First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Odin.Eikechi
サーバ: Odin
Game: FFXI
user: Eike
By Odin.Eikechi 2011-09-23 14:14:41  
No, I get that..but people are talkin like Aegis is just an MDT macro lol.. I'm sure if you only had Aegis you wouldn't be in such dire straits are people are making it seem.
 Carbuncle.Flionheart
サーバ: Carbuncle
By Carbuncle.Flionheart 2011-09-23 14:20:04  
Caitsith.Shiroi said: »
Situational. Not hard to understand.

Wouldn't kind of typecast you for the rest of the fight though? I mean surely it's not a good idea to switch shields on the fly right?
 Phoenix.Gustavve
サーバ: Phoenix
user: Gustavve
By Phoenix.Gustavve 2011-09-23 14:22:43  
Honestly I've been playing with the idea of /nin when I plan on using aegis for a week or so.

And to contribute, with all the hate reset/dispel/terror/stun/pet on top of palisade/reprisal/sentinel ochains shield block rate doesn't stand out very much. No more than aegis's 45% mdt. The biggest difference is asking for a devotion.
 Phoenix.Gustavve
サーバ: Phoenix
user: Gustavve
By Phoenix.Gustavve 2011-09-23 14:24:32  
Carbuncle.Flionheart said: »
I mean surely it's not a good idea to switch shields when it flys right?

:) The Wyrm VW is fun.
 Ifrit.Darkanaseur
サーバ: Ifrit
By Ifrit.Darkanaseur 2011-09-23 14:26:32  
Odin.Eikechi said: »
I'm not understanding people saying that Ochain is soooooooooooo much better than Aegis.. Ya on physical only, physical TP only mobs its probably better, block wise. But isn't being like magic immune kinda fun? lol

The majority of mobs in the game use both physical and magical attacks. On average even mobs with highly damaging magical attacks still dish out far more melee attacks. So short of mobs that exclusively use magic to deal damage (which are few and far between), you can't make a generic claim that Ochain isn't that much better. Hell, it's been said already, if you have stuns at the ready it can bring the magic damage dealt down to a flat zero if possible.

That and I'm finding it a bit of a stretch to believe comments like

Blazed1979 said: »
I have both and on VW or anything else that matters Aegis allows me to avoid being one shotted.

Essentially claiming that this content would otherwise be impossible without an Aegis, when in truth, even possessing neither shield, you should still be within acceptable means to kill whatever you're fighting.

They aren't vastly better than each other, but in the right circumstances one shield will dwarf the other. Claiming that either is useless is a clear demonstration of a lack of understanding of the job.

Odin.Eikechi said: »
No, I get that..but people are talkin like Aegis is just an MDT macro lol.. I'm sure if you only had Aegis you wouldn't be in such dire straits are people are making it seem.

It's not an MDT macro, especially with the new JA and alleged increase to damage blocked, there's even situations Aegis can beat Ochain physically.

Carbuncle.Flionheart said: »
Wouldn't kind of typecast you for the rest of the fight though? I mean surely it's not a good idea to switch shields on the fly right?

I do if I'm solo tanking in a lowman group prioritizing survival over my damage. Ideally you'd just pick one based on what you're fighting and stick with it. They aren't really as different as people make out (aside from Aegis in MDT scenarios of course).
[+]
 Ragnarok.Sekundes
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Sekundes
By Ragnarok.Sekundes 2011-09-23 14:38:37  
Ifrit.Darkanaseur said: »
Well said.
 Odin.Eikechi
サーバ: Odin
user: Eike
By Odin.Eikechi 2011-09-23 15:57:55  
Ya, damn you Darka for not being on Odin now, I could use some competent tanks :P
 Asura.Ludoggy
サーバ: Asura
user: Ludog
By Asura.Ludoggy 2011-09-23 16:06:07  
I'm gonna fanboy one shield for the other depending if Im working on it or have it.
[+]
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7