フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Blue Mage » The Beast Within -- A Guide to Blue Mage
The Beast Within -- A Guide to Blue Mage
First Page 2 3 ... 302 303 304 ... 446 447 448
 Asura.Azriel
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Azriel
By Asura.Azriel 2016-08-03 08:37:45  
I see nothing really worthwhile - is it just me?
By Trashboat 2016-08-03 08:55:49  
Asura.Azriel said: »

It beats out nearly every piece of Amalric for int mab and macc. All the pieces having high acc and macc and will likely replace a lot of gear in sets that require both like sudden lunge...did you just not look that hard?
 Asura.Lunafreya
user: Lunafreya
By Asura.Lunafreya 2016-08-03 08:57:57  
At least for someone like me that hasn't gotten to abjuration gear yet (and might not for a long while), even the NQ ambuscade gear is an easier alternative than the random clusterfuck that is augmenting a bunch of helios.
By eliroo 2016-08-03 09:06:43  
Trashboat said: »

It beats out nearly every piece of Amalric for int mab and macc. All the pieces having high acc and macc and will likely replace a lot of gear in sets that require both like sudden lunge...did you just not look that hard?

Correct me if I am wrong but won't this gear destroy your recast?

+6% Gear haste means you need +19% haste. You would have to cast with the fugit belt and Hasty Pinion to hit 22% Haste and the difference will be less noticable. Sailifi Belt + Hasty Pinion would bring you to 17/18% which would also be less noticable.

Regardless you need some haste to make up for the recast. Unless I am missing something about recast.
By Trashboat 2016-08-03 09:12:22  
eliroo said: »

Correct me if I am wrong but won't this gear destroy your recast?

+6% Gear haste means you need +19% haste. You would have to cast with the fugit belt and Hasty Pinion to hit 22% Haste and the difference will be less noticable. Sailifi Belt + Hasty Pinion would bring you to 17/18% which would also be less noticable.

Regardless you need some haste to make up for the recast. Unless I am missing something about recast.

You're right it will, that doesn't mean it loses all value though. Plenty of time inbetween pulls if you're cleaving as one example.
By Boshi 2016-08-03 09:20:01  
Hands.
 Sylph.Traxus
サーバ: Sylph
user: traxusIV
By Sylph.Traxus 2016-08-03 09:36:55  
The loss of defensive stats will also hurt you while cleaving thou (or trying to nuke reis NMs from 11' away instead of 21' like everybody else).

Compared to NQ amalric, you lose 46 defense, 50 evasion (25% enemy hit rate, since I am not floored on cleave targets using evasion bonus), 16 magic defense (level 4 trait worth of mdef), *** 201 magic evasion, and 25% spell interruption.
[+]
 Bismarck.Laurelli
サーバ: Bismarck
user: ltantonio
By Bismarck.Laurelli 2016-08-03 10:39:05  
It's possible to cleave in this set. Just make sure you have aquaveil up don't pull in this set. If you have the correct accessories, you might be able to 1-shot stuff in this set. So if you set 2 spells and alternate them, you don't have to worry about recast.
This set may not be the best, but it is a step up for people who don't have amalric and can be used.
Aside from that, keep in mind that these sets are not made to use as a full set. So pick the correct piece for the correct macro and you might find more uses for it.
 Asura.Azriel
By Asura.Azriel 2016-08-03 10:41:06  
Boshi said: »
Hands.

Whats with hands? <.< wich use?
 Bismarck.Laurelli
By Bismarck.Laurelli 2016-08-03 10:45:55  
Hands.

WSD. WSD + MAB looks really good for Sanguine.
[+]
 Asura.Azriel
By Asura.Azriel 2016-08-03 10:46:30  

Yeah same reason for this set like the others imo, if you have nothing else - good start /
 Asura.Azriel
By Asura.Azriel 2016-08-03 10:49:18  
Bismarck.Laurelli said: »
Hands.

WSD. WSD + MAB looks really good for Sanguine.

Guess so, need to see it first how it does against MAB+42 and MAB+48 - Id be suprised if the INT makes up for it tho - i give you points for the WSD+ on Sanguine :D Thank you!
 Asura.Azriel
By Asura.Azriel 2016-08-03 10:50:46  
You're right it will, that doesn't mean it loses all value though.

No no no ^^ not the way i wanted to go, Ambu allways good if you havent acces to Sky/Reisen yet - Just seeing what this set offers or replaces for all the others that have acces to HQ gear.
 Bismarck.Laurelli
By Bismarck.Laurelli 2016-08-03 10:55:30  
oh, body is great for resting and idle while not getting hit, if you don't have amalric +1 and/or have bad luck with the SR body.
 Asura.Azriel
By Asura.Azriel 2016-08-03 10:57:52  
oh, body is great for resting and idle while not getting hit, if you don't have amalric +1 and/or have bad luck with the SR body.

Or get a real Herc Refresh+2 augment and give your PT Sphere Refresh 1 tick <.< idk ...

All bout that Sudden Lunge then ;/ yay!
 Bismarck.Laurelli
By Bismarck.Laurelli 2016-08-03 11:01:47  
I have yet to see refresh on any herc gear.
 Asura.Azriel
By Asura.Azriel 2016-08-03 11:02:43  
Come to Asura then. BAAAM!

Edit: We all idle in it here and stuff.
 Bismarck.Laurelli
By Bismarck.Laurelli 2016-08-03 11:26:18  
i doubt a server change will fix my bad luck.
 Asura.Azriel
By Asura.Azriel 2016-08-03 11:27:30  
To each its own voodoo :D

I have yet to see a BLU w/o herc refresh on here tho
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2016-08-03 11:32:39  
Plenty of time inbetween pulls if you're cleaving as one example.
Have to disagree here, keeping recasts low is pretty important for cleaving efficiently.
 Asura.Azriel
By Asura.Azriel 2016-08-03 11:32:51  
Fenrir.Nightfyre said: »
Have to disagree here, keeping recasts low is pretty important for cleaving efficiently.
 Sylph.Traxus
user: traxusIV
By Sylph.Traxus 2016-08-03 11:47:54  
Not to mention you're going to lose your shadows/verve charges very fast cleaving in these.
By eliroo 2016-08-03 12:10:38  
With a proper fast cast set won't the time you are actually in this gear be very minimal though?
 Odin.Llewelyn
サーバ: Odin
user: Llewelyn
By Odin.Llewelyn 2016-08-03 12:17:06  
Don't know how you cleave, but at the Raaz/Porxie/Chigoe camp I'm always taking hits in my nuking set due to the size of my pulls. Also, I don't know if the above is true and that each piece beats NQ Amalric since I never cared to check, but even if that was the case, in the instance of cleaving, you're already 2-shotting cleave targets with NQ Amalric anyway. 1-shotting if you cleave in notReisenjima. Not much point in hindering your defenses if it's not going to be changing your cleaving performance.

SE really handicapped the *** out of this set for no real reason.
[+]
 Bismarck.Zuidar
user: Radiuz
By Bismarck.Zuidar 2016-08-03 12:29:58  

same here for the witching robe for other jobs like blm/sch/geo, but not anymore now that we got the new body (unless you need +1 refresh augment for whm).
 Sylph.Oraen
user: Gaztastic
By Sylph.Oraen 2016-08-03 12:31:34  
I'm probably not putting any of this in my cleaving set, except perhaps the hands for a large macc gain over NQ Amalric. However, a few are going into the additional effect spells and pretty much all of it into elemental WS sets.
 Asura.Lunafreya
user: Lunafreya
By Asura.Lunafreya 2016-08-03 13:11:49  
Everyone is talking about how bad the set is, and I am sitting here like "Well feet are better than what I have...and legs...and hands...and body..."

xD
[+]
 Sylph.Oraen
user: Gaztastic
By Sylph.Oraen 2016-08-03 13:16:20  
The purpose of this set is to be a good stepping stone to superior pieces. Don't feel bad for using it while you're working towards better gear. Just understand the issues that the set poses so you can properly rectify them when you gain access to stronger items.
[+]
By eliroo 2016-08-03 13:37:09  
And really there are only two downsides to the set:

Recast - Which can be supplemented with a haste belt at very little loss to magic damage.

Defensive Stats - Pretty big when solo cleaving and when you want to nuke mobs that AoE a bit. Otherwise it won't matter if you have someone else pulling all the mobs.

I don't have the exact math but you may actually lose some damage going from Ambu +1 set to NQ Amalric.
First Page 2 3 ... 302 303 304 ... 446 447 448