[Suggestion] A Few Ideas To Enhance This Site

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXIAH.com » Suggestions » [Suggestion] A few ideas to enhance this site
[Suggestion] A few ideas to enhance this site
First Page 2 3 ... 14 15 16 ... 26 27 28
Administrator
By Rooks 2015-09-03 09:08:55  
Asura.Kingnobody said: »
Need more badges.

I still need to hand out all the ones I've got.

More badge ideas are welcome, and I hope at this point I've set the tone for what I expect them to be rewarded for.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-09-03 09:09:23  
How about a badge for my awesomeness?
Administrator
By Rooks 2015-09-03 09:13:52  
I've honestly thought about adding a badge for people who keep asking me for badges, and taking a page from Curses, Foiled-a-Golem!? and locking the title to "Total Loser".

The only thing that stops me from doing it is that people would actually want it, and I'd never stop handing them out.
[+]
By volkom 2015-09-03 09:18:06  
maybe just me but it feels like there's a lot of clutter on the lower left corner on the home page. Are there any plans for a different design/layout in the future?
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-09-03 09:20:45  
There's still that FFXIAH.com Member of the Year contest idea that I put out in that badges page.

Had a few other badge ideas, but I don't think you would use them.
Administrator
By Rooks 2015-09-03 09:23:22  
volkom said: »
maybe just me but it feels like there's a lot of clutter on the lower left corner on the home page. Is there plans for a different design/layout in the future?

This came up recently with the boss. No current plans to change the site layout, because we don't have anything better in mind, and at this point everyone's used to it. I don't change things just to change them, as I think anyone using this site has been here long enough that they'd rather just have things the way they are than tweak them hoping for minor improvements.

Even FFXIVPro, which is undergoing a full rototill, is going to look and feel basically the same; there will be more data and utilities, but the general appearance isn't going to change.

That said, I'm always open to ideas, so if you have specific suggestions, I'm all ears.
 Cerberus.Avalon
サーバ: Cerberus
user: KupoNuts
By Cerberus.Avalon 2015-09-03 09:23:54  
You should add a Badge for people who quit the game years ago yet still post here regularly. The Badge can be multi-colored and tiered depending on how many years ago that person quit.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-09-03 09:24:54  
Cerberus.Avalon said: »
You should add a Badge for people who quit the game years ago yet still post here regularly. The Badge can be multi-colored and tiered depending on how many years ago that person quit.
Naw, because then we will have to have an "It's Worth It" Draylo badge for those who stayed.
[+]
Administrator
By Rooks 2015-09-03 09:27:40  
There's still that FFXIAH.com Member of the Year contest idea that I put out in that badges page.

My argument against that one is that it's a popularity contest, and I don't really want badges tied to that. The existing ones are attainable through either more objective/random contests (MS Paint, Amiibo), or improving the site (Guides, bug hunting), which are both things open to anyone.

Had a few other badge ideas, but I don't think you would use them.

PM me with them if you like, but if you don't think they fit the mold I've been trying to keep with the others then yeah, probably no.

Cerberus.Avalon said: »

What? No. Quitters never prosper!
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-09-03 09:38:29  
Rooks said: »
My argument against that one is that it's a popularity contest, and I don't really want badges tied to that. The existing ones are attainable through either more objective/random contests (MS Paint, Amiibo), or improving the site (Guides, bug hunting), which are both things open to anyone.
Does it have to be contests/site improvements and not geared towards users themselves?

Like a political badge for those who post in P&R more, or a random badge for those who post in Ni/RT, or a guide badge for those who post helpful posts in guides (but never make one themselves).

Also, didn't you make it so one badge is present at all times and is user toggle-able?
By NotRooks 2015-09-03 09:41:29  
Also, didn't you make it so one badge is present at all times and is user toggle-able?

No, only one title is visible at a time. All badges will show, as you can see.
[+]
Administrator
By Rooks 2015-09-03 09:45:37  
Does it have to be contests/site improvements and not geared towards users themselves?

Like a political badge for those who post in P&R more, or a random badge for those who post in Ni/RT, or a guide badge for those who post helpful posts in guides (but never make one themselves).

There's now a "Guide Maintainer" badge for people with heavy contributions. Only one person has put forth a candidate to get it (Sylph.Oraen has one), but if someone you know qualifies, say the word.

I want them to be either rewards for winning a mini-game or doing something concrete to improve the place. Badges for posting in long running threads is just kind of cliquey, and doesn't really reward people for doing something they weren't just going to do anyway.
[+]
 Shiva.Spathaian
サーバ: Shiva
user: Spathaian
By Shiva.Spathaian 2015-09-03 09:56:24  
Wow that NotRooks guy really gets some ***done. I think he needs a promotion or more badges.
[+]
Administrator
By Rooks 2015-09-03 09:57:03  
Shiva.Spathaian said: »
Wow that NotRooks guy really gets some ***done. I think he needs a promotion or more badges.

He is a chump and will be launched out the nearest airlock once I find the controls
[+]
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
サーバ: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2015-09-03 14:42:48  
Is it possible to make mp4 gifs visible on here like we did for other stuff? I noticed people posting them as links and it seems to be a rather popular format.
 Valefor.Endoq
サーバ: Valefor
user: Endoq
By Valefor.Endoq 2015-09-03 15:04:07  
I think there should be more usage of puns.
Can we have a badge for being good at puns?
Administrator
By Rooks 2015-09-03 15:08:39  
Valefor.Sehachan said: »
Is it possible to make mp4 gifs visible on here like we did for other stuff? I noticed people posting them as links and it seems to be a rather popular format.

Drac asked for something similar, specific to 9gag - 9gag itself takes some pains to make embedding rough. It's possible, but would require more work than I have the available dev time for right now, so it's been shelved.
[+]
Forum Moderator
サーバ: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: AnnaMolly
By Anna Ruthven 2015-09-03 15:14:06  
Valefor.Endoq said: »
I hope you get punished for suggesting this. Bad turtle-burger, bad!
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-09-03 15:17:15  
Anna Ruthven said: »
Valefor.Endoq said: »
I hope you get punished for suggesting this. Bad turtle-burger, bad!
Turtle burger needs to be shredded!

Administrator
By Rooks 2015-09-03 15:31:54  
I'm going to need more airlocks
[+]
 Fenrir.Atheryn
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Temptaru
By Fenrir.Atheryn 2015-09-03 15:34:14  
You just need one big one.
Forum Moderator
By AnnaMolly 2015-09-03 15:38:35  
Suggestion: Force Jassik to find an avatar for his account.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Cerberus.Tidis
MSPaint Winner
user: tidis
By Cerberus.Tidis 2015-09-03 15:46:19  
Maybe give a troll badge for notorious ones, that way people have a nice little pre-warning if they start up so they don't end up feeding the troll.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-09-03 15:46:36  
Need an "Annoying the Admin/Mod" badge too.
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
サーバ: Odin
user: Jassik
By Odin.Jassik 2015-09-03 15:57:08  
AnnaMolly said: »

I have an avatar, silly.
Forum Moderator
サーバ: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: AnnaMolly
By Anna Ruthven 2015-09-03 15:58:06  
Odin.Jassik said: »

I have an avatar, silly.
Add it to your account then...fool.
VIP
By Jassik 2015-09-03 15:58:31  
Anna Ruthven said: »
Odin.Jassik said: »

I have an avatar, silly.
Add it to your account then...fool.

No
 Cerberus.Tidis
MSPaint Winner
user: tidis
By Cerberus.Tidis 2015-09-03 16:00:24  
Maybe it's a psyche out and that actually is his avatar.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 14 15 16 ... 26 27 28