Incoming PLD adjustments
First Page 2 3 4 5 6
 Bahamut.Zorander
サーバ: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: Zor
By Bahamut.Zorander 2011-06-10 15:58:00  
Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
Hey look, another person who thinks holding hate is the perceived problem with PLD.
Wish someone kept track along they way on how many ppl have said just this..and have no idea how wrong they are.
 Phoenix.Neosutra
サーバ: Phoenix
user: neosutra
By Phoenix.Neosutra 2011-06-10 16:03:05  
We just need to raise the hate cap so Pld can keep hate guys.
 Ifrit.Darkanaseur
サーバ: Ifrit
By Ifrit.Darkanaseur 2011-06-10 16:06:30  
Hey now there's enough of that on the official forums.

Cerberus.Arcmarc said:
This thread makes me lol - I always love it when someone says something like "you don't understand." The imbalance is what would give pld the edge for what it was meant to do. If PLD is getting hit more it would lose enmity faster, and if w're talking enmity in percentages, then pld with 110% enmity over other jobs @ 100% would be effective, as if a pld getting hit and loses its enmity below 100% then the mnk or w/e will grab hate back - the trick for pld would be to maintain higher enmity and keep "hate."

Missed this. 10%? That's an extra 1000 CE and 1000 VE lol... I don't know how much enmity you think PLD loses/hit (nevermind PDT/MDT/Ochain/Aegis/AF3 reducing that) but that looks a little imbalanced to me. I maintain my "you don't understand" position.
 Asura.Jaybezz
サーバ: Asura
By Asura.Jaybezz 2011-06-10 16:09:06  
Phoenix.Neosutra said:

and having a Ochain pld with a 110% enmity on "said" mob whiles 5-6 DD go zerg on it wont break the game?
 Ifrit.Darkanaseur
By Ifrit.Darkanaseur 2011-06-10 16:11:01  
I think you missed his sarcasm.
 Phoenix.Neosutra
user: neosutra
By Phoenix.Neosutra 2011-06-10 16:12:26  
Asura.Jaybezz said:
Phoenix.Neosutra said:

and having a Ochain pld with a 110% enmity on "said" mob whiles 5-6 DD go zerg on it wont break the game?

The amount of wooshing nearly knocked me over.
 Bahamut.Zorander
By Bahamut.Zorander 2011-06-10 16:36:08  
Phoenix.Neosutra said:
Asura.Jaybezz said:
Phoenix.Neosutra said:
The amount of wooshing nearly knocked me over.
Lessons to be learned: Sit down while reading Pld threads.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Ifrit.Darkanaseur
By Ifrit.Darkanaseur 2011-06-10 16:44:10  
It's contagious,

Asura.Deadwing said:
so that a damage mitigation party roll is needed again.

Point is, lots of jobs can fill that roll.

Quote:
but the enmity gain from damage delt equations need to be adjusted to account for the damage level 90 players are doing.

Except damage was still the best form of enmity at 75.

Post deleted by User.
 Ifrit.Darkanaseur
By Ifrit.Darkanaseur 2011-06-10 16:54:51  
Asura.Deadwing said:

Lots of jobs used to be able to fill that roll, in fact, there were several mobs where Paladin wasn't the best job to do it.

Yeah, so I don't see how raising cure costs would help PLD at all, since other jobs can tank and mitigate damage just as well. Won't hurt anyone but the WHM (and from there the overall party performance pending AoE damage or number of people)

Quote:
Not sure how this can be true when, at 75, spam tanks like red mage and ninja would reach the hate cap a lot faster than the DD without doing any damage at all.

Sure, on stuff like Tiamat, with 20 levels of cratio hurting damage, and even then all they did was cap hate faster, DDs would still get it and be able to tank (if they were good). Stuff like Cerberus though, a SAM or DRK would cap hate faster.
 Bahamut.Zorander
By Bahamut.Zorander 2011-06-10 16:55:57  
Asura.Deadwing said:
From what I've read and what I've experienced, the problem isn't with paladin, it's with white mage. The whole need for a tanking roll stemmed from the fact that healers didn't have enough mp to cure the full damage that the mobs were capable of producing. Considering the amount of refresh available, I would say the key to making the game hard again is to make cure spells cost much more so that a damage mitigation party roll is needed again. This is I think only half of the problem though, the enmity system was designed for the amounts of damage level 75 characters were pumping out. Sense enmity gained from damage delt has to do with the mobs level, not maximum hp, the large weaponskill numbers have completely outweighed other enmity sources. I don't think that any class necessarily needs to be given a higher hate cap than others, but the enmity gain from damage delt equations need to be adjusted to account for the damage level 90 players are doing.
So close but kinda off. The problem isn't the whm (but interesting blaming whm's see if we keep you alive next time!) The problem is the Survivability of all DD jobs now. Before that was a niche that pld owned out right..and that is not the story any more.

What it boils down to..

Survive the fight and take 30 min to kill something.
Survive the fight and take 3 min to kill something.

Very little in this game doesn't fall into those 2 categories(minor changes like Voidwalker, AV, PW and maybe dynamis bosses do alter this) and that's the problem with pld. SE took away the one unique thing pld had to offer and gave it to everyone.
 Odin.Creaucent
サーバ: Odin
user: Creaucent
By Odin.Creaucent 2011-06-12 21:18:07  
Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
Hey look, another person who thinks holding hate is the perceived problem with PLD.

Dont think you quite understood what i was saying, pld has no problem with keeping hate, it was mearly to all the QQers out there in this topic saying SE need to increase the enmity cap ect that doesnt need fixing. the main problem is not doing enough damage and ive never had any problems with not producing enough damage, vorpal blade doing 1-2k on NMs now i have a almace CDC is more than enough.

Post deleted by User.
 Bismarck.Kyaaadaa
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Kyaaadaa
By Bismarck.Kyaaadaa 2011-06-12 21:32:05  
Unless I missed something, the problem with PLD is people didn't want PLD being the only tank in the game... so SE made it not the only tank. NIN can tank, MNK can tank, THF can tank, DNC can tank. The difference? NINs, MNKs, THFs, and some DNCs (I don't have much experience with DNC, bear with me) all do more damage than a PLD (I'm not talking about WS numbers, I'm talking total pwnage), so the players see this as a more attractive option since more damage = less time on this mob. Were PLD to deal the same damage swing per swing, and swing as fast and as often as MNKs, NIN, and THFs, then it would be better at what it was intended to do. However, fast and hard auto-attacks were not in PLDs arsenal.
 Siren.Catabolic
サーバ: Siren
user: Catabolic
By Siren.Catabolic 2011-06-12 21:40:53  
Bismarck.Kyaaadaa said:
Unless I missed something, the problem with PLD is people didn't want PLD being the only tank in the game... so SE made it not the only tank. NIN can tank, MNK can tank, THF can tank, DNC can tank. The difference? NINs, MNKs, THFs, and some DNCs (I don't have much experience with DNC, bear with me) all do more damage than a PLD (I'm not talking about WS numbers, I'm talking total pwnage), so the players see this as a more attractive option since more damage = less time on this mob. Were PLD to deal the same damage swing per swing, and swing as fast and as often as MNKs, NIN, and THFs, then it would be better at what it was intended to do. However, fast and hard auto-attacks were not in PLDs arsenal.

In abyssea is the key here. Nin, thf, and dnc come back to reality once there is new content post abyssea. Which so far is voidwatch. Thf's, Dnc's, Nin's get completely owned in voidwatch as tanks from my experiences so far. Mnk simply doesnt seem to have the mag def to keep up in voidwatch either. Pld still has a place thanks to its survivability.
 Sylph.Rorrick
サーバ: Sylph
user: Rorrick
By Sylph.Rorrick 2011-06-12 22:28:07  
Siren.Catabolic said:
In abyssea is the key here. Nin, thf, and dnc come back to reality once there is new content post abyssea. Which so far is voidwatch. Thf's, Dnc's, Nin's get completely owned in voidwatch as tanks from my experiences so far. Mnk simply doesnt seem to have the mag def to keep up in voidwatch either. Pld still has a place thanks to its survivability.

MNK can cap MDT as easily as non-Aegis PLD can.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2011-06-12 22:31:38  
Odin.Creaucent said:
Fenrir.Nightfyre said:

Dont think you quite understood what i was saying, pld has no problem with keeping hate, it was mearly to all the QQers out there in this topic saying SE need to increase the enmity cap ect that doesnt need fixing. the main problem is not doing enough damage and ive never had any problems with not producing enough damage, vorpal blade doing 1-2k on NMs now i have a almace CDC is more than enough.
Never would have picked up on that from the previous post, seeing how you didn't talk about your damage output even once yet used the word "hate" four times.

"Enough" damage is relative and I have no idea what your baseline is.
 Bismarck.Kyaaadaa
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Kyaaadaa
By Bismarck.Kyaaadaa 2011-06-12 22:51:13  
Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
"Enough" damage is relative and I have no idea what your baseline is.
My baseline would probably be matching any other DD's auto-attack with my own auto-attack, speed for speed, damage for damage. Where I would fall short would be WSs, as a purely DD job would and should crush me. Where the hate does NOT change would be with JA's and +enmity gear. The DDs WSs should not procure more enmity than the extra enmity I recieve from my auto-attacks and WSs.
 Phoenix.Fondue
user: Caliber
By Phoenix.Fondue 2011-06-12 22:56:40  
not enough pld/whm battlemaging in this thread, why pigeon hole yourself
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2011-06-12 23:14:59  
Bismarck.Kyaaadaa said:
My baseline would probably be matching any other DD's auto-attack with my own auto-attack, speed for speed, damage for damage.
You're single-wielding a fairly mediocre weapon type. By this standard PLD falls far short of "enough".

Quote:
Where the hate does NOT change would be with JA's and +enmity gear.
JAs slow you down, so if anything they favor you not having hate (JA delay means you have a ~2 second window where the mob will be firmly locked on someone else) once you're capped and even PLD can manage that within a minute. Enmity+ gear does *** all if you're recapping VE each swing as well. If the mob's strong enough that's not happening then sure, knock yourself out.
 Pandemonium.Ironguy
サーバ: Pandemonium
user: Ironguy
By Pandemonium.Ironguy 2011-06-12 23:18:49  
Asura.Deadwing said:
i knew how to play this game at 75

news to me
 Ifrit.Darkanaseur
By Ifrit.Darkanaseur 2011-06-12 23:35:49  
What is SID? And ilu Iron
 Asura.Dajociont
サーバ: Asura
user: Jamehkun
By Asura.Dajociont 2011-06-12 23:37:46  
spell..interruption..down? *** if i know, i'd hope that's not it.
 Leviathan.Draylo
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2011-06-12 23:38:36  
Yes that's what it is ^
 Pandemonium.Ironguy
By Pandemonium.Ironguy 2011-06-12 23:57:36  
Ifrit.Darkanaseur said:
What is SID? And ilu Iron

it stood for: brb taking ten years to kill content that could be killed/tanked by a solo sam with support

but, for the few occasions where they actually managed to not wipe to it,

we were armed to the teeth with in-game fireworks to place emphasis on their glorious victory and income (divided among +30 gimp members, which equated to about 60k a month because they rarely got claim and successfully managed to kill any content in the game, including ground kings)
By Spookyfish89 2011-06-13 00:01:30  
When I find a Hornet nest in my shed, I have a problem. I then remove said Hornet nest and my problems disappear.

The only option here is simple, remove PLD.
[+]
 Pandemonium.Ironguy
By Pandemonium.Ironguy 2011-06-13 00:03:22  
or remove the dormant rampart from your shed
 Ifrit.Darkanaseur
By Ifrit.Darkanaseur 2011-06-13 00:03:49  
Pandemonium.Ironguy said: