2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Blue Mage » The Beast Within -- A Guide to Blue Mage
The Beast Within -- A Guide to Blue Mage
First Page 2 3 ... 290 291 292 ... 446 447 448
By fillerbunny9 2016-06-15 22:19:28  
Asura.Rodolfo said: »
Hey guys I was wondering if you wouldn't mind sharing with me your BLU magic spell list for melee dps. Yes, I know that BLU is versatile so one set isn't a catch all, but overall what do you normally use? Also, What are you using for TP/WS (CDC). Anything helps, thanks!

I'd direct you to the first page, where the gear sets are updated, and there are suggested spell lists depending on your current CP amounts.
 Asura.Rodolfo
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Tyrael
By Asura.Rodolfo 2016-06-16 03:57:27  
fillerbunny9 said: »
Hey guys I was wondering if you wouldn't mind sharing with me your BLU magic spell list for melee dps. Yes, I know that BLU is versatile so one set isn't a catch all, but overall what do you normally use? Also, What are you using for TP/WS (CDC). Anything helps, thanks!

I'd direct you to the first page, where the gear sets are updated, and there are suggested spell lists depending on your current CP amounts.

Cool I didnt know it was up-to-date. Most guides on here are not. Thanks.
 Asura.Arico
user: Tename
By Asura.Arico 2016-06-16 05:16:08  
Anyone have a good evasion/dt set for pulling dragons in escha zitah?
 Sylph.Atigevomega
サーバ: Sylph
By Sylph.Atigevomega 2016-06-16 06:21:31  
Sylph.Oraen said: »
Just take into consideration that with proper support, WAR and DRK are pretty close with Ragnarok. BLU just eliminates the need for excess support. More than welcome to work on BLU, as I've slowly converted my entire LS to do, I'm just saying that you shouldn't feel a necessity to do so. Play what you enjoy, not what people pigeonhole you into playing.

This right here Oreo!!! You sir, need to come and see the AG Rag in action my friend! Blu is still sexy to though! I had a good teacher.
By Takisan 2016-06-16 07:20:01  

Well to be honest your own style will suit you best to adapt to w/e an enemy throws at you. There are suggested optimal set-ups on the first page of this forum like Zahak reborn. Floppyseconds also has an awesome guide on ffxi bg called "Out of the Blu" which I think has some spell set-ups. But its best to know the ins and outs of these sets and change things as you see you need to change. Like taking off stp trait for acc if your fighting something really evasive or white wind over magic fruit. Just have to be mindful and adjust as need-be.
By geigei 2016-06-16 08:12:04  
Asura.Arico said: »

Yea, is called barrier tusk.
By Takisan 2016-06-16 08:25:03  

1st page of this forum scroll down and there's dt sets and mdt sets. Cocoon or reactor cool, phalanx, mighty guard, occulation are good to use.
 Sylph.Atigevomega
By Sylph.Atigevomega 2016-06-16 11:02:05  

Here dude this is what i use, kind of an all around set.

ammo="Mantoptera Eye",
head="Lithelimb Cap",
body={ name="Herculean Vest", augments={'Accuracy+21','Damage taken-3%','STR+1','Attack+6',}},
hands={ name="Herculean Gloves", augments={'Damage taken-3%','Accuracy+6','Attack+9',}},
legs={ name="Herculean Trousers", augments={'Phys. dmg. taken -5%','VIT+3','Accuracy+3','Attack+11',}},
feet={ name="Herculean Boots", augments={'Damage taken-2%','DEX+2','Accuracy+10',}},
neck="Twilight Torque",
waist="Flume Belt",
left_ear="Ethereal Earring",
right_ear="Etiolation Earring",
left_ring="Vocane Ring",
right_ring="Defending Ring",
back="Solemnity Cape
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2016-06-16 17:36:14  
--- --- xxx Brigantia Pebble
Herculean Helm Loricate +1 --- Genmei Earring
Emet Harness +1 Herculean Gloves Defending Ring Warden's Ring
Shadow Mantle Flume Belt +1 Carmine Cuisses +1 Herculean Boots

50% on the nose if you've got all three -DT vorseals and DT/PDT-4% on each Herc piece (head is interchangeable with Iuitl +1/Hagondes +1). Can swap Warden's Ring out for Gelatinous +1/Vocane and/or add in a second PDT earring if you need to make up for losses in other slots. My left earring is Ethereal, but that's moreso a product of how I generate this set (default PDT set with Carmine toggled in over it) than any (lack of) effort towards specifically optimizing a DT/movement set. I get very little MP back from Ethereal while cleaving, and most of what I do get is a result of Phalanx/Stoneskin going down when my attention wanders.

If you want to be really fancy you could set something up around Genbu/Genmei Shield and/or Mafic Cudgel since TP doesn't matter, but I don't even know what you'd swap in at that point aside from a bit of extra def/VIT. Common alternatives like meva and cure potency received simply aren't relevant for cleaving.
 Asura.Azriel
user: Azriel
By Asura.Azriel 2016-06-16 18:34:22  
Since you asked for pulling, might consider those also:

http://www.ffxiah.com/item/27410/hippo-socks-1

yw ^^
 Quetzalcoatl.Excalin
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
user: Excalin
By Quetzalcoatl.Excalin 2016-06-17 14:31:28  
Fenrir.Nightfyre said: »
Herculean Boots +1

Where can I get on that action?!?!?!
[+]
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2016-06-17 15:27:36  
Soopa seekret jp hq button

Ironically, that's the one Herc piece where I have PDT instead of DT. Got a decent acc augment alongside PDT-4.
 Quetzalcoatl.Mayuh
user: Mayulaa
By Quetzalcoatl.Mayuh 2016-06-21 08:50:09  
I got a question about Winds of Promy...

How do you force the monster to use it ?
I've killed 40+ Thinker with 2 to 4 TP move per monster and they never used it, despite of Dia III from Koru-Moru or Poison from /RDM.

Am i missing something or is there a way to "force" the Thinker to use it ? ( i know it's random etc... i just might have 0 luck with this one )
 Bahamut.Vinedrius
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Devrom
By Bahamut.Vinedrius 2016-06-21 09:29:15  
Quetzalcoatl.Mayuh said: »
I got a question about Winds of Promy...

How do you force the monster to use it ?
I've killed 40+ Thinker with 2 to 4 TP move per monster and they never used it, despite of Dia III from Koru-Moru or Poison from /RDM.

Am i missing something or is there a way to "force" the Thinker to use it ? ( i know it's random etc... i just might have 0 luck with this one )

They can use WoP without any erasable debuff on them. The main problem is the number of moves they can use. There is also no point in killing them before they use WoP. You can pop a stronger version in abyssea which can also hit you reliably to get tp in addition to your dia spam to feed it tp.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2016-06-21 09:36:29  
I'm pretty sure you can force WoP if you keep it at a certain distance away from you (probably >=10'). I don't remember them having any other attacks that work at that range, but even if they do it'll limit their options considerably.
 Quetzalcoatl.Mayuh
user: Mayulaa
By Quetzalcoatl.Mayuh 2016-06-21 10:49:51  
Ok i'll try the one @ abyssea if keeping the promyvion ones @ distance doesn't trigger it. Thx for the answers. ^^

EDIT: Thx a ton for the advice ! BLU/RDM with blind, dia, bio + gravity/bind forced them to use it. ^^ ( only took 3 Thinker ! )
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2016-06-22 20:59:25  
In short, because it's a hell of a lot more complicated than that.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Phuoc
サーバ: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Phuoc 2016-06-23 00:20:25  
Siren.Sandraa said: »
Sylph.Atigevomega said: »
This right here Oreo!!! You sir, need to come and see the AG Rag in action my friend! Blu is still sexy to though! I had a good teacher.
Even if love DRK. I just dont understand how an AG Rag WAR - DRK can be close of a Tizona - Almace BLU.

Ukko's fury have 2.0 FTP at 1000% TP
Fudo its 3.75
Torcleaver 4.75
Rudra's storm 5.0
CDC nearly 9.8.

Lets say DDS are 80% Haste, GEO/COR, Berserk etc.

How the hell a two-hander job will beat with 5.0 - 7.0 a WS can go 9.8 to 14 wihout even try.... I dont get that, unless the BLU its a retard, unless the BLU its holding TP. Its simple math 5.0 cant beat 10.0.

In lower haste scenarios like 30 - 40% probably the two-hander ws frecuently can put more heavy on their favor but in High buff scenarios i dont think so.

When im on DRK and i see a SAM or a WAR i put evil smile cuz i know their WS are vasty inferior to Torcleaver - Resolution. The difference here its like 1.0 - 2.0 Ratio and i see myself with a HUGE advantaje.

A BLU must be eyerolling when he see a lolSAM trying out damage him with his patethic 3.75 fudo, when he can go 12 FTP without even sweat. I dont wanna be a *** but

I WOULD LOVE to see Draylo/Nightfyre BLU VS Savael WAR or DRK. To see a real competitive PARSE. Cuz most of the times a DRK outparse a ***BLU and come to claim DRK its stronger xD

I have (in my opinnion) the best drk - war across servers in my ls and the parses we've done him on drk and me on blu werent by any means a wash from me to him, in fact they were very even fights really, drk and specially rag war are extremelly good.

Numbers in paper is 1 thing and doing the actual fights is another because there are so many things that can modify a parse for example amnesia, say 2 blu do sr and blu 1 gets amnesia constantly thru the 3 fights, who would parse better?

Id say have fun and only parse to know stuff the acc needed for nms and things like that imo.
[+]
 Asura.Azagarth
user: Azagarth
By Asura.Azagarth 2016-06-23 00:27:13  
how much of an increase will sequence/colada be over tam+1/colada? I love blu but will never get a mythic or empy, and just recently hit 50k beads. I have been eyeballing aeonic but I am also interested in gun and katana so its been a hard choice and I havent heard anything amazing about sword so far unless offhand for a mythic or empy haha.
By geigei 2016-06-23 01:14:27  
Asura.Azagarth said: »
how much of an increase will sequence/colada be over tam+1/colada? I love blu but will never get a mythic or empy, and just recently hit 50k beads. I have been eyeballing aeonic but I am also interested in gun and katana so its been a hard choice and I havent heard anything amazing about sword so far unless offhand for a mythic or empy haha.

Enough to notice an increase eyeballing, cant go wrong with sequence unless you offhand like some jp.
 Asura.Azagarth
user: Azagarth
By Asura.Azagarth 2016-06-23 01:44:30  
Also, I have been messing with my MBD floe set (lot of fun lately) and have found it to be quite good. im pulling on solo apex crabs/pugils 36k at 300 jp lol. Which means 0 buffs for it, using tam/colada and only floe itself set as a magic spell. Wanted to test low end to see and 36k consistent and I am missing seshaw cape still lol. I would not be surprised if blu could mb 99k every 3 mins with proper buffs/gear/spellset. While in itself every 3 mins isnt crazy dps, but its fun and takes no time to throw a mb floe out every once in awhile :D (I secretly hate all the lazy mages that cant land a 10 sec window mb)
By geigei 2016-06-23 01:59:05  
Blu can 99k lots of stuff ^^
By Blazed1979 2016-06-23 03:43:51  
If we are talking about ZERGS trash mobs like Ambuscade, Escha low tiers, unity, easy high tier battlefields. WAR using a RAG AG will beat any DPS just using Migty strikes.... resolution - Scourge Self lights GG.

I personally think if you've gone MS fully buffed, you're going to do much more dmg just spamming 40-65k resolutions. Landing a 10-15k scourge with a 10-15k light is a missed opportunity at another 40-60k resolution. Unless you have another war or drk closing with scourge, just go balls out crazy with resolution if you've put on MS.

I can only speak about DRK, WAR and BLU, but I assume its the same for top tier Koga SAMS and Ryo DRGs - Tizona will win, all things controlled for, but it isnt going to be by a huge margin, or even big enough margin to claim it is the undisputed king.

However, speaking about jobs - Blu does indeed wipe the floor with the DRK/WAR/SAM/DRG/MNK/NIN

It has more survivability, requires less support, can crowd control, cleave, heal, deal melee dmg, deal all types of magical damage, drastically enhance the party's performance and more.

In addition, Blu is one of those jobs that can stand on its own without a subjob and still be better than most. BLU/RUN isn't going to suffer much of a dps loss in comparison to BLU/WAR. Unlike for example WAR/RUN or or DRK/RUN.
 Asura.Arnan
user: amadis
By Asura.Arnan 2016-06-23 05:06:15  
The gap between a perfect BLU and a perfect WAR is not as big as people think

I WOULD LOVE to see Draylo/Nightfyre BLU VS Savael WAR or DRK. To see a real competitive PARSE. Cuz most of the times a DRK outparse a ***BLU and come to claim DRK its stronger xD

I have parsed against Saevel's WAR several times now of stuff like high tier bettle fields, He has everything for rag WAR (full argosy +1, emicho hands/body +1) and I have pretty much everything for melee BLU apart from +1 Adhemar hands. If it wernt for the fact that I receive the WAR's overpowered Warcry or Blood Rage then WAR would probably win every time, providing it has capped haste.
 Sylph.Atigevomega
By Sylph.Atigevomega 2016-06-23 05:37:24  
Well I have WAR, and im far from perfect, only 2 argossy +1 atm, working on the rest. But when people dont want my blu (which is also good, but again far from perfect) I have held my own every time on the parse. BUT I also kind of stopped caring about the numbers, i came back to have fun and play what i like. The key to war though is that capped haste, without that, i would fall short. I will say though Reso > Ground Strike > Scourge > Reso > Scourge for a double light... AWESOME

Oh and well yeah i can not deny BLU utility and survivability being far superior though.
By Blazed1979 2016-06-23 05:43:27  
Asura.Arnan said: »
The gap between a perfect BLU and a perfect WAR is not as big as people think

I have parsed against Saevel's WAR several times now of stuff like high tier bettle fields, He has everything for rag WAR (full argosy +1, emicho hands/body +1) and I have pretty much everything for melee BLU apart from +1 Adhemar hands. If it wernt for the fact that I receive the WAR's overpowered Warcry or Blood Rage then WAR would probably win every time, providing it has capped haste.

2 more days until I'm done with my Tizona and able to test/compare it to my conqueror/liberator/ragnarok.

I'm fairly certain its going to be no more than 2% ahead of conqueror and Liberator.(not counting skillchains)

I've parsed hundreds of fights vs tizonas with my weapons. You've got to be very aggressive to keep up with proper blues. But if a Blu chooses not to magic fruit themselves, and completly depend on support, you can easily tell because their damage on the parse starts climbing really really fast.

The worst parse I've seen had Phuoc 600k dmg ahead of my Almace over a 2 hour period because we had good support stunning/healing. So he did nothing but DPS. was crazy.

edit: I think my CDC set might need some work though.
at the moment its
head="Adhemar Bonnet +1",
body="Adhemar Jacket +1",
hands="Adhemar Wristbands +1",
legs="Samnuha Tights",
feet="Thereoid Greaves",
neck="Fotia Gorget",
waist="Fotia Belt",
left_ear="Moonshade Earring",
right_ear="Brutal Earring",
left_ring="Hetairoi Ring",
right_ring="Epona's Ring",
back="Rosmerta's cape"}
 Valefor.Susake
サーバ: Valefor
user: Soundwave
By Valefor.Susake 2016-06-23 06:02:38  
We are starting to sound like broken records, lol. For me it just depends on the group, if i have reliable support/healing ill play WAR/DRK/DRG, if not, then it's BLU/NIN/THF. The damage outputs are all similar, utility and survivability being the deciding factors.

Blazed your CDC set looks to be on point, only thing i would suggest is a Herc. Vest or Abnoba Kaftan.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 290 291 292 ... 446 447 448