フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Beast Master » BST solos
BST solos
First Page 2 3 ... 21 22 23 ... 28 29 30
 Fenrir.Minjo
サーバ: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
user: Tsuko
By Fenrir.Minjo 2012-05-20 01:34:04  
Herp, apparently we don't play a game where BST has native archery skill. That won't work. You'll have to go /SCH and beef up your helix set as much as you can.
 Fenrir.Sylow
By Fenrir.Sylow 2012-05-20 01:36:47  
I was pretty confused for a second!

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Fenrir.Minjo
By Fenrir.Minjo 2012-05-20 01:51:43  

Go in on Iceday, and Alacrity-Drain whenever they're up.

(There are a few obvious upgrades that can be made, but I don't assume people have Novio and Phorcys sitting around)

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Ramuh.Laffter
サーバ: Ramuh
user: Rocketpop
By Ramuh.Laffter 2012-05-20 01:54:16  
Hecate's earring isn't unreasonable for most people to have now, so that's probably a decent replacement for the other earring.
 Fenrir.Minjo
By Fenrir.Minjo 2012-05-20 01:55:37  
Josiahkf said: »
the wyrm is immune to ice attacks remember too

Christ, I'm herping all over the place today. Replace the aforementioned suggestions with Watersday and Neptune's Staff.

Also Hecates
 Bismarck.Zagen
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Zagen
By Bismarck.Zagen 2012-05-20 02:11:15  
Oh wow never thought about /sch... thanks now to look for the gear heh :D
 Fenrir.Sylow
By Fenrir.Sylow 2012-05-20 02:15:04  
Fenrir.Minjo said: »

Go in on Iceday, and Alacrity-Drain whenever they're up.

(There are a few obvious upgrades that can be made, but I don't assume people have Novio and Phorcys sitting around)

http://www.ffxiah.com/item/11035/strophadic-earring

is pretty easy to get.
 Phoenix.Suji
サーバ: Phoenix
user: suji
By Phoenix.Suji 2012-05-20 02:49:52  
Odin.Phunkism said: »
Odin.Phunkism said: »
Used Discreet Louise for dark resist. Used about 1 stack of Theta's and 2 dawn mulsum. Fairly straight forward fight. The only dangerous part is popping him. You can avoid his first breath attack when spawning by running diagonally and putting your pet on it. His pathing is odd near his spawn point and he'll run in a circle after you. He's proc'able with JA.

Proc'ed Lost Fairy Ring with a WS today at 23:48 gametime. I have no idea how the proc's work on these NM's anymore. Maybe any action taken on them can proc.
Are you sure you saw the red!! at that time or did you notice it was proc'd and then look in the log to see what time you used the WS?

I ask because you can JA proc mobs before the JA window begins, but the stagger isn't displayed or applied until the JA window actually starts. So it's possible you used a JA at some point while fighting it, then used a WS, saw it proc shortly after, and assumed it was the WS rather than the earlier JA that proc'd it.

Here's another example of this strange behavior:
If you use some JAs on a mushroom at 23:30, then do nothing, when the time changes, you could see an immediate red stagger from the earlier JAs.
 Cerberus.Anjisnu
サーバ: Cerberus
user: anjisnu
By Cerberus.Anjisnu 2012-05-20 03:41:54  
its any ja ws or magic any time ive procced ja at all 8 hour increments on fairy ring 1/5 on that belt
 Sylph.Safiyyah
サーバ: Sylph
user: Safiyyah
By Sylph.Safiyyah 2012-05-27 00:48:59  
I tried Fleshflayer Killakriq tonight. Managed to get him to 60% before I died to -ga trying to pull an add off of Falcorr. It is a doable fight on BST solo, I'm sure of that, but I could see it taking 45 minutes or so.

Used Brother Wolf, Ducal Guard, and Razed Ruins.

I plan to go out again tomorrow and give it another shot.
 Phoenix.Suji
サーバ: Phoenix
user: suji
By Phoenix.Suji 2012-05-27 02:10:22  
Sylph.Safiyyah said: »
I tried Fleshflayer Killakriq tonight. Managed to get him to 60% before I died to -ga trying to pull an add off of Falcorr. It is a doable fight on BST solo, I'm sure of that, but I could see it taking 45 minutes or so.

Definitely. I did it once with a MNK to proc blue!! and zombie some ws thereafter and it wasn't too bad but it did take a while. So without the MNK, it would just be a bit slower but still just as doable. I forget exactly how long but it was at least 30 minutes. I used Dipper and MC/DG/RR.
 Bismarck.Bloodbathboy
By Bismarck.Bloodbathboy 2012-05-30 01:11:09  
Hey, was wondering about the dragon spawned by trading a bloodied dragon ear by flux4 in Altepa?? Anyone try him yet?? And if so, what pet and atmas did you use??
 Cerberus.Pleebo
user: Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2012-05-30 01:48:53  
Bismarck.Bloodbathboy said: »
Hey, was wondering about the dragon spawned by trading a bloodied dragon ear by flux4 in Altepa?? Anyone try him yet?? And if so, what pet and atmas did you use??
Dragua's been listed as a doable solo in this thread. Any evasive pet using DG, RR, and the earth resist atma should work.
[+]
 Bismarck.Bloodbathboy
By Bismarck.Bloodbathboy 2012-05-30 12:19:05  
Thanks^
 Sylph.Safiyyah
user: Safiyyah
By Sylph.Safiyyah 2012-05-31 01:33:44  
Phoenix.Suji said: »

Definitely. I did it once with a MNK to proc blue!! and zombie some ws thereafter and it wasn't too bad but it did take a while. So without the MNK, it would just be a bit slower but still just as doable. I forget exactly how long but it was at least 30 minutes. I used Dipper and MC/DG/RR.

My wife on PUP with Soulreaver and my BST basically duo'ed it the other night. There was a SMN who came late but had no DD atmas and little gear. Her PUP is not usually put in the nuke/deactivate/nuke role, so she made some mistakes, but it's definitely a long fight. I'd say it took almost 20 minutes? Then we did Fuath, which is an extremely easy fight with pet jobs.
[+]
 Cerberus.Pleebo
user: Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2012-05-31 17:51:09  
Phoenix.Suji said: »

My wife on PUP with Soulreaver and my BST basically duo'ed it the other night. There was a SMN who came late but had no DD atmas and little gear. Her PUP is not usually put in the nuke/deactivate/nuke role, so she made some mistakes, but it's definitely a long fight. I'd say it took almost 20 minutes? Then we did Fuath, which is an extremely easy fight with pet jobs.
Fuath is such a twunt as bst solo (I assume you're duoing it). In case anyone is interested in farming ardor jewels, go for Ironclad Severer instead. Boring fight but has a pretty dependable drop rate.
 Bismarck.Bloodbathboy
By Bismarck.Bloodbathboy 2012-06-04 19:41:09  
Did Orthos and his KI NM. Just bring dawns incase things go wrong. Atmas were DG,RR, and Vis. I used gooey . Seems to resist fire.
 Sylph.Binckry
user: Binckly
By Sylph.Binckry 2012-06-09 14:27:16  
Do you think/Has it been said if BST can solo Lord Ruthven/Erebus/Feuaegagaunke? I'm assuming it could be done, but I kinda just wanted clarity on them. D:
By catlord 2012-06-09 15:05:19  
Eternal damnation would be the only reason you failed at solo'ing Lord Ruthven. Otherwise they all pretty easy.

-easy duo with pet on either side and keeping a call beast timer up for doom.
 Ragnarok.Endtanis
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Endtanis
By Ragnarok.Endtanis 2012-06-09 15:08:20  
I've done LR/Feuaegagaunke for friends and all were quite easy. I only used DY and maybe about half a stack of Reward (Zeta I think as well) and it really wasn't much of a challenge.
 Sylph.Binckry
By Sylph.Binckry 2012-06-09 15:32:07  
Ragnarok.Endtanis said: »
I've done LR/Feuaegagaunke for friends and all were quite easy. I only used DY and maybe about half a stack of Reward (Zeta I think as well) and it really wasn't much of a challenge.
Thanks for quoting my exact same spelling on that frog. =P
 Ragnarok.Endtanis
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Endtanis
By Ragnarok.Endtanis 2012-06-09 15:34:48  
Sylph.Binckry said: »
Ragnarok.Endtanis said: »
Thanks for quoting my exact same spelling on that frog. =P

It was probably as close to the spelling as I would get! :)
 Bahamut.Darkbahamut
サーバ: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Darkbahamut 2012-06-12 13:35:37  
Any bsts solod Krabkatoa at 99? wondering which jug is best. Sudden Lunge doesnt seem to stick.
 Bismarck.Alkalinescissor
user: alkyalky
By Bismarck.Alkalinescissor 2012-06-12 16:07:27  
Ya you can solo the crab @99. Mega Scissors and the poison hurts, but its doable...
 Bahamut.Darkbahamut
By Bahamut.Darkbahamut 2012-06-12 16:09:52  
Bismarck.Alkalinescissor said: »
Ya you can solo the crab @99. Mega Scissors and the poison hurts, but its doable...

Ya I was googling it. Some guy said he tanked it with the slug. I was thinking Falcor to intimidate? Any recommendations?
 Bismarck.Alkalinescissor
user: alkyalky
By Bismarck.Alkalinescissor 2012-06-12 17:08:11  
Falcor probably best. First time i soloed i thought he casted so i used slug. Will probably have to call beast at least one more time during the fight (cheaper then bombing with muslems and thetas)
 Bahamut.Darkbahamut
By Bahamut.Darkbahamut 2012-06-12 23:42:58  
Bismarck.Alkalinescissor said: »
Falcor probably best. First time i soloed i thought he casted so i used slug. Will probably have to call beast at least one more time during the fight (cheaper then bombing with muslems and thetas)

Yah thanks! I used Falcor. He intimidated a lot needed to muslems and a few thetas for mega scissors.
 Sylph.Binckry
By Sylph.Binckry 2012-06-19 15:08:58  
I'm not sure if it was done (Cause I'm lazy and don't want to check all 22~ pages. :< But can BST solo Orthrus? If so, what pets and atmas?
First Page 2 3 ... 21 22 23 ... 28 29 30