フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Beast Master » Hedjedjet Solo
Hedjedjet Solo
First Page 2 3
 Odin.Tiffytazzy
サーバ: Odin
Game: FFXI
user: tazkwondo
By Odin.Tiffytazzy 2011-09-14 14:44:07  
So I tried to solo Hedjedjet earlier this week and it ended with a fail. Both with Dipper and with NN. I believe he can be solo'd. Would like some input from the BST community on this. What jug and atma setup did you use? DG, MC, RR here.

Also, do you use any food besides the pet food?
 Siren.Mosin
サーバ: Siren
user: BKiddo
By Siren.Mosin 2011-09-14 14:46:21  
me & a bst friend tried to duo, we get him down to 2-5%, then get our *** handed to us, 0/2

I'd be curious on this subject as well
 Ragnarok.Lugat
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Jar
By Ragnarok.Lugat 2011-09-14 14:50:41  
His Tp moves seem to be flat out anti pet.

so id doubt you can solo it unless you can somehow stun Hell scissors /dnc every time. and even after that you would need nice timing to get away from Breakga.
 Leviathan.Dodu
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Tsuko
By Leviathan.Dodu 2011-09-14 15:04:55  
BST/BLM

Assuming poison aura were up 100% of the time(not the case), it would be doing ~2,170 damage per (merited/Bison Warbonnet'd) reward cycle. My reward set is severely lacking, but assuming Wiki's formula is correct, that means that an extremely reasonable reward build is going to be curing in the realm of just that at its base, not accounting for the regen. Assuming you were wearing AF1 body during the reward, it should also alleviate ~1/2 ticks of the poison effect per cycle. Assuming resistance plays no part in aura application(I.E. things that are traditionally resistant/immune to an effect when being manually applied through spells/direct abilities), Dipper Yuly is a clear winner. If that's incorrect(I don't know of any significant aura resistance testing), Fatso Fargann may/may not be ideal.

Regardless, should be extremely doable with a proper haste/FC build for stun.

That all said, its a complete waste of time. Find 1-2 other people to help, and be significantly more productive.
 Cerberus.Wojo
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Wojo
By Cerberus.Wojo 2011-09-14 15:07:12  
sub blm for stun and you got a chance. stun his spells and he wont tp, subjob dark magic skill is strong enough not to get resisted. i duo NIN + WHM on him and if you miss a stun that usually means dead nin.
 Cerberus.Wojo
user: Wojo
By Cerberus.Wojo 2011-09-14 15:08:31  
Dam you Dodu beat me by like 4 seconds
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2011-09-14 15:10:51  
Cerberus.Wojo said: »
sub blm for stun and you got a chance. stun his spells and he wont tp, subjob dark magic skill is strong enough not to get resisted. i duo NIN + WHM on him and if you miss a stun that usually means dead nin.
From what...?
 Bahamut.Cuelebra
サーバ: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Cuelebra 2011-09-14 15:10:59  
Siren.Mosin said: »
me & a bst friend tried to duo, we get him down to 2-5%, then get our *** handed to us, 0/2

I'd be curious on this subject as well

My bst friend and i were duoing this reguarly. Him BST and me SMN. he used Audacious Anna for most of the fight and i used Ramuh. I spamed Chaotic Strike(2-3k). i found the stun from Chaotic Strike lasts pretty long on Hedje and he also lasts a lot longer than the other avatars.

At like 10% he brought out Dipper Yully Easy fight took about 30 mins.
 Cerberus.Tikal
user: Tikal
By Cerberus.Tikal 2011-09-14 15:11:11  
I'm surprised you wiped after 50%, being that Hedjedjet turns into a puppy after 50%.

Look into these two items. They may help you.

Pet_Poultice
Pet_Roborant
 Leviathan.Dodu
By Leviathan.Dodu 2011-09-14 15:13:28  
Using either of those items seems incredibly counterproductive. The regen will remain, and the aura will reimpose its effect seconds later. You get all the benefits of using curative food.. except the curative part.
 Phoenix.Gerrott
サーバ: Phoenix
user: Gerrott
By Phoenix.Gerrott 2011-09-14 15:16:11  
Fenrir.Nightfyre said: »
From what...?

If you get crippled by Hell Scissors with Poison Aura(100/tic) on and the WHM does not preemptive cure, you will likely die.
 Cerberus.Tikal
user: Tikal
By Cerberus.Tikal 2011-09-14 15:17:01  
To my knowledge, it embosses reward, not replaces it, but I've never actually tried as I haven't found someone to craft it.
 Leviathan.Dodu
By Leviathan.Dodu 2011-09-14 15:17:38  
Phoenix.Gerrott said: »
From what...?

If you get crippled by Hell Scissors with Poison Aura(100/tic) on and the WHM does not preemptive cure, you will likely die.

Migawari how does it work
 Fenrir.Niniann
user: Ninian
By Fenrir.Niniann 2011-09-14 15:20:01  
Phoenix.Gerrott said: »

That means it's time to get another WHM. WHM should be keeping stoneskin up full-time on every NM in Abyssea, and especially should be doing it on the ones that actually matter. :x

Also PDT gear, etc.

@Dodu: Oh yeah NIN has Migawari.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2011-09-14 15:20:28  
It's been a few weeks since I last killed Hedjedjet but I'm 90% sure PDT works on Hell Scissors. Hit your PDT macro during bindga/breakga and enjoy never going below 1k HP and only that low if your WHM isn't keeping Cureskin up. If not, Migawari can easily be maintained for most of the fight.
 Caitsith.Heimdall
サーバ: Caitsith
user: Heimdall
By Caitsith.Heimdall 2011-09-14 15:22:46  
i tryed soloing this last night as dnc/nin fan dance pretty much absorbed the big dmg moves first time i took it down by 25% useing RR VV and eva atma and a eva set. Only finally lost to the poison cus tryed to speed up the fight with ws chains. 2nd time i tryed rr gh and SS for dmg his hp was goign down lot faster but i got over whelmed by the regular stuff with the lack of evasion.

Edit btw wasnt useing eva daggers not gotten aroudn to finishing them yet.
 Phoenix.Gerrott
サーバ: Phoenix
user: Gerrott
By Phoenix.Gerrott 2011-09-14 15:23:00  
Well shes significantly easier than I assumed then, figured it was simply a crippling move, reducing your hp to near death regardless of conditions (PDT/Migawari). My mistake.
 Leviathan.Dodu
By Leviathan.Dodu 2011-09-14 15:23:12  
-PDT certainly works to your enemy's benefit in regard to increasing damage dealt during otherwise fixed attacks(Throat Stab, Death Gnash), so I have to imagine it works favorably to players as well.

Did I mention how much of an unnecessary hassle this is to solo, though? 'Cause, yeah. Workable, but extremely unproductive.
 Ragnarok.Lugat
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Jar
By Ragnarok.Lugat 2011-09-14 15:23:27  
yeah PDT works :x
 Ramuh.Austar
サーバ: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2011-09-14 15:24:25  
It's been a few weeks since I last killed Hedjedjet but I'm 90% sure PDT works on Hell Scissors. Hit your PDT macro during bindga/breakga and enjoy never going below 1k HP and only that low if your WHM isn't keeping Cureskin up. If not, Migawari can easily be maintained for most of the fight.
PDT works, DNC with fandance makes him a joke to tank. I've missed a stun and had hell scissors not even break my cureskin.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2011-09-14 15:26:52  
Caitsith.Heimdall said: »
i tryed soloing this last night as dnc/nin fan dance pretty much absorbed the big dmg moves first time i took it down by 25% useing RR VV and eva atma and a eva set. Only finally lost to the poison cus tryed to speed up the fight with ws chains. 2nd time i tryed rr gh and SS for dmg his hp was goign down lot faster but i got over whelmed by the regular stuff with the lack of evasion.
From what I remember he's actually quite blind, I know I used no more than 25-30 eva over my DD gear (Yonin/Kurayami obviously) and I'm not even sure I used that much. It's the AoEs that eat your shadows more than anything really.
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Byrthnoth
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2011-09-14 15:26:57  
You can also just Stun Bindga/Breakga (no Hell Scissors then) and save yourself some trouble. Sub BLM and put a Regen Atma on. Violent Flourish is only ~90% accurate even with capped hit rate/MAcc in my experience.
 Ramuh.Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2011-09-14 15:31:56  
Lakshmi.Byrth said: »
You can also just Stun Bindga/Breakga (no Hell Scissors then) and save yourself some trouble. Sub BLM and put a Regen Atma on. Violent Flourish is only ~90% accurate even with capped hit rate/MAcc in my experience.
Byrth, will you do me a favor and please say that VF is both a physical and magical acc based ability? I"m sick of arguing about it with someone that keeps telling me to use m.acc atmas because the physical part misses.
 Caitsith.Heimdall
By Caitsith.Heimdall 2011-09-14 15:34:59  
Caitsith.Heimdall said: »
From what I remember he's actually quite blind, I know I used no more than 25-30 eva over my DD gear (Yonin/Kurayami obviously) and I'm not even sure I used that much. It's the AoEs that eat your shadows more than anything really.

ya and havign those things eat my shadows ment i was geting hit more intern reducing my fan dance potency to absorb scisors.
 Fenrir.Niniann
By Fenrir.Niniann 2011-09-14 15:35:41  
Ramuh.Austar said: »
Byrth, will you do me a favor and please say that VF is both a physical and magical acc based ability? I"m sick of arguing about it with someone that keeps telling me to use m.acc atmas because the physical part misses.

It's both. You have a harder time landing the magical portion nowadays, usually never have an issue with whiffing the physical portion (unless it 5% rules) on normal stuff. If you need the stuns so badly that you're using m.acc atmas, you probably should have a BLM with you. >_>;
 Ramuh.Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2011-09-14 15:36:29  
Fenrir.Niniann said: »

It's both. You have a harder time landing the magical portion nowadays, usually never have an issue with whiffing the physical portion (unless it 5% rules) on normal stuff. If you need the stuns so badly that you're using m.acc atmas, you probably should have a BLM with you. >_>;
I get screwed over my the RNG every chance it can get me, seriously I missed 3 presto steps in a row once.
 Caitsith.Heimdall
By Caitsith.Heimdall 2011-09-14 15:37:35  
oh on bst u do got temp items to cure with and that umm think it a med dawn muselim (sp) that can use separately of reward and dependogn on the pet the hp regen stuff can be very potent to reduce poison.
 Fenrir.Niniann
By Fenrir.Niniann 2011-09-14 15:40:46  
I get screwed over my the RNG every chance it can get me, seriously I missed 3 presto steps in a row once.

That's terrible. @____@;
 Ramuh.Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2011-09-14 15:41:47  
Fenrir.Niniann said: »

That's terrible. @____@;
m.acc atmas for dnc are the new thing though.
 Leviathan.Draylo
user: Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2011-09-14 15:41:57  
I hope this solo is just for "I soloed this one time" purposes... Please don't solo this for +2 items.
[+]
First Page 2 3