Atmas
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
サーバ: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2011-03-16 12:32:08  
Asura.Jaybezz said:
depends tbh mnk and nin r massive powerhouses in abyssea

i never really looked at the numbersbut at a quick glance the counter dmg on top of mnks DoT might push them ahead u no thing?

based on both jobs being maxed out with 85 or 90 emps
Ahead of a WAR/SAM with Hasso and Marches? Nah.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Porcius
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
user: Porcius
By Quetzalcoatl.Porcius 2011-03-16 12:32:26  
JAPAN IS IN CRISIS MODE AND YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT PLD?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Jaybezz
サーバ: Asura
By Asura.Jaybezz 2011-03-16 12:34:06  
Lakshmi.Hypnotizd said:
I never said NIN can out damage or out tank a MNK.

my bad i miss read what u said.

yeh nin/war is more useful than mnk/war for !!
 Siren.Kunimatsu
サーバ: Siren
user: Kunimatsu
By Siren.Kunimatsu 2011-03-16 13:39:19  
I knew without even clicking on the thread this would inevitably become a "PLD sucks" debate, better still theres also a soloing abyssea NM QQer too.

Sure, PLD isn't as useful as it used to be considered, but if someone wants to play on a job that they enjoy then who the *** are you to try tell them to quit and play another, regardless of it's "usefulness."

SMN has had to put up with that ***since day 1, I know that in most situations there's a job that fills the slot in a party better than a SMN, does it make me love and want to play the job less because it's not as "effective" as another job? no. I just do my best on it and try silence those who doubt the job by exceeding their expectations of it.

FFXI IS SRS BUSINESS, NOT A GAME!!
[+]
 Fenrir.Snick
user: Snick
By Fenrir.Snick 2011-03-16 13:49:34  
Siren.Kunimatsu said:
I knew without even clicking on the thread this would inevitably become a "PLD sucks" debate, better still theres also a soloing abyssea NM QQer too.

Sure, PLD isn't as useful as it used to be considered, but if someone wants to play on a job that they enjoy then who the *** are you to try tell them to quit and play another, regardless of it's "usefulness."

SMN has had to put up with that ***since day 1, I know that in most situations there's a job that fills the slot in a party better than a SMN, does it make me love and want to play the job less because it's not as "effective" as another job? no. I just do my best on it and try silence those who doubt the job by exceeding their expectations of it.

you are the dumbest person
[+]
 Siren.Kunimatsu
By Siren.Kunimatsu 2011-03-16 13:52:20  
Fenrir.Snick said:

How so?
[+]
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2011-03-16 13:54:38  
Why wouldn't one complain about such things if it impacts their gameplay? If SE allowed multiple copies of a NM to be up simultaneously then obviously nobody cares if the PLD/DNC/NIN/whatever in the corner is taking forever to kill Gukumatz or what have you, but right now they're doing things "their way" at everyone else's expense. If a player can bring something useful to the table on a given job then sure, knock yourself out.
 Fenrir.Snick
user: Snick
By Fenrir.Snick 2011-03-16 13:55:21  
Siren.Kunimatsu said:
Fenrir.Snick said:

How so?
I've reported your post to the administrators.

Maybe next time you'll think twice before you try to interrupt our important discussion.
[+]
By seiri 2011-03-16 13:57:22  
Siren.Kunimatsu said:

You've also made your smn very viable for most situations, through a lot of hard work. PLD these days, even when played and geared exceptionally is still rediculously situational.

However, as has been said, this thread asked a serious question and deserved serious answers, not pigassed haters. This is a game, people play what they want. Also, if you SERIOUSLY thing it takes a decent PLD 15 mins to kill guk, then you dont know any decent PLDs. As has also been said, PLD is also 1 weapon behind WAR for !! staggers, but takes dmg much better, allowing the player to taker it easier. Also, PLD gets a good sword skill, and vorpal blade can deal good dmg if geared right. Granted, it will 'never' match a VS mnk, but it IS a matter of personal preference.

Back on track to OP..
Depending on how much dmg you take, you may or may not need MM. Ambition may ofter be a better option for what you're doing, or /rdm refresh can often keep you standing.

RR is pretty much absolute, without it your dmg really will be lol worthy.

Apoc is ok, but dont rely on RR, simply dont go down - you're PLD for a reason.

VV for when you can afford to build DD a little more, defence a little less.

Zenith has use if you need heavy defence.

Just listed some common atma, if you have access to less generic atma then mix and match as you like.
[+]
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2011-03-16 13:59:26  
If you're using Apoc for the RR on PLD, you're doing it wrong. 15% TA is beautiful for your DPS. I'd strongly encourage RR/GH/Apoc in most situations provided you don't need a refresh atma... Vorpal's STR mod combined with PLD's frequent JA delay may give VV a place though.
 Siren.Kunimatsu
By Siren.Kunimatsu 2011-03-16 14:00:50  
I can understand where people are coming from over a job taking a long time to solo something, but my point was more towards the generalised "PLD sucks why play it at all" attitude, such as an LS or a group of friends having someone come PLD to something, suck because they aren't conforming to how everyone else does things nowadays.

Argument over jobs soloing NMs has been done to death already, but there isn't really anything you can do if someone plans on soloing the NM you're after.
 Siren.Kunimatsu
By Siren.Kunimatsu 2011-03-16 14:01:30  
Fenrir.Snick said:
Siren.Kunimatsu said:
Fenrir.Snick said:

How so?
I've reported your post to the administrators.

Maybe next time you'll think twice before you try to interrupt our important discussion.

You dun hurt my feelers :(
 Leviathan.Niniann
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Ninian
By Leviathan.Niniann 2011-03-16 14:02:35  
Siren.Kunimatsu said:

I think you missed the memo where SMN was the best answer to a lot of situations where you don't want to feed TP(still is except those situations really don't exist anymore). It's still a useful buffing job, Ifrit's DA/Enfire is actually pretty *** sexy. Also Perfect Defense, etc.

What does PLD have over other jobs...?
 Fenrir.Captaincrunch
By Fenrir.Captaincrunch 2011-03-16 14:07:18  
It can hold hate bett- OH WAIT

It can take less dama- WAIT A MINUTE
[+]
 Siren.Kunimatsu
By Siren.Kunimatsu 2011-03-16 14:08:30  
Having a SMN keep ifrit up just for DA/enfire usually won't beat having another DD instead of the buffing SMN, or having the SMN not use favor and dealing damage themselves, for the hateless dmg that doesn't feed TP as you were saying would be better.

Keeping enfire up drops the potency of the DA favor to half everytime you execute the ward too.

Edited: I made it sound like I was saying the smn DDing was worse than another DD <.<
[+]
 Unicorn.Leoheart
サーバ: Unicorn
user: Leoheart
By Unicorn.Leoheart 2011-03-16 14:09:52  
Leviathan.Niniann said:
Siren.Kunimatsu said:

I think you missed the memo where SMN was the best answer to a lot of situations where you don't want to feed TP(still is except those situations really don't exist anymore). It's still a useful buffing job, Ifrit's DA/Enfire is actually pretty *** sexy. Also Perfect Defense, etc.

PLD has pure white armour :/
[+]
By seiri 2011-03-16 14:24:04  
Leviathan.Niniann said:
Siren.Kunimatsu said:

In some cases, PLD tanking can make an otherwise annoying/difficult mob much more managable. Tbh the only example that comes to mind is a non-brew rani but still, its a situation.

Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
If you're using Apoc for the RR on PLD, you're doing it wrong. 15% TA is beautiful for your DPS. I'd strongly encourage RR/GH/Apoc in most situations provided you don't need a refresh atma... Vorpal's STR mod combined with PLD's frequent JA delay may give VV a place though.

Seen the testing, the boosts from VV will usually outweigh the 20% crit rate from GH assuming you cap dDEX and have RR. Dead right bout apoc tho.

Siren.Kunimatsu said:
Having a SMN keep ifrit up just for DA/enfire usually won't beat having another DD instead of the buffing SMN, or having the SMN not use favor and dealing damage themselves, for the hateless dmg that doesn't feed TP as you were saying would be better.

Keeping enfire up drops the potency of the DA favor to half everytime you execute the ward too.

Edited: I made it sound like I was saying the smn DDing was worse than another DD <.<

This, basically if dmg boosts is what you want, a COR will do the job and assist in other ways as well, either as a support job with mage sub, or a DD with varying subs.
[+]
By seiri 2011-03-16 14:30:08  
Leviathan.Niniann said:
Siren.Kunimatsu said:

You missed the part where smn can deal dmg in excess of good BLMs if geared for it, especially with how easy it is to cap -BP delay now.
[+]
By haya 2011-03-16 14:36:30  
For LS events I generally use RR, Apoc., and Sanguine Scythe. For solo I generally use RR, VV and Apoc. but as with everything in FFXI it is situational. Those are just the most common atmas I usually throw on.

P.S. My LS still uses pld tank for most all NMs and there isn't a NM in the game we can't beat.
[+]
 Bahamut.Zorander
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Zor
By Bahamut.Zorander 2011-03-16 14:42:20  
haya said:
For LS events I generally use RR, Apoc., and Sanguine Scythe. For solo I generally use RR, VV and Apoc. but as with everything in FFXI it is situational. Those are just the most common atmas I usually throw on. P.S. My LS still uses pld tank for most all NMs and there isn't a NM in the game we can't beat.
Oh boy..incoming stuff about fail linkshell and what not.

FAIL LINKSHELL!
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2011-03-16 14:42:39  
seiri said:
You missed the part where smn can deal dmg in excess of good BLMs if geared for it, especially with how easy it is to cap -BP delay now.
What?

haya said:
My LS still uses pld tank for most all NMs and there isn't a NM in the game we can't beat.
I don't think whether or not it's possible to get a win using a PLD was in question.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2011-03-16 14:43:09  
Bahamut.Zorander said:
haya said:
For LS events I generally use RR, Apoc., and Sanguine Scythe. For solo I generally use RR, VV and Apoc. but as with everything in FFXI it is situational. Those are just the most common atmas I usually throw on. P.S. My LS still uses pld tank for most all NMs and there isn't a NM in the game we can't beat.
Oh boy..incoming stuff about fail linkshell and what not.

FAIL LINKSHELL!
more like incoming stuff about Sattva amirite
 Sylph.Liltrouble
サーバ: Sylph
By Sylph.Liltrouble 2011-03-16 14:43:26  
there are no more atmas, no more pld's, no more Abyssea. Haven't you heard? ffxi is dead. Time to go old school...
 Leviathan.Niniann
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Ninian
By Leviathan.Niniann 2011-03-16 14:46:22  
Siren.Kunimatsu said:

Pretty sure my point was saying that SMN isn't useless(and more useful than PLD), not that it's better than bringing another job.

seiri said:

I'd like to have whatever crack you're smoking~
 Bahamut.Zorander
By Bahamut.Zorander 2011-03-16 14:48:14  
Sure you could drive around the race car track in a Yugo but you'd be much better off with any number of race cars.

Yugo = Pld
Race Car = Mnk Sam War Nin in any order.
[+]
 Bahamut.Zorander
By Bahamut.Zorander 2011-03-16 14:49:46  
Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
Bahamut.Zorander said:
haya said:
Oh boy..incoming stuff about fail linkshell and what not. FAIL LINKSHELL!
more like incoming stuff about Sattva amirite
What's a Sattv...oshi really?
 Cerberus.Quintow
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Quintow
By Cerberus.Quintow 2011-03-16 14:52:45  
Why do people even bother to post "x job or gtfo" in a topic like this? First of all, this is the *** pld forum so this is obviously about pld. In a topic about pld atmas do you think the OP is looking for suggestions like "job change to mnk nin smn etc"? Do you? Use your brain and think about what the OP is looking for, hint, its not 'job change'. Your wasting your and other peoples time typing stupid ***. Maybe you dont care, well we dont either mr. Genius. Theres 20 jobs in this game, anyone can 0mg play any of the 20 in whatever way they see fit. Does it mean people will always choose to play the best job in your eyes for whatever-the-*** someone else in talking about or wanting to do/currently doing? No. Also, about the lolGukumatz drama. If you find someone else killing an nm 'slower than 'acceptable' in your eyes, heres your options people: a.) Shut the *** up and watch b.) Shut the *** up and go do something else c.) Now heres the one people don't often think of - ask the person if you can help whack it to death, to kill it faster! And if they say no to that option or offer you a rude response, cross your fingers and hope they wipe miserably.
[+]
By haya 2011-03-16 14:54:52  
Loquac. Earring on war/sam what?
By seiri 2011-03-16 14:55:01  
Leviathan.Niniann said:
Siren.Kunimatsu said:

Pretty sure my point was saying that SMN isn't useless(and more useful than PLD), not that it's better than bringing another job.

seiri said:

I'd like to have whatever crack you're smoking~

Lolz, think i miswrote that a lil~. Was talking single nuke vs single BP, not on the whole. Kunimatsu regularly outnukes the BLMs in our ls on a single nuke, and we have a couple of decent~good BLMs.

Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
seiri said:
What?

Yeh..as above.