Bahamut Server ~ Roundel Earring Farm ~ Hurray!

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Servers » Bahamut » Bahamut Server ~ Roundel Earring Farm ~ Hurray!
Bahamut Server ~ Roundel Earring Farm ~ Hurray!
First Page 2 3 4 5 6
 Bahamut.Linexi
サーバ: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: Linexi
By Bahamut.Linexi 2011-04-27 19:17:46  
Hallo fellow Bahamut residents,

are you interested in obtaining a Roundel Earring?

Shibumi and some friends plan to turn Castle Oztroja (S) to Windy influence on this Saturday April 30th, starting at 7:00 pm EST.

From wiki:
Quote:
Just incase people are interested in doing Plucking Wings get a group of 6-12 member and keep killing Campaign Monsters in Castle Oztroja (S) without Allied Tag the best way is to do this is 1 day before Tally for the action.

Anyone can help just show up and start killing campaign mobs, try to avoid killing bosses since that leads to a repop of the campaign mobs that can take 30 minutes or so. Thats it!

I look forward to seeing ppl there and hopefully get our server access to such a choice piece that we have not seen in a long time.

If anyone has some tips on how to do this more efficiently or want to correct any info mentioned above, please leave comments below.

-
Linexi
[+]
 Bahamut.Aeronis
user: Aeronis
By Bahamut.Aeronis 2011-04-27 19:44:06  
Fell Cleaving might be something to consider-- with multiple WARs at the same time perhaps? I should be able to make it and have WHM, BLU, SAM, BLM, COR, and DNC to offer.
[+]
 Bahamut.Serj
user: Serj
By Bahamut.Serj 2011-04-27 19:48:47  
I'll be coming along. Have war/mnk/drk.
 Caitsith.Loughry
サーバ: Caitsith
user: Loughry
By Caitsith.Loughry 2011-04-27 19:55:05  
Because I'm unsure how the campaign system works, what exactly are you planning to do? You are killing the campaign monsters excluding only the NM (Leader) of the group? After doing this, what happens? Does killing the 9 or 10 monsters to a particular monster clan dramatically increase a nation's rating for that zone? And, what do you do after you kill the monsters and leave the NM up, you just leave?

Thanks in advance.
 Bahamut.Serj
By Bahamut.Serj 2011-04-27 19:59:01  
Caitsith.Loughry said:
Because I'm unsure how the campaign system works, what exactly are you planning to do? You are killing the campaign monsters excluding only the NM (Leader) of the group? After doing this, what happens? Does killing the 9 or 10 monsters to a particular monster clan dramatically increase a nation's rating for that zone? And, what do you do after you kill the monsters and leave the NM up, you just leave?

Thanks in advance.

You kill all the monsters except the nm. By killing them all, you lower their influence in that area. If you kill the nm, it takes ~30 mins for him to recover and he won't come back out (with more mobs) until then. So, by leaving the nms, you get to spam kill normal mobs and hurt their influence the fastest.
 Bahamut.Serj
By Bahamut.Serj 2011-04-27 20:00:10  
Oh, also. You generally stay there as long as you can. Many, many hours.
 Caitsith.Loughry
By Caitsith.Loughry 2011-04-27 20:02:18  
Bahamut.Serj said:
Caitsith.Loughry said:

Thanks in advance.

You kill all the monsters except the nm. By killing them all, you lower their influence in that area. If you kill the nm, it takes ~30 mins for him to recover and he won't come back out (with more mobs) until then. So, by leaving the nms, you get to spam kill normal mobs and hurt their influence the fastest.

So what I'm assuming is you guys' are avoiding killing the NM because in doing so, the rest the group will warp when he dies? And, next question, when you guys' kill all the normal mobs excluding the leaders, what happens? Leaders eventually warp or mobs repop? or something? Or is it just killing all the normal monsters will be enough to change the influence?

Thanks again.
 Bahamut.Linexi
By Bahamut.Linexi 2011-04-27 20:10:03  
Mobs simply repop, and you can be from any nation to help out. Should you feel inclined to to the bc with some mates, if we win influence, just change your allegiance to windy and make sure to have Iron Emblem of Service ∮∮ medal or higher and you can flag the Campaign Op.
 Caitsith.Loughry
By Caitsith.Loughry 2011-04-27 20:15:09  
Bahamut.Linexi said:
Mobs simply repop, and you can be from any nation to help out. Should you feel inclined to to the bc with some mates, if we win influence, just change your allegiance to windy and make sure to have Iron Emblem of Service ∮∮ medal or higher and you can flag the Campaign Op.

Ah okay thanks. Didn't even realize I would have to be with Windurst to flag the BC. When switching to a new nation (I'm currently with Sandy) will my medal be reset to the very first one?
 Bahamut.Aeronis
By Bahamut.Aeronis 2011-04-27 20:17:50  
Quote:
So what I'm assuming is you guys' are avoiding killing the NM because in doing so, the rest the group will warp when he dies? And, next question, when you guys' kill all the normal mobs excluding the leaders, what happens? Leaders eventually warp or mobs repop? or something? Or is it just killing all the normal monsters will be enough to change the influence?

Thanks again.

They wouldn't warp since they're on the home-turf, and it's not an attack. So yea, they just re-pop.
 Bahamut.Linexi
By Bahamut.Linexi 2011-04-27 20:19:04  
From wiki:
Quote:
If you change allegiance to a different nation, you will keep all of your Allied Notes, Campaign Ops Credits, and your current rank. All progress toward your next rank evaluation will be reset however, as will the duration of your current medal and the time until your next possible rank evaluation (30 and 5 earth days respectively). If returning to a nation you had previously been allied to, you must pay 300 Allied Notes and return your two most recently acquired medals.
 Bahamut.Serj
By Bahamut.Serj 2011-04-27 20:26:36  
Aero, Y U NO ONLINE ANYWHERE?
 Bahamut.Yoroitsune
user: ForteGSX
By Bahamut.Yoroitsune 2011-04-27 20:27:22  
Bahamut.Serj said:
Aero, Y U NO ONLINE ANYWHERE?

He's hiding from me duh
[+]
 Bahamut.Tejas
user: Tejas
By Bahamut.Tejas 2011-04-27 20:47:19  
How tough are those mobs now? If they are lol soloable, maybe other people would want to do some earlier that day? I have to check my medal rank to make sure I can transfer but yummy roundel ear..
 Bahamut.Aeronis
By Bahamut.Aeronis 2011-04-27 21:00:22  
It's like any campaign mob, was soloable at 75, with not much HP at all really.
 Bahamut.Linexi
By Bahamut.Linexi 2011-04-27 23:20:22  
Any DD/dnc, rdm, dnc or any self sufficient build can handle those mobs. Do switch to windy if possible though, would be nice to have mostly windy allied ppl killing stuff.
 Bahamut.Linexi
By Bahamut.Linexi 2011-04-30 15:03:29  
Update:
I have been scouting Oztroja since Thursday and I have not seen any campaign mobs. It seems that windy needs to control all it of its regions for these mobs to appear. ~.~ With that in mind, if anyone was heading over today, there is nothing that can be done in Oztroja. I'll be focusing on the lesser regions this week to try and help turn the tide for next week.
[+]
 Bahamut.Aeronis
By Bahamut.Aeronis 2011-04-30 15:09:39  
Well that's unfortunate. More refresh subligar questing for me then! :I
 Bahamut.Branwen
user: Branwen
By Bahamut.Branwen 2011-04-30 15:25:13  
BOoo! Thats sucks that Windy needs to control more areas first XD I would love one of those earrings. I guess its time to do some campaign lol
 Bahamut.Linexi
By Bahamut.Linexi 2011-05-04 17:34:38  
For two days this week, Friday(6th) and Saturday(7th) starting at 6:30 PM EST, we will be trying to turn the following areas to windy control:

• Sauromugue Champaign (S)

• Garlaige Citadel (S)

• Meriphataud Mountains (S)

• Fort Karugo-Narugo (S)

• West Sarutabaruta (S)

• Windurst Waters (S)

Hard push will be Saturday.

Certain things to be aware of:
-You can help by killing campaign mobs whether campaign is occurring or not, or whether you have tags or not.
-The important factor in turning things to Windy(S) influence is killshot. So have ppl allied with Windy(S) land the killing blow.

Hopefully when the Conquest Tally occurs we will control those areas and Oztroja(S) campaign mobs will spawn and we can work to take control of Oztroja next week.

If you are out there alone, or wanna team up, send me a tell; we will probably have an alliance going.
 Bahamut.Serj
By Bahamut.Serj 2011-05-04 17:40:54  
I'm all for this! Let's do it!
 Bahamut.Satanas
user: Satanas
By Bahamut.Satanas 2011-05-04 17:57:57  
If you guys stay there for a while I can help late night.
 Bahamut.Zorander
user: Zor
By Bahamut.Zorander 2011-05-04 18:06:55  
Oooo this sounds interesting.

However I am signed up with bastok and I dont know if I can lower my standards enough to want to be signed up with windy.

Hmmm is it worth it.
 Bahamut.Serj
By Bahamut.Serj 2011-05-04 18:34:02  
IT IS, ZOO. DO IT!
 Asura.Antaress
サーバ: Asura
user: Antaress
By Asura.Antaress 2011-05-04 23:58:01  
Bahamut.Linexi said:
For two days this week, Friday(6th) and Saturday(7th) starting at 6:30 PM EST, we will be trying to turn the following areas to windy control:

• Sauromugue Champaign (S)

• Garlaige Citadel (S)

• Meriphataud Mountains (S)

• Fort Karugo-Narugo (S)

• West Sarutabaruta (S)

• Windurst Waters (S)

Hard push will be Saturday.

Certain things to be aware of:
-You can help by killing campaign mobs whether campaign is occurring or not, or whether you have tags or not.
-The important factor in turning things to Windy(S) influence is killshot. So have ppl allied with Windy(S) land the killing blow.

Hopefully when the Conquest Tally occurs we will control those areas and Oztroja(S) campaign mobs will spawn and we can work to take control of Oztroja next week.

If you are out there alone, or wanna team up, send me a tell; we will probably have an alliance going.

ahahah the way this post was written really made it look like a note from SE about some update or emergency maintenance, lol.
and about the thread, nice initiative, good luck (:
 Bahamut.Ceviilla
user: Ceviilla
By Bahamut.Ceviilla 2011-05-05 02:01:21  
I'll be there to support my twin! <3
 Bahamut.Weasel
user: Weasel
By Bahamut.Weasel 2011-05-05 03:51:04  
I'll do my best to make it as well. Gonna probably see the midnight showing of Thor, so my schedule's a bit weird lately. You guys know I'm usually on late anyway. :)

Also, shout in Jeuno and Whitegate especially for the Oztroja (S) takeover. I saw a JP person shouting last month for members to join his LS he made for the purpose of doing this as well.
 Bahamut.Alukat
user: Alukat
By Bahamut.Alukat 2011-05-05 04:08:32  
i'll do some kills too when i have some time.
i always liked to go rdm/blm and pulled 5-7 mobs AoE ws > sleepga.
with genbu's shield,jelly ring, phalanx, ice spikes they could hardly kill me.and shield mastery gave some tp if they woke up before i had 100tp.
griffinclaw / lex talionis might be good weapon for AoE dmg spam.
800-900 dmg per mob on 5-7 mobs is roughly 4000-6300 dmg done with only 1 ws.
 Bahamut.Razorback
user: Razorback
By Bahamut.Razorback 2011-05-05 05:16:39  
I've mentioned this to my Aby group and posted it on a German Facebook FFXI group from bahamut. Hopefully more ppl will see it and spread it on other forums. Maybe the EUs can get to work sooner and let the NAs continue or something. Who knows.
First Page 2 3 4 5 6