Random Question Thread (FFXI Related)

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » General » Random Question thread (FFXI related)
Random Question thread (FFXI related)
First Page 2 3 ... 463 464 465 ... 838 839 840
By Morihei 2016-10-28 07:42:37  
Questions!

Is there a cap to Martial Arts?
If so, how do you know when you've reached it?
Is the new Monk with Smite and ambu/earring boosts able to keep up with the other all-star melee jobs now?
 Leviathan.Stamos
サーバ: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
user: Stamos
By Leviathan.Stamos 2016-10-28 07:56:13  
No cap, you can go easily can go over and hurt your TP.

It depends on your weapon, and how much haste you currently have.

Scroll down to Martial Arts

Maybe after the update. As it stands MNK is very weak.
By Pantafernando 2016-10-28 15:25:39  
Afania said: »
Daemythos said: »
When using the ingame macro system;

do you need to have a <wait> command when equipping gearsets before using a WS?

e.g;

/equipset 1
/wait 1
/ws "X"
/wait 1
/equipset 2

?

No, don't need wait for JA nor ws.

I think you need at least one wait to execute 3 commands /equipset -> /ws -> wait -> /equipset.

Doing 3 commands without wait result in game sending error message.
 Valefor.Kiaru
サーバ: Valefor
user: Shiyo
By Valefor.Kiaru 2016-10-28 22:36:42  
WOE worth farming?

If so, how does one farm it?
 Valefor.Kiaru
By Valefor.Kiaru 2016-10-28 22:37:24  

e.g;

/equipset 1
/wait 1
/ws "X"
/wait 1
/equipset 2

?
You can also put <wait 1> on the same line as other stuff now.
By Afania 2016-10-28 23:22:42  
Pantafernando said: »
Afania said: »

e.g;

/equipset 1
/wait 1
/ws "X"
/wait 1
/equipset 2

?

No, don't need wait for JA nor ws.

I think you need at least one wait to execute 3 commands /equipset -> /ws -> wait -> /equipset.

Doing 3 commands without wait result in game sending error message.

Oops I missed what he is trying to do here, sure put a wait behind ws, but remove the first wait before ws.

I personally just do 2 macro for ws and tp though, that way I can also manually pick different tp set depending on situation, different tier of acc for JA up and down, different tier of DW for hasteup and down etc. Otherwise you'd be locked in 1 single tp set in 1 macro.
 Valefor.Monkeynutz
By Valefor.Monkeynutz 2016-10-29 02:34:58  
Leviathan.Dirtaru said: »
Which +2 stones do dmg + augment to alluvion skirmish bow. And how many do you think it will take to even get a crappy dmg+ augment lol

Dusktip (+1/+2), range should be 1-32. It's pretty random, but I spent 9 duskslit +1 stones earlier tonight to get a decent damage augment on a H2H weapon, though I think I got pretty lucky. Saw a damage augment 1/3 of the time, being +3, +12, and +25.
By Pantafernando 2016-10-29 07:28:49  
Hi.

This week ive been spamming SR for some maxed pieces.

IMO, the trickiest foe there is Teodor (arciela II is the hardest imo due to tchakka/yumcax spam).

Trickiest because he uses shadows and makes impossible to sch skillchain so i waste time till he can use the hemo move to erase the shadows. My question is if waiting is all we can do in this phase? I also do minor dmg spamming T1 spells that sometimes it lands but its undeniable thats the slowest phase in SR for me at least.

Second, not related to the event per se, but ive been using mules, and due to massive spam, often i hit the windower crash that happens when warping multiboxes at same time. Im aware that currently this doesnt have a fix atm, but i would like to ask if there is any trick to reduce the amount of crashes that happens.

EDIT: also, is there any trick to makes easier to get a wanted piece aside fast warp out? I mean, im ok with dealing with the random pieces (at least the augments seems fixed) but its a bother the constant darcuiln > morimar > sajjaka/august when all i want is ingrid/teodor/arciela II...

Thanks in advance.
By Antisense 2016-10-29 08:19:12  
You have about 2-3 seconds after Start from Scratch to apply a helix before shadows are applied. That may help speed it up.

5 seconds is the longest interval that I've observed between buffs wiping and the helix landing but I think I just managed to get lucky and avoid a shadow.
[+]
By Pantafernando 2016-10-29 09:48:58  
Hi.

Well, as i said, im decided to farm SR till i can get a maxed samnhua tights. But others pieces that interest me are taming sari and dampening tam. But im not sure if those are worth the effort. So i ask, what other piece can beat both for thf and blu, or what augments in reisen to beat those (not considering hq abjuration).

Thanks in advance.
 Sylph.Jeanpaul
MSPaint Champion
サーバ: Sylph
user: JeanPaul
By Sylph.Jeanpaul 2016-10-29 10:20:55  
Taming Sari is the best non-RMEA dagger for THF. Getting one with at least decent augments is a pretty big jump over the other daggers. Getting two is a great accuracy choice but not necessary.

Dampening Tam is really useful for THF, though it's possible you could get a lucky Herculean augment. Would need high 30s acc and a decent DEX augment to compete with the accuracy alone though. However, if you're just spamming for a Tam, you can always warp out anytime you enter and don't get Ingrid.
[+]
By Pantafernando 2016-10-29 11:05:23  
Thanks.

I think SR rewards were painfully designed to make the event last longer than it should but im ok if im working in something will keep relevant for some time, even more considering the amount of gear being added to game reduced since ambuscade.

Maybe im just worried that at some point ambuscade will bring the thaumas 119 that can change the hyerarchy of light gear, but we will see.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2016-10-29 11:23:01  
(arciela II is the hardest imo due to tchakka/yumcax spam).

I know it doesn't have to do entirely with your question, but if there's one thing I've learned from doing SR it's that taking the Naakual's hits is not necessary. The AoE range on most of the attacks is far smaller than it would be in Delve/WKR. If your DPS isn't strong enough to burn Arcy down in 20s or less, you can tank Arcy in the center and run out (and in the case of Muyingwa/Tojil, to the side) to the edge of the arena from every Naakual that isn't Tchakka (stand next to him, ofc) and avoid every one of their attacks if they're really causing you problems.
By Antisense 2016-10-30 09:32:09  
Augment distribution for SR drops could be a lot, lot worse, like Reisenjima augment worse. As it currently is, there seems to be a smaller pool of possible augment combinations or the probability of getting max augments is far higher than what would be expected if each augment combination were equally likely.

For example with tights there are theoretically 1,936 possible augment combinations (11x11x4x4 with STR+10 DEX+10 DA+3 TA+3 being the max values) but the set of combinations is likely far smaller than 1,936 and max results are far more common than 1 in 1,936.
[+]
By Pantafernando 2016-10-31 15:07:37  
Valefor.Kiaru said: »
WOE worth farming?

WoE is more worth to farm if you can have multiples chars or want to save you some cash by farming your own mats. If farming for gear, either to sell or for yourself, you first gonna need some decent setup to beat those NM as some of them are troublesome. Aside that, the surge can take some time before it happens. And most sellable items either dont have much cash or sell too slow at current prices.

IMO, its not hard to find something more profitable than this.

About how to farm, first you check what item you want to get (like flume belt, windbuffet, enchanter earring) then keep spamming the flux that drops that. Eventually it can surge (level up) with 119 NM and chance to drop 119 items.
[+]
By Morihei 2016-11-01 09:35:17  
I'm back! Is it possible to get 119 Avatars without getting the ammo items? Can't I just get them through having 119 gear? I bought the Sancus sachet, only to find out that it's SU2, and I'm struggling a bit to get the Seraphicaller.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2016-11-01 09:43:43  
only the ammo determines avatar level, at least get eminent sachet in the meantime
 Asura.Pergatory
サーバ: Asura
user: Pergatory
By Asura.Pergatory 2016-11-01 10:50:00  
100 job points isn't really a lot to obtain and job points help *massively* on SMN anyway, so I wouldn't worry much about Seraphicaller if you can inch along without it.
 Sylph.Oraen
user: Gaztastic
By Sylph.Oraen 2016-11-01 13:15:33  
Random thought I was asked earlier today: when doing a WS trial, in this case the trial for Savage Blade, can you use Marksmanship WSs and have them count for the required WSs? I expect not, but I'm not positive, and I'd rather be certain than give the wrong information.
 Asura.Truece
user: Truece
By Asura.Truece 2016-11-01 14:13:31  
You cannot. You must use a weaponskill of the same type that you are trying to unlock (so for Savage Blade, you need a sword weaponskill).
[+]
 Sylph.Oraen
user: Gaztastic
By Sylph.Oraen 2016-11-01 14:19:32  
Figured as much, just wanted to doublecheck. Appreciate it.
 Valefor.Kiaru
By Valefor.Kiaru 2016-11-01 14:57:14  
Valefor.Kiaru said: »
WOE worth farming?

WoE is more worth to farm if you can have multiples chars or want to save you some cash by farming your own mats. If farming for gear, either to sell or for yourself, you first gonna need some decent setup to beat those NM as some of them are troublesome. Aside that, the surge can take some time before it happens. And most sellable items either dont have much cash or sell too slow at current prices.

IMO, its not hard to find something more profitable than this.

About how to farm, first you check what item you want to get (like flume belt, windbuffet, enchanter earring) then keep spamming the flux that drops that. Eventually it can surge (level up) with 119 NM and chance to drop 119 items.
Thanks a lot for the reply. I mainly want to farm coins/dice/liminal(whatever it's called). The three upgrade items for 99 WOE weapons so I can unlock emp WS.

I'm curious how I go about that and if it's worth doing.
 Valefor.Kiaru
By Valefor.Kiaru 2016-11-01 20:07:38  
If I don't do ambuscade every single month do I get screwed out of rewards?

As in, is gear from it temporary content?
 Siren.Kyte
サーバ: Siren
By Siren.Kyte 2016-11-01 20:13:45  
The points go away and generally whatever set of items that was in the hallmark category gets removed and placed into the gallantry category (while whatever was in the gallantry category gets removed completely until they have a voucher catch-up month). It remains to be seen whether or not they will keep the vouchers available.
 Valefor.Kiaru
By Valefor.Kiaru 2016-11-01 20:17:58  
;/
That's really disgustingly horrible and something that would make me INSTANTLY quit the game if I was screwed out of access to a set of gear that I needed because I didn't play and do an event during X time frame.

That's literally the worst possible MMO design imaginable. Sigh...
 Asura.Beatsbytaru
By Asura.Beatsbytaru 2016-11-01 20:56:47  
Uh this game is built around guilt tripping you into keeping your subscription active.

The sets really aren't bis so I wouldn't lose any sleep.
[+]
 Asura.Crevox
user: Crevox
By Asura.Crevox 2016-11-01 21:03:02  
The sets are just generally "good starter gear." Missing any of the armor is not a big deal.
By Calinari 2016-11-01 21:03:11  
Asura.Beatsbytaru said: »
Uh this game is built around guilt tripping you into keeping your subscription active.

The sets really aren't bis so I wouldn't lose any sleep.

I just want to quote this for truth. It's extremely *** obnoxious when you take a month off and miss a trust you can't get again for 6 months. Shantoto II, Moogle, Kupofried, Aldo, Fablinix.

And having gear that's only available ONCE is totally HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE. But thankfully they added slips so you can get past sets.
[+]
 Asura.Crevox
user: Crevox
By Asura.Crevox 2016-11-01 21:05:27  
I wouldn't really worry about trusts either. There are so many trusts and many of them perform similar functions so you have alternatives.

The ones you mentioned are very niche in use.
By Pantafernando 2016-11-01 21:17:17  
Hi.

This week ive been spamming SR for some maxed pieces.

IMO, the trickiest foe there is Teodor (arciela II is the hardest imo due to tchakka/yumcax spam).

Trickiest because he uses shadows and makes impossible to sch skillchain so i waste time till he can use the hemo move to erase the shadows. My question is if waiting is all we can do in this phase? I also do minor dmg spamming T1 spells that sometimes it lands but its undeniable thats the slowest phase in SR for me at least.

Second, not related to the event per se, but ive been using mules, and due to massive spam, often i hit the windower crash that happens when warping multiboxes at same time. Im aware that currently this doesnt have a fix atm, but i would like to ask if there is any trick to reduce the amount of crashes that happens.

EDIT: also, is there any trick to makes easier to get a wanted piece aside fast warp out? I mean, im ok with dealing with the random pieces (at least the augments seems fixed) but its a bother the constant darcuiln > morimar > sajjaka/august when all i want is ingrid/teodor/arciela II...

Thanks in advance.

About Teodor, in the end i just keep spamming firaga 1, that wont be blinked by shadow, and it still deals good dmg.

About the windower crash when warping with others windows at same time, i noticed it can be lessened if mules dont warp at same time. That happens when i enter in a zone at same time and increase the chance of crash. Entering a char at a time seems to reduce that frequency. But when the warp is forced in entire party, i found that purposelly preventing a char to enter can reduce the crashes. At least for me, yesterday it just happened once and tonight didnt happen, that running multiples enter and run Sinister Reign as Ingrid isnt being nice to drop damn Tam.
First Page 2 3 ... 463 464 465 ... 838 839 840