言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Beast Master » BST solos
BST solos
First Page 2 3 ... 8 9 10 ... 28 29 30
By Starkzz 2011-08-04 18:01:38  
The struggle with the fight is killing it before your first Dipper depops, with all the sleep capabilities Vrtra has to his arsenal, he can seriously drag out the fight. That and his natural regen which is a fair rate. So in conclusion, if your first Dipper depops (120mins FROM callbeast), or dies the fight is over if your solo. I was fairly lucky on solo, he didn't spam sleep as much as he can and my dipper is fairly evasive w/ two +20 EVA trial axes, thus I could afford to use reward to just wake my dipper up after sleep.
 Fenrir.Fearforever
サーバ: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
By Fenrir.Fearforever 2011-08-04 18:17:28  
Does Vrtra even drop anything worth the trouble?
By Starkzz 2011-08-04 18:26:11  
Depending your servers price for cashmere cloth, it's a guranteed w/e the price of the cloth is. On my server, can sell a cashmere cloth for 4-5m, so for me, Vrtra is a guranteed 4-5m. Then he can drop a wyrm horn, that's jumped in price now due to alcide harness, tis about 600k a horn here. You can only get a cloth outta Vrtra if you aren't lazy tho however, as it only drops all the mats required for the cloth, doesn't phyically drop the cloth. But that being said, naturally, the mats for the cloth will fetch a nice price.
 Odin.Ceas
サーバ: Odin
user: Ceas
By Odin.Ceas 2011-08-04 18:30:28  
Erm Cashmere? Wyrm Horn? ... -> ($.$)

I'll give it a try tomorrow - need to craft a few Dawn Mulsum just incase..
By Starkzz 2011-08-04 18:44:03  
Looking up some posts noticed you said you solo'd the ks99 behemoth, I must say I'm impressed, tho to be fair, I didn't use these mulsums and used zeta biscuits. With those 2.9k rewards I can see it being possible, tho was meteors not reaching the point where they wud one-shot? they were starting to really sqaush my dipper.
 Odin.Ceas
user: Ceas
By Odin.Ceas 2011-08-04 19:02:10  
Don't use Dipper on this Behe - it has not much HP and melee hits of this Behe aren't that hard with a good pdt build. Sheep is awesome against it! Much more HP, more powerful hits,... Meteors were weak - around 600 dmg and 2 or 3 times ~ 1,1k.
Started with Rewards but got hit by meteor everytime so I trusted in Dawn Mulsum. Wanna try Tiamat soon lol - 160 Dawn Mulsum and maybe a mule with a few more close to his pop areal. No timers and you can use it from everywhere - I know Tiamat isn't hard and you can kill him with a party of BST without Dawn Mulsum but a solo would be awesome (Gaiters coooomee to meee! lol).

I'm not sure, but I think Nazuna has a fire resist on it or sth like that. Killed a few Shoggoth and other NMs/normal Mobs and every fire spell was weak on the sheep compared to Dipper. Dipper is awesome for Fafnir and Wind/Earth Mobs - test it on Cerberus with Spikes - killed him with Sheep and with Dipper - Dipper takes more dmg. Further testing needed maybe just luck ^^;
By Starkzz 2011-08-04 19:20:17  
Not sure if Tiamat can be solod yet, obvs her fire air attacks are very consistant + gaIII, fiery blast but that's not really the main issue with Tia. With Tia, It'd be the innate potent atk boost she recieves at 25% HP combined with MS every time she lands from flight,
NN wont evade much and will likely get squashed fast. Lowmanned Tia recently w/ few friends me on RDM/NIN, below 25% she caught me buffing with her atk boost up and MS, she DA'd and put me in red staight from full HP + SS. So yeah, at that point shes a fkin truck. But then again, can get a nice PDT-set, but still, idk, I'd doubt it would be a win solo.
 Quetzalcoatl.Sophocles
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
user: Sophocles
By Quetzalcoatl.Sophocles 2011-08-06 14:27:36  
I have soloed:
- Fistule
- Rashovnik
- Turul
- Carabosse
- Hadyahosh
- Ovni
- Myrmecolon
- Minhocao
- Ironclad Cleaver
- Itzpapalotl
- Svarbhanu
- Amhuluk
- Cirein-Crion
- Ironclad Severer
- Ironclad Pulverizer
- Durinn
- Ironclad Executioner
- Hrossvalhur
- Iktomi
- Sedna
- Ketea
- Ouzelum
- Bennu
- Battlerigged Chariot
- Koios
- Ironclad Smiter
- Tablilia
- Sharabha
- Ironclad Sunderer
- Jaculus
- Minaruja
- Teekesselchen
- Gamayun
- Chione
- Blanga
- Veri Selen
- Jailer of Faith

There are other NMs that I have soloed, but I have not listed them here because it is like usually the easier seal NMs. There are a lot of NMs that BST can kill as long as you apply yourself, do your research, use strategy, and are patient. There are some NMs that BST cannot solo due to circumstances such as Briareus, Sobek, or Bukhis. There are reasons we can't, HP down is bad for pets!
 Phoenix.Krebons
サーバ: Phoenix
user: Krebons
By Phoenix.Krebons 2011-08-08 00:49:54  
Quetzalcoatl.Sophocles said:
I have soloed:
- Fistule
- Rashovnik
- Turul
- Carabosse
- Hadyahosh
- Ovni
- Myrmecolon
- Minhocao
- Ironclad Cleaver
- Itzpapalotl
- Svarbhanu
- Amhuluk
- Cirein-Crion
- Ironclad Severer
- Ironclad Pulverizer
- Durinn
- Ironclad Executioner
- Hrossvalhur
- Iktomi
- Sedna
- Ketea
- Ouzelum
- Bennu
- Battlerigged Chariot
- Koios
- Ironclad Smiter
- Tablilia
- Sharabha
- Ironclad Sunderer
- Jaculus
- Minaruja
- Teekesselchen
- Gamayun
- Chione
- Blanga
- Veri Selen
- Jailer of Faith

There are other NMs that I have soloed, but I have not listed them here because it is like usually the easier seal NMs. There are a lot of NMs that BST can kill as long as you apply yourself, do your research, use strategy, and are patient. There are some NMs that BST cannot solo due to circumstances such as Briareus, Sobek, or Bukhis. There are reasons we can't, HP down is bad for pets!

Question is how many were pre DG and Post DG patch >.>
[+]
 Fenrir.Gundulagause
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Gundula
By Fenrir.Gundulagause 2011-08-08 06:43:11  
Phoenix.Krebons said:
I have soloed:
- Fistule
- Rashovnik
- Turul
- Carabosse
- Hadyahosh
- Ovni
- Myrmecolon
- Minhocao
- Ironclad Cleaver
- Itzpapalotl
- Svarbhanu
- Amhuluk
- Cirein-Crion
- Ironclad Severer
- Ironclad Pulverizer
- Durinn
- Ironclad Executioner
- Hrossvalhur
- Iktomi
- Sedna
- Ketea
- Ouzelum
- Bennu
- Battlerigged Chariot
- Koios
- Ironclad Smiter
- Tablilia
- Sharabha
- Ironclad Sunderer
- Jaculus
- Minaruja
- Teekesselchen
- Gamayun
- Chione
- Blanga
- Veri Selen
- Jailer of Faith

People who think the DG patch changed much do not play BST solo quite often.

Nothing has changed, really. I just use Regen atma now instead of zenith. Each and every NM i could solo before patch i can still solo w/o much difference.
[+]
 Phoenix.Krebons
user: Krebons
By Phoenix.Krebons 2011-08-08 08:08:53  
Fenrir.Gundulagause said:
Phoenix.Krebons said:
I have soloed:
- Fistule
- Rashovnik
- Turul
- Carabosse
- Hadyahosh
- Ovni
- Myrmecolon
- Minhocao
- Ironclad Cleaver
- Itzpapalotl
- Svarbhanu
- Amhuluk
- Cirein-Crion
- Ironclad Severer
- Ironclad Pulverizer
- Durinn
- Ironclad Executioner
- Hrossvalhur
- Iktomi
- Sedna
- Ketea
- Ouzelum
- Bennu
- Battlerigged Chariot
- Koios
- Ironclad Smiter
- Tablilia
- Sharabha
- Ironclad Sunderer
- Jaculus
- Minaruja
- Teekesselchen
- Gamayun
- Chione
- Blanga
- Veri Selen
- Jailer of Faith

People who think the DG patch changed much do not play BST solo quite often.

Nothing has changed, really. I just use Regen atma now instead of zenith. Each and every NM i could solo before patch i can still solo w/o much difference.

If I knew how to just quote you I would. Apparently, you didn't get the fact that I am as well a career beast.... I do this on a daily basis, and get away with some stuff I shouldn't be getting away with.. I was just curious and asking a question.. Because we all know now to use DG MC (optional atma here)

Ninja Edit: And with as much soloing as I do on my dnc as well.. I'm pretty sure I know what I'm doing vs what ^^
 Bahamut.Sakurawr
サーバ: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Sakurawr 2011-08-08 12:30:06  
Odin.Ceas said:
I soloed "Horns of War" a few hours ago on BST/NIN for a friend.
Used a decent Reward set, pdt-10% axes, af3+2 legs etc

Used ~ 8 Eta Biscuits and 9 or 10 Dawn Mulsum. Always Meteor when I ran in for reward so I used Dawn Mulsum for awesom 2,9k Cures from 45' distance. I used only 1 Nursery Nazuna, fight lasted 24 min but super easy. Having Cooking 100+ makes this fight very cheap - maybe 25k for everything (farmed white honey and apkallu eggs on my own).

Don't wait for Call Beast timer - spawn NN - get her on Behe and use reward/dawn mulsum at will. Meteors did ~600 dmg to NN - 2 Meteors hit her for 1,1k dmg.

Can be a bit risky if you ran in and get hit by a meteor but rest up and use dawn mulsum instead.

If you only use Dawn Mulsum - stay 40' away use it from time to time and relax. Got Tongue, PI for NQ Behe and some NPC stuff.
When I did it for someone (wasn't complete solo) Yuly made that Behe look like a complete joke. Meteor never did in excess of 1.1k except mainly for suicide meteor, I wasn't in range for it to see damage, but Yuly didn't die.
I sat at 25' and ran from Meteor, only got hit once due to aoe stun prior to it.
 Cerberus.Tikal
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Tikal
By Cerberus.Tikal 2011-08-08 12:43:00  
For the Behemoth KS99, which Axes did you guys use? PDT, Eva and/or M.def?
 Lakshmi.Emanuelle
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Minipie
By Lakshmi.Emanuelle 2011-08-08 13:01:03  
- alfard
- turul
- carabosse
- sedna
- all ironclads (soloable by all bsts)
- indrik
- Orthrus
- Itzpapalotl
- all zms missions
- all pms missions (not the pot one)
- jailer of temprace
- jailer of faith
- bennu
- katea
- lusca
- yaanei

and a lot more too lazy to type
 Quetzalcoatl.Sophocles
By Quetzalcoatl.Sophocles 2011-08-08 13:08:26  
I thought this was a topic where we listed our achievements and discussed in order to learn new methods and ways we can improve our soloing.

The list is ALL post-patch. I use Atma of the Ducal Guard, Atma of the Mounted Champion, and a third atma that is situational. If I do not need an extra atma to make my soloing easier, then I use Atma of the Razed Ruins. I have all of the +100 elemental resist atmas, so I use them if the NM warrants it. For example, on Hrossvalhur and Sedna I would use Atma of the Lake Lurker with Fatso Fargann to improve my water defense. Sometimes, I might use Atma of the Viccistude to make my regen higher if the NM hits a little hard.

The pet I use can be situational for me. If I do not need to worry about the pet, I use my LuckyLulush since it is a reliable Damage Dealer. On Battlerigged Chariot for example, I used the Raptor because he has a natural fire resist which would make the fight easier. On Amhuluk, I would use DipperYuly due to his wind resist. And for Sedna I would use FatsoFargann.

I wonder though, can Alfard or Ironclad Trituator can be soloed post-patch though.
 Cerberus.Valmur
user: Valmur
By Cerberus.Valmur 2011-08-08 13:13:04  
Yea alfard can be done np just takes awhile.
 Lakshmi.Emanuelle
By Lakshmi.Emanuelle 2011-08-08 13:14:00  
you need ducal guard, double evasion axes,eva atma, razed ruins for alfard +dipper yul, and switch to double pdt axes periodically for Serpentine Tail , can be done with just pdt axes but serpentine tail can be annoying by replacing the eva atma for regen , anwing helm with pet regen bonus helps a lot, i honestly think that putting atk+15 instead regen of pet it's a big waste
 Lakshmi.Emanuelle
By Lakshmi.Emanuelle 2011-08-08 13:20:05  
alfard is a joke now with the new spamable food
 Quetzalcoatl.Sophocles
By Quetzalcoatl.Sophocles 2011-08-08 13:59:06  
Somebody a few posts above said all the Ironclads can be soloed by BST. The Trituator in Abyssesa - Ulegeurand, I heard from my BST LS, is not soloable by BST. But I'm open to finding out how it can be done.
 Cerberus.Tikal
user: Tikal
By Cerberus.Tikal 2011-08-08 14:04:48  
I see no way a BST can kill Trit. That thing is just nasty.
 Cerberus.Maxiel
user: maxiel
By Cerberus.Maxiel 2011-08-08 17:54:40  
Lakshmi.Emanuelle said:
you need ducal guard, double evasion axes,eva atma, razed ruins for alfard +dipper yul, and switch to double pdt axes periodically for Serpentine Tail , can be done with just pdt axes but serpentine tail can be annoying by replacing the eva atma for regen , anwing helm with pet regen bonus helps a lot, i honestly think that putting atk+15 instead regen of pet it's a big waste

Pretty sure BST prefer the Haste and -10% DT over the regen. Haste helps for the DoT since you will likely use Anwig for your "Hybrid" set because it's necessary for the -87.5% DT cap. I don't even think you can get Atk+15 on the helm or Regen on the body.
 Bismarck.Guttler
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Cole
By Bismarck.Guttler 2011-08-08 19:41:53  
Mind being less cryptic about the Vrtra thing? Cause it sounds fun.
 Bismarck.Guttler
user: Cole
By Bismarck.Guttler 2011-08-08 21:23:27  
Can PM me if you want, just wondering if whatever the trick is, if it will work if I tribox my BSTs, or if it is a solo trick.
 Lakshmi.Emanuelle
By Lakshmi.Emanuelle 2011-08-08 23:29:51  
@maxel
ya im talking about the regen vs the pet atk, but im haste/damage taken 10 on my helm
 Phoenix.Knumskull
user: Knumskull
By Phoenix.Knumskull 2011-08-09 00:29:59  
Somebody a few posts above said all the Ironclads can be soloed by BST. The Trituator in Abyssesa - Ulegeurand, I heard from my BST LS, is not soloable by BST. But I'm open to finding out how it can be done.

Tried soloing it once. It whent good for a while, but then he kept spamming invincible over and over. He couldn't kill my pet but my pet where in no way able to kill him either. This was after pdt fix
 Siren.Mosin
サーバ: Siren
user: BKiddo
By Siren.Mosin 2011-08-09 17:38:48  
looking for some advice -

is a BST duo against ulhadashi(sp?) a viable idea? if so, what would be the best jug? I have mdb axes, but not much else in the way of mag. def. thanks in advance
 Bismarck.Nooblet
user: djtickle
By Bismarck.Nooblet 2011-08-10 10:37:23  
I see Amhuluk in the list, can anyone give me any tips for this?

Cheers.
 Siren.Mosin
サーバ: Siren
user: BKiddo
By Siren.Mosin 2011-08-10 10:42:46  
Bismarck.Nooblet said:
I see Amhuluk in the list, can anyone give me any tips for this? Cheers.

was amazingly simple duo. I don't think we even needed the 2nd bst. Dipperyuly, standard atmas, no trial axes when we killed
 Odin.Upbeat
user: Upbeat
By Odin.Upbeat 2011-08-10 10:45:21  
Doesn't really seem like any big trick to it, it actually looks like some of the BSTs are afk after watching the video closer. Soloing might take a little more attention.
First Page 2 3 ... 8 9 10 ... 28 29 30