フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Black Mage » BLM gear sets
BLM gear sets
First Page 2 3 4 5 6
サーバ: Titan
Game: FFXI
user: batboy267
By Titan.Darkwizardzin 2011-01-03 12:10:15  
Sylph.Elgorian said:
Just wondering, but I saw a lot of people with Aesir Torque in nuke sets. Does the Aesir Torque win out over Goetia Chain?
No, like I said before it's only used because its easy to get if you lack gil/a job to solo bakka.
[+]
 Bahamut.Kara
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Kara
By Bahamut.Kara 2011-01-03 12:13:34  
Titan.Darkwizardzin said:
Sylph.Elgorian said:
Just wondering, but I saw a lot of people with Aesir Torque in nuke sets. Does the Aesir Torque win out over Goetia Chain?
No, like I said before it's only used because its easy to get if you lack gil/a job to solo bakka.

There are other neck pieces that are easy/cheap to get that beat out a torque that only gives elemntal magic. Elemenal magic does not increse spell damage and people should be seeing very few resists, if any at all.
[+]
 Bahamut.Zorander
user: Zor
By Bahamut.Zorander 2011-01-03 12:21:50  
I can't think of a single reason to use Ele torque any more and if you are cheap then use Philo and save ~25k while your at it.
[+]
By Titan.Darkwizardzin 2011-01-03 12:29:19  
Bahamut.Kara said:
Sylph.Elgorian said:
There are other neck pieces that are easy/cheap to get that beat out a torque that only gives elemntal magic. Elemenal magic does not increse spell damage and people should be seeing very few resists, if any at all.
You have a point but there are still monsters in this game that have high resist rates (like the caturae).

I don't see aesir as a bad gear. Sure there is better stuff for the slot but that doesn't mean it sucks.
[+]
 Cerberus.Kvazz
サーバ: Cerberus
user: kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2011-01-03 12:39:22  
With atma of the ultimate you get +50 macc from that alone, shouldn't really need skill+ gear at all D:
[+]
By Titan.Darkwizardzin 2011-01-03 12:43:47  
Cerberus.Kvazz said:
With atma of the ultimate you get +50 macc from that alone, shouldn't really need skill+ gear at all D:
even with that I still have problems with landing nukes on nms like rani unless I use af hands and limit the elementals I use (they tend to not resist fire).

In the end yea I guess ele torques aren't needed anymore for nuking but its still a useful gear piece for dark sets.
[+]
 Bahamut.Kara
By Bahamut.Kara 2011-01-03 12:50:07  
I'm not saying you should get rid of all your elemanl magic gear...but you won't need it 99.98% of the time. The .02% of the time when maigc acc is needed, use a resist set.
 Sylph.Elgorian
サーバ: Sylph
user: Elgorian
By Sylph.Elgorian 2011-01-03 12:50:56  
Just got my set added in ffxiah

Most of the pieces I'm aiming to upgrade to AF3 when I get the chance to work on seals. Prolly gonna grab some Z Mitts until I finish AF3 gloves.

Is the Elementa Grip worth using or should I stick with bugard?

Edit: Does Goetia also win over Aesir for Dark Magic?

[+]
 Bahamut.Kara
By Bahamut.Kara 2011-01-03 12:59:02  
Sylph.Elgorian said:

Edit: Does Goetia also win over Aesir for Dark Magic?

No. When casting dark magic its better to have dark magic gear in that slot.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2011-01-03 13:15:45  
Screw ZMitts, get Eradico. 100% drop and Ulhuadshi drops AF3+2 item for BLM head too. I'd use Bugard Strap +1 - small increase in damage but really, given resist rates these days it'll be better overall.
 Sylph.Elgorian
user: Elgorian
By Sylph.Elgorian 2011-01-03 13:41:07  
Oh, didn't realize Eradico were 100% will most likely go after those then.
 Cerberus.Quipto
user: Quipto
By Cerberus.Quipto 2011-01-03 13:45:52  
Cerberus.Kvazz said:
even with that I still have problems with landing nukes on nms like rani unless I use af hands and limit the elementals I use (they tend to not resist fire). In the end yea I guess ele torques aren't needed anymore for nuking but its still a useful gear piece for dark sets.
Your problem is that Rani has high -MDT, not resists. Even with brew, it's hard to break 10k nukes on her.
 Sylph.Krsone
user: Basilo
By Sylph.Krsone 2011-01-03 14:22:14  
"Just make a set that will reach 150 INT total, or 120 INT if you are incapable of reaching 150"

Why 120? ...

■1 - 39 INT = 1hp/tic (-5 stat)
■40 - 69 INT = 2hp/tic (-7 stat)
■70 - 99 INT = 3hp/tic (-9 stat)
■100 - 149 INT = 4hp/tic (-11 stat)
■150 - ??? INT = 5hp/tic (-13 stat)

Only need 100-149 for lower tier, although having said that everyone should be able to reach 150 now with much less +int gear than they needed at 75 even outside abys.
[+]
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2011-01-03 14:22:50  
320/120 "rule" obviously!
 Bahamut.Zorander
By Bahamut.Zorander 2011-01-03 14:25:21  
Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
320/120 "rule" obviously!
I must be doing it wrong..Im no where near 320 :/
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2011-01-03 14:32:16  
My RDM has 323 Ele skill, clearly my RDM > your BLM \o/
[+]
 Ifrit.Maddii
サーバ: Ifrit
user: Maddi
By Ifrit.Maddii 2011-01-03 14:34:49  
heya, ive read that thread with great interest.

how the the stats INT , MAB, and elemental magic skill compete with each other damage and accuracy wise?

i mean it like: does 1 MAB do more dmg and (magic) accuracy than 1 INT?
 Bahamut.Aeronis
user: Aeronis
By Bahamut.Aeronis 2011-01-03 15:58:32  
Ifrit.Maddii said:
heya, ive read that thread with great interest. how the the stats INT , MAB, and elemental magic skill compete with each other damage and accuracy wise? i mean it like: does 1 MAB do more dmg and (magic) accuracy than 1 INT?
MAB has no contribution to MACC, the rule of thumb is that 2 INT is the equivalent of 1 MAB in terms of damage though. With higher and lower tiers of magic I know that specific value becomes a little skewed.

Elemental Magic Skill, as said many a time before in this thread has ABSOLUTELY NO contribution to your nuking damage, it only affects your rate of resist, which isn't really a problem at 90 having capped Elemental Magic.

Bahamut.Zorander
By Bahamut.Zorander 2011-01-03 16:03:53  
Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
My RDM has 323 Ele skill, clearly my RDM > your BLM \o/
Dammit!

Night: 1
Zor: 0

By Titan.Darkwizardzin 2011-01-03 16:27:17  
Cerberus.Quipto said:
Cerberus.Kvazz said:
even with that I still have problems with landing nukes on nms like rani unless I use af hands and limit the elementals I use (they tend to not resist fire). In the end yea I guess ele torques aren't needed anymore for nuking but its still a useful gear piece for dark sets.
Your problem is that Rani has high -MDT, not resists. Even with brew, it's hard to break 10k nukes on her.
I'm well awhere about its -mdt but even with that I can still land nukes for 1200~ damage but without ele gear i'll end up with 600~ or less thx to the resists.
 Bahamut.Aeronis
user: Aeronis
By Bahamut.Aeronis 2011-01-03 16:34:41  
Cerberus.Quipto said:
Cerberus.Kvazz said:
I'm well awhere about its -mdt but even with that I can still land nukes for 1200~ damage but without ele gear i'll end up with 600~ or less thx to the resists.
Use your resist set then lol, should have a Max Damage and a Resist set anyways.
 Bahamut.Raenryong
user: RaenRyong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2011-01-03 17:04:59  
Feud Pendant
[+]
 Bahamut.Zorander
By Bahamut.Zorander 2011-01-03 17:14:18  
Bahamut.Raenryong said:
Feud Pendant
Pfft who asked you..MISTER REDMAGE!!

Edit: Cuz clearly Rdm has nothing to do with nuking.
 Phoenix.Fredjan
サーバ: Phoenix
user: Fredjan
By Phoenix.Fredjan 2011-01-03 17:20:54  
Has anyone considered Twilight cloak for those w/o af3+1 body?
Idk, MAB +15 should beat a combined INT +12 and MAB +4, wouldn't it?
 Asura.Eeek
サーバ: Asura
user: Eeek
By Asura.Eeek 2011-01-03 17:24:48  
Bahamut.Dasva said:
Side note is there advanced rule stuff for twilight cape or just have to add it specifically into your af2 leg section?

For nukes, I specifically added the cape to the same section that handles my AF2 pants. For Drain/Aspir/Cures, I added new If Advanced statements that account for the cape.

This may or may not work. I haven't tested it. My account got banned due to some sort of billing error over the weekend, so I'm on the phone with SE right now trying to get everything sorted out.
 Cerberus.Quipto
user: Quipto
By Cerberus.Quipto 2011-01-03 18:06:26  
Asura.Eeek said:
Bahamut.Dasva said:
Side note is there advanced rule stuff for twilight cape or just have to add it specifically into your af2 leg section?
For nukes, I specifically added the cape to the same section that handles my AF2 pants. For Drain/Aspir/Cures, I added new If Advanced statements that account for the cape. This may or may not work. I haven't tested it. My account got banned due to some sort of billing error over the weekend, so I'm on the phone with SE right now trying to get everything sorted out.
Just add it to the obi section. You would only want to use it with obi's anyway. If you add it to your AF2 legs section, it won't equip it when you have double weather+day.
 Bismarck.Maxse
サーバ: Bismarck
user: maxse
By Bismarck.Maxse 2011-01-03 18:31:12  
Asura.Eeek said:
Bahamut.Dasva said:

For nukes, I specifically added the cape to the same section that handles my AF2 pants. For Drain/Aspir/Cures, I added new If Advanced statements that account for the cape.

This may or may not work. I haven't tested it. My account got banned due to some sort of billing error over the weekend, so I'm on the phone with SE right now trying to get everything sorted out.

It wont work the af2legs rules are for day only not weather.
 Ragnarok.Kogenta
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Kogenta
By Ragnarok.Kogenta 2011-01-03 18:56:43  
Bahamut.Kara said:
Bahamut.Zorander said:
Ragnarok.Kogenta said:
nukegear. Aptus earring is augmented MAB+2 and diamond ring is augmented INT+2 (total INT+6). currently working on getting hecate's earring D: enfe set EDIT: snow satchet is INT+2 not STR+2 as stated on ffxiah <.< Idle/ramdonbuffs set (xcept stoneskin) legs augmented mov speed+ and haste, earring refresh
Of all the good bodies to nuke in why are you nuking in Augur?

Am I missing something?

I was wondering that too.

Personal aesthetyc disease and inventory space saving. Perform almost like Teal and is twice as more goodlooking. No dat swap, it doesn't count if ppl still see you in teal ._. Working on AF3 body :|

Bahamut.Aeronis said:
Ifrit.Maddii said:
heya, ive read that thread with great interest. how the the stats INT , MAB, and elemental magic skill compete with each other damage and accuracy wise? i mean it like: does 1 MAB do more dmg and (magic) accuracy than 1 INT?
MAB has no contribution to MACC, the rule of thumb is that 2 INT is the equivalent of 1 MAB in terms of damage though. With higher and lower tiers of magic I know that specific value becomes a little skewed.

Elemental Magic Skill, as said many a time before in this thread has ABSOLUTELY NO contribution to your nuking damage, it only affects your rate of resist, which isn't really a problem at 90 having capped Elemental Magic.

Also this ^ Elemental Skill plays a role on calculating resistance or not over a nuke, and at a higher rate than INT or macc, since 1 skill is WAY more than 2 INT or 1 macc. But, i heard it lift the damage cap for spells, dunno if it is true, never tested personally.
Another rule of thumb should be:
-if eleskill is not capped and against high level mobs -> mix eleskill mostly and slots with no equip for skill, use INT.
-if eleskill is capped, INT > mab/macc
Where 2 equip offer the same performance but one is 20INT and the other one is, say, 10 MAB and 20 MACC, i'd prefer the INT one, because INT plays a main role on calculating resistance over the mobs INT.

sorry for bad english D:
[+]
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2011-01-03 19:10:30  
It's ***.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Kogenta
サーバ: Ragnarok