White Mage Job Adjustments - Answers To User Sugg.

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » White Mage » White Mage Job Adjustments - Answers to User Sugg.
White Mage Job Adjustments - Answers to User Sugg.
 Carbuncle.Tweeek
サーバ: Carbuncle
Game: FFXI
user: Tweeek
By Carbuncle.Tweeek 2011-08-18 12:58:37  
we had 3 people with WHM or /WHM to erase cackle back when I had spammed / fought it. I'll be honest I don't know how to efficiently use Sacrifice I think Elana posted it once and it was new information to me. When I first came back I had been given a lot of false information about how it works etc so I had kinda played with it and then stopped, thought people only used it on zombie.

Gonna get MM for someone here soon that just came back to the game, I'll give sacrifice a whirl this time.
[+]
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
サーバ: Siren
user: Kalila
By Siren.Kalilla 2011-08-18 12:59:56  
Shiva.Flionheart said: »
Siren.Kalilla said: »
Gotta stop thinking about abyssea, there won't be any more updates for it.

That is yet to be seen.

Also most newer heal bots use Esuna and Sacrifice pretty well.
People still like to cure without being lazy and using a bot. Yes, the job can be done with a bot. So what? A melee can be botted, just like anything else in this game.
[+]
 Leviathan.Draylo
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2011-08-18 13:00:34  
It's not needed for Abyssea, I just face tank durinn easily and just turn when hes casting a spell.
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
By Siren.Kalilla 2011-08-18 13:02:07  
Carbuncle.Tweeek said: »
we had 3 people with WHM or /WHM to erase cackle back when I had spammed / fought it. I'll be honest I don't know how to efficiently use Sacrifice I think Elana posted it once and it was new information to me. When I first came back I had been given a lot of false information about how it works etc so I had kinda played with it and then stopped, thought people only used it on zombie.

Gonna get MM for someone here soon that just came back to the game, I'll give sacrifice a whirl this time.
You mean sacrificing one person then esuna'ing it off the rest of the affected party members?
 Shiva.Flionheart
サーバ: Shiva
By Shiva.Flionheart 2011-08-18 13:02:33  

That is yet to be seen.

People still like to cure without being lazy and using a bot. Yes, the job can be done with a bot. So what? A melee can be botted, just like anything else in this game.

Melee bots are normally buggy and unreliable.

Heal bots are normally reliable assuming the person running it knows how to set it up.
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
By Siren.Kalilla 2011-08-18 13:03:33  
I don't use sacrifice that much, it is a great spell but there aren't a lot of situations that I use it because I really hate it when I get paralyzed. I was just saying that it doesn't need a shorter recast time, along with erase and esuna.
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
By Siren.Kalilla 2011-08-18 13:06:18  

That is yet to be seen.

Melee bots are normally buggy and unreliable.

Heal bots are normally reliable assuming the person running it knows how to set it up.
If I was tanking I'd prefer a good healer over a bot, if anything because I hate cheating. A bot might be able to get that spell out faster than any human can, but it can't anticipate what is coming and any good whm would. Today's battles might not require that much focus, just telling my opinion.
[+]
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2011-08-18 13:08:08  
I'd prefer to let everyone come on the jobs they prefer, and no-one in our shell prefers WHM.

It does its job fine. It did its job fine in WoE too.
 Leviathan.Draylo
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2011-08-18 13:09:18  
That is very true haha, people hate WHM. I don't mind doing it though on my mule.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2011-08-18 13:20:44  
I don't mind playing it too much if it's needed, but I far prefer to play BRD or MNK if I have the option.

I find myself bored on the job unless it's a difficult battle. And I dislike playing it outside of abyssea too. I think it's just that playing BRD is ingrained in my mind, so I'm always looking for something to do, whereas on WHM it's more about anticipating healing/de debuffing etc.
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
By Siren.Kalilla 2011-08-18 13:25:11  
I find myself bored on the job unless it's a difficult battle.
^this

WHM can be very boring when the battles are easy and you only cast cure a few times. That's when I usually just pull out a club and have a lil fun if the situation allows it (or get on dnc). I guess you have to have a passion for the job to actually consider yourself as a main whm and stick with your team through the most boring and tedious of situations.
By Artemicion 2011-08-18 13:30:33  
Well that was underwhelming; at least until it gets properly translated. In a way I was hoping updates would make melee whm a little more plausible outside of owning a Mjollnir.

I'm not asking for Battle Pope here, but at least make things a little more interesting for the typical back line healing and haste ***.

Carbuncle.Tweeek
By Carbuncle.Tweeek 2011-08-18 13:33:30  
I would think a bot would do a much better job at melee than at curing, maybe just because people don't often mule out a DD role. If there was a higher demand for it i'm sure the programs would be written better. Then again, stuff dies so quick now it doesn't really matter.

Not saying a cure bot wouldn't be able to cure I just think it's easier to separate a good whm from a bad one. The only thing that separates a good dd vs a bad one is dmg #s, @ the end of the day all the DDs are doing the same functions. build TP and do a WS maybe throw in a few /ja's. Back in the day it was easy to tell a good tank from a bad tank, but other than looking @ numbers most melee DDs look the same.
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
By Siren.Kalilla 2011-08-18 13:33:57  
Artemicion said: »
Well that was underwhelming; at least until it gets properly translated. In a way I was hoping updates would make melee whm a little more plausible outside of owning a Mjollnir.

I'm not asking for Battle Pope here, but at least make things a little more interesting for the typical back line healing and haste ***.

yayyyy melee whm /o/

Also I just got a Gambanteinn since I wanted a Mjollnir but wouldn't dare wasting the gil on it when I could use it for Yagrush. I do pick Mjollnir though when they have those bonanza event things.
By Artemicion 2011-08-18 13:37:24  
I remember my whm friend dicking with aura statues after getting mystic boon unlocked, and she did a fairly impressive 400 dmg (thus 400 MP return), and that was without a WS setup for it.

I'm sure there's ways to go about making melee whm relevant again. Perhaps not in serious business NM situations, but at least equal in efficiency to the doing other less complicated things. White mages should be allowed to have a lot more fun instead of being jerks when they try to.

[+]
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
By Siren.Kalilla 2011-08-18 13:44:17  
I remember my whm friend dicking with aura statues after getting mystic boon unlocked, and she did a fairly impressive 400 dmg (thus 400 MP return), and that was without a WS setup for it.

I'm sure there's ways to go about making melee whm relevant again. Perhaps not in serious business NM situations, but at least equal in efficiency to the doing other less complicated things. White mages should be allowed to have a lot more fun instead of being jerks when they try to.
I just like melee whm because well, I'm a whm. It's the whole thing about me being weak and the enemy should be able to destroy me. At 75 I would have fun killing the Imps that people merited off of and that was a lot of fun for me. Some people don't like it because well, they have a real DD. I do too, although I wouldn't call it real because well I don't really like playing sam, but I like the challenge that comes with being a whm and fighting something just for the fun of it.

And plus I love to be selfish with haste~~~~~
[+]
 Shiva.Nikolce
user: Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2011-08-18 13:47:24  
I remember my whm friend dicking with aura statues after getting mystic boon unlocked, and she did a fairly impressive 400 dmg (thus 400 MP return), and that was without a WS setup for it. I'm sure there's ways to go about making melee whm relevant again. Perhaps not in serious business NM situations, but at least equal in efficiency to the doing other less complicated things. White mages should be allowed to have a lot more fun instead of being jerks when they try to.

But being a jerk is what I do best! You can't take that away from me!

Also, flion's cure bot is prolly better than me on whm, I get distracted easily and I can't type and throw cures at the same time. Throw some gum chewing in there and it's a wipe.
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
By Siren.Kalilla 2011-08-18 13:48:31  
Shiva.Nikolce said: »
I get distracted easily and I can't type and throw cures at the same time. Through some gum chewing in there and it's a wipe.
haha.... gum chewing
 Fenrir.Niniann
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Ninian
By Fenrir.Niniann 2011-08-18 14:10:21  
If you're bored on WHM, either 2box or whip out the gameboy.

As for Sacrifice, I like it for Sallow Seymour, because he quite frankly does so much nasty ***at once there's not much else you can do, and you can't stand in range for Esuna because of breakga. I'd much rather be slowed than have Night sitting with those nasty statuses for more than a second.

Mudstream does: AOE Earth damage, may inflict Magic Defense Down, Slow Slow, Bind, and Rasp (approx. 25HP/tick) and possible Enmity reset.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Kimora
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
user: Kimmy
By Quetzalcoatl.Kimora 2011-08-18 14:43:30  
It is asking for Barlight/Bardark and making bar- spells stronger. They say they will not make bar spells stronger because they get stronger as we level up. The part of lower things replacing was also for bar spells, asking that weaker do not replace stronger.

For amnesina, they say if added, it would be like Cursna for doom.

Erase/Sacrfice/Esuna part about lowering recast, they say they consider lowering Sacrifice/Esuna to erase recast, but will not change erase.

Cure part was asking for Cure effect up merits, they say no, use armor.

Other part, is asking that Goddess' Caress works with Goddess' Seal, they say it is good idea.

And yes, raise part is asking to have weakness time lowering merit added. They say No

I hope that is everything ^^
[+]
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
By Siren.Kalilla 2011-08-18 16:53:09  
English Version Released:

08-18-2011 04:52 PM
[source]
Camate
Community Rep

To the ones who keep us all safe on the battlefields, white mages, here is your feedback

Quote:
Add Holy II.
We will be adding this in the upcoming version update.

Quote:
Add Arise.
Though it is planned for a version update in the future, we have already begun to look into a higher tier version of raise.

Whether it will be called Arise or not really depends on the adjustments from here on out, but we are looking into making it cover multiple targets and other things. In regards to the stats, we’d like to make it so it has more merits than the currently existing raises, so please look forward to it.

Quote:
Add a spell that cures Amnesia.
We would like to make it possible to cure Amnesia in the future, but we are planning to make it a type of magic that has a set chance of recovery similar to Doom.

Quote:
Add a spell that cures Terror.
We currently do not have any plans of adding a spell that cures Terror. Since the effect of Terror is quickly recovered from, we’d like you to just support those inflicted with Terror with cures and such while they are unable move.

While it is not limited to Terror, we feel that there are times it is necessary for monsters to have superior status ailments in the scheme of battle balance. As such, please understand that we will not be making it possible to cure every single status ailment.

Quote:
Make it so the chances of curing Doom increase with higher healing magic skill.
Since there is also Holy Water when curing this is difficult, we’d like to monitor the current rate. Though it depends on luck and repeated attempts, but the recovery rate was set rather high so it can be cured before the countdown timer reaches zero.

Quote:
Reduce the recast times of Erase/Esuna/Sacrifice.
We would like to reduce the recast times for Esuna and Sacrifice to be about the same as Erase.

For Erase, since it is able to cover multiple status ailments, we feel that the current recast time is appropriate.

Quote:
Reduce the weakness timer or add other merits to Raise II and III.
Since the lost experience points merit has become somewhat weak now, we will look into this. However, as we will not be removing the weakness penalty, we cannot really reduce it too much.

Quote:
Make it so the effect of Divine Caress becomes AoE when using Divine Seal.
AoE…Sounds cool. We will look into it.

Quote:
Increase the effect of bar-type spells.
Currently you are able to receive a pretty strong effect depending on the bonuses that are given based on your enhancing magic skill. Also, with future level cap increases, you will be able to receive an even higher bonus, so for now we will be monitoring this and make a decision to do something if it is necessary.

Quote:
Add bar-type spells that protect you from Light and Dark.
The magic capacity is becoming pretty full, but we will try and look into it.

Quote:
Make it so bar-type effects are not overwritten by weaker ones.
This is something that we have been concerned with and would like to make it so they are not overwritten. The concern here is that if it’s not the same effect or higher, if the effect doesn’t wear off or if you don’t cancel the effect you will not be able to reapply it, making it similar to Protect IV and V.

Quote:
Make it so enhancing magic AoE effects take place centered on the person targeted.
Since AoE effects are strong, the idea is that you are taking a risk by the effect being centered on the caster. Curega is an exception to this, but it is balanced through a high amount of enmity.

Quote:
Add a category to merit points that enhances cure potency.
Since cure potency enhancements were designed to be added through equipment, we do not have any plans of adding it to merit points. Currently you can gain a significant amount of enhanced cure potency by collecting equipment, so please try and collect those pieces.
[+]
 Bahamut.Ragni
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Ragni
By Bahamut.Ragni 2011-08-18 17:08:43  
The best thing here is holy 2 :p
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
By Siren.Kalilla 2011-08-18 17:09:58  
having problems with my template, i'll have the OP fixed in a sec.
 Bahamut.Dannyl
サーバ: Bahamut
user: dannyl
By Bahamut.Dannyl 2011-08-18 17:18:56  
Bahamut.Ragni said: »
The best thing here is holy 2 :p

pretty much. I just wish more equipment is made available for WHM in the future.
 Carbuncle.Tweeek
By Carbuncle.Tweeek 2011-08-18 17:36:08  
Shiva.Revanzfett said: »

What? <.< I thought the Arise/raise-ga thing was the best thing lol but, otherwise a dull update XD

idunno... more people zombie killing ***more easily? doesn't sound that cool to me.
 Fenrir.Camaroz
サーバ: Fenrir
user: camaroz
By Fenrir.Camaroz 2011-08-18 17:44:46  
this is a lame update. holy 2 w/e, will be cool after first couple casts, if its not like 350mp to cast. araise/arise dumb too most dd use apoc so whats it matter just blah