フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Summoner » SMN solo thread
SMN solo thread
 Cerberus.Natsuhiko
サーバ: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: Natsuhiko
By Cerberus.Natsuhiko 2013-07-16 06:27:32  
Puppetmaster said: »
Easily soloed Jailer of Hope and Jailer of Prudence on SMN with the level 113 sash

Anything special needed on Hope? I may go try this dualboxed once I get the lvl 106 ammo.
By Puppetmaster 2013-07-16 06:30:47  
Nope, just use Titan or Ramuh (I used Titan) and bloodpact it to death while staying out of range. Avatar never died and it never hit me at all
 Cerberus.Natsuhiko
By Cerberus.Natsuhiko 2013-07-16 06:35:42  
Cool, thanks.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
サーバ: Asura
By Asura.Kingnobody 2013-07-16 22:23:56  
Carbuncle.Papesse said: »

Maiden of the Dusk (WoTG final BC)

Anyone know why on this video it was mostly Titan fighting?

It doesn't look like it was for the Stun effect of Geocrush...
 Carbuncle.Papesse
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: Papesse
By Carbuncle.Papesse 2013-07-19 23:25:58  
I used Titan because I had 5 merits on Geocrush, Shock Squall wasn't released yet.

With the new ammo I have managed to solo Bahamut V2, Jormungand, Proto-Ultima, Shinryu (with difficulty), WoE Conflux 7 and 14, Wyrm KS. Avatars have capped evasion on nearly everything now, even on wave 1/2 NMs in Legion.
 Phoenix.Zadimortis
サーバ: Phoenix
user: Terranova
By Phoenix.Zadimortis 2013-07-24 13:06:30  
I have yet to find anything in Abyssea that isn't a joke with the Dashavatara Sash - granted, I'm very slowly working my way through. MM/VV/RR, though considering swapping VV for something else, and 380 skill with gear (I know, I know, I'm a lazyass, etc). Hardest thing so far was Sippoy, on Garuda - she didn't die once, and even its Blizzaga IV just barely snubbed half her health, which was healed back immediately with Whispering Wind. (By comparison, Dark Arrivisme took a fourth of her health.) It feels like cheating. Definitely shooting for bigger and grander goals posthaste.
By Luvbunny1 2013-07-24 13:29:07  
For people who has no access to delve or still working to get the 60k plasm required for both sash and staff - you can use 50k bayld for the reive version. It's not as good as the delve version but it is way more durable when you solo abysea NMs. There is no reason to not get those while you are working on your plasm or busy leveling bard, corsair, scholar, red mage and white mage lol.
 Cerberus.Natsuhiko
By Cerberus.Natsuhiko 2013-07-25 21:56:28  
Is it worth making a MKE hat and maybe a Pet:PDT- staff for smn? My anwig is collecting dust so if I can use it on smn I'll redo it.
 Asura.Daemonarch
By Asura.Daemonarch 2013-07-25 22:34:58  
I had a question about the new ammo and staff from delve. at the moment I only have enough plasm for the staff or the ammo. would I be better off getting the staff with the plasm or getting the ammo with it. if I get the staff then I can also get the bayld ammo with it. eventually I'll have both delve things but just talking till i get more plasm.
 Asura.Kese
user: buhusky34
By Asura.Kese 2013-07-25 22:55:22  
ammo fashow
 Asura.Daemonarch
By Asura.Daemonarch 2013-07-25 23:38:24  
That's what i thought thank you
By Synria 2013-07-26 00:22:42  
Luvbunny1 said: »
For people who has no access to delve or still working to get the 60k plasm required for both sash and staff - you can use 50k bayld for the reive version. It's not as good as the delve version but it is way more durable when you solo abysea NMs. There is no reason to not get those while you are working on your plasm or busy leveling bard, corsair, scholar, red mage and white mage lol.

It's only 30k Bayld for the Convocaller (ilvl 106) same with the Forefront Scepter.
 Asura.Umisame
user: umii
By Asura.Umisame 2013-07-28 06:09:09  
With ammo lvl 113 i soloed all waking the beast, carbuncle battle in 13min. I soloed carbuncle as bst before audolin but i never tried as smn, i think it wasnt possible or very hard to do it in 30 min. Still no cuffs ;(
By Luvbunny1 2013-07-28 06:38:10  
Synria said: »
It's only 30k Bayld for the Convocaller (ilvl 106) same with the Forefront Scepter.

Yes my mistake :) the bayld version is very decent, and great to help solo tanking abysea NM by a great deal. But the ilevel 113 is even better, especially paired up with the new delve staff and headpiece. Which remind me - I need to join more delve plasm party. Which sadly don't really have a spot for Summoner - at least not the most popular job in delve run.

Update: the delve staff for Summoner (at base damage) plus the delve sachet is really nice. With baying moon atma + noxious fang, Leviathan Grand Fall at 4/5 merit does very consistent 5-6k damage per BP versus Iron Clad mobs. Soloing is super easy, mp was never an issue at all. Iron Clad always miss most of its annoying stun attack.
 Sylph.Kwate
サーバ: Sylph
user: kwate
By Sylph.Kwate 2013-08-08 16:39:49  
Working on Ochain, decided to give Maere a try since there is minimum to no competition in Grauberg.

Maere is soloable:

Keys for victory (for me anyways)

-standback at least 20 yalms, run in for BPs.

-never gotten drawn in, he did draw in Ramuh several times

-4~5 dawn muslims (a must to wake up avatar, during nightmare, use it asap to minimize hate reset, he normally takes 1-2 more swings after he sleeps avatar)

-Graviga was a non-issue as Ramuh resisted 100% of the time

-run towards avatar as soon as you see Maere coming for you (this is rare if you are prompt with muslims as avatar will quickly regain hate.

-Contrary to wiki, Ramuh's stun lasted 6-8 seconds per use (this is an FYI, fight didn't last long enough for him to build resistance)

I use Ramuh since he's merited 5/5
I do have Dashavatara Sash (he whiffs ALOT) and Balsam staff (8000+ BPs)

atmas
DG (might not be needed, might try without), Ultimate, Blinding Horn

overall a VERY quick fight if geared right. If you think the fight might be a bit longer go with 7-9 muslims as you'll see more Nightmares.
By kenshynofshiva 2013-08-14 10:54:00  
Anyone attempt to solo any of the higher level BCNM with delve sachet?
 Asura.Prophecyy
By Asura.Prophecyy 2013-09-12 16:42:25  
Just got Dashavatara Satchet and Balsam Staff so I thought I would go play around with Voidwatch NMs and Walk of Echoes. I'm quite impressed.

Soloed Celaeno, Hahava, and Voidwrought. First two were pretty easy, but Voidwrought was a really fun and challenging fight. I recommend trying it. Also tried Melancholic Moira Bastok Tier 3, won that by subbing BLM and stunning Extremely Bad Breath.

For Walk of Echoes, I've so far soloed Conflux #4-7, and #9. Almost won #3 but I *** up at the end. Haven't really tried the rest yet.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Pergatory
user: Pergatory
By Asura.Pergatory 2013-09-13 09:57:24  
Can Uffrat+1 even come close to Balsam with augments? I dropped one augment on mine just for kicks using a crappy stone and got Pet:MAB+1... so I just assumed that even with a +2 stone it probably wouldn't hit the required +60 territory. Although I wish it would, because it's the coolest looking staff in the game.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [267 days between previous and next post]
By Luvbunny1 2014-06-07 12:55:02  
For all of you my fellow Summoner - you can solo duo or trio at job point camps (Dhoh and Who Gates). For solo (takes a bit of work, but doable - a bit dangerous once in awhile) - you will need to have at least 109 set of your AF + Relic Reforged (117 Eminent pole) + 115 sachet minimum (119 is recommended but 117 sachet is ok). This will be much better once we can call trust in party set up. 3 SMN + Ulmia + Tank + Whm Trust.

Here is how: Grab a BLM or another SMN or two. Find a camp where there are plenty of Umbrils. Use Ifrit Meteor Strike x 3 = Dead Monster. Usually it should be dead within 2 Bps (so if you solo, it will take a minute or longer for the mob to die).

Attack the mob so your Trust will engage, run back far so you do not get hit by Umbril TP move - sub scholar or whm for status removal (summoning carbuncle later on works, but slower).

Trio set up will not need trust NPC - other than for buffing and emergency cure and status removal. Make sure you eat Siromochi food. And if possible get the level 119 hand piece from AA Mithra.

Does it have to be all SMN or BLMs? Can I make a normal party set up killing any mobs? YES you can. Make a normal old school party if you desire. Make sure to have SCH (for Regen 5) or WHM (for heal). Your melee DD has to have 117 weapon (119 recommended) and have over 900 accuracy gear (or bring a BRD) and they must eat sushi. Full party can easily chain over 40 for 400-600 Job Points per kill. Who Gates has plenty of mob, Dhoh Gates mob can be annoying with its defense down and encumbrance move (your melee will hate you).

The Job Points camp will let you test if your SMN up to snuff for content of Delve 2.0. Happy Hunting, experiment with which avatar you like the best, and let me know how it goes :)
By Luvbunny1 2014-06-07 13:01:58  
Another good SOLO only camp (with less points) would be Cirdas Cavern - find Umbril camp, use 2 BLMS trust with 1 WHM trust. Use Ifrit Meteor Strike, engage, let the 2 BLMS trust nuke. Mob should be dead within 30 seconds. Repeat.

Yorcia Weald - find camps where there are plenty of plant based mobs. Same strategy as above - can test Burning Strike vs Meteor Strike.

Marjami Ravine - I found that the Pugil Fish is extremely weak to Ifrit (you can test Garuda if you want) - I often one shot these mob with my BP for 9-12k damage.

Kahmir Drift - any fully merited BP should drop the mob HP to half (with 4-6k damage) and your BLM trust should be able to finish them, or your second BP.

All the other lower level zones - but a lot less capacity points. Only do this if you want to skill up your staff.
By Pantafernando 2014-06-07 13:25:50  
Who gates also have acuex, that are weak to fire.

While doh gates have mobs with more dangerous behavior (beastman mobs) who gates have mobs not that troublesome (worms and rabbits). Still aparently, mobs in who gates are very evasive. Rabbits in particular, i need sushi+hunters roll in full (poor) accuracy gear to have a decent landing in rabbits.

Good thing white rabbits arent aggressives so you can just focus in worms, that are the best mob ilv125 to build a chain. But be aware with rabbits link. Also rabbits have a very devatating aoe with wide range, that will hit hard everyone in party.

Btw, its cute when you make question and answer by yourself.
By Luvbunny1 2014-06-07 17:50:55  
Hah :) I did a party with 3 SMN, Geo and Blm today - we just stay and kill 3 umbrils and 2 bats, they repop rather fast, so getting chain 20 was not a problem. Then they become too slow to maintain chain past 20. It's very relaxing when 3 mobs can be killed within 90 seconds and you don't have to worry much about link. Have fun at double capacity points campaign next week !!
By Luvbunny1 2014-06-07 19:03:38  
The nice thing about Summoner, for capacity point party at least, you can come with 117 Eminent staff, a mix of Empy+2 gears and a few 109 reforged, and 115 sachet. With Siromochi food (highly recommended) - and your 119 AA Mithra Hand piece (please try to get this amazing piece) - a fully merited lvl 75 BP can deal very nice damage, around 4-6k on these mobs.

When you bring a mixture of 2-3 Smn, Sch, Geo and Blm, these mobs will die within 30 seconds. Assuming you are doing Umbril camp + bats. If you go for other beast men camp - can bring other jobs in the mix such as PLD (bring a SCH for Regen V) then maybe 2 SMNs, and 2 other DDs in the mix. Well geared SCH can land over 600 Helix damage, while Regen 5 will take care of PLD.

It's really a great nice change than your usual Abysea AFK merit burn party since you get 2k-2.5k exp per kill and will max merit pretty fast while earning a boatload capacity points.

Can you make alliance? Kind of. Capacity point drops to 250-320 per kill (chaining) but xp stay the same at 2k-2.5k per kill. That was an alliance of 8 people. Normal 6 people party is around 250-400 capacity points (or higher). With 8 people, the mobs die within 30-40 seconds or less - you end up clearing a camp of 8 mobs rather quickly. Since this is not abysea, do play defensively - these mobs can and will kill you :) They also aggro and link everything (the Umbril does not link but aggro magic).
By Luvbunny1 2014-06-07 20:22:40  
The best part about capacity points area - YES you can bring lower level - say lvl 90s Scholar or Bard to help heal and ballad your party etc... They can "leech" xp while doing something useful to the group instead of AFK leech. I tried with lower level 90s but not sure how the xp is for under level 90s.
By Pantafernando 2014-06-07 21:04:16