Leviathan.Gotterdammerung said:
Pet: Flowerpot Merle
atma's: Ducal Guard, Mounted Champion, Gnarled Horn

bestia breeches pet SB 8
bestia mufflers pet SB 5
Adaman/armada sollerets pet SB 6
Aegis doublet (optional) pet SB 3

Flowerpot Merle Job MNK: SB IV = 20

total : 39/42 pet subtle blow and 50 AGI (agi reduces TP feed now)

DT cap 87.5%/87.5%

ducal guard 50%/50%
pdt axes x2 20%/0%
anwig 10%/10%
oner back 3%/0%
selemnus belt 0%/3%
Shepherd's chain 2%/2%
Stoutservant II 6.7%/6.7%

total 87.5%/71.7%

Been playing around with this lately. With a similar set up b4 the pdt nerf i was able to solo chloris without ever seeing a doom TP move. But that was combining the loss of tp from chloris hitting for 0. I still find it effective even now as it drastically reduces the number of WS's u see. This set up can be very helpful for NMs like Hedjedjet (his poison aura is the main threat and it only comes after he uses "Venom Breath") when reducing the frequency of TP moves can avoid nasty side effects.

some other nice sides to this set up

Counter 20%ish chance.
Regen 1 natural

Some downsides: certain forms of regain can undermine this set up.
Flowerpot merle does not resist most spells well.

All in all, definitely worth putting into ur arsenal

This is interesting, I've never even considered a SB set for pets... I have thought about a counter/pdt build for Merle though. I might have to throw this set together and try it out :O
 Phoenix.Knumskull
サーバ: Phoenix
Game: FFXI
user: Knumskull
By Phoenix.Knumskull 2011-07-04 01:45:32  
Sylph.Kollosis said:
I tried to solo Myrmecoleon as BST/DNC once when I had some extra time in Tahrongi.. It's definitely soloable, I got it to 10% before It decided to use Gravitic Horn back to back on Dipper, and Call beast wasnt up. Just the normal EVA set; x2 Guichard's axe +2, Cloak and Dagger/Razed Ruin/Mounted Champion. I threw in some Pet onry gear like Beast bazubands and DT/Haste augmented Anwig. The way the adds pop, is usually in your favor, They attack someone whose NOT at the top of the hate list, and if you're doing it right, Dipper should be at the top. The adds die rather fast from Melee swings, and in between pops i melee the NM with Dipper, maybe that's why i wiped xD

I've soloed this one a couple of times as BST/NIN, both with NN and dipper. I used DC/MC/RR and PDt axe x2/Mke hat/AFv3 legs. Dipper was much smoother, much because i've learned some stuff after the first time when i used NN. If you stay out of 30 yalm range he will not call any adds, i found this making it a lot easier since ambush would go through shadows. still 0/3 on club, got +2 items once. maybee use 5-10 zetas during a fight depending on how many horn moves he does.
 Sylph.Kollosis
サーバ: Sylph
user: Kollosis
By Sylph.Kollosis 2011-07-04 03:24:49  
Did DG effect Gravitic Horn at all?
 Phoenix.Knumskull
user: Knumskull
By Phoenix.Knumskull 2011-07-04 04:18:09  
yeah, hit for 2kish before 50% and 700-900 after
 Sylph.Kollosis
サーバ: Sylph
user: Kollosis
By Sylph.Kollosis 2011-07-04 16:34:16  
Awesome :O
 Valefor.Lordapm
サーバ: Valefor
user: Lordapm
By Valefor.Lordapm 2011-07-21 09:42:05  
Can anyone confirm a ks99 Horn's of War bst solo ? Want to try it but dont want to waste seals if its not possible.
[+]
 Odin.Ceas
サーバ: Odin
user: Ceas
By Odin.Ceas 2011-07-23 12:30:04  
I soloed "Horns of War" a few hours ago on BST/NIN for a friend.
Used a decent Reward set, pdt-10% axes, af3+2 legs etc

Used ~ 8 Eta Biscuits and 9 or 10 Dawn Mulsum. Always Meteor when I ran in for reward so I used Dawn Mulsum for awesom 2,9k Cures from 45' distance. I used only 1 Nursery Nazuna, fight lasted 24 min but super easy. Having Cooking 100+ makes this fight very cheap - maybe 25k for everything (farmed white honey and apkallu eggs on my own).

Don't wait for Call Beast timer - spawn NN - get her on Behe and use reward/dawn mulsum at will. Meteors did ~600 dmg to NN - 2 Meteors hit her for 1,1k dmg.

Can be a bit risky if you ran in and get hit by a meteor but rest up and use dawn mulsum instead.

If you only use Dawn Mulsum - stay 40' away use it from time to time and relax. Got Tongue, PI for NQ Behe and some NPC stuff.
 Valefor.Lordapm
サーバ: Valefor
user: Lordapm
By Valefor.Lordapm 2011-07-23 12:49:26  
Nice , gonna have a shot at it tomorrow. Tyvm for the info.
 Lakshmi.Bravefencer
サーバ: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Bravefencer 2011-07-24 20:19:36  
anyone have tried soloing sobek?
 Bahamut.Zangada
サーバ: Bahamut
user: zangada
By Bahamut.Zangada 2011-07-24 20:51:01  
Odin.Ceas said:
I soloed "Horns of War" a few hours ago on BST/NIN for a friend.
Used a decent Reward set, pdt-10% axes, af3+2 legs etc

Used ~ 8 Eta Biscuits and 9 or 10 Dawn Mulsum. Always Meteor when I ran in for reward so I used Dawn Mulsum for awesom 2,9k Cures from 45' distance. I used only 1 Nursery Nazuna, fight lasted 24 min but super easy. Having Cooking 100+ makes this fight very cheap - maybe 25k for everything (farmed white honey and apkallu eggs on my own).

Don't wait for Call Beast timer - spawn NN - get her on Behe and use reward/dawn mulsum at will. Meteors did ~600 dmg to NN - 2 Meteors hit her for 1,1k dmg.

Can be a bit risky if you ran in and get hit by a meteor but rest up and use dawn mulsum instead.

If you only use Dawn Mulsum - stay 40' away use it from time to time and relax. Got Tongue, PI for NQ Behe and some NPC stuff.

I did this with a cor and barly beat it, mabye it was just luck, but u can stay max distance for reward too. I did have to run in for sic, if i didnt use tp moves i dont think i would of won. Took 27-28 min, was pretty close.

Lakshmi.Bravefencer said:
anyone have tried soloing sobek?

Thats seem risky, get hit with KO and its over.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Fenrir.Fearforever
サーバ: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Fearforever 2011-08-04 09:47:59  
I got a question for all you BST guys :D

Can all the KS99's be duo/trio'd by BSTs? I know the Behemoth one can but what about the others?

I'd like to trio trio them all but not sure if its worth risking the seals.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Lakshmi.Emanuelle
user: Minipie
By Lakshmi.Emanuelle 2011-08-04 10:15:26  
Leviathan.Gotterdammerung said:
Pet: Flowerpot Merle
atma's: Ducal Guard, Mounted Champion, Gnarled Horn

bestia breeches pet SB 8
bestia mufflers pet SB 5
Adaman/armada sollerets pet SB 6
Aegis doublet (optional) pet SB 3

Flowerpot Merle Job MNK: SB IV = 20

total : 39/42 pet subtle blow and 50 AGI (agi reduces TP feed now)

DT cap 87.5%/87.5%

ducal guard 50%/50%
pdt axes x2 20%/0%
anwig 10%/10%
oner back 3%/0%
selemnus belt 0%/3%
Shepherd's chain 2%/2%
Stoutservant II 6.7%/6.7%

total 87.5%/71.7%

Been playing around with this lately. With a similar set up b4 the pdt nerf i was able to solo chloris without ever seeing a doom TP move. But that was combining the loss of tp from chloris hitting for 0. I still find it effective even now as it drastically reduces the number of WS's u see. This set up can be very helpful for NMs like Hedjedjet (his poison aura is the main threat and it only comes after he uses "Venom Breath") when reducing the frequency of TP moves can avoid nasty side effects.

some other nice sides to this set up

Counter 20%ish chance.
Regen 1 natural

Some downsides: certain forms of regain can undermine this set up.
Flowerpot merle does not resist most spells well.

All in all, definitely worth putting into ur arsenal

so wrong not putting razed ruins on pets, the counter and agi doesn't cut it
 Phoenix.Afrikabdotta
By Phoenix.Afrikabdotta 2011-08-04 12:09:20  
I'll have to try some of these. I have been looking for stuff to do outside of abyessa with BST.
By Starkzz 2011-08-04 12:33:36  
I tried the KS99 behemoth solo with Dipperyuly, his meteors were too consistant for reward timers, not to mention with every meteor that lands, the next gets stronger to the point were they'll be flat-out oneshots. He doesn't go down too fast either, and it's even worse if you use the sheep because he'll be taking melee hits aswell as those consistsnt meteors. Well, maybe it can be done, I wont dismiss it, but I doubt it personally.

But as for solo's outside lolabyssea:

Vrtra,
Cerberus,
Hydra,
Khimaira,
Fafnir (not had the chance to try Nidhogg solo)
Behemoth/King Behemoth
Sandworm (all DV's. cept KA. HQ is tricky, but can be done.)
Tinnin
All skygods, cept Kirin
 Siren.Kittyhawk
サーバ: Siren
user: Kittyhawk
By Siren.Kittyhawk 2011-08-04 12:44:56  
Have been messing around with BST cleaving; it doesn't work too well. :( The pulls take a little while to finish, the method is spamming Lulush's whirl claws (RR/DG/VV.) For the most part, Sic always winds up on recast and your pet will have an excess of TP for awhile.

I've pulled Colibri and Squib in Misareaux, Gore Bats and Rabbits in Vunk, and Chigoe in Attohwa. I pull Chigoe manually using Sprinter's drinks and open with a whirl claws to give the pet immediate hate. The Chigoe drop Sprinter's drinks at a decent rate, so you should get one per pull.

Haven't had the opportunity to try Cyclotail with BugeyedBroncha, it may even out perform whirl claws.

The problem is that mobs usually die one at a time which will inevitably convert them to a higher con. When they con EM+ is when the cleaving starts to take too long to be worthwhile. Added note, I melee the highest HP mobs to try to even their HPs out with the lowest, so the last few AoEs will finish them off evenly. Ideally, you could have a BLM finish the mobs from the last ~20-30% with a Firaja or something to avoid ruby lights and converting mobs to higher cons.
 Lakshmi.Emanuelle
user: Minipie
By Lakshmi.Emanuelle 2011-08-04 13:29:18  
Starkzz said:
I tried the KS99 behemoth solo with Dipperyuly, his meteors were too consistant for reward timers, not to mention with every meteor that lands, the next gets stronger to the point were they'll be flat-out oneshots. He doesn't go down too fast either, and it's even worse if you use the sheep because he'll be taking melee hits aswell as those consistsnt meteors. Well, maybe it can be done, I wont dismiss it, but I doubt it personally.

Vrtra,
Cerberus,
Hydra,
Khimaira,
Behemoth/King Behemoth
Tinnin
All skygods, cept Kirin
i did not tried any of those mobs yet on bst
but im sure sandowm and behemoth/fafnir would not be a problem for bst with the current pdt equipable outside abyssea (44%). i think a bst soloed fafnir on my server like 4 month ago.
 Carbuncle.Snoochybooch
サーバ: Carbuncle
By Carbuncle.Snoochybooch 2011-08-04 13:36:26  
Starkzz said:

Vrtra
Cerberus,
Hydra,
Khimaira,
Behemoth/King Behemoth
Tinnin
All skygods, cept Kirin

How did you manage to kill vrtra solo?
By Starkzz 2011-08-04 16:57:25  
Theres a trick to Vrtra that I'm not willing to disclose here, go to Vrtra on your BST, put your pet on him and y'all see for ya'self.
 Siren.Kittyhawk
By Siren.Kittyhawk 2011-08-04 17:04:40  
Do Vrtra's summons bug out like Achamoth's do if the entity at the top of its hate list is a pet, where they spawn but instantly despawn afterwords?
By Starkzz 2011-08-04 17:14:19  
Close, but not exactly.
 Carbuncle.Snoochybooch
By Carbuncle.Snoochybooch 2011-08-04 17:15:38  
ok I see how it works now, tested it out, gonna be a long fight.
 Bismarck.Xdudemanx
サーバ: Bismarck
user: xdudemanx
By Bismarck.Xdudemanx 2011-08-04 17:16:14  
as long as u dont "fight" a summon you yourself wont have hate but what i do when i get links is have my pet do an aoe to get hate...when the pet dies or is released usually the others lose hate or desummon
 Leviathan.Gotterdammerung
サーバ: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Gotterdammerung 2011-08-04 17:16:37  
Fenrir.Fearforever said:
I got a question for all you BST guys :D

Can all the KS99's be duo/trio'd by BSTs? I know the Behemoth one can but what about the others?

I'd like to trio trio them all but not sure if its worth risking the seals.

For the dragon you can go minimum 1 bst max 2 bst

then a mix of any 3 of these, Pup, smn , blm. Pups and smns work better for enmity reasons.

For the turtle u really need at least a party, otherwise the dmg is just to low and you will time out. It is Safeish to melee with pets on him, just run from aga.

For the Behemoth, my pet shell did it with around 5 bsts and 3 smns and it was overkill. The smns had a very hard time getting in range to BP so they weren't able to do much. And for most the fight we just sat out of range watching it die 30 yalms back. I imagine you could solo this one with a LARGE supply of dawn mulsims. But im pretty sure u could trio it easily on bst.
 Siren.Kittyhawk
By Siren.Kittyhawk 2011-08-04 17:17:48  
Gonna try the Vrtra thing. Won't spoil anything if its legit; it'll be a 'try it yourself' thing. :O
 Carbuncle.Snoochybooch
By Carbuncle.Snoochybooch 2011-08-04 17:18:50  
Siren.Kittyhawk said:
Gonna try the Vrtra thing. Won't spoil anything if its legit; it'll be a 'try it yourself' thing. :O

^This
 Bahamut.Zangada
サーバ: Bahamut
user: zangada
By Bahamut.Zangada 2011-08-04 17:36:51  
I soloed Dawon while doing trials so i wasnt exctally pepared, i was with a sam/whm who used diaga to help with shadows. Took almost an hr, 2 stack of etas and idk how many muslums, mabye 20ish, used dipper. Dropped 1 hide so easily made up what i spent. Mabye easier to solo rdm or whm sub for diaga, the shadows really make it go slow.
First Page 2 3 ... 7 8 9 ... 28 29 30