Random Thoughts.....What Are You Thinking?

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » Everything Else » Undead » Random Thoughts.....What are you thinking?
Random Thoughts.....What are you thinking?
First Page 2 3 ... 19434 19435 19436 ... 22572 22573 22574
Forum Moderator
サーバ: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: AnnaMolly
By Anna Ruthven 2016-05-31 16:34:34  
Candlejack said: »
Anna Ruthven said: »
Valefor.Endoq said: »
Seems that Halo's "Cortana" is on my PC now that the virus spyware "windows 10" has infected my computer... I keep asking Cortana to kill herself a long with the virus she came with but so far it wont obey my order to self terminate :/
My mom's computer updated itself earlier. Is that a thing now?
Unfortunately if you haven't yet, yes. It's a thing. I don't even *** use Cortana, refuse to browse with Micro$hit's browsers...
Do you lose all of your data when it upgrades?

I don't want to lose all my Oblivion ***if it decides to upgrade.
 Asura.Vyre
Forum Moderator
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Vyrerus
By Asura.Vyre 2016-05-31 16:35:51  
BEST. MS FIGHT. EVER.
YouTube Video Placeholder
I WANNA LIVE!

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
[+]
MSPaint Winner
By Ohji Lunartail 2016-05-31 16:39:36  
got my sketch from soranamae the other day. so finished soon ;x
Forum Moderator
By Anna Ruthven 2016-05-31 16:40:12  
Seems that Halo's "Cortana" is on my PC now that the virus spyware "windows 10" has infected my computer... I keep asking Cortana to kill herself a long with the virus she came with but so far it wont obey my order to self terminate :/
Unfortunately if you haven't yet, yes. It's a thing. I don't even *** use Cortana, refuse to browse with Micro$hit's browsers...

Nah, though some drivers might not work.
Drivers for like...what?
MSPaint Winner
By Ohji Lunartail 2016-05-31 16:42:32  

Drivers for like...what?
alot of stuff. been reports of pcs basicly becoming useless due to it
[+]
 Bahamut.Rulerofdarkness
サーバ: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Rulerofdarkness 2016-05-31 16:44:07  
Can't you people just turn off automatic updates and do them manually?

That way you can select the updates you want and ignore the ones you don't want easily without worry of it upgrading itself.

At the moment, I even have the windows update process set to not even start with windows. If I want to use windows update at all I have to go into services.msc and start it manually before windows update itself will run.

Did this because I got tired of the windows update process occasionally using up 100+mb of memory for no reason even when the program itself wasn't running.
[+]
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
サーバ: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2016-05-31 16:49:14  
Ohji Lunartail said: »

Drivers for like...what?
alot of stuff. been reports of pcs basicly becoming useless due to it

maybe if the person using the PC is 90 years old and doesnt know "how to go to the internets" or something. drivers aren't hard to install and windows 10 is more than competent at getting basic things like ethernet and graphics running without user interference until you download and install windows 10 versions of whatever drivers need updating
Forum Moderator
By Anna Ruthven 2016-05-31 16:51:48  
I'm not sure if I should upgrade or avoid it. My computer is kinda old.
[+]

Post deleted by User.

Post deleted by User.
MSPaint Winner
user: Leonkasai
By Leon Kasai 2016-05-31 16:53:17  
Sylph.Shadowlina said: »
Leon Kasai said: »
It took six tournaments, but it finally happened!
I finally got a DB Saga SSR!And then right afterwards I pulled the only new SR added to the pool too!

And Brave Exvius gave me 2 Heaven's Ash from one colosseum battle earlier too. This is starting to make up for the Bleachpocalypse earlier.
Lol Im getting angry just over not getting sacred crystal drops in Vortex. Feels bad man.
Vortex is annoying. Everyone always has ***drop rates on the one thing they want, but it's never the same thing between people. >_>;
Needs some kind of trading system.
 Bahamut.Rulerofdarkness
By Bahamut.Rulerofdarkness 2016-05-31 16:54:18  
You could have previously, but then M$ changed it's designation to "recommended".

Which is why you select the updates you want manually and don't just select all of the "recommended". Even past that, you can "hide" an update to where the recommended list will ignore it. Simply look up which update is which and hide it.
By Jetackuu 2016-05-31 16:55:32  
Bahamut.Rulerofdarkness said: »
Can't you people just turn off automatic updates and do them manually?

That way you can select the updates you want and ignore the ones you don't want easily without worry of it upgrading itself.

At the moment, I even have the windows update process set to not even start with windows. If I want to use windows update at all I have to go into services.msc and start it manually before windows update itself will run.

Did this because I got tired of the windows update process occasionally using up 100+mb of memory for no reason even when the program itself wasn't running.
You could have previously, but then M$ changed it's designation to "recommended".
That really doesn't change that functionality at all.

You could always just remove and hide KB3035583 and call it a day though.
By Jetackuu 2016-05-31 16:56:51  
If you're really paranoid you could always change the settings on the gwx folder and rip it of it's rights.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2016-05-31 16:57:24  

How old? Windows 10 has less overhead than any other widely used/mainstream OS out there sans a well modified windows 7 (which most people don't go through the trouble of doing). Unless you're running something from 2006 you should be fine. Biggest drawback to upgrading to 10 is it's a pain to set it up at first (turning off the privacy things that everyone is huttburt about). Other than that it's pretty smooth sailings.
Forum Moderator
By Anna Ruthven 2016-05-31 16:59:10  
Valefor.Prothescar said: »

How old? Windows 10 has less overhead than any other widely used/mainstream OS out there sans a well modified windows 7 (which most people don't go through the trouble of doing). Unless you're running something from 2006 you should be fine. Biggest drawback to upgrading to 10 is it's a pain to set it up at first (turning off the privacy things that everyone is huttburt about). Other than that it's pretty smooth sailings.
I think I bought this thing in like 2010 or 2011.

Well, Tetra Master, which I've never clicked since it was installed on my PC says "Last Accessed: 1/10/2011" so 2011, I guess.
By Jetackuu 2016-05-31 16:59:15  
Main 2 things about it:

ui is stupid looking

can't change your update settings.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2016-05-31 17:01:04  
there's ways around the update settings issue. outside of getting Pro which gives you access to all the usual options that were stripped from Home for no reason you can just use some troubleshooter tools (show/hide specifically) to hide updates from windows. it's what i do to prevent it from *** with my graphics driver and such.

UI has grown on me, would prefer being able to turn off tileview on start menu entirely but it isn't too intrusive. WIn+X gets me anywhere I need to go most of the time anyway.

Post deleted by User.
By Jetackuu 2016-05-31 17:02:20  
there's ways around the update settings issue. outside of getting Pro which gives you access to all the usual options that were stripped from Home for no reason you can just use some troubleshooter tools (show/hide specifically) to hide updates from windows. it's what i do to prevent it from *** with my graphics driver and such.

They're not even there in pro, have to use GPO or regedit to change it properly.
 Bahamut.Rulerofdarkness
By Bahamut.Rulerofdarkness 2016-05-31 17:03:04  
People still get Home editions of Windows????

I think I'm gonna be sick.
[+]
By Jetackuu 2016-05-31 17:04:29  
Bahamut.Rulerofdarkness said: »
People still get Home editions of Windows????

I think I'm gonna be sick.
Indeed, as it is the standard. I mean it doesn't affect me (short of when people ask me to touch their ***).

Oh you can put it on "metered" mode if it's on a wireless connection (not wired).
Forum Moderator
By Anna Ruthven 2016-05-31 17:05:56  
Wow, I actually installed that 10 days after it was discontinued.

Story: Was working in Texas, back for Christmas, got up early, went to Best Buy and bought this laptop, FFXI (with expansions), and a controller, went home, got backed up and headed back down to our hotel room.
By Jetackuu 2016-05-31 17:06:42  

Story: Was working in Texas, back for Christmas, got up early, went to Best Buy and bought this laptop, FFXI (with expansions), and a controller, went home, got backed up and headed back down to our hotel room.
Install what? Windows?
 Bahamut.Rulerofdarkness
By Bahamut.Rulerofdarkness 2016-05-31 17:07:13  
I haven't even seen a home edition of anything since around the times of Windows XP.

Dropped that *** in a heartbeat back in the day. Stupidest idea ever to not allow home edition to join a domain.
[+]
Forum Moderator
By Anna Ruthven 2016-05-31 17:09:01  
Jetackuu said: »

Install what? Windows?
FFXI, I swapped from PS2 to PC mainly because I was working out of town and had after work hours and weekends with nothing to do. Tetra Master came with it.
By Jetackuu 2016-05-31 17:14:33  
UI has grown on me, would prefer being able to turn off tileview on start menu entirely but it isn't too intrusive.

I mean I use classic shell but even then, I am really not a fan of the 8/2013 etc look of flat tiles and ***, it's fugly.
Forum Moderator
By Anna Ruthven 2016-05-31 17:19:29  
Started the update because *** it.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 19434 19435 19436 ... 22572 22573 22574