You must be logged in to do that.

フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Beast Master » Hedjedjet Solo
Hedjedjet Solo
 Fenrir.Yuriki
サーバ: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
user: Yuriki
By Fenrir.Yuriki 2011-09-14 17:40:47  
Weird thought, but what about combining Migawari with PLUS PDT gear? If it works the way I'd think, if you have enough +PDT the throat stab type moves SHOULD kill you, thus activating Migawari. Thinking about it, probably don't even need very much +PDT. Could be interesting to try.
 Cerberus.Wojo
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Wojo
By Cerberus.Wojo 2011-09-14 17:48:42  
Also that bard spell shirezo or something like that has proven to be useful as well.
 Fenrir.Richi
user: Richie
By Fenrir.Richi 2011-09-14 17:49:27  
Regardless of whether or not migawari mitigates it, Hell Scissors shouldn't be a too big of a problem, you just run back when it casts bindga. If you are out of range it will use poison breath or sharp strike instead of Hell Scissors. This also happens if you resist bindga. The only thing you need to stun is petrify, which it uses under 50%. Under 50% it will also start using death scissors instead of hell scissors.

It'd pretty easy to time as well, it will recast bindga around 7-10 seconds after the previous bindga wears off. You could probably take advantage of this easily on BST as well.
By tazkwondo 2011-09-14 18:00:33  
Fenrir.Nightfyre said: »
Lakshmi.Vlorsutes said: »
Throat Stab shouldn't fall under what Migawari can block because Migawari is supposed to only be able to block an attack of equal or higher damage than the Ninja's maximum HP. Since Throat Stab is unable to kill someone (barring them having +PDT or +DT gear on when they get hit), it shouldn't be something that Migawari could block.
Not true. Migawari's proc threshold is dependent on your Ninjutsu skill at time of cast + a bonus 5/10% for Iga Ningi +1/2. Any NIN with capped skills will find that it will proc on attacks that deal less than their max HP. It's true that it doesn't proc on moves like Throat Stab and Tarsal Slam though, forgot about that (obviously wasn't using it for Hedjedjet~).

The way I understand it. Base Migawari threshold will absorb an attack that is 90% of your hp. Ninjutsu skill above 300 can improve this. For every 20 skill above 300, the threshold lowers by 5%. So at 320 it would be 85%, 340 would be 80%, and 360 would lower it to the max of 75% threshold.
 Fenrir.Yuriki
user: Yuriki
By Fenrir.Yuriki 2011-09-14 18:15:16  
Cerberus.Wojo said: »
Also that bard spell shirezo or something like that has proven to be useful as well.

Very true, although for some reason some NM TP moves work with Migawari but not Shirezo.
 Quetzalcoatl.Crystalchan
Leonardo da Clippi
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
By Quetzalcoatl.Crystalchan 2011-09-14 18:17:41  
Can't you use Dawn Mulsum if you're low on cures for your pet? I'm just a 77BST, so I'm not sure if it mucks up reward or not, but just from description it sounds pretty nifty. (I guess it's be a pretty expensive way to do things though)
 Shiva.Bigslank
サーバ: Shiva
user: bigslank
By Shiva.Bigslank 2011-09-14 18:27:37  
i have duoed it with me and one other blm just kited around where beatle camp is or what ever that flux is there took like maybe 10 min or so with avg to good gear
 Lakshmi.Vlorsutes
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Vlorsutes
By Lakshmi.Vlorsutes 2011-09-14 19:32:58  
Fenrir.Nightfyre said: »
Lakshmi.Vlorsutes said: »
Throat Stab shouldn't fall under what Migawari can block because Migawari is supposed to only be able to block an attack of equal or higher damage than the Ninja's maximum HP. Since Throat Stab is unable to kill someone (barring them having +PDT or +DT gear on when they get hit), it shouldn't be something that Migawari could block.
Not true. Migawari's proc threshold is dependent on your Ninjutsu skill at time of cast + a bonus 5/10% for Iga Ningi +1/2. Any NIN with capped skills will find that it will proc on attacks that deal less than their max HP. It's true that it doesn't proc on moves like Throat Stab and Tarsal Slam though, forgot about that (obviously wasn't using it for Hedjedjet~).

Ehh, fair enough. I personally never use my Nin on anything big enough to one-shot me anymore, and the last time I did fight anything post-Migawari that could one-shot me, Migawari just didn't do a damn thing (took that one lance TP move of Indrik's for 6k with Migawari up and it did nothing).
By Otomis 2011-09-14 20:22:38  
I solo'd it nin/dnc a few times. It is easy enough if you use MDT atmas high eva gear and regen atma. here are the atmas I used

NIN/DNC

Atma of the Gnarled Horn

Atma of the Zenith

Atma of the Mounted Champion

It is very important to go in with 5 steps and full tp and 5 steps built, keep bebuffs up (para, Slow, Attack Down, Blind) and do not bother WS, keep up tp for heals and debuffs. also use tp inhibitors. remeber to cast Migawari, must be cast with af2+2 body on and the body must remain on to take effect. always stun bindga and keep 5 steps of magic eva down on him. It really comes down to luck. kinda like some other NMs. I went 1 win to 2 losses.

So all in all maybe just get a buddy to heal ya.
 Cerberus.Wojo
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Wojo
By Cerberus.Wojo 2011-09-14 21:39:33  
Not that I didnt trust you guys, but for fun i just wanted to confirm that Migawari blocks homing missle and Ballistic Kick (though still has hate reset). And turns out Hells scissors does block Migawari. PDT is very effective against this guy for sure.

I'm not too proud to admit I was wrong, sorry.
 Fenrir.Gundulagause
user: Gundula
By Fenrir.Gundulagause 2011-09-15 09:50:25  
Quetzalcoatl.Crystalchan said: »
Can't you use Dawn Mulsum if you're low on cures for your pet? I'm just a 77BST, so I'm not sure if it mucks up reward or not, but just from description it sounds pretty nifty. (I guess it's be a pretty expensive way to do things though)

You can and you should use Mulsums, especially because it doesn´t muck up your reward timer. With a heavy pet dt down setup (incl. DC/MC/RR Atmas) he is cake, just takes long time to solo.
A pup friend and me got +2 coins for i think 4 bodies out of him (+ smn staff for me).
The few times i did him with more people it got a lot more stressfull, to many not-so-skilled-players around....