15 STR and 13 DEX to use.

Obtained with Rank 2 in Heirs of the Sun. (20 medals)
[+]
 Lakshmi.Ruebyy
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Ruebyy
By Lakshmi.Ruebyy 2014-04-05 21:15:39  
Streaming for anybody who cares to watch! PVP!
http://www.twitch.tv/ruebyy
MSPaint Winner
サーバ: Excalibur
By Ohji Lunartail 2014-04-05 21:53:48  
any tips for the pursuer? <havnt played in a few weeks so kinda behind everyone else lol>
By Fumiku 2014-04-05 22:05:57  
I just made sure to make him swing at me in the middle of the stage. This left me room to back up until he stopped attacking.
By Fumiku 2014-04-05 22:07:22  
Anyone know what the Judgment set does?
VIP
By Kalila 2014-04-10 19:59:44  
Rage Quit: Dark Souls II
YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai
By Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai 2014-04-10 20:56:46  
that was worse fake angry than angry joe

also, no one is that bad
VIP
By Kalila 2014-04-10 20:58:03  
Rage Quit is all fake, no one should expect it not to be.
 Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai
By Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai 2014-04-10 21:02:22  
The fact you posted it gave me the impression you found humor in how angry/bad he is, and wanted to share. Not really funny when it isn't genuine, in this case, far from.
VIP
By Kalila 2014-04-10 21:05:53  
Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai said: »
The fact you posted it gave me the impression you found humor in how angry/bad he is, and wanted to share. Not really funny when it isn't genuine, in this case, far from.
his DS1 rage quit was fake and I still enjoyed it, and I posted his DS2 one because of it.

Not sure why we have to question why someone posts anything, I posted it to share in case anyone wanted to see it as well.
 Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai
By Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai 2014-04-10 21:14:19  
Apologies, I just find it hard to understand how someone could enjoy this. Especially when being aware that it's fake.
 Shiva.Viciousss
サーバ: Shiva
user: Viciouss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2014-04-10 21:22:26  
El Presador is a lot funnier than that guy.
サーバ: Balmung
By Raein Tilgung 2014-04-10 21:59:43  
Opinions are opinions.
 Asura.Lokimaru
サーバ: Asura
user: Rocketpop
By Asura.Lokimaru 2014-04-11 01:50:41  
Michael is my favorite guy on the internet and I'm glad he did Dark Souls 2 on Rage Quit :>
[+]
サーバ: Balmung
By Raein Tilgung 2014-04-12 17:58:51  
Moonlight Greatsword was nerfed. Swing speed lowered and cannot be buffed anymore.

So was the Ring of Thorns and Old Sun Ring.
 Ragnarok.Rezeak
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Rezeak
By Ragnarok.Rezeak 2014-04-12 20:47:25  
Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai said: »
that was worse fake angry than angry joe

also, no one is that bad

How is this video "fake" he clearly joined convent of champs and went to the giants and got killed then eventually ran to the boss and got killed. Not being funny even for me I'd have a lot of trouble killing the giants without leveling up.

Either way, it looks a pretty legit first hour of someone playing dark souls 2 who doesn't know how the souls games work.

As for the rage. I think it's real but it just seems unnatural because he's clearly aware he's doing it for an audience... I still find it funny tho :)
 Bahamut.Rulerofdarkness
By Bahamut.Rulerofdarkness 2014-04-12 21:04:11  
Sophie Tilgung said: »
Moonlight Greatsword was nerfed. Swing speed lowered and cannot be buffed anymore.

They nerfed a lot of things, including the HP and damage of some bosses.

Welcome to Casual Souls 2.
 Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai
By Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai 2014-04-12 21:33:27  
NG++ Lost Sinner is probably the hardest boss I've encountered in the souls series, tbh.

I found this boss quite painful (in NG+/++ only, but more so in the latter, of course) but the rest of the bosses really are quite pathetic.

Not sure if the fight changes anymore in NG+++, aside from ramped up stats, haven't played in awhile.
 Phoenix.Dramatica
サーバ: Phoenix
user: Darkmagi1
By Phoenix.Dramatica 2014-04-12 21:48:16  
Bahamut.Rulerofdarkness said: »
Sophie Tilgung said: »

They nerfed a lot of things, including the HP and damage of some bosses.

Welcome to Casual Souls 2.
Only nerfed pathetically easy bosses I thought. Don't understand the change, but it's not like it makes the game any easier.
 Bahamut.Zellc
user: Zellc
By Bahamut.Zellc 2014-04-12 22:56:54  
Ohji Lunartail said: »
any tips for the pursuer? <havnt played in a few weeks so kinda behind everyone else lol>

Hope this isnt too late, but if you strafe around him to the right(shield side) you can avoid his attacks 98% of the time. He is vulnerable after each round of attacks or charge attack. Spend a min or two circling around him to see his moveset.
 Phoenix.Lxion
サーバ: Phoenix
user: Lxion
By Phoenix.Lxion 2014-04-12 23:00:48  
Lost Sinner has a drunken fighter vibe to it, I haven't fought it on NG++ but on NG+ it was tough. Imo The Four Kings from DS1 on NG+ and higher is quite difficult though, prolly the hardest for me to fight.

MLGS Nerf makes sense to me. Lost Giant's damage being reduced is unexpected since he moves so slow. The adds for the Flexile Sentry and Lost Sinner's nerfs are odd, since they die quite fast - 40+ STR and a Greatsword +10 will kill anything quite fast though.

Idk, most of the changes have the largest impact on New Game, though, and the real challenge really is New Game+ and higher so I guess they aren't that big of a deal.

On a side note, the menu optimization is so welcome I kind of want to cry lol.
First Page 2 3 ... 153 154 155 ... 224 225 226