The Beast Within -- A Guide to Blue Mage
First Page 2 3 ... 235 236 237 ... 446 447 448
 Bahamut.Vinedrius
サーバ: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: Devrom
By Bahamut.Vinedrius 2015-12-03 04:26:44  
Leviathan.Angenard said: »
Sorry to bother people but I have a question. Where would a recent 99 Blue Mage farm CP points solo. (0 JP at the moment) I am on Mobile so it's a bit harder to post my equip for effective feedback.

Again this is at the top of my head sorry for inaccurate names etc. I just need guidance since I am a noob player that wants to continue to learn and progress as a player.

There is a pretty good hippogryph camp east of 3/4# in Reisenjima. There are no other mobs and no night time pops at that camp and only one thunder elemental pops during weather so as long as there aren't any other cleaver, you should be fine with the new elemental nukes and subduction. You won't even need to buff yourself that much. Just make sure to keep up Carcarian Verve up and call one healer just in case it drops at a bad time. Other than that, use whatever pdt gear you already have, occultation, regeneration when needed etc. You won't need to turtle up even further with phalanx and stuff. They die in 2 big nukes or 1 big nuke and 2 subduction with a mediocre nuke set. Just run around, nuking down 2-3 at a time. They repop pretty fast and have low HPs for a Reisenjima mob.
 Leviathan.Angenard
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Angenard
By Leviathan.Angenard 2015-12-03 04:31:30  
Thanks guys! I really appreciate it. Now to grind.
 Bahamut.Vinedrius
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Devrom
By Bahamut.Vinedrius 2015-12-03 05:29:40  
Leviathan.Angenard said: »
Thanks guys! I really appreciate it. Now to grind.

For the trusts other than 1 healer, I used 4 passive supports; Kupofried (xp/cp+), Moogle (refresh), Sakura (regen), Star Sibyl (matt+).

Also, I forgot to mention an important thing about this camp. You can magic hammer those hippos to fill whole of your mp pool in one shot.
 Sylph.Parshias
サーバ: Sylph
user: Parshias
By Sylph.Parshias 2015-12-03 07:21:47  
Sylph.Oraen said: »
In which situations did you find average Herculean beating Samnuha? With utterly perfect augments, I find them to be only slightly above Samnuha.

I just had average Herculean beating out Samnuha for CDC, I didn't do a comparison for the TP phase yet. I'll check out the updated spreadsheet this afternoon.

I've had 4TA hands and feet handily beating other options IF you are not dropping too much STP. Assuming STP5 trait, lupine cape, Petrov, and Samnuha tights during TP, I have not found situations where NQ Adhemar wristbands win.

Here I was just swapping out single equip slots, so I guess your comparison makes more sense. I also saw Taeon beating out Herculean Boots for TP, but I wasn't making up the DW bonus anywhere. I was thinking that DW earring from Azi Dahaka could be a good replacement, but I haven't managed to get it from him yet.
 Quetzalcoatl.Langly
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
user: Langly
By Quetzalcoatl.Langly 2015-12-03 11:07:55  
Something seemed funny even after comparing some of these Adhemar and and Herc pieces together and I found a few more errors on the spreadsheet.

Data!Row 103 (Hit Rate)
This is an important row because it decides if we're even taking accuracy into account. But lo! It had a hard value of 99%, it didn't care what target you were facing! It capped your accuracy.

Data!B103 Should be:
Code
=MAX(MIN(B102,99%), 20%)

Data!C103 Should be:
Code
=MAX(MIN(C102,99%), 20%)

Data!D103 Should be:
Code
=MAX(MIN(D102,99%), 20%)

Data!E103 Should be:
Code
=MAX(MIN(E102,99%), 20%)

Now we're correctly taking accuracy into account. (Making the acc available on certain pieces actually mean something on some targets! Weeee~)

Same problem on Hand 2, Data!Row 163 has a hard coded value of 99%. While true for main hand, it should be 95% still for offhand. (That never changed... right?)

Data!B163 Should be:
Code
=MAX(MIN(B162,95%), 20%)

Data!C163 Should be:
Code
=MAX(MIN(C162,95%), 20%)

Data!D163 Should be:
Code
=MAX(MIN(D162,95%), 20%)

Data!E163 Should be:
Code
=MAX(MIN(E162,95%), 20%)

One thing to note here, is this will now more accurately reflect gearsets where one set lacks larger quantities of accuracy (notably the adhemar v herc)

You may want to put in Eschan IT or Ascended targets into the spreadsheet or just generic 125/130/135/140 creatures. As well as Sublime Sushi, as it's 100 acc can certainly help in some of these scenarios as a food choice.

It's kind of awkward in FFXI at the moment, with so much of the high tier content existing behind an accuracy check that previous 119 gear wasn't able to solve. Ridiculous amounts of geo bubbles, bard songs, corsair rolls, or rdm debuffs were necessary to engage these things. While a gigantic pain in the arse, these augmentable gearsets are giving us another avenue into some of these fights~
[+]
By Takisan 2015-12-03 12:26:11  
don't forget about stat caps depending on stone. So far, there have been zero reports of getting stats above 10 without taupe, and no reports of TA above 3 without fern. So, the absolute maximum cap for gear will look like this:

Pellucid: 10DEX, 40ACC/40ATK, 3TA or 4 crit rate or 4 critdmg or 5 STP
Fern: 10DEX, 35ACC/35ATK, 4TA or 5 crit rate or 5 critdmg or 6 STP
Taupe: 15DEX, 35ACC/35ATK, 3TA or 4 crit rate or 4 critdmg or 5 STP

Well I managed to slightly break the 35ACC by 3 with a taupe stone but the rest of my stats aren't perfect. Maybe its a give and take system?
 Sylph.Oraen
user: Gaztastic
By Sylph.Oraen 2015-12-03 12:27:16  
Fixed and updated in the OP.

If you happen to have any data on the stats of some higher level targets, please share any information you have. I've been wanting to add better targets for comparison for a long time, but I don't know general stats for them. Thanks again for keeping an eye out for errors in this thing.

Very interesting on that Taupe augment. Reading up on other posts makes it seem that acc/atk have a chance of getting double rolls independent of the stone, making it possible to hit 40/40 regardless of which you use. However, nothing I've seen suggests we can break the attribute or supplementary stat augments without their aligned stone. Apologies for incorrect information in my previous post.
 Sylph.Oraen
By Sylph.Oraen 2015-12-03 12:58:27  
Sylph.Parshias said: »
Here I was just swapping out single equip slots, so I guess your comparison makes more sense. I also saw Taeon beating out Herculean Boots for TP, but I wasn't making up the DW bonus anywhere. I was thinking that DW earring from Azi Dahaka could be a good replacement, but I haven't managed to get it from him yet.

Personally, to make up my missing DW from Taeon, I use Suppanomimi. 1 extra DW over Eabani, as well as 5 sword skill makes it a much better choice if you went with that for your reward.
 Sylph.Gobbo
user: Gobbo
By Sylph.Gobbo 2015-12-03 13:22:24  
Very interesting on that Taupe augment. Reading up on other posts makes it seem that acc/atk have a chance of getting double rolls independent of the stone, making it possible to hit 40/40 regardless of which you use. However, nothing I've seen suggests we can break the attribute or supplementary stat augments without their aligned stone. Apologies for incorrect information in my previous post.

Pretty sure it's just a "law of large numbers" sort of thing. Since you're guaranteed that slot, you're far more likely to see maxed augments on them.
 Sylph.Oraen
By Sylph.Oraen 2015-12-03 13:25:37  
That's quite possible as well. I've just never seen 4 TA or 11+ stat without fern or taupe, respectively, in around 13000 stones. Then again, this system is horrendously random, so Hell if I know anything for sure.
 Quetzalcoatl.Langly
By Quetzalcoatl.Langly 2015-12-03 13:47:39  
Link to BG

I know in all my stones I've seen Pellucid and Taupe give me the 5 values for Crit not just Fern. Wonder if it's gear+stone specific.

The augment system does have the 'fail' chance like it did for Skirmish gear, seeing ranged stats on 'melee' prompt and the like. So I wouldn't be too surprised if all stones could hit the caps, albeit rarely.
 Quetzalcoatl.Langly
By Quetzalcoatl.Langly 2015-12-03 13:48:34  
Fixed and updated in the OP.

If you happen to have any data on the stats of some higher level targets, please share any information you have. I've been wanting to add better targets for comparison for a long time, but I don't know general stats for them. Thanks again for keeping an eye out for errors in this thing.

No problem. I just want to get to the truth. Or as close to it as possible. Ha ha. Making sure the results are right is one step of that process.
 Sylph.Oraen
By Sylph.Oraen 2015-12-03 13:57:24  
Alright, I don't have any idea at all about this system anymore. Everything I had seen was working under the assumption that each stone had individual caps. This complicates things a ridiculous amount.
 Siren.Kyte
サーバ: Siren
By Siren.Kyte 2015-12-03 13:58:01  
I'm 80% sure the 12 DEX augment I got was with a Fern stone.
 Asura.Dourdon
サーバ: Asura
user: Dourden
By Asura.Dourdon 2015-12-04 15:59:19  
One thing I noticed in exporting some of this gear to GS is that the stats you read in game are actually the aggregate of separate rolls. So the acc may have been capped at 35 for that slot, but an additional roll of 3 acc was added.

For example my last roll on Herc feet show Str 15, Acc 18, Att 24, TA 1. But when exported it reads augments={'Accuracy+18 Attack+18','"Triple Atk."+1','STR+15','Attack+6',}

So your first assumption was probably correct, it's just multiple rolls can stack stats.

So maybe each piece gets up to 5 rolls and that's what creates some of this variance?

RNG makes my head explode!
 Sylph.Oraen
By Sylph.Oraen 2015-12-04 16:27:10  
Alright, updated spreadsheet with the set bonuses for Adhemar, Amalric, and Carmine.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B9dF3NWykG3Mc29hY1dIX2UzQms/view?usp=sharing

I'll try to have gearsets/weapons/spellsets updated within the next few days.
[+]
 Valefor.Redenius
サーバ: Valefor
user: Redenius
By Valefor.Redenius 2015-12-04 16:34:46  
Just a question, but wouldn't Head Butt be a useful spell to have as well?
 Sylph.Oraen
By Sylph.Oraen 2015-12-04 16:42:31  
It's useful for leveling, but Sudden Lunge fills its role MUCH better.
 Sylph.Hyunkyl
user: hyunkyl
By Sylph.Hyunkyl 2015-12-04 17:05:33  
Does the Magic Burst+5% from Static earring work with Blue magic spells?

https://www.bg-wiki.com/bg/Static_Earring
 Sylph.Oraen
By Sylph.Oraen 2015-12-04 17:07:44  
Yes, it does. To my knowledge, all magic burst damage bonus items work with blue magic spells.

Guide updated a little bit with our new sword options. Will be adding a section for nuking choices soon, as well as updating gearsets and making Tizona-specific sets.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Langly
By Quetzalcoatl.Langly 2015-12-04 18:26:30  
Thanks for your work Oraen! If you are able, include a flag or setting for the Gifts, so the system knows if you're getting an extra trait of dual wield/store tp/acc bonus etc.

Would make it easier than throwing it all into the 'custom' portion of the gear tab! :D
 Sylph.Oraen
By Sylph.Oraen 2015-12-04 18:30:52  
I think I'm gonna be needing your help on that one. No clue how to add in gifts/JTBs. Jeanpaul is the only reason I was able to get set bonuses working properly.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Sekundes
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Sekundes
By Ragnarok.Sekundes 2015-12-05 14:52:28  
Asura.Floppyseconds said: »
716/1500, gaawwwwdddd

Working out deals here for trading dumb cuticles for metals at bad ratios and having XP leeches sell for reduced prices.

Motor through this~~~
I know your pain. I've done 3k HMP so far...

Post deleted by User.
[+]
By Takisan 2015-12-05 19:39:26  
/sigh so I spammed Pakecet... 1 jovian body out of 15 pops. Freakin ridiculously low drop rate. Not to mention we had a thf there with us. 5 Venerian bodies and about 4 or so Triton bodies. 1 cape, 2 bodies dropped.

Anyone else have any experience with Pakecet? Do you have to fight this guy on like a fires day between 22 and 24 game time on a full moon for him to drop Jovian?
 Sylph.Oraen
By Sylph.Oraen 2015-12-05 19:50:49  
The entire Ru'Aunn loot system is garbage. Far too many drops and far too few useful ones. Went 0/14 on Venerian for our mages the other night, and 1/19 Kaftans. Don't worry, though. We got plenty of Kurys Gloves and subligars.
 Caitsith.Mahayaya
サーバ: Caitsith
user: Trebold
By Caitsith.Mahayaya 2015-12-05 20:08:16  
We got lucky and got our top LS RDM the Venerian body and the Jovian body dropped in the same kill so we got that for him too.

Post deleted by User.
First Page 2 3 ... 235 236 237 ... 446 447 448