フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Paladin » Atmas
Atmas
 Quetzalcoatl.Zagam
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
Game: FFXI
user: Jamesfk
By Quetzalcoatl.Zagam 2011-03-16 14:57:07  
Lakshmi.Pvtcaf said:
Just bored, and figured I'd ask what others have found to be successful Atma combos for pld.

For solo and toying around I usually use RR, Minikin, and Apoc.

Anyone try stacking absorb/annul dmg atmas along with +2?
Savior and RR, 3rd can be changed for w/e your fighting or need to solo but usually SS.

Or you can be like captaincrunch and realize mnk sucks compared to war and spend your time spccdogging the pld forums trying to make yourself feel better about leveling a useless job like mnk.
[+]
By seiri 2011-03-16 14:58:39  
Quetzalcoatl.Zagam said:
Lakshmi.Pvtcaf said:
Just bored, and figured I'd ask what others have found to be successful Atma combos for pld.

Savior and RR, 3rd can be changed for w/e your fighting or need to solo but usually SS.

Or you can be like captaincrunch and realize mnk sucks compared to war and spend your time spccdogging the pld forums trying to make yourself feel better about leveling a useless job like mnk.

Sorry....nini i think someones on stronger crack thn me...

At least my *** was still READABLE..
 Leviathan.Niniann
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Ninian
By Leviathan.Niniann 2011-03-16 15:02:25  
seiri said:
Lolz, think i miswrote that a lil~. Was talking single nuke vs single BP, not on the whole. Kunimatsu regularly outnukes the BLMs in our ls on a single nuke, and we have a couple of decent~good BLMs.

Yeah that's not what you wrote, lol. Uhh, single nuke VS single BP... eeeeh. Even geared for it, if you're going against a top-tier BLM it's very close. Mana Cede helps a lot though, without it it's probably about even. Haven't tried with replacing MM with Atma of Hell's Guardian since I just got it and I rarely play SMN, but I'm still not entirely convinced(especially if the BLM is on even footing atma-wise). Good BLMs wreck ***.

seiri said:
Quetzalcoatl.Zagam said:

Sorry....nini i think someones on stronger crack thn me...

I lol'd.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2011-03-16 15:04:50  
Leviathan.Niniann said:
Good BLMs wreck ***.
QFT. 5/5 AF3+2 with magians staves and good atmas is scary ***. I'll grant that SMN has impressive spike damage as well though, especially given their hate/TP-less DD capabilities.

Quetzalcoatl.Zagam said:
mnk sucks compared to war
lolwut
By seiri 2011-03-16 15:05:49  
Leviathan.Niniann said:
seiri said:
Lolz, think i miswrote that a lil~. Was talking single nuke vs single BP, not on the whole. Kunimatsu regularly outnukes the BLMs in our ls on a single nuke, and we have a couple of decent~good BLMs.

Yeah that's not what you wrote, lol. Uhh, single nuke VS single BP... eeeeh. Even geared for it, if you're going against a top-tier BLM it's very close. Mana Cede helps a lot though, without it it's probably about even. Haven't tried with replacing MM with Atma of Hell's Guardian since I just got it and I rarely play SMN, but I'm still not entirely convinced(especially if the BLM is on even footing atma-wise). Good BLMs wreck ***.

Its very close. In certain situations, SMN will outdo BLM over time cus they can release and resummon, thus no need to hold back, but you are right that BLMs wreck ***ha.

Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
Leviathan.Niniann said:
Good BLMs wreck ***.
QFT. 5/5 AF3+2 with magians staves and good atmas is scary ***. I'll grant that SMN has impressive spike damage as well though, especially given their hate/TP-less DD capabilities.

Quetzalcoatl.Zagam said:
mnk sucks compared to war
lolwut

The hate/tp less DD is my point about certain situations.
 Siren.Kunimatsu
サーバ: Siren
user: Kunimatsu
By Siren.Kunimatsu 2011-03-16 15:10:29  
Leviathan.Niniann said:
seiri said:

Yeah the main problem with SMNs nukes vs a BLMs, even if they match a BLMs, the BLM can just do another one straight after, if they can afford the hate gain that is lol. SMN has to wait 45secs at best to do another, but the nuke itself is hateless for the smn.

With a 5/5 BP with caller's spats +1 you only need 75% TP to cap, so mana cede doesn't make that big a difference since it's easy to get that TP especially with caller's pendant, it's nice for when an avatar is freshly summoned though.
 Bahamut.Zorander
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Zor
By Bahamut.Zorander 2011-03-16 15:12:14  
haya said:
Loquac. Earring on war/sam what?
Lol of the random gear I'm wearing you pick Loq earring..not the Kraken or Shield?!
By seiri 2011-03-16 15:12:32  
Siren.Kunimatsu said:
Leviathan.Niniann said:
seiri said:

Yeah the main problem with SMNs nukes vs a BLMs, even if they match a BLMs, the BLM can just do another one straight after, if they can afford the hate gain that is lol. SMN has to wait 45secs at best to do another, but the nuke itself is hateless for the smn.

With a 5/5 BP with caller's spats +1 you only need 75% TP to cap, so mana cede doesn't make that big a difference since it's easy to get that TP especially with caller's pendant, it's nice for when an avatar is freshly summoned though.

5/5 merits on BP nuke*
Just to make sure u dont sound HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE..
[+]
 Leviathan.Tiptopjester
user: Tip
By Leviathan.Tiptopjester 2011-03-16 15:13:37  
>.< Thought I was still in a Pld thread my bad bbl..
By seiri 2011-03-16 15:18:23  
Leviathan.Tiptopjester said:
>.< Thought I was still in a Pld thread my bad bbl..

Ah yeh....this tends to happen
 Diabolos.Mesheef
サーバ: Diabolos
user: Mesheef
By Diabolos.Mesheef 2011-03-16 15:25:44  
Look if you are flat out going for long term solo use minikin, RR and pretty much 3rd slot is up to you, VV, apoc, mounted champ whatever.

As for DD I have watched Archangelsix on PLD with only 2 atma's and a G.S. spamming out 3-4k dmg with the occ 4-5k with latent scourge.

Yeah PLD isn't the greatest DD but if you know what you are doing and have right gear/atma you can pull your own weight. Personally if I am going to go PLD in abyssea I will wear as much humanly possible occ absorb atma and be a puller for aby pt's. Otherwise I will get on blm and 1 shot everything.

No point making people wait forever if you can speed things up.

But I do however understand if the OP wants to solo in abyssea as PLD, especially as since some people don't have the time to put into leveling other jobs. With PLD's ability to !! red with so many weapons and a few blue and yellow !! why can't he if he doesn't have war or nin up?

So over all, yes pld is sometimes annoyingly slow at DD because people don't know how to gear/atma it properly.

But if it is what you have use it.

Personally I think it would be worth your while to lvl nin.

P.S. People need to stop feeding into tools that scream "bandwagon" every time someone levels a job. No job can fully cover another jobs abilities/duties. Plain and simple I leveled smn for one thing rdm for another blm for something different sam for something else and so on. You people need to stop with the immature crap about bandwagons. Nobody leveled a job because they thought you were cool on the job.
[+]
By seiri 2011-03-16 15:46:45  
Diabolos.Mesheef said:
Look if you are flat out going for long term solo use minikin, RR and pretty much 3rd slot is up to you, VV, apoc, mounted champ whatever.

As for DD I have watched Archangelsix on PLD with only 2 atma's and a G.S. spamming out 3-4k dmg with the occ 4-5k with latent scourge.

Yeah PLD isn't the greatest DD but if you know what you are doing and have right gear/atma you can pull your own weight. Personally if I am going to go PLD in abyssea I will wear as much humanly possible occ absorb atma and be a puller for aby pt's. Otherwise I will get on blm and 1 shot everything.

No point making people wait forever if you can speed things up.

But I do however understand if the OP wants to solo in abyssea as PLD, especially as since some people don't have the time to put into leveling other jobs. With PLD's ability to !! red with so many weapons and a few blue and yellow !! why can't he if he doesn't have war or nin up?

So over all, yes pld is sometimes annoyingly slow at DD because people don't know how to gear/atma it properly.

But if it is what you have use it.

Personally I think it would be worth your while to lvl nin.

P.S. People need to stop feeding into tools that scream "bandwagon" every time someone levels a job. No job can fully cover another jobs abilities/duties. Plain and simple I leveled smn for one thing rdm for another blm for something different sam for something else and so on. You people need to stop with the immature crap about bandwagons. Nobody leveled a job because they thought you were cool on the job.

Assuming 2 atma, you would need beyond and ultimate to reach those numbers, as well as decent gear (assuming herc. slash), this is NOT viable for a solo setup.

While you are right in saying that no job can cover everything another job can, most people who have a particularly prefered job try and cover as much of that jobs potential as possible. SMN for example is not as limited as most people seem to believe, as it CAN buff, it CAN solo, it CAN nuke, it CAN be used for kite/nukes, etc. To attempt to 'slothole' a job usually causes the job to lose much of its potential, as many jobs can perform multiple roles.

Diabolos.Mesheef said:
Nobody leveled a job because they thought you were cool on the job.

I have no idea what you're trying to say...
 Bahamut.Natashia
user: Natashia
By Bahamut.Natashia 2011-03-16 15:50:58  
Asura.Jaybezz said:
pld's r banned from abyssea level mnk
if u gave me your credit card numbers i would level up mnk

for atmas i'm a fan of

- Minikin (Intelligence+: Superior (+50) Refresh+: Major (10/tick) Enmity-: Minor)
- Sanguine Scythe (HP+: Major (20%) Critical Hit Damage+: Major Enmity+: Minor)
- Mounted Champion (VIT+:Superior(+50) Regen:Superior(20/tick) Enmity decrease when taking damage:Minor)
[+]
By seiri 2011-03-16 15:55:15  
Bahamut.Natashia said:
Asura.Jaybezz said:

for atmas i'm a fan of

- Minikin (Intelligence+: Superior (+50) Refresh+: Major (10/tick) Enmity-: Minor)
- Mounted Champion (VIT+:Superior(+50) Regen:Superior(20/tick) Enmity decrease when taking damage:Minor)

People who make sweeping statements like that are obviously stupid so....think you got a chance at those credit cards!

If you solo PLD you really do need RR. Theres no point taking no dmg if you cant deal any either. Minkin is great for long term solos when you need to cure a lot, but for a lot of situations, you wont need more thn /rdm fresh cus you dont need to cure much. Or ambition will cover 90% of situations better thn minkin - movement if you need to kite for a bit, fast cast for cure time, and 5/tick fresh.
 Bahamut.Natashia
By Bahamut.Natashia 2011-03-16 16:02:03  
seiri said:
Bahamut.Natashia said:
Asura.Jaybezz said:

for atmas i'm a fan of

People who make sweeping statements like that are obviously stupid so....think you got a chance at those credit cards!

If you solo PLD you really do need RR. Theres no point taking no dmg if you cant deal any either. Minkin is great for long term solos when you need to cure a lot, but for a lot of situations, you wont need more thn /rdm fresh cus you dont need to cure much. Or ambition will cover 90% of situations better thn minkin - movement if you need to kite for a bit, fast cast for cure time, and 5/tick fresh.

people who tell other people what job to level up and play are stupid. you pay for the game, you level the job and play the job you want.

i do fine with the atmas i use, solo is solo you have all the time you want. if you didn't you wouldnt be solo'ng you would have a group and if i had a group i wouldn't be worrying about survivability as a group has multiple healers. if wanted to kill faster i would use RR on my nin. which i rather play pld.
 Bahamut.Natashia
By Bahamut.Natashia 2011-03-16 16:04:46  
Lakshmi.Pvtcaf said:

as you can read the OP asked what others found successful atma combos. i stated the ones i use.
By seiri 2011-03-16 16:06:37  
Bahamut.Natashia said:
seiri said:
Bahamut.Natashia said:
Asura.Jaybezz said:

for atmas i'm a fan of

people who tell other people what job to level up and play are stupid. you pay for the game, you level the job and play the job you want.

i do fine with the atmas i use, solo is solo you have all the time you want. if you didn't you wouldnt be solo'ng you would have a group and if i had a group i wouldn't be worrying about survivability as a group has multiple healers. if wanted to kill faster i would use RR on my nin. which i rather play pld.

Aye and..

You really have a survivability issue as PLD? All i meant with the atmas was that PLD is proberbly the most survivable job in the game in terms of how much dmg it takes, so a pure def/survivability atma set will often be over the top and wasted. Yeh, if you choose to solo you likely have excess time, but if you have no issues surviving, why not use an atma slot or two or three for decreasing the time investment?
By seiri 2011-03-16 16:07:26  
Bahamut.Natashia said:
Lakshmi.Pvtcaf said:

as you can read the OP asked what others found successful atma combos. i stated the ones i use.

Aye im not trying to diss that, just asking a few situation related questions.
 Diabolos.Mesheef
By Diabolos.Mesheef 2011-03-16 16:09:15  
Assuming 2 atma, you would need beyond and ultimate to reach those numbers, as well as decent gear (assuming herc. slash), this is NOT viable for a solo setup.

While you are right in saying that no job can cover everything another job can, most people who have a particularly prefered job try and cover as much of that jobs potential as possible. SMN for example is not as limited as most people seem to believe, as it CAN buff, it CAN solo, it CAN nuke, it CAN be used for kite/nukes, etc. To attempt to 'slothole' a job usually causes the job to lose much of its potential, as many jobs can perform multiple roles.

Diabolos.Mesheef said:
Nobody leveled a job because they thought you were cool on the job.

I have no idea what you're trying to say...[/quote]

I full well know the capabilities of smn, was my first 75 job and I was soloing things at 75 that nobody could fathom the concept of soloing. The ability t buff pt, debuff mobs, nuke, tank DD everything that smn has I know all too well... Took me 2 years soloing to go from 1-75 fully merit smn.

As for what you don't understand f me saying I am simply declaring that the people that claim that someone leveled a job for their own purpose not because everyone else leveled it.
By seiri 2011-03-16 16:19:06  
Diabolos.Mesheef said:
As for what you don't understand f me saying I am simply declaring that the people that claim that someone leveled a job for their own purpose not because everyone else leveled it.

I literally didnt understand what you were trying to say, and honestly still dont. Please use grammar check..

Diabolos.Mesheef said:
I full well know the capabilities of smn, was my first 75 job and I was soloing things at 75 that nobody could fathom the concept of soloing. The ability t buff pt, debuff mobs, nuke, tank DD everything that smn has I know all too well... Took me 2 years soloing to go from 1-75 fully merit smn.

If you've done it, someone else has done it. Especially as far as solo goes. There really is nothing new under the sun. Also 2 years to solo a job to 75 and full merits is pretty slow, especially on a job that can solo fairly quickly if you use the right methods.
 Lakshmi.Pvtcaf
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Pvtcaf
By Lakshmi.Pvtcaf 2011-03-16 16:41:19  
Thanks to the people people who actually gave a repy, and aren't here to just hate on Pld. I'll definatley try some of those combos out.

Like most, I have other jobs for more "serious" situations. But Pld is still my favorite and main job. We pay to have fun, and Pld is fun. It can still go solo azure/pearl/amber lights for stuff like dark ring farming fairly easy. And do alot more if equipped/played correctly.
But not here to argue.

Kinda curious if anyones tried:
Atma of Luminous Wings - Subtle Blow Superior / Enm -Sup / Occ. Obsorbs
Phys Dmg.
Atma of Aquatic Ardor - Occ. Obsorbs Phys Dmg / Occ. Obsorbs Magic Dmg.

Atma of the Demonic Skewer - Str. Minor / TP bonus Mino /
Occ. Annuls Phys Dmg
Those stacked with Pld Af3+2. Might have a decent proc rate? Just a thought.
By seiri 2011-03-16 16:47:09  
Lakshmi.Pvtcaf said:
Thanks to the people people who actually gave a repy, and aren't here to just hate on Pld. I'll definatley try some of those combos out.

Like most, I have other jobs for more "serious" situations. But Pld is still my favorite and main job. We pay to have fun, and Pld is fun. It can still go solo azure/pearl/amber lights for stuff like dark ring farming fairly easy. And do alot more if equipped/played correctly.
But not here to argue.

Kinda curious if anyones tried:
Atma of Luminous Wings - Subtle Blow Superior / Enm -Sup / Occ. Obsorbs
Phys Dmg.
Atma of Aquatic Ardor - Occ. Obsorbs Phys Dmg / Occ. Obsorbs Magic Dmg.

Atma of the Demonic Skewer - Str. Minor / TP bonus Mino /
Occ. Annuls Phys Dmg
Those stacked with Pld Af3+2. Might have a decent proc rate? Just a thought.

From small testings i've seen, the proc rate on those is no higher than 10%, so a direct -dmg atma may surpass them. Also i dont believe they 'stack' with af3 as such, but work in parralel.

Atma of the zenith and atma of the earth wyrm would be interesting ones to try out, with full pld af3+2. Cant think of a third off the top of my head.
 Leviathan.Tiptopjester
user: Tip
By Leviathan.Tiptopjester 2011-03-16 16:47:23  
Lakshmi.Pvtcaf said:
Thanks to the people people who actually gave a repy, and aren't here to just hate on Pld. I'll definatley try some of those combos out. Like most, I have other jobs for more "serious" situations. But Pld is still my favorite and main job. We pay to have fun, and Pld is fun. It can still go solo azure/pearl/amber lights for stuff like dark ring farming fairly easy. And do alot more if equipped/played correctly. But not here to argue. Kinda curious if anyones tried: Atma of Luminous Wings - Subtle Blow Superior / Enm -Sup / Occ. Obsorbs Phys Dmg. Atma of Aquatic Ardor - Occ. Obsorbs Phys Dmg / Occ. Obsorbs Magic Dmg. Atma of the Demonic Skewer - Str. Minor / TP bonus Mino / Occ. Annuls Phys Dmg Those stacked with Pld Af3+2. Might have a decent proc rate? Just a thought.

Used Aquatic ardor with 4/5 +2af kinda nice when u get a 400+ or w/e crit hit back for hp or get hit and u get a "blah blah recovers 0 hp"lol but on the whole I wouldnt use those atmas unless i'm testing or skilling. Reason being even with af3+2 proc rate is really iffy. Cant wait till I finially +2 the hands and pray proc rate goes up more. If/when game goes back will def try out more solo type or rather defensive atmas on pld.
 Diabolos.Mesheef
By Diabolos.Mesheef 2011-03-16 16:50:27  
seiri said:

If you've done it, someone else has done it. Especially as far as solo goes. There really is nothing new under the sun. Also 2 years to solo a job to 75 and full merits is pretty slow, especially on a job that can solo fairly quickly if you use the right methods.

Yeah was first job only had carby up til like lvl 55 didn't know anything about the game cause I didn't talk to anyone. Lastly didn't really have the time to spend on the game.

Once I hit 75 full merit though I kinda went on a massive level spree and got 3 jobs up to 75 in about a month and a half.
By seiri 2011-03-16 16:54:24  
Diabolos.Mesheef said:
seiri said:

Yeah was first job only had carby up til like lvl 55 didn't know anything about the game cause I didn't talk to anyone. Lastly didn't really have the time to spend on the game.

Once I hit 75 full merit though I kinda went on a massive level spree and got 3 jobs up to 75 in about a month and a half.

Eww yeh, carby solo is a pain in the *** for sure. Not talking to anyone was likely an error tho, as you will pick up tips and tricks from others you wouldnt consider yourself.
 Leviathan.Thornyy
user: Eriuddo
By Leviathan.Thornyy 2011-03-16 17:09:37  
It's been said, but use GH/RR/Apoc or dark depths or voracious violet. Pretend to be a DD, stop worrying about your shield blocks, stop worrying about def/pdt/refresh, stop wasting time casting cure 4. You don't have any native traits to help out, but you can still keep up with lesser DD like SAM and DRK.

PLD is more useful than SMN as an independant job(it's subpar compared to real DD, but it'll still beat SMN easily enough), but there's 0 reason to have it leveled if you have proper DD so SMN is more useful as an addition to a jobset. Before abyssea, PLD was better in both ways than SMN(At 75, atonement was an extremely powerful WS if you're not getting attack buffs.. mp wasn't unlimited, etc. It was a reasonable tradeoff depending how many people you had and what you were fighting.). BST/PUP/SCH are the jobs really getting screwed, they don't even have any unique procs.. PLDs just have a bigger stigma. PUP/SCH/BST are out there trying to convince people they can keep up, doing their best, not as good as the other DD but trying and validating their party spots. PLDs are on the forums whining their job went from staple to garbage, despite still being better off than them.
[+]
By seiri 2011-03-16 17:28:19  
Leviathan.Thornyy said:
It's been said, but use GH/RR/Apoc or dark depths or voracious violet. Pretend to be a DD, stop worrying about your shield blocks, stop worrying about def/pdt/refresh, stop wasting time casting cure 4. You don't have any native traits to help out, but you can still keep up with lesser DD like SAM and DRK.

PLD is more useful than SMN as an independant job(it's subpar compared to real DD, but it'll still beat SMN easily enough), but there's 0 reason to have it leveled if you have proper DD so SMN is more useful as an addition to a jobset. Before abyssea, PLD was better in both ways than SMN(At 75, atonement was an extremely powerful WS if you're not getting attack buffs.. mp wasn't unlimited, etc. It was a reasonable tradeoff depending how many people you had and what you were fighting.). BST/PUP/SCH are the jobs really getting screwed, they don't even have any unique procs.. PLDs just have a bigger stigma. PUP/SCH/BST are out there trying to convince people they can keep up, doing their best, not as good as the other DD but trying and validating their party spots. PLDs are on the forums whining their job went from staple to garbage, despite still being better off than them.

Sorry.. what? You been living under a rock or on mars or something? Solo, SMN will and always has beaten PLD in most situations. As far as an 'independant job' goes, with abys smn has no mp issues now, so its ability to function alone has sky rocketed. Also, a decent smn will out DD a good PLD very easily. The reason PLD has recieved a stigma is because its key selling point - survivability - is not an issue for MNK/NIN/ETC, but the MNK/NIN/ETC do much more dmg thn PLD, and considering they all have the same hate cap, more dmg = faster kills = no need for pld. Whereas SMN is still a generally useful job full stop.

Also, how in gods name has SCH/BST/PUP gotten screwed? You say none of the jobs have a unique proc, but nor do jobs like rdm for example. SCH makes a valid support job, as well as a solid backup healer or nuker. In situations where pure dmg is needed on a single target - no -ga/ja spells - SCH can outperform BLMs fairly comfortably due to its native job abilities (assuming comparable levels of gear). PUP is a very solid job that can do pretty much anything. Although its not as strong in most of those areas as a job dedicated to them, its versitility and sheer power make it a very strong option. I wont even start on BST, it should be blatently obvious.
 Leviathan.Thornyy
user: Eriuddo
By Leviathan.Thornyy 2011-03-16 17:38:57  
Independant Job: Merit of the job on it's own. I will much sooner bring a PLD to do something than a SMN. I'd rather have a WAR/MNK/NIN as my melee, sure, but PLD is still more useful than SMN. It's main selling point is survivability, it's damage is inferior to real DD, but it's damage is still better than that of a SMN and having hate on a real player has advantages.

Part of a Jobset(Reality): PLD is useless. SMN is an alexander-***. Neither are that great, but at least SMN has one use.

Quote:
backup healer
What's the point? The WHM can cover everything anyway, and if you did need backup you'd bring a second WHM.

Quote:
nuker
Universally inferior to melee DPS because hate is relevant for SCH when it'll never be relevant for a melee. SCH cannot outperform BLM, enmity douse alone is insurance against that. Add on that you also lose out on -ga3 and AM for procs, why bother at all? The job is garbage, aside from being entirely pointless in a group of 6 or less it remains inferior if you have more than that.

PUP is MNK-1 for all effective purposes, less procs, less survivability, less damage, less hp.

BST is only good for making people wait around while your pet solos things, which is slower than the other half dozen jobs that can do the same thing and has less proc options than all of them.
[+]
By seiri 2011-03-16 17:51:39  
Leviathan.Thornyy said:
Independant Job: Merit of the job on it's own. I will much sooner bring a PLD to do something than a SMN. I'd rather have a WAR/MNK/NIN as my melee, sure, but PLD is still more useful than SMN. It's main selling point is survivability, it's damage is inferior to real DD, but it's damage is still better than that of a SMN and having hate on a real player has advantages.

Part of a Jobset(Reality): PLD is useless. SMN is an alexander-***. Neither are that great, but at least SMN has one use.

Quote:
backup healer
What's the point? The WHM can cover everything anyway, and if you did need backup you'd bring a second WHM.

Quote:
nuker
Universally inferior to melee DPS because hate is relevant for SCH when it'll never be relevant for a melee. SCH cannot outperform BLM, enmity douse alone is insurance against that. Add on that you also lose out on -ga3 and AM for procs, why bother at all? The job is garbage, aside from being entirely pointless in a group of 6 or less it remains inferior if you have more than that.

PUP is MNK-1 for all effective purposes, less procs, less survivability, less damage, less hp.

BST is only good for making people wait around while your pet solos things, which is slower than the other half dozen jobs that can do the same thing and has less proc options than all of them.

Sweet heaven where to start.

In most situations in abys, you have only the tanks meleeing, which are usually a MNK/NIN/THF/DNC etc, or pair/trio of the above. A smn provides hateless nukes for additional dmg, as well as wards that can be very useful. An alexander ***? Seriously? What the hell do you need alexander against? Would much prefer the additional dmg from Odin over alex in almost any situation.

In a party, SCH beats WHM hands down for buffing and support aside from shellra and bar-spells. As a 'support healer' the SCH will handle buffing the party, as well as throwing cures when a single WHM cant keep up. As far as nuking goes, all you need is 1 BLM for yellow !!, after that any excess blms offer more dmg but nothing else. A SCH using ebullience and imminance can comfortably out DD a BLM due to the additional dmg from the JAs. Furthermore, a SCH can do this and retain the ability to instantly swap to a support role should the situation require. SCH also offers the best DoT dmg spells in the form of helix spells. MNK is only good for melee, PUP offers again a flexible approach and can be used in situations where kite-nuking is prefered to excess melee for example. Depending on the mob, BST can be a reliable tank job through its pet, or offer strong DD support.

Theres so much more, seriously learn what a job can do before spouting off.
[+]
 Siren.Kunimatsu
サーバ: Siren
user: Kunimatsu
By Siren.Kunimatsu 2011-03-16 17:55:07  
Leviathan.Thornyy said:
but it's damage is still better than that of a SMN

A PLD can do 4k+ damage every 45 seconds?