First Page 2 3 4 5 6
 Bahamut.Aeronis
サーバ: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: Aeronis
By Bahamut.Aeronis 2011-07-15 15:56:30  
Ragnarok.Kongming said:
Bahamut.Aeronis said:
It's not. Meteor was said to be BLM exclusive.
We're talking about SE, right? Because it seems I'm talking about SE and you're talking about something else.

Yes a lot of things are said. What actually happens is often entirely different.
Please explain Comet in the recent .dat mining then.
 Leviathan.Draylo
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2011-07-15 16:05:42  
Bismarck.Faelar said:
Dropping this off here:

Quote:
*Multiple example adjustments follow each job vision. These are provided merely to illustrate the general direction we intend to take each job—actual adjustments implemented may differ from what is written.

No ***? We are just speculating like every other damn opinion in the other thread about what other jobs are getting. Seriously, stop coming in here with the "stop complaining" "its not out yet??"

Leviathan.Gotterdammerung said:
This thread kinda reminds me of the movie "Sucker Punch"-
pointless, stupid, and gives me a headache.

Then remind me why you are in here posting?
[+]
 Bismarck.Crushedinchaos
サーバ: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Crushedinchaos 2011-07-17 23:53:28  
Not rly excited about the new choices. I still don't have alexander and odin, although I should really get them, but I think I'll wait until I see what the avatars are really capable of.
 Leviathan.Niniann
user: Ninian
By Leviathan.Niniann 2011-07-18 00:32:28  
Bismarck.Crushedinchaos said:
Not rly excited about the new choices. I still don't have alexander and odin, although I should really get them, but I think I'll wait until I see what the avatars are really capable of.

Cait Sith is probably worth getting. Atomos is probably 2hr only, and that being said I doubt it'll have a place over Perfect Defense. Of course I'll get them both because I'm a silly SMN.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Hevans
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Hev
By Ragnarok.Hevans 2011-07-18 01:16:38  
my carby has been dat swapped with cait sith since wotg came out. so no biggie for me. would be cool if i ever got to actually play smn though.
 Bahamut.Bekisa
By Bahamut.Bekisa 2011-07-18 01:26:58  
Bahamut.Aeronis said:

Comet, along with a whole load of other spells not seen yet (or not until 76-90 cap release), have been in dats since well before even Aht Urghan expansion came out.
[+]
 Ifrit.Eikechi
サーバ: Ifrit
user: Eike
By Ifrit.Eikechi 2011-07-18 01:27:02  
Is smn even useful in Aby these days? I don't see too too many around.
 Phoenix.Fondue
サーバ: Phoenix
user: Caliber
By Phoenix.Fondue 2011-07-18 01:28:55  
Ifrit.Eikechi said:
Is smn even useful in Aby these days? I don't see too too many around.

no, but if your otherwise well balanced group lets you use it, go for it!
 Carbuncle.Asymptotic
サーバ: Carbuncle
By Carbuncle.Asymptotic 2011-07-18 01:32:21  
Atomos's 2hr will transport all party members in the area of effect to random zones, inflict them with mute/obliviscence/encumberance/muddle/weight, and then one-shot the mob it was used on.

Cait Sith is adorable. This makes me want to level SMN.
[+]
 Cerberus.Ustav
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Ustav
By Cerberus.Ustav 2011-07-18 01:37:53  
Phoenix.Slytribal said:
CoP - Diabolos
ToAU - Odin and Alexander
WoTG - Cait Sith and Atomos

They could add Bahamut for CoP but they stated before that they wanted him to be an enemy only to keep his 'godlike' stature. Though they said the same thing for Odin and Alexander, they may add in future.

But for the reason of Cait Sith and Atomos, only ones from WoTG
Can you show me where they said that about Odin/Alexander? I know they said they didn't want to dumb Bahamut down but they nvr said anything about Odin and Alexander.
 Cerberus.Ustav
By Cerberus.Ustav 2011-07-18 01:47:06  
Carbuncle.Flionheart said:
Leviathan.Draylo said:
Okay... Cait Sith.. WHY? There were so many choices for summons like Bahamut (in almost every single FF game and summonable), Phoenix, Ixion (The ones in the game now are all diff names, obvious not gonna be a summon but would have been better than cait sith :(), the list goes on and on. Atomos is cool though, I don't see him being very useful though. He only did stat drains in the one bcnm.

Cait sith is a traditional summon in the series.
What exactly do you mean by traditional? He came out in what... 6(stray) and VII?
 Ragnarok.Hevans
By Ragnarok.Hevans 2011-07-18 01:58:04  
ustav and i used to be super smns back in the day. yall better mind your p's and q's.
By Gearwolf 2011-07-18 02:14:08  
Lot of valid points made here. But ever since I got all my primes, Fenny and Diabolos so long ago, nothing else has felt as awesome. Cait Sith I imagine might just pale in comparison and Atomos kinda seems like an inanimate object thanks to SE designating it as a portal. Hell, even as an avatar, whats the most we'll see? It's mouth move? lol

Were going to be level 99. Friggin 99. With a tiny kitty and a floating mouth. Not to say Cait Sith isnt a cool character, but neither feel or seem quite 'pinnacle of summoner prowess'. Phoenix does sound awesome. But, I'm not sure SE likes players dying less often than balanced for, or un-dying more often than balanced for, despite there already being an atma for that.

There arent a ton of summons not already used that are overly frequent game to game (if its a requirement, its kinda moot), but just imagine one of your fav summons making a permanent, usable cameo from one of your fav games? So many that could be multiple times cooler than Cait and Atomos, dontcha think? But if manpower is REALLY the reason, they should just admit it before the ensuing shitstorm when if they confirm Cait/Atomos lol
 Cerberus.Ustav
By Cerberus.Ustav 2011-07-18 02:17:08  
Ragnarok.Hevans said:
my carby has been dat swapped with cait sith since wotg came out. so no biggie for me. would be cool if i ever got to actually play smn though.
I thought you loved smn!
 Cerberus.Ustav
By Cerberus.Ustav 2011-07-18 02:18:46  
Ragnarok.Hevans said:
ustav and i used to be super smns back in the day. yall better mind your p's and q's.
omg LOl i rly should read prior to posting but UGH /lazy w/e. We were smn pro dude!
 Ragnarok.Hevans
By Ragnarok.Hevans 2011-07-18 02:18:59  
Cerberus.Ustav said:
Ragnarok.Hevans said:
I thought you loved smn!

i do! it's really fun. especially /thf and sa spirit taker. it just sucks that unless i'm soloing for fun there's no use in going smn. i remeber soloing e-vase-ive action on smn and how awesome i thought it was. now it's only good for 2 regen atmas and sticking avatars on nm's in vision zones =/.
 Ifrit.Eikechi
サーバ: Ifrit
user: Eike
By Ifrit.Eikechi 2011-07-18 02:21:46  
Phoenix is already in FFXI and it would be utteraly stupid to make it a summon.. Its a GK that was manifested from the lives of many people in Tenzen's village..... How would that even make a good summon for XI? I just want the damn GK, but it as a playable summon would make ZERO sense
 Bahamut.Aeronis
user: Aeronis
By Bahamut.Aeronis 2011-07-18 02:24:30  
Ifrit.Eikechi said:
Phoenix is already in FFXI and it would be utteraly stupid to make it a summon.. Its a GK that was manifested from the lives of many people in Tenzen's village..... How would that even make a good summon for XI? I just want the damn GK, but it as a playable summon would make ZERO sense
Doesn't mean it can't have 2 forms.

Bahamut.Bekisa said:
Bahamut.Aeronis said:

Comet, along with a whole load of other spells not seen yet (or not until 76-90 cap release), have been in dats since well before even Aht Urghan expansion came out.

Gee wiz Mr, thanks. I was talking about the video of .dats recently shown, along with all of the newly determined BLU spells. I realize that Comet along with Meteor, and plenty of other spells like Bravery and Faith have been there for forever. Thanks for the input though.
 Leviathan.Draylo
user: Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2011-07-18 02:28:03  
Ifrit.Eikechi said:

It's actually not a GKT... its Phoenix's spirit inside of the GKT. It was an actual Terrestrial Avatar. Something happened (I forgot) and it was almost brought to the brink of death, it needed all of those lives to gain some power and it traveled with Tenzen. Then it used its remaining power against Bahamut and then fused with Selhtus.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Hevans
By Ragnarok.Hevans 2011-07-18 02:29:54  
i demand fat chocobo summon.
 Cerberus.Ustav
By Cerberus.Ustav 2011-07-18 02:34:39  
Ragnarok.Hevans said:
Cerberus.Ustav said:
Ragnarok.Hevans said:
I thought you loved smn!

i do! it's really fun. especially /thf and sa spirit taker. it just sucks that unless i'm soloing for fun there's no use in going smn. i remeber soloing e-vase-ive action on smn and how awesome i thought it was. now it's only good for 2 regen atmas and sticking avatars on nm's in vision zones =/
I loved it so much I pretty much did any/everything to perfect it. Then brd came along and i got a huge Hardon for it lol. Last time I was smn for an event was... When i first joined ex adn we were trioing Temp.
 Ragnarok.Hevans
By Ragnarok.Hevans 2011-07-18 02:36:34  
Cerberus.Ustav said:
Ragnarok.Hevans said:
Cerberus.Ustav said:
Ragnarok.Hevans said:
I thought you loved smn!

i do! it's really fun. especially /thf and sa spirit taker. it just sucks that unless i'm soloing for fun there's no use in going smn. i remeber soloing e-vase-ive action on smn and how awesome i thought it was. now it's only good for 2 regen atmas and sticking avatars on nm's in vision zones =/
I loved it so much I pretty much did any/everything to perfect it. Then brd came along and i got a huge Hardon for it lol. Last time I was smn for an event was... When i first joined ex adn we were trioing Temp.

brb transferring to cerb. let's go kill lamie no. 9 out of spite and then go duo fenrir like we always dreamed?
 Cerberus.Ustav
By Cerberus.Ustav 2011-07-18 02:36:38  
Leviathan.Draylo said:
Ifrit.Eikechi said:

It's actually not a GKT... its Phoenix's spirit inside of the GKT. It was an actual Terrestrial Avatar. Something happened (I forgot) and it was almost brought to the brink of death, it needed all of those lives to gain some power and it traveled with Tenzen. Then it used its remaining power against Bahamut and then fused with Selhtus.
^

Phoenix would be a great addition to this game
 Cerberus.Ustav
By Cerberus.Ustav 2011-07-18 02:37:55  
Ragnarok.Hevans said:
Cerberus.Ustav said:
Ragnarok.Hevans said:
Cerberus.Ustav said:
Ragnarok.Hevans said:
I thought you loved smn!

brb transferring to cerb. let's go kill lamie no. 9 out of spite and then go duo fenrir like we always dreamed?

OMG ROFLLLLLLLLll I hated that *** SO MUCH. Not only was getting to her a pain but her levi's Tidal Wave is epic. I had a SS of all of us wiping to it. ROFl good times
 Ragnarok.Hevans
By Ragnarok.Hevans 2011-07-18 02:40:10  
Cerberus.Ustav said:
Ragnarok.Hevans said:
Cerberus.Ustav said:
Ragnarok.Hevans said:
Cerberus.Ustav said:
Ragnarok.Hevans said:
I thought you loved smn!

OMG ROFLLLLLLLLll I hated that *** SO MUCH. Not only was getting to her a pain but her levi's Tidal Wave is epic. I had a SS of all of us wiping to it. ROFl good times

26 yalm 2.6k damage with ss and barwater. shared hate with avatar AND a misspelled name. oh lamie no. 9 you glorious over powered ***. it was like our AV.
 Cerberus.Ustav
By Cerberus.Ustav 2011-07-18 02:49:17  
Ragnarok.Hevans said:
Cerberus.Ustav said:
Ragnarok.Hevans said:
Cerberus.Ustav said:
Ragnarok.Hevans said:
Cerberus.Ustav said:
Ragnarok.Hevans said:
I thought you loved smn!

26 yalm 2.6k damage with ss and barwater. shared hate with avatar AND a misspelled name. oh lamie no. 9 you glorious over powered ***. it was like our AV.
Yup and that B*tch would never put out too. It was very fun though lol
 Ragnarok.Hevans
By Ragnarok.Hevans 2011-07-18 02:51:22  

yeah. i've still only ever seen like 2 pairs of those gloves. funny to think about how much time we spent trying to get smn just right and now nothing we did is really applicable. smn is still pretty *Decent* if you have the right atmas. shiva is a beast.
 Cerberus.Ustav
By Cerberus.Ustav 2011-07-18 03:24:04  
Ragnarok.Hevans said:

yeah. i've still only ever seen like 2 pairs of those gloves. funny to think about how much time we spent trying to get smn just right and now nothing we did is really applicable. smn is still pretty *Decent* if you have the right atmas. shiva is a beast.
Yeah hahaha what are you doing atm?
 Ragnarok.Hevans
By Ragnarok.Hevans 2011-07-18 03:32:21  
Cerberus.Ustav said:
Ragnarok.Hevans said:

sitting on my alt on siren. level 30... i need to get toau access so i can unlock. i refuse to log on to ragnarok atm =/. you?
 Cerberus.Ustav
By Cerberus.Ustav 2011-07-18 03:47:55  
Ragnarok.Hevans said:
Cerberus.Ustav said:
Ragnarok.Hevans said:

sitting on my alt on siren. level 30... i need to get toau access so i can unlock. i refuse to log on to ragnarok atm =/. you?
wtf why are you lvling an alt on siren? I'm just on fb lol