言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXIAH.com » Suggestions » Ebisu Fishing Rod = Relic
Ebisu Fishing Rod = Relic
First Page 2 3 ... 11 12
By Otomis 2011-12-09 10:12:59  
In all the non-sense in threads I really appreciate Kalilla's input. It is not just hate spam, negativity, or happy go lucky everything gin the world is roses. just well thought out dialog.

Anyhow, I would vote yes to it. I have tried fishing and it annoys me greatly.

And even relic are not hard to get: I just started my Aegis farming each day for my 2 hours. In that amount of time I am almost done with stage 4 Aegis. So it does not even seem hard.

Emp's are just easy, everyone knows that.

I would say mythic's are the hardest and deserve credit for being so.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Stiel
サーバ: Ragnarok
Game: FFXI
user: Stiel
By Ragnarok.Stiel 2011-12-09 11:14:19  
@Kalilla how much points does give mithyc relic and emps right now? ^^
 Bahamut.Danthebk
サーバ: Bahamut
user: danthebk
By Bahamut.Danthebk 2011-12-09 11:17:31  
I think:

Mythic: 15050
Relic: 12120
Empyrean: 5000

I reached these numbers taking the total achievement score and subtracting the visible points (job levels, crafts, missions, etc.) on players with only one of the above and assumed the remainder as the weapon.
 Cerberus.Taint
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Taint
By Cerberus.Taint 2011-12-09 11:23:06  
Odin.Dirtyfinger said: »
Don't really see the point in a achievement system as it's not like it actually counts every player anyway, only the registered ffxiah users.

^ This x100

There are dozens of pimp accounts on Cerberus not even in the rankings. I'm sure its that way everywhere.
 Odin.Godofgods
サーバ: Odin
By Odin.Godofgods 2011-12-09 11:54:54  
Siren.Kalilla said: »
Crafting
  • A single level 100 craft: 5,000 points

• A subcraft to level 50: 2,000 points

• Leveling fishing to 100: 5,000 points

• Leveling synergy to 80: 7,000 points

• A single level 100 craft with 7 subs at 50, 100 fishing and 80 synergy: 31,000 points

• Crafts you can't bot: None, even synergy is able to now

• Time it takes = If you had unlimited gil... probably 30-60 days. Realistically about 2+ years depending on the player.

Thats the only part i question now. Even in todays world, getting a craft to 100 is infinitly harder then getting a job to 99. And i think it should reflect that.

Also, in regaurds to fishing. Atleast for legit players, getting that to 100 probably takes longer then anything else in this game still. Longer then any job lvlin, mission, of regular craft. Even after 4-5 years, i have all main crafts capped, but my fishing is like 20 something~. So props to anyone that actuly went though the pain of doing that.
 Odin.Godofgods
By Odin.Godofgods 2011-12-09 11:59:40  
Odin.Dirtyfinger said: »
Don't really see the point in a achievement system as it's not like it actually counts every player anyway, only the registered ffxiah users.
I think that is even a greater quality toward the system. If you don't use the website then you're not apart of it. This system is for the active/participating players of FFXI that uses FFXIAH. Why should you care about someone who doesn't use the website and doesn't participate on it. Would be worthless info I think.

I like the system actually. Its nice to look at now and then. And of course the site is only going to enter ppl that are on their site. That only makes sense.
And if nothing else, its a convenient place to check what you have done and still need to finish, rather then logging into the ffxi community site or trying to remember it all.
 Cerberus.Kaht
サーバ: Cerberus
user: kaht
By Cerberus.Kaht 2011-12-09 12:40:33  
Leviathan.Draylo said: »
There isn't the ability to do a mog bonanaza everyday and it obviously doesn't apply to this situation.

Good point, how often do you have the ability to go 1/1 on both ebisu items? Once per character. I've participated in a few mog bonanzas already, so I guess that means it's easier to win the mog bonanza than it is to go 1/1 on both items.

lol onoes they have to fish bot to 88+ and make sure they buy or fish up 3~22 fish a day, golly that is rough.

Who said it was rough? My point was that it is time consuming, hence the reason I said it takes a month or better to finish the GP. At this point, I think most people accept the fact that there's not really anything difficult in this game. So how else are we supposed to measure an achievement if not for the work and time involved in completing something. The average ebisu will take longer than almost every item on that "achievement" list as Kalilla kindly pointed out earlier.

If people are arguing for this, then maybe we should get Maat's cap back? Why should that be taken off but not some rod that can be obtained by trading two fish at minimum.

Might as well, the system already awards points (and quite a hefty sum, for that matter) for leveling a job, so I don't really see the difference.

Currently, I could log in in the morning, take my THF out to an abyssea party, afk the entire day, and come back to a 95 thf with full merits, and the system would give me 6572 points of "achievement" for it.

I could definitely see how adding an achievement for obtaining an ebisu would be unfair would completely destroy this balanced system, since it's so much easier than getting a job to 95 apparently - all you have to do is trade 2 fish, right?
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
サーバ: Siren
user: Kalila
By Siren.Kalilla 2011-12-09 12:55:54  
I would like to remind everyone that NO achievement should be measured by botting.

Also, this site wasn't meant to measure the best players in the game, it is meant to measure the members of FFXIAH.

Very simple.
[+]
 Odin.Godofgods
By Odin.Godofgods 2011-12-12 18:01:33  
considering the ease of lvling tho, i think a 100 craft is much more of an achevment then a 99 job
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Crystalchan
Leonardo da Clippi
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
By Quetzalcoatl.Crystalchan 2011-12-12 18:12:01  
I think it would be cool if it showed on your page, and when you looked up ebisu you'd find everyone on each server that has one, like emps/relics etc. I guess it'd make it a tad easier for people to get their gugs/liks? I don't care if it didn't give achievements, because it really doesn't matter much anymore when you can burn a job up in a day
[+]
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
サーバ: Siren
user: Kalila
By Siren.Kalilla 2011-12-12 18:16:00  
Quetzalcoatl.Crystalchan said: »
I think it would be cool if it showed on your page, and when you looked up ebisu you'd find everyone on each server that has one, like emps/relics etc. I guess it'd make it a tad easier for people to get their gugs/liks? I don't care if it didn't give achievements, because it really doesn't matter much anymore when you can burn a job up in a day
That's what the majority of people were asking for since this topic started, just so it showed up on the player page.
 Quetzalcoatl.Crystalchan
Leonardo da Clippi
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
By Quetzalcoatl.Crystalchan 2011-12-12 18:17:48  
Quetzalcoatl.Crystalchan said: »
That's what the majority of people were asking for since this topic started, just so it showed up on the player page.
I haven't really kept up with it after the first few pages D:
First Page 2 3 ... 11 12