users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » White Mage » AF3 Body/Gloves/Earring
AF3 Body/Gloves/Earring
 Ragnarok.Cerelyn
サーバ: Ragnarok
Game: FFXI
By Ragnarok.Cerelyn 2010-12-06 20:26:05  
Phoenix.Smileybone said:
Anyone know how we get the AF3 body/hands base items?
New abyssea zones.
 Bahamut.Aeronis
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Aeronis
By Bahamut.Aeronis 2010-12-06 20:26:48  
Ragnarok.Cerelyn said:
And Suraya's Staff +2 adds +22% Cure Potency
Right, so you could take out Fyljia+1 since the set is 51% Potency and use a better MND piece.
 Ragnarok.Cerelyn
By Ragnarok.Cerelyn 2010-12-06 20:27:43  
And be quick to sell that +1 before they drop lol
[+]
 Bahamut.Aeronis
user: Aeronis
By Bahamut.Aeronis 2010-12-06 20:28:30  
Ragnarok.Cerelyn said:
And be quick to sell that +1 before they drop lol
Still have a use for the silly people who don't proc Blue !! on Marvin!
[+]
By Kasaioni 2010-12-07 07:41:12  
Ragnarok.Cerelyn said:
Phoenix.Smileybone said:
Anyone know how we get the AF3 body/hands base items?
New abyssea zones.
....uh yea, we know that.

But HOW, like is it Dominion? I know we can get the hands with cruor, but not how you get the body pieces.
 Bismarck.Elanabelle
サーバ: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Elanabelle 2010-12-07 08:34:34  
Gilgamesh.Tweeek said:
7 more stupid bottled pixies for me ><

if Surya +2 is anything over 20% i'm just gonna freak out in a good way

No more pixies in a bottle!

Staff +2 has Cure Potency +22%.

Requires 15 "Light Geodes".

Doesn't seem too unreasonable. Time for work!
[+]
 Gilgamesh.Tweeek
サーバ: Gilgamesh
user: Tweeek
By Gilgamesh.Tweeek 2010-12-07 10:37:05  
Bismarck.Elanabelle said:
Gilgamesh.Tweeek said:
7 more stupid bottled pixies for me ><

if Surya +2 is anything over 20% i'm just gonna freak out in a good way

No more pixies in a bottle!

Staff +2 has Cure Potency +22%.

Requires 15 "Light Geodes".

Doesn't seem too unreasonable. Time for work!

lol nah i mean im still finishing my pixies from the old trials im behind still. 18/25. i've just been working on too many things all at once playing catch up from being gone from the game so long.

[+]
 Gilgamesh.Tweeek
By Gilgamesh.Tweeek 2010-12-07 10:45:16  
Bahamut.Aeronis said:
For those bitching about WHM body and it's usefulness versus Nobles/Aristocrat's, this set says hi

Can easily swap out the Augur for AF3+2 body. (That is, if it even enhances the Stoneskin Effect...)

meh, my goal is to hit the cap without medicine ring and roundel earring (i dont got 6mil for a roundel :P )
[+]
 Gilgamesh.Tweeek
By Gilgamesh.Tweeek 2010-12-07 11:07:31  
This seems for me like the easiest to obtain, most practical and cheapest way to hit the cap while not using the med ring (for me at least)

22 Surya's Staff +2
10 Orison Cap +2
3 Fylgja Torque +1
3 Orison Cape
2 Orison Earring
10 Noble's Tunic

I guess I could swap the tunic with med ring to use the AF3 body.

I'm interested in the Augur gloves not so much interested in Serpentes set cause I love my Cure clogs. I don't have 50 cap quite yet so I like using my ASA pants instead of my AF3+1 legs, I figure I'll do this until I +2 them and/or hit the cap.. I just couldn't see the +2 MP return being equal to the Cure Pot +5 for me

Which reminds me: Anyone ever test is the MP return on Orison legs works with Cura or Curaga?
 Ragnarok.Ghishlain
user: Ghishlain
By Ragnarok.Ghishlain 2010-12-07 12:19:26  
Gilgamesh.Tweeek said:
I'm interested in the Augur gloves not so much interested in Serpentes set cause I love my Cure clogs. I don't have 50 cap quite yet so I like using my ASA pants instead of my AF3+1 legs, I figure I'll do this until I +2 them and/or hit the cap.. I just couldn't see the +2 MP return being equal to the Cure Pot +5 for me

Could easily just macro in Clogs for pre-cast and then Serpentes for the cast. Having Serpentes set in general is good for idling for that extra +1 mp/tick if you're in need of it. Otherwise, yeah, Augur's gloves are just as easy to use

Gilgamesh.Tweeek said:
Which reminds me: Anyone ever test is the MP return on Orison legs works with Cura or Curaga?

Last time I tested it, it did work with Cura, but not Curaga. But as of late, it's been giving me weird returns when I tested it again. I think when I have an hour of time, I'm going to sit down and see exactly how the MP return on Orison Legs +1 works.
 Gilgamesh.Tweeek
By Gilgamesh.Tweeek 2010-12-07 13:40:18  
Ragnarok.Ghishlain said:
Gilgamesh.Tweeek said:

Could easily just macro in Clogs for pre-cast and then Serpentes for the cast. Having Serpentes set in general is good for idling for that extra +1 mp/tick if you're in need of it. Otherwise, yeah, Augur's gloves are just as easy to use

aww i dunno why i didnt think of this.. i guess i thought cure potency needed to be on the entire cast pre/mid/finish. today i macro in clogs for pre then mid go to mnd+ feet. I still think the cure pot 4% augur gloves + what you could get out of some nice feet would be better right then 2 slots for 1 extra %. maybe i'm wrong but 10+ mnd (and +7mnd from gloves) and -enm seems better than the 1%

not saying serp isn't amazing for idle gear, cause it is

could i get the -8% spellcast with my AF3+1 pants and then end in my ASA for the 5% cure pot still? I suppose I could easily test it just hadn't thought about it cause this (i'm pretty sure) takes away from the MP return
 Ragnarok.Ghishlain
user: Ghishlain
By Ragnarok.Ghishlain 2010-12-07 13:56:27  
Gilgamesh.Tweeek said:
aww i dunno why i didnt think of this.. i guess i thought cure potency needed to be on the entire cast pre/mid/finish. today i macro in clogs for pre then mid go to mnd+ feet. I still think the cure pot 4% augur gloves + what you could get out of some nice feet would be better right then 2 slots for 1 extra %. maybe i'm wrong but 10+ mnd (and +7mnd from gloves) and -enm seems better than the 1%

For Cures I to IV, the 1% Potency will give you more bang for your buck then MND, given the soft caps of those cure tiers. When it comes to Cure V+, I'm honestly not sure. I'd say play around with it if you have the gear and see what Cure numbers you come up with. I'd imagine the 1% would still be better, but I could be wrong too.

The cool thing about WHM right now is that there are so many gear sets that can cap our potency that we can mix and match based on our current gear selections and still maintain a fairly high potency.

Gilgamesh.Tweeek said:
could i get the -8% spellcast with my AF3+1 pants and then end in my ASA for the 5% cure pot still? I suppose I could easily test it just hadn't thought about it cause this (i'm pretty sure) takes away from the MP return

Yeah, it should be. Unless "-8% healing magic spellcast" does not include Cure (somehow, I could imagine SE making a giant mistake on that too >.>...) There's a lot of fast cast gear and merits that will pretty much allow for WHMs to hit that Fast Cast cap on cures easily. So, yeah, go for it~

You may want to consider keeping the legs in for Cure V+ though because those are some pretty significant returns you'll be getting. This is especially true it you're /SCH and can half the MP cost of your spells. But again, this depends on your play style and current gear choices. At this time, I'm hitting 47% potency with my current gear sets, so legs being on when Cure casting is yum for me~~ ^_^
 Gilgamesh.Tweeek
By Gilgamesh.Tweeek 2010-12-07 14:21:59  
hehe nice with the 47%, yea i just need to finish up some ***so i have all my cure potency gear and +2 legs. I'm slowly but surely getting things done with the amount of time I have to play and just was working on too many different things at once. Every time I am able to finish one of the things I was working on I can focus more on the things left.

I'm at 43% with my ASA pants and medicine ring proc'd. Once I finish getting RR, MM and VV atmas for my LS i'll be able to get my head seals and my orison cape quick and start working on more +2 items.

Odin.Sheelay
サーバ: Odin
user: Sheelay
By Odin.Sheelay 2010-12-08 02:42:38  

Start casting in this while /Rdm for capped Healing Spell casting speed (Orison cape and Clerick belt aren't optimal, I just threw them in there as a personal choice)

Finish casting in this for max MND (+76!) and Potency. Unless I missed some other new gear (maybe a new MND and -Enmity grip), I think this is the best compromise to reach potency cap with the least ammount of items and bump up MND to the limit.

Note: Don't forget Korin Obi and Healing feather. Both work past the 50% potency cap.

I think by 99 the noble/aristocrat body won't be necessary to decently (meaning you're not wearing 10 items each with 5% potency) cap potency anymore.
[+]
 Asura.Patriclis
サーバ: Asura
user: Patriclis
By Asura.Patriclis 2010-12-08 03:02:50  
or you can get cure clogs and then sub /sch giving access to light arts and sublimation which far outweigh the benefits of /rdm. Also while all of that mnd is nice you don't have any -enmity anywhere, which means you may as well be volunteering to be an entree of any mob that lasts more than 2 minutes.

A better idea would be what a friend of mine uses.

precast (with 10% speed from light arts and then 20% from merits, this would cap you and you technically don't even need the loquacious).

input /equip neck "Aceso's choker"
input /equip ear2 "Loquac. Earring"
input /equip legs "Orsn. Pantaln. +1"
input /equip feet "Cure Clogs"

Then you'd cure with this:

Now since this set is pre-december update, im sure there's going to be some changes to it however, it offers capped cure speed + potency and 32MND without sacrificing -enmity (has -37 enmity here) so you won't become food everytime you try and cure someone.
 Odin.Sheelay
By Odin.Sheelay 2010-12-08 03:08:48  
If I recall right, enmity bonuses cap at +/- 50.

My WHM is very gimp compared to the set I posted (haven't played in months) but I haven't had much trouble staying off the hate list in long fights.
It may be thanks to the tanks I used to play with.

SCH sub may actually become better than RDM now since the HP to MP conversion incresed with lvl 45 sub. I don't know much about SCH but if we can activate light weather on self by 99, it will definitely become the standard and allow fulltiming Korin Obi.

Edit: Keep in mind that casting speed is equal to fast cast so you probably don't need all that gear to cap cure casting speed anyways.
 Quetzalcoatl.Sectumsempra
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
user: Sect
By Quetzalcoatl.Sectumsempra 2010-12-08 03:09:35  
SCH sub was always the best thing for WHM.
[+]
 Odin.Sheelay
By Odin.Sheelay 2010-12-08 03:10:37  
Not at 85 I believe, but it doesn't matter anymore heheh
 Bahamut.Kaioshin
user: Troair
By Bahamut.Kaioshin 2010-12-08 03:14:10  
Who else just got their Iga earring? I know I did ^^ Shout out to Serj and Daytona and his dual box whm. Thanks guys was a fun fight.

Now anyone know how much dual wield % it does and would i be better off just using iga earring instead of suppa and still use brutal for tp? dicisions dicisions
 Odin.Sheelay
By Odin.Sheelay 2010-12-08 03:21:43  
Grats! I think it's up to you to test it now lol

There was a topic started by Tigerwoods about a DW/Haste limit that you may find interesting to figure out what NIN's ideal TP set will look like.
As for the Iga earring VS Suppa, if it grants the same DW (probably imo) as Suppa, you'll be better off with it for the marginally better evasion and the chance to get another DM Earring, as long as you don't have other DW Jobs.

Also, Brutal is still the best TP/WS Earring for the other ear slot.
 Bahamut.Kaioshin
user: Troair
By Bahamut.Kaioshin 2010-12-08 03:42:56  
Thats what I thought Sheelay. THe only noticable diff i can make out is that without af body on and both earrings on for dual weild i appear to be attacking at the same rate of speed (no haste of march or samba) as if i had my af body on. when i put my af body on tho i only see a very marginal and small diff. So off of just this visual testing and my parser logs I'd say the evidence points towards a DW cap in relation to haste on gear. I'll go take a look at that thread you mentioned and see if i can't find some answers.
 Asura.Patriclis
user: Patriclis
By Asura.Patriclis 2010-12-08 04:14:53  
Odin.Sheelay said:
If I recall right, enmity bonuses cap at +/- 50.

My WHM is very gimp compared to the set I posted (haven't played in months) but I haven't had much trouble staying off the hate list in long fights.
It may be thanks to the tanks I used to play with.

SCH sub may actually become better than RDM now since the HP to MP conversion incresed with lvl 45 sub. I don't know much about SCH but if we can activate light weather on self by 99, it will definitely become the standard and allow fulltiming Korin Obi.

Edit: Keep in mind that casting speed is equal to fast cast so you probably don't need all that gear to cap cure casting speed anyways.

When lowmanning stuff and cure Ving for 1100~ it's nice to have the negative enmity or you probably will pull hate at some point.
 Gilgamesh.Tweeek
By Gilgamesh.Tweeek 2010-12-08 11:48:36  
umm... few things.

first off im a gimp whm, not trying to say i'm not.

but:

/SCH has always been better than /RDM

when going using cure V you can focus on a MND build as it either has no cap or a much much higher cap than cure 3/4. Also since cure V has minimum ENM you don't need to really worry about pulling hate with it. when using cure 3/4 and possibly 6 -ENM gear should be factored in when when possible.. especially on 3/4 you can substitute -ENM gear for MND gear since the MND cap is easily hit here. for example since i dont have orison cape yet i use sunbeam cape with a MND strap on my cure Vs and Errant Cape with staff strap for the -ENM on my cure 3/4s. using dual Aquasoul rings on a cure 3/4 would be pointless but awesome on cure V, also if i had a novia earring i wouldn't ever use it on a cure V

lastly.. why is this a NIN thread now lol
[+]
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-12-08 12:34:49  
Asura.Patriclis said:
When lowmanning stuff and cure Ving for 1100~ it's nice to have the negative enmity or you probably will pull hate at some point.
wut? Doesn't matter how much you cure for, Cure V and VI have static enmity generation.
 Cerberus.Nekdal
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Nekdal
By Cerberus.Nekdal 2010-12-08 12:51:18  
anyone know how to obtain the AF3 bodies?
 Valefor.Houppelande
サーバ: Valefor
By Valefor.Houppelande 2010-12-08 15:12:17  
Cerberus.Nekdal said:
anyone know how to obtain the AF3 bodies?
Thru Dominion
 Diabolos.Darkcorrosion
サーバ: Diabolos
By Diabolos.Darkcorrosion 2010-12-14 10:36:02  
has anyone been able to figure out the Enhance "Afflatus Solace" effect on Orison Bliaud +1(2)?
 Asura.Fetus
By Asura.Fetus 2010-12-19 05:13:54  
Diabolos.Darkcorrosion said:
has anyone been able to figure out the Enhance "Afflatus Solace" effect on Orison Bliaud +1(2)?

Seen tons of people with the +1/+2 on. None of them speak English or are too dumb to test it and find out. Saw one person in Port yesterday who had a Yagrush(90) and Orison Bliaud +2. I asked 'em how it enhanced Afflatus Solace and he/she just said "<Test> <How?>". Was disappointing to say the least. You'd think that somebody with a Yagrush(90) would know how to test something so simple.
 Lakshmi.Vitali
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Vitali
By Lakshmi.Vitali 2010-12-22 13:02:43  
It's been confirmed that the +1 body gives a 5% bonus to the stoneskin granted, but you have to have it equiped when the spell lands. If it follows the same trend as other af3 gear, the +2 should give a 10% bonus.

Mixed feelings about it having to have it be equiped.

While it's certainly possible to cap cure potency without nobels, you'd have to sacrifice some other stats (mind, -emnity) in order to do so.
 Gilgamesh.Tweeek
By Gilgamesh.Tweeek 2010-12-22 13:15:28  
10% of 350 Stoneskin vs 10/12% cure potency? is that right?

I hope that's not true but thanks for the info :)